Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Skaven quoting Trump

stanco4everstanco4ever Posts: 1Registered Users
Anyone else chuckle when entering diplomacy with Skaven and hearing "we have the best words"?

I'm assuming it was deliberate, but made me smile either way,

Comments

• Rochaid29Rochaid29 Senior Member Posts: 1,218Registered Users
    /puke

don't ruin the rats
  • SherShahSuriSherShahSuri Junior Member Posts: 1,109Registered Users
    edited October 2017
    hmm... I always did see trump as a rat... interesting. Where did I put my skink javelin
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 1,902Registered Users
    Well he does have a habit of repeating the same words twice....
  • asyncasync Junior Member Posts: 50Registered Users
    Can we please leave the leftist trump bashing out of this forum? Is it possible? Thank you.
    It follows you everywhere. -.-
  • echonianechonian Posts: 103Registered Users
    edited October 2017
    I don't see why you have to bring Trump into a fantasy video game like this based on something so harmless.

The Skaven just talk like that. There's no need to bring politics into this, or to assume there was some hidden message involved by Skaven talking like Skaven.

We all get enough of politics in the real world, I'm sure.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 9,135Registered Users
    async said:

Can we please leave the leftist trump bashing out of this forum? Is it possible? Thank you.

you don't have to be "leftist" to bash Trump though... he's more than capable of delivering ammunition to fire against him from all political directions. just saying...
    Every wrong is recorded! Every slight against us! Page after Page, etched in blood! Clan Gunnison! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman!

Yes! to Boris Todbringer as playable, subfaction leading Legendary Lord with Starting Position Middenheim instead for the Empire! NO to the lazy way of moving Gelt and Volkmar who both belong to Reikland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • tgoodenowtgoodenow Senior Member Posts: 777Registered Users
    Trump haters are the new vegans. They let you know everywhere they go
  • boyfightsboyfights Junior Member Posts: 4,023Registered Users
    it's the trump quote that cracks me up the most and i noticed it instantly, cheers CA B)
    boyfights you are always here to confirmate every spark of originality
    or reason burns or acid bruises anyone,
    stop your gladiator love for agressions.
  • konokonokonokono Posts: 299Registered Users
    I didn't realize that was a Trump quote.......
  • HexiHexi Posts: 1,096Registered Users
    This is a dumpster fire waiting to happen.
    There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt
  • echonianechonian Posts: 103Registered Users
    konokono said:

It would be fairly easy to not know that, because you have to have a very unhealthy obsession with the man to keep track of every last thing he says that could bring embarrassment. Like him or hate him, the man is unquestionably poor at keeping his mouth shut at times.

Which makes me think that this is not a reference to Trump at all, given - again - that this is just how the Skaven speak. Trying to attach special meaning to phrases in video games like this is just really weird.

Such is the age we live in, however.

You can't make any piece of media without having to either go over every line in your game with a fine-tooth comb to make sure that nobody famous ever said the line, or you just ignore that and write what sounds good to write anyway - knowing all the while that people will assign meaning to what your fictional video game characters have said. Meaning that often is not based on reality or on what was actual developer intent, but rather in order to make people feel better about themselves and their own political convictions.

I, for one, would like to be able to enjoy reading about a video game and playing a video game without having people try to use said video games as a sort of mental canvas for their own political prejudices. Doesn't seem like much to ask, honestly.
  • SephirexSephirex Right outside your windowPosts: 1,028Registered Users
    edited October 2017
    async said:

Forums need to be a 'safe space'.
    Anyways, this thread should betting locked real soon.
  • PappyTronPappyTron Posts: 857Registered Users
    echonian said:

konokono said:

I, for one, would like to be able to enjoy reading about a video game and playing a video game without having people try to use said video games as a sort of mental canvas for their own political prejudices. Doesn't seem like much to ask, honestly.
    Here here.
    "We’ve been playtesting the **** out of every one of the 35 factions on all the difficulty settings"
  • CaptainSensibleCaptainSensible Junior Member Posts: 105Registered Users
    async said:

