Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In ProgressUnits stop in the middle of orders on battle maps - campaign (not sure if the same happens in MP)

Comments

• wantedpumpkinwantedpumpkin Registered Users Posts: 10
    It made the game completely unplayable for me, especially for ranged troops. They'll just stop shooting randomly even if they have a clear view of the troops and fire-at-will just doesn't work at all. And almost none of my units chase down routing troops now. Changing guard mode or lock/unlock groups doesn't change anything.

How did anyone reviewing that game not notice this?

• LET_HolyKnightLET_HolyKnight Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited October 2017
    Nearly finished my second campaign, I experience this quite a bit. I check\unchecked both mode often during battles.

My wild guess would be to look at:
    • Interference : As in my unit touch\get attacked\is in close range of another unit. It seem they totally forget the last order to defend themselves, than they do nothing. Example,(on a wall) I had two rats-assassins on a paladin, this paladin was surrounded\in middle of his troop. My ratssins attacked him once each, I looked away and moments later he move away (nearly full leadership) to attack something on the wall 10 feet away. My ratssins just stoped and attack the troop that surrounded him. Those troop moved too and they stand there taking a vacation...

This seem to happen even if the interference is by a single man of a unit that his far away.

• Other guess is that even if I unchecked guard mode\skirmish mode in battle, it stays on because I have the default on. I only have the "default skirmish on" and sometime my range units ( globader especially) move around (sometimes away, sometimes charge) instead of shooting.

Also I often disable guard\skirmish of multiple units (multi selection), might uncheck the button but actually keep the guard mode on for some units.

• Last one, give orders with guard mode on. Unchecked guard mode without reordering. Might be that the order don't get updated

--Edit-- This is another fight( the replay) where all my unit often stopped moving. "Guard mod by default" is off and no unit have the button lit.

V1.0.0

near 5:30 many enemy units flee the wall and it seem to stop the order of some unit (at the time its my Censor plague rats) to attack those in the city zone
    Post edited by LET_HolyKnight on
  • DoktorGurkeDoktorGurke Registered Users Posts: 2
    still happening to me... pls fix that fast mates!
  • aCupofTeaaCupofTea Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi guys,

Thank you all for providing replays. We're currently investigating this issue and aim to fix it for the next patch.

Would consider rather hot-fixing this issue? It's a game breaking bug and waiting for a whole month or more for the mortal empire patch seems a bit too much considering how heavily it affects the overall gameplay (be it campaign or multiplayer).

I play MP everyday and just pains me to even look for a game playing skavens or lizardmen. Same with campaign, just started lizardmen and my units just flat out don't care about my orders since the first battle.
  • CA_MatthewCA_Matthew The Creative Assembly Registered Users Posts: 1,016
    @aCupofTea unfortunately deploying a hot fix so close to Mortal Empires would affect the launch date. I understand this is frustrating, and I do apologise, however we won't be deploying a hot fix for this issue.

Just to confirm; it is fixed now, and we will be deploying it for patch 1.
    FORMAL DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • Stephince#6150Stephince#6150 Registered Users Posts: 3,300
    edited October 2017
    I have to say I find that an odd decision. You have chosen to delay a fix to a fairly significant bug to a game we have paid for so as not to delay a free update that hasn't even been given an official release date.

Surely the fixes come to the base game first so that not only does it benefit but then in theory those fixes pass through to Mortal Empires, otherwise we will be reporting the same bugs again impacting ME?

Edit: Unless patch one comes with ME of course.
  • BillyRuffian#6250BillyRuffian#6250 Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 40,862
    edited October 2017
    Stephince said:

I have to say I find that an odd decision. You have chosen to delay a fix to a fairly significant bug to a game we have paid for so as not to delay a free update that hasn't even been given an official release date.

Surely the fixes come to the base game first so that not only does it benefit but then in theory those fixes pass through to Mortal Empires, otherwise we will be reporting the same bugs again impacting ME?

Edit: Unless patch one comes with ME of course.

