Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In ProgressUnits stop in the middle of orders on battle maps - campaign (not sure if the same happens in MP)

aCupofTeaaCupofTea Posts: 43Registered Users
edited October 2017 in Campaign & Battle Bugs
Hello,

I'd like to point to this reddit thread about Total War: Warhammer II which points out that units on battle maps stop on their own doing whatever they are ordered to do.

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/73ewm5/my_units_keep_stopping_at_whatever_they_do_in/

I don't know if the same happenes in multiplayer though I think the problem is there too at least from the little MP matches I saw through twitch streamers.

It's definitely there for singleplayer campaign which is super annoying.

EDIT:
Just to be sure,
- I don't know how to reproduce this issue I just know that many players complain about it.
- I don't have any mods.
- Latest version from Steam (I don't have beta patch option turned on so only stable release)
- When I notice it again I'll try to save the replay. I came to post about it later after I quit the game.
Post edited by CA_Matthew on
Tagged:

Comments

• Blueeyesgirl3Blueeyesgirl3 Posts: 285Registered Users
    This is happening to me as well and it seems to be happening more and more as the campaign goes on, but I never got an answer on my thread. Hopefully you do because this needs to be addressed, it's making battles extremely un-fun.
    Team Lizardmen
  • timblade2timblade2 Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited September 2017
    Happens to me too. It's absolutely unbearable during sieges. I shouldn't have to issue the same attack command a dozen times for my unit to finally start moving or to stop disengaging. I hope this won't ruin Mortal Empires.
  • aCupofTeaaCupofTea Posts: 43Registered Users
    edited September 2017

This is happening to me as well and it seems to be happening more and more as the campaign goes on, but I never got an answer on my thread. Hopefully you do because this needs to be addressed, it's making battles extremely un-fun.

Yeah, I hope so too and after checking totalwar reddit thread above we are certainly not alone in this matter. Hopefully, some responsible notices and let us know. Or at least some patch fix solving the issue comes soon. :0
    timblade2 said:

Happens to me too. It's absolutely unbearable during sieges. I shouldn't have to issue the same attack command a dozen times for my unit to finally start moving or to stop disengaging. I hope this won't ruin Mortal Empires.

Get a lot of range units it's easier if they are in range they just keep firing on their own. Melee is a different story sometimes they just have their own head, - very stubborn one. ;0
  • NuminarusNuminarus Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited September 2017
    This is an issue I've felt all across the Lizardmen campaign. At first I thought it was just me, that Lizardmen might not be the playstyle I like, as they lack a lot of ranged and most factions I've played has ranged. But it's been absurd at times. It's gone so far I usually just end up putting my troopss in locked groups just so I can spam new orders to majority of my troops without pausing all the time and I never had to do that in the first game.

I have these battles where I try to send my cavalry or spearmen after an enemy cavalry, and where in the first game they'd run after them until catching, here it's as if there sometimes a hidden obstacle or the enemy becomes hidden in a forest. They just stop.

It's not like guard mode, I got that toggled off, I found the setting that put it on by default and it's off. So there's something that causes this problem. I hope it's found and solved, cause after trying High Elves it's not nearly as bad on their part due to having ranged. Lizardmen are just frustrating cause they're heavy melee with slow movement speed. I really wanna love the faction but I can't atm with this being a thing.
    Small update: Since I posted on this earlier, I lost a battle against a Skaven warlord spamming Gutter Runners because my cavalry wouldn't pursue them for any length of time. I had to use my Infantry to try and terror rout them, which obviously didn't work and I lost the entire army while the cavalry stood there getting sniped. Later, I encountered a High Elf Lord spamming - you guessed it - Archers and Reaver Archers. I ended up having to send my entire 20-stack after ONE UNIT OF ARCHERS! Because it was the only thing the game seemed to want to accept, otherwise all my units just stopped and got sniped by archer spam.

Please fix this CA because I'm about to go insane from seeing my precious lizards acting THIS DUMB! :'(
    Team Lizardmen
  • unknown_oneunknown_one Junior Member Posts: 142Registered Users
    Yes, fix this please.
    Really annoying bug.
  • NokhalNokhal Posts: 5Registered Users
    edited September 2017
    Quick question to all of you running in this issue : are you sure you don't have guard mod activated ?

edit : it can be enbaled/disabled by default in the options.
    Nokhal said:

Quick question to all of you running in this issue : are you sure you don't have guard mod activated ?

It is DEFINITELY not on for me. I can't speak for everyone else but I'm assuming that they would have checked this already before posting.
    Team Lizardmen
  • timblade2timblade2 Posts: 2Registered Users
    Turning off default guard mode was the first thing I did when I launched the game. The option might have something to do with the bug though since if occurs most often when enemies run away. I tried playing with the option on and guard mode off manually but it didnt fix it.
    Nokhal said:

I'm sure of it. Guard and skirmish were the first things I checked not just in Options but in every particular battle. I like to skirmish and kite since Wood Elves so I utilize units as efficiently as I can and that includes utilizing guard and skirmish. I'm not perfect but I checked this first when I noticed having troubles.
  • RowYerboatRowYerboat Junior Member Posts: 944Registered Users
    This actually happened to me quite a bit during sieges in TWW1. I complained about it several times and no one else really seemed to be having the problem. Now I'm in my first campaign in TWW2 (Lizardmen) and I've noticed it in field battles now and then...not to a gamebreaking degree, but yeah, it's always been annoying.
    Grace confirmed on a thread on Reddit that they're looking into this now. Praise Sotek!
    Team Lizardmen
  • CA_MatthewCA_Matthew The Creative Assembly Posts: 983Registered Users, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    Hey everyone,

Could we please get some supporting information for this issue? A battle replay would be particularly useful, or a short video.