You don't want Trump-bashing and yet are bashing leftists in the same sentence. Kinda says something, don't it?
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 10,279Registered Users
    tgoodenow said:

Trump haters are the new vegans. They let you know everywhere they go

Trump would close the Fortress Gates. :)
  • NeverBackDownNeverBackDown Senior Member Posts: 1,790Registered Users

async said:

You don't want Trump-bashing and yet are bashing leftists in the same sentence. Kinda says something, don't it?
    He did not bash leftists at all.
    Getting offended easily, kinda says something don't it?
  • boyfightsboyfights Junior Member Posts: 4,023Registered Users
    echonian said:

It would be fairly easy to not know that, because you have to have a very unhealthy obsession with the man to keep track of every last thing he says that could bring embarrassment. Like him or hate him, the man is unquestionably poor at keeping his mouth shut at times.

some of us are adults that read the news, and he tends to feature fairly heavily

"i have the best words" is an incredible quote, and pretty easy to remember too
    boyfights you are always here to confirmate every spark of originality
    or reason burns or acid bruises anyone,
    stop your gladiator love for agressions.
  • SherShahSuriSherShahSuri Junior Member Posts: 1,109Registered Users
    async said:

I love that... "Leftist"

Anyone that insults Trump makes you fanatics Heil Hitler and bark in his defense... Left and Right don't mean **** in that country... just like black and white, it's nothing but smoke to get the masses to fight each other while obeying the leader. The amount of time you people got tricked... it's insanity how you can still fall for this.
  • WalrusWalrus Senior Member BrazilPosts: 1,102Registered Users
    Bad-bad thread bringing bald-man thingie into fantasy, thread should be closed-closed. Yes-yes.
  • CaptainSensibleCaptainSensible Junior Member Posts: 105Registered Users

async said:

He did not bash leftists at all.
    Getting offended easily, kinda says something don't it?
    So implying that "leftists" need to shut up and get out and that their views aren't welcome here even when the game itself is actually parodying Trump isn't hostility?

God, I'm getting flashbacks to gamergate.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 9,947Registered Users
    Cirdan said:

Funny thing that you get accused for being a leftist if you joke about Trump or dislikes him tho. :) You don't have to be a leftist to know that the man is a joke.

Just not very bright. Discussing politics goes against the forum terms and conditions.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • ElectorOfWurttembergElectorOfWurttemberg Posts: 1,811Registered Users
    edited October 2017

Anyone that insults Trump makes you fanatics Heil Hitler

The root cause of modern political violence. Get a hold of your self.

Lead by the craven, torn apart by the greedy, weaken and exposed.
  • OnebitsoulOnebitsoul Posts: 4Registered Users
    boyfights said:

"i have the best words" is an incredible quote, and pretty easy to remember too

Everything that comes out of the man's mouth is an incredible quote. Sad!

• SephirexSephirex Right outside your windowPosts: 1,028Registered Users
    edited October 2017
    This thread is stupid. Everyone knows that every US President has always really been a Lizardman (not skaven!) in disguise.
  • krunshkrunsh Senior Member Posts: 3,606Registered Users
    I laught at it when the Skaven said it in the game, without even connection the dots.

You do have the best words, ratman, you do.
    i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz
    Geforce gtx 970
    16gb ram

Team Skaven
  • madskittlsmadskittls Posts: 294Registered Users
  • FrontlinerDeltaFrontlinerDelta Senior Member Posts: 3,549Registered Users
    async said:

This.

I don't care if you lean left or right, can we please keep the politics out of this forum? It's one of the few places someone can actually get away from it.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 35,665Registered Users, Moderators, Knights

Just not very bright. Discussing politics goes against the forum terms and conditions.

Exactly. Closed.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
This discussion has been closed.