I've always assumed that the first patch would come with the first new content download.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • Stephince#6150Stephince#6150 Registered Users Posts: 3,300
    Yup, I'm preparing to eat some humble pie on this one ;)

@aCupofTea unfortunately deploying a hot fix so close to Mortal Empires would affect the launch date. I understand this is frustrating, and I do apologise, however we won't be deploying a hot fix for this issue.

I see. Could we at least get an estimate of when the patch 1 could be shipped out? Is it a week, a month, quarter of the year? Considering how many game breaking bugs there are right now, no matter how good the game might be it's really painful considering the cost of the game.

Not trying to be rude but some more specific info currently seems like a right gesture.
  • CnConradCnConrad Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,197

Thank goodness it was driving me nuts. Particular issue with the low range skirmish units.

Also @CA_Matthew can you look into skirmishers (skaven "runners" and blowpipe skinks) running into a still enemy when you click ranged attack.

For some reason rather than shoot an enemy in distance they reposition themselves closer and closer until they are in melee.

Please let me know this is fixed, I have managed to play around this issue but it greatly lowers the joy of using these units.
  • PetromirPetromir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,157
    aCupofTea said:

I see. Could we at least get an estimate of when the patch 1 could be shipped out? Is it a week, a month, quarter of the year? Considering how many game breaking bugs there are right now, no matter how good the game might be it's really painful considering the cost of the game.

Not trying to be rude but some more specific info currently seems like a right gesture.
    October 26th. Vast majority of TWW patches drop with content releases.
    Petromir said:

October 26th. Vast majority of TWW patches drop with content releases.

I thought 26th was just a possibility but no really set as far as I know.
  • irurobinirurobin Registered Users Posts: 1,826
    Multiplayer is getting the same problem as well.
  • takilung31takilung31 Registered Users Posts: 1,386

Put Blood in there too please. Battles are extremely lacking as of now .if it comes with Mortal Empire that owuld be the best. still have my negative review for the game since there was no blood.

• KasakkhanKasakkhan Registered Users Posts: 43
    I have the same problem as Morathi and as Queek.
  • CirdanCirdan Registered Users Posts: 807
    This is probably the only bug that really really bothers me, since it's happening to me quite often. I am very glad that it's being fixed now.
  • BlueZs#5202BlueZs#5202 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9
    After 4,5GB updated and Mortal Empires downloaded, the bug is still there with Lizardmen. CA please help :(
  • Blueeyesgirl3Blueeyesgirl3 Registered Users Posts: 285
    edited October 2017
    duydome said:

After 4,5GB updated and Mortal Empires downloaded, the bug is still there with Lizardmen. CA please help :(

I have a suspicion that I'm getting it still as well with the Empire, but I feel like it also might be a trick of the eye.

The AI is definitely more responsive than before, but I definitely think units are still stopping when they shouldn't.

Edit: Yep I'm still getting it. A group of my Demigryph Knights stopped mid-charge and got slammed into by enemy cavalry. W h y.
    Post edited by Blueeyesgirl3 on
    Team Lizardmen
    I was giving myself some time to check. I player for about 6 hours of campaign as lizardmen and yeah it's still there. I'd say it feels better then before but definitely noticable and definitely very annoying.

I have to point out Lizardmen against Skavens (probably any faction against Skavens) because Skavens keep fleeing and then coming back. When I give a command to my lizards to pursue enemies they just stop - most of them, sometimes a unit pursues over half of the map but so far it's about 1 unit out of 10 at best. It's annoyign because Skavens can comfortably reform while I have to uncomfortably kick up the micro management to at least chase a few of them.

I also noticed how chariots get stuck behind the artillery while not hitting the units. It's akward.
  • Phantom4LegionPhantom4Legion Registered Users Posts: 2
    Is it just me but when i play the dark elf in the original campaign they still just standing around.
  • nbaird1974nbaird1974 Registered Users Posts: 45
    I am still having this issue. I am playing through with the VC and every time the enemy runs, even if it is for a moment, the attack order is canceled. often in sieges, the climb order gets canceled as well.
  • NagashizzarNagashizzar NagahsizzarRegistered Users Posts: 252
    Can confirm that this is still a bugg.