You can find your replays stored here:
    %appdata%\The Creative Assembly\Warhammer2\replays
    FORMAL DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    edited October 2017
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/202480/units-often-dont-engage-the-enemy-when-attacked#latest

@CA_Matthew There is a replay on this thread from somebody having the same/similar issue it seems you guys may have overlooked by accident. I'll try and get a replay later when I'm back home. I really wish I'd saved that skaven battle I lost because of this bug now...
    Team Lizardmen
    edited October 2017
    Sorry for the double post but as it happens I do have a replay that displays the bug. It's more prominent with Kroq-gar and my cavalry, but once I engage the main dark elf army at the top of the map you can see my entire force starts to suffer from it. Many units just stand still letting themselves get killed or stop moving mid-order. If you watch Kroq-gar a little as well you can see me spam-clicking with him to keep him moving as he tried to stop more than once.
    Team Lizardmen
  • ProfFabulousProfFabulous Posts: 4Registered Users
    edited October 2017
    Here is a replay of mine that shows that the units are not engaging as they should be.

Guard mode is not on, you can observe the saurus units reverting into their normal formation when they stop engaging the skaven units.

Post edited by ProfFabulous on
  • 3dahs3dahs Posts: 38Registered Users
    Happens a lot to me too. I play Lizardmen
  • amdmcmamdmcm Junior Member Posts: 24Registered Users
    Here's mine replay, had the same issue happen during the very first battle as Queek.

You can clearly see that the rat ogres stop chasing archers at around 2:38, until I order them again to attack.

Same at ~1:46 with Queek, he's just standing there doing nothing near an enemy lord, while before he was fighting him.

Guard mode, naturally, was off.

• CA_MatthewCA_Matthew The Creative Assembly Posts: 983Registered Users, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    Hi guys,

Thank you all for providing replays. We're currently investigating this issue and aim to fix it for the next patch.
    FORMAL DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • Pi2rEpsilonPi2rEpsilon Posts: 168Registered Users
    3dahs said:

Happens a lot to me too. I play Lizardmen

Yeah, it is frigging annoying when fighting Skaven as Lizardmen. Sauruses and beasts just keep stopping rather than pursuing the skirmishing rats riddling them with fire after they've been ordered to. Or just standing around looking like idiots because, why not? Or you order some units to perform a nice three-legged move to get in position to riddle the enemy's flank or back with their blowpipes, and something happens that makes them decide to stop somewhere along the way, completely out of position.

It doesn't happen all the time, but it happens often enough that I'm reduced to babysitting units "just in case". I imagine this is an issue for all factions, but due to the Lizardmen's reliance on melee it is probably most in your face for their faction.
  • hoxemhoxem Posts: 5Registered Users
    This is really gamebreaking, having to micromanage all your units to this degree makes tactics impossible. I really hope a fix is just around the corner.
  • PikkutossuPikkutossu Posts: 2Registered Users
    I also have this issue. I think it's related to unit's speed. If they charge a unit that has a higher speed than they have and the unit retreats, that sometimes causes the chasing unit to stop moving.
    edited October 2017

Hey everyone,

Could we please get some supporting information for this issue? A battle replay would be particularly useful, or a short video.

You can find your replays stored here:
    %appdata%\The Creative Assembly\Warhammer2\replays

You can also directly check in Ninjahund's video on twitch:

(it's the latest video in case the link doesn't work you can check the date 03/10/2017)
    Time stamp 1:58:40 is the first in this battle then you can follow this battle for a few more seconds (a minute) and you will notice him pointing it out again).

Though, take his temper with a grain of salt ;).
  • sonoxioussonoxious Junior Member Posts: 10Registered Users
    edited October 2017
    I have also noticed that my attacking units often revert back to their default idle formation once they stop fighting the unit that they were ordered to engage, even if they are being attacked by other enemy units. In the first TWW game they would automatically engage the other enemy units that they were in contact with.
  • SarmatiansSarmatians Posts: 2,959Registered Users
    Happens to me in quick battle also.

Lost a few battles because of that.
  • TrenytTrenyt Member Posts: 83Registered Users
    Yeah It's happening to me constantly in my Teclis campaign. I must also add that shattered/routing units are standing and fighting my troops as well when they are caught up on my troops. Also some shattered troops have half a morale bar visible.
  • RocketlegionRocketlegion Member Posts: 621Registered Users
    edited October 2017
    Just wanna chime in this happens with all the races, I was doing a siege as Skaven and ordered my troops up the walls they just stood there. I had to tell them multiple times until finally they moved, after they lost almost all their units.
  • LamnatarLamnatar Junior Member Posts: 17Registered Users
    It must be something with the Unit colliosion, when i charge a fleeing unit and my unit is touching another enemy unit my unit looses its orders.
    Maybe this has something to do with the skaven abillity to summon units? I heard that the summoned skaven unit has no collison detecting.
    It just happened to me in my HE vs HE battle in campaign. My spears just flat out ignored all my orders while my enemy was runnign around with his cav. Can't believe how much effort I had to put in to protect my archers from just two units of light cav xD. So micro intense.
  • AkoenaAkoena Junior Member Posts: 53Registered Users
    +1 fix please

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file