Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Can I run it on ultra

YavorYavor Posts: 38Registered Users
I have a question for you CA.
My PC specs are:

I7 - 7700, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060

Can I still run the game on Ultra settings, and still have good fps?
I know that your maximum reccommended specs were for GTX 1070, but can my GTX 1060 meet the requirements?

Kind Regards!

Comments

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,181Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Moved to Tech. You'll need to provide more info about your setup to get a good answer.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • CA_HamishCA_Hamish Posts: 110Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, SEGA
    Hi @Yavor,

With the information you have provided, I can say that if you were to run the GTX 1060 on Ultra settings (1080p) you would get around ~50fps in battle and campaign.

The default preset for the GTX 1060 is set to High to ensure that the user receives 60fps out of the box, in both Battle and Campaign. If you have a GTX 1060 with 3GB of video memory then I would not recommend setting Texture Quality to Ultra, as Ultra requires a minimum of 4GB VRAM. Although, you can still run Ultra texture quality on 3GB, provided you have enabled "Unlimited video memory".

I hope that answers your question

CA_Hamish
  • YavorYavor Posts: 38Registered Users
    Thank you for the fast and satisfactory answer. I have the 6 GB 1060, sorry I didn't mentioned it. I have tried High settings, with ultra textures and ultra unit detail and got a solid 64 fps. Thank you and good luck on your sales!
This discussion has been closed.