Nagash shall come!

I am still having this issue. I am playing through with the VC and every time the enemy runs, even if it is for a moment, the attack order is canceled. often in sieges, the climb order gets canceled as well.

Climbing walls takes time in preparations. Units just sit down quite a bit from the wall and wait, it's not a problem with order but it just takes forever before the animation of ladders being brought up happens. Isn't that your issues as well? Try a siege map give a unit an order to scale walls and then wait it seems like forever unti ladders appear while your units look like they do nothing. It's weird but that's how it works now.

I haven't tried Mortal Empire campaign yet so my comment was about vortext campaign after Mortal Empires update. But it seems it happenes in both campaigns.

I'm getting it in custom battles as well as the campaign battles. I think this is a universal thing to do with the AI our troops use.

I really wish CA had fixed it, I start a new job soon and will have pretty much no time to play this game once I do, but I don't want to play it because this bug is terrible...
    Team Lizardmen
  • SamM_CASamM_CA Member Registered Users, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 160
    Can anybody experiencing this issue please upload a replay and give information on the exact timing of where they are experiencing the issue in that replay. We are doing our best to reproduce and track down the exact problem, but are receiving many conflicting reports so need replays of the issue to look in to.

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • KayosivKayosiv Senior Member Kirkland WA. USARegistered Users Posts: 2,849
    I've found a lot of issues with terrorgheists charging into units of cavalry that are pathing to target other units besides the terrorgheist. The terrorgheist will kill 1 or 2 knights it can get its hands on then sit there forever. Clicking an attack order on the knights doesn't work, but telling it to move somewhere else will cause it to move again.

I'll try to get some replays of this when I get home to try and help the bug team.
    Space Frontier is a sci-fi themed board game I've designed for 2-4 players. Please take a look and enjoy our free Print-and-Play at FreezeDriedGames.com

If you have any questions about tactics or mechanics in Total War Warhammer multiplayer, feel free to PM me.
  • KayosivKayosiv Senior Member Kirkland WA. USARegistered Users Posts: 2,849
    Here it is.

Happened in 2 games out of 6.
    Space Frontier is a sci-fi themed board game I've designed for 2-4 players. Please take a look and enjoy our free Print-and-Play at FreezeDriedGames.com

If you have any questions about tactics or mechanics in Total War Warhammer multiplayer, feel free to PM me.
  • Haze64#2793Haze64#2793 Registered Users Posts: 636
    SamM_CA said:

Can anybody experiencing this issue please upload a replay and give information on the exact timing of where they are experiencing the issue in that replay. We are doing our best to reproduce and track down the exact problem, but are receiving many conflicting reports so need replays of the issue to look in to.

I notice it when the unit runs into a separate unit, even if its just 1 model. They stop and reform.

Sometimes they run into the very same unit if it is spread out over a vast distance, i.e. routing.
    I don't get how you guys are struggling to replicate it. For me, I send an entire 20-stack into battle and less than a minute later 10 out of 20 units have stopped moving or pursuing. It happens most often when a unit starts routing, any units that were in pursuit will just full on stop rather than giving chase, but they'll also stop mid-charge, while walking or if they're in a middle of a fight. It's so easy to notice and it happens so often.

I can't even get you guys a replay because I'm working non-stop for the next three days, this sucks.
    Team Lizardmen
  • KlorinmannenKlorinmannen Registered Users Posts: 11
    Think i experienced this as well in my HE campaign recently, im not 100% though - it happens to lords/swordmasters/nobles. Im going to check next time it happens and make sure its not just exhaustment that forces them to stand still.

On another note im having issues with high elves mages(Light) - Using Shem's Burning Glaze sometimes buggs out completely and orders the mages in to melee combat with the target instead, unhindered line of sight.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file