Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War Warhammer 2 hits the floor running!

CA_AtoCA_Ato The Creative AssemblyRegistered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 700
Howdy, Players of Battles!

Five days ago, we doubled the amount of Total War Warhammers. Since then, you have played nearly 7 million battles, among which there were 40k quick battles and roughly 25k free for all slaughter-fests. Those numbers are for WH2 alone - WH1 is naturally still being played too!

At this point after WH1’s release I already had a list of OP units to rebalance, but we have not spotted a Demigryph in WH2 yet o:) . The “useless” units called out by some in the community before release are working fine, and even the underloved High Elves are winning battles. That does not mean @CA_Duck and I have nothing to do. We are still working on bringing WH1 content up to WH2 levels, but we will also look at the weakest performers of WH2 and make some quick adjustments there. Quick, because we are not far away from releasing the Mortal Empires DLC and receiving a massive avalanche of balancing feedback and data from all factions! I can’t put into words just how crazy the amount of content and the potential tactics that derive from it has become. Some of you will know what I am talking about…

Which brings me to the Balancing Assembly Project! This group of passionate players provided a great list of feedback and experienced first-hand how difficult it is to balance the vast number of units and abilities in our game. Regardless of whether you agree with every single change, the hard work and discipline this team put into discussing, testing, compromising, publishing and iterating through this all is amazing and deserves some applause! It was once again great to see how much overlap there was between suggestions from the community and our changes. Where we do diverge, quite often you will find that we have made code changes to fix or adjust a system rather than try and balance it out. Unfortunately, the Balancing Assembly Project’s results came in too late for us to properly engage with the team. Going forward though, I truly hope the team keeps feeding us excellent, validated feedback!

To give you an idea of how many battle improvements were made in WH2, I will publish a collection of changes large and small in a separate post. The list is certainly going to miss things, but we have been working on a lot of builds, while a lot of impactful changes came knotted together, and bug-fixes and new features often went hand-in-hand. If you notice changes missing from that list, give us a shout and we will add them.

Enough of me now. You have Vortices to destabilise, and those alliances won’t break themselves, will they?

Kind regards, Ato

PS: Skink Priest (Heavens) and Dark Riders with Crossbows. Just saying.