Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

User Info RequiredCo-op battle bug

tero681tero681 Registered Users Posts: 5
edited September 2017 in Multiplayer Bugs
Every time my friend starts a battle in a co-op campaign it loads us in and then we don't see units till timer hits zero and disconnects us. Only happens when he starts fight not when I start them. I am the host as well. Anyone else having this problem? Or fixs?
Post edited by Lori_CA on

Comments

• mbowen89mbowen89 Registered Users Posts: 14
    edited September 2017
    We are doing a head to head campaign, and it started doing that I believe. Whether he spectates or plays as AI it just says waiting for player to load on the battle map, nothing happens. Basically can't even play battles now except auto resolve :(
  • raptramraptram Registered Users Posts: 4
    Same thing in my game. I'm host as Mazdamundi and he's playing as Kroq-Gar. We figure it might be because I'm hosting, so he tries doing it and we select the same lords. It happens again.

I can fight, he can observe. We figured maybe it's just the first battle he has that's causing problems, so he auto-resolves and tries a different fight. Nope, happens there, too.
  • FhiveFhive Registered Users Posts: 1
    I'm the Kroq-Gar in his game I've tried attacking into a hidden Skaven ruins on turn two and it didn't sync the battle. After numerous tries we decided to just auto-resolve the fight. On turn 3 a Beastmen horde was outside my new settlement that I attacked into and we had the same problem. We let the clock run down to zero and had the units spawn right before the game dropped.

We frequently played co-op in Total War: Warhammer 1 and had this problem occur occasionally, mostly during my quest battles, but we also had campaigns where this never occurred.
  • Lori_CALori_CA Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff, Community Team Posts: 102
    Hi all,

Could everyone having this issue please send us copies of your save files (and your friends save files) so we can look into this for you.
    If you do not know how to retrieve a save file we have a tiny walkthrough below:

1. Hit Windows Key + R
    2. Type %appdata%
    3. Search for "The Creative Assembly" folder, then "Warhammer2"
    4. Then go to the "Save_games"
    5. The save file will be the one dated when you posted this issue in case you have further saves on from this point

Kind regards,
    Lori_CA
    Associate Brand Manager

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • 3eland3eland Registered Users Posts: 3
    Friend and I was able to get Co-Op working. We had a few games where we could play but then this started happening for us as well.

Hope it helps

P.S. - This is a different campaign than the other issue here: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/202150/waiting-for-players
  • ThejonoThejono Registered Users Posts: 4
    Any update on this ? Alot of people having these issues now
  • TheVengeTheVenge Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 67
    I have run into this too, and I decided to siege it out + auto to get around the problem (playing a battle at a Skaven walled city with Kroq-Gar).

Notably, after sieging + autoing that encounter, I was able to play other battles manually later in the same game, so the problem looks to be stemming from certain terrain or maps.

Hope this helps.
    TheVenge said:

I have run into this too, and I decided to siege it out + auto to get around the problem (playing a battle at a Skaven walled city with Kroq-Gar).

Notably, after sieging + autoing that encounter, I was able to play other battles manually later in the same game, so the problem looks to be stemming from certain terrain or maps.

Hope this helps.

That's what we thought, but doing it as different factions also caused it to happen. We also tried auto-resolving a couple of fights and trying later ones and it also happened.
    But did the endless timer wait happen on the same types of maps? I haven't seen a repeat yet (not that this is proof of course), for me it has so far just been that one Skaven walled city map that I couldn't play manually. I would guess it doesn't matter what faction you are, just the map.

Or... maybe there's a bug that manifests itself with only certain faction-to-map combinations, which would explain if you're seeing this on a variety of maps still.

Kind of guessing, I know :smiley: until there's some CA posting in here with more definitive info, that's all I've got.
    From what I've seen, its been random maps, random factions fighting. Lizard vs Skeggi in open, Lizard vs Skaven in city, etc.
    >But did the endless timer wait happen on the same types of maps?

No, they were not the same types of maps. One was a Skaven (unwalled) settlement attack and one was a Lizardman army attack.

> I would guess it doesn't matter what faction you are, just the map.

So why is it happening on totally different maps?

thinking.emoji
  • Care_Owt1852Care_Owt1852 Registered Users Posts: 7
    Any news guys?

I have started a new campaign with my friend but we have encountered the issue in this campaign as well so it seems to be a common problem by the looks of it
    When I started using Hamachi since it seemed to be an issue because I was using a hotspot for internet, it's worked perfect since! Are either of you on mobile hotspots for internet?
    mbowen -- when you say you're using Hamachi, how exactly? I have been using Hamachi for years, to provide a "local" network for games. But I don't see a way in the TW2 interface to tell it to connect to a specific IP. It's just Local Network, which seems to only work if you have someone on the same network LAN segment (ie, someone at your house, etc). How are you making TW2 see your Hamachi network as the Local Network?
    So, is this being fixed by CA at all? or have they just not been adressing it? I have started the same campaign multiple times across multiple races and it is persistent and does not simply go away.
    This is something that's been happening in Total War games since Empire.

Why would they fix it now?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file