Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In ProgressGraphics are way too sharp

Comments

• Eddie62220Eddie62220 Registered Users Posts: 10
    I just played total war warhammer 1 to compare and ... the difference is more than obvious. I don't really know what they tried to achieve with the second version of the game.
  • Lord_HenkusLord_Henkus Registered Users Posts: 1,580
    My game is also way to sharp and my game is running significally worse than Warhammer 1, which I don't get because the graphic settings are the same...
    How negative I may sound, game is stil 11 out of 10

Also, please slow down combat!

• MaggotzMaggotz Registered Users Posts: 3
    +1 on this, my game is running way worse and the sharpening filter does not look good. I am gonna put the game on hold for now until there is a fix, just finished my first campaign.
  • LokiHadesLokiHades Registered Users Posts: 1
    +1 to this here. I was super hyped for the game but my eyes physically hurt while playing from the sharpness so I've basically stopped. Hopefully CA will address this issue soon.
  • AggravatedPeasantAggravatedPeasant Registered Users Posts: 20
    Well, it has now been exactly two weeks.

The only response so far seems to only be involving ranting people, eh. It's getting increasingly annoying, well at least I hope they have something out by the time that Mortal Empires releases, if that's not taking too long.
  • AussieGiantAussieGiant Registered Users Posts: 183
    Yeah the clock is ticking on a coherent response on performance. If it doesn't come in the next week or so then I expect the board moderators to face a tough time. And with good reason.
  • RuswarrRuswarr Registered Users Posts: 14
    edited October 2017
    The most "fun" will probably come if Mortal Empires will launch without any changes to sharpening. A lot of people will start playing as Old World factions and notice the changes.
    Ruswarr said:

The most "fun" will probably come if Mortal Empires will launch without any changes to sharpening. A lot of people will start playing as Old World factions and notice the changes.

Definitely. I expect that CA are reasonable enough to see that.
  • QmotionQmotion Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 238
    I get the feeling that the sharpening was intented and that we might not see a fix at all. They stated before that they would add a new filter. They said the SSAO is obviously bugged and that it would recieve a fix. But nothing has been said about the sharpening filter being "bugged". I think it was intented to be like this. Which i hope its not, cuz it absolutely looks horrible.
  • HWDriger93HWDriger93 Registered Users Posts: 7
    CA ANSWER even the most new treats but they evade this one, i beggin to be angry (sorry for my bad english)
  • Eddie62220Eddie62220 Registered Users Posts: 10
    Is there a mod available now to fix this issue by chance?
    @Eddie62220

Not that anyone is aware of...sorry.
  • CA_MatthewCA_Matthew The Creative Assembly Registered Users, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 1,033
    Hello everyone,

Apologies for the radio silence, as we have been hard at work testing various alternatives to resolve this issue for you. We weren't confident on posting until we had a confirmed solution, and to that extent I'm happy to announce that we have just that.

We're going to roll our changes out with Patch 1 which is due soon. This will include an option in the advanced graphics settings to enable or disable post-processing sharpening.

I'd like to thank you all for making us aware of this issue, and I look forward to hearing follow up feedback regarding our solution.

Kind regards,

CA_Matt
    FORMAL DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • Blueeyesgirl3Blueeyesgirl3 Registered Users Posts: 285

Hello everyone,

Apologies for the radio silence, as we have been hard at work testing various alternatives to resolve this issue for you. We weren't confident on posting until we had a confirmed solution, and to that extent I'm happy to announce that we have just that.

We're going to roll our changes out with Patch 1 which is due soon. This will include an option in the advanced graphics settings to enable or disable post-processing sharpening.

I'd like to thank you all for making us aware of this issue, and I look forward to hearing follow up feedback regarding our solution.

Kind regards,

CA_Matt

Thank you to everyone at CA, despite the pressure you're all under to roll out both ME and tonnes of bug fixes you guys are hanging in there. Thanks for taking the time to get back to us on this issue, I appreciate that greatly.
    Team Lizardmen
  • RuswarrRuswarr Registered Users Posts: 14
    Thx for the update CA_Mattew! It was good to hear that.
    edited October 2017
    @CA_Matthew

Great thanks for coming in here to give us an update. I know you have been in the "crash" section of the board working through access and stability issues.

Glad to hear you can get a "look and feel" aspect of the game in the first patch.
    Post edited by AussieGiant on
  • LeverkinLeverkin Registered Users Posts: 38
    Great news. Thank you, CA_Matthew.
  • GleichgewichtGleichgewicht Registered Users Posts: 29
    Hope that patch comes really soon, with some performance improvements on top.

Had preordered the game and not played it because of sharpening and campaign map makes my GPU heat up. :(
    Like any other TW Games, 2 month after release they can be played without problems. :D
    Awesome news!
  • HWDriger93HWDriger93 Registered Users Posts: 7
    thank you CA_Matthew sir
  • Komrad_MaxKomrad_Max Registered Users Posts: 6
    Maybe 26 October patch relize
  • QmotionQmotion Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 238

Hello everyone,

Kind regards,

CA_Matt

Thank you for listening to the feedback.

• LaytonBhoyLaytonBhoy Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 168
    CA: Outstanding answer guys.

Thanks for all the hard work. It's fantastic.
  • HauwieHauwie Registered Users Posts: 4
    Fantastic news! Can't wait!
  • NochyanNochyan Member Registered Users Posts: 110
    +1 to CA for the good news.

Hell no, I feel generous and give it +2!
    Bump.

Patch is going to be combined with the Mortal Empires Launch. 26 October is when that is released.

@CA_Matthew was speaking in the crash section where problems are far more serious than here. He mentioned that the patch will coincide with the release of Mortal Empires. I did some searching and that is scheduled for 26 October.

Expect the patch then!!
    edited October 2017

Bump.

Patch is going to be combined with the Mortal Empires Launch. 26 October is when that is released.

@CA_Matthew was speaking in the crash section where problems are far more serious than here. He mentioned that the patch will coincide with the release of Mortal Empires. I did some searching and that is scheduled for 26 October.

Expect the patch then!!

I'm about to test it out now when I have downloaded the 4.5 gb patch lol. I hope it's part of the patch :)
  • kmansp38kmansp38 Registered Users Posts: 185
    After testing, I don't see any real difference with the sharpening filter off? And the campaign map is still stuttery, particularly around the vortex.
    i7 7700K 4.7 Ghz
    Nvidia Duke 1080 8GB
    16 GB Ram
    500GB SSD
    Windows 10
  • HauwieHauwie Registered Users Posts: 4
    Patch is out, but graphics are still buggy. Especially high elves in a desert battle. Strange flickering and sharpness still remains. I tried almost any possible combination in graphics settings, but to no avail.
    This is my comparison (angles don't add up since the camera is different in TW:WH2)
    TOTAL WAR: WARHAMMER

TOTAL WAR: WARHAMMER 2

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file