Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Trait Gained Guide

wealthyempirewealthyempire Senior MemberUSAPosts: 1,125Registered Users
edited August 2014 in Total War: SHOGUN 2
I'm hoping you can help me put together a guide to traits gained by Generals. Similar to Chronobomb's guide to retainers.
I'm looking for the 1) trait gained and effect 2) what cause(d) it.
Most updated version here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=466612

Trait Gained
Heart-Sick> -1 morale for this general and his bodyguard. Some losses pierce the soul, and turn the mind.
1)Daimyo dying of old age caused his son, brother of new daimyo to gain this trait.
2)hostage killed, Daimyo gained this trait.
3)daimyo dies, one of his brothers gains this trait

Summer Son> +1 morale for all units under this man's command. The pure light of the heavens shines in this man's every movement.
If your Daimyo has the summer son trait you also get Blessing of Amaterasu every summer season +1 happiness across all provinces/+1 morale for all troops
1)Daimyo wins 3 consecutive land battles in the summer season

An Eye For The Ladies> -1% to campaign movement range for all unit's under this man's command. Women are a pleasure in life.
1)After a few turns of garrisoning in a castletown with a Sake Den
2) Stationing your general in a castletown where you're building up the stealth chain of buildings

Womaniser> -2% campaign movement range for all units under this man's command. Women! What other pleasure compares.
upgrade of An Eye For The Ladies
1)General garrisoning in a castletown with a Sake Den
2)more time spent in a castletown where you're building up the stealth chain of buildings

Devoted> +1 to this general's loyalty. For this man, the clan is all.
1) Possibly A general of some importance a commissioner perhaps
2) possibly high ranking general
3) possibly generals recruited early in the campaign
4) possibly general that maintains high honour and/or controls a large army
5) doesn't have to be active at the time the trait is gained
Needs more testing and verification

Loyal> +2 to this general's loyalty. Even by the code of bushido, this man has noteworthy loyalty.
upgrade of devoted 1)

Likes His Food> -1% campaign movement range. This man seldom misses a meal, whether invited or not.
1) General garrisoning in a castletown with rice exchange or higher market building?

Brave> +1 morale for all units under this man's command. This man has a reputation for going into harm's way
1)A few auto resolved battles, possibly based on decisive victory and number of kills

Courageous> +2 morale for all units under this man's command. This man's name is a byword for honest courage in battle.
upgrade of brave trait
1)possibly related to experience gained by the general during a battle.
2)possibly based on decisive victory and number of kills during a battle.

Heroic> +3 morale for all units under this man's command. This man is a god of battles.
upgrade of courageous trait
1)possibly related to experience gained by the general during a battle.
2)possibly based on decisive victory and number of kills during a battle.

War Is Slaughter>Instills fear in enemy units(Reduces Morale). A little killing is part of warfare.
1) Could be from huge losses on both sides in a battle
2) general defended castletown against fairly even odds auto resolved high losses on both sides(pyrrhic victory)

Bloodthirsty> Instills fear in enemy units(Reduces Morale). A lot of killing saves work later.
1)

Unfair>+1 to repression in this province. I am the exemplar of justice. Say different again, and you lose your tongue!
1)

Casually Brutal> +1 to repression in this province. crucifixion. A most excellent lesson.
1)

Suspi-cious> +1 to repression in this province/-5% to chance of assassination. Trust is no longer in this man's nature.
1)

True Believer> Converts provinces in which this man is located to the clan religion(+1 religious zeal). The blades edge marks a line of salvation.
1) Ikko Ikki
2)

Fanatic> Converts provinces in which this man is located to the clan religion(+2 religious zeal). The fire of faith tempers the sword of the soul.
1)

Impolite> -20 to diplomatic relations. No No No.
1) loss of honor due to allies declaring war on other allies

Peacable> +10 to diplomatic relations. Without peace, men cannot live harmoniously
1) Playing Oda declared peace with Saito got this trait. In other words sometimes when you
get peace with a clan you've been at war with for a while.
2) Sometimes when the AI asks for peace and you agree.

Lucky> -2% to the chance of assassination. A lucky escape is a good omen.
1)

Guardian Spirit> -5% to the chance of assassination. Someone, or something, watches over this man.
1)

Distrustful> -5% to the chance of assassination. When you wake up with a knife at your throat, some suspi-cions are justified.
1)

Protected By The Spirits> -10% to the chance of assassination. I am protected. I will always be protected.
1)

Night Fighter> Enables night battles. Darkness holds no terrors.
1) Hattori generals
2)

Enjoys A Drink> +1 morale for all units under this man's command. There's nothing wrong with one sip of sake.
1)

Self Centred> +1 melee attack for this general and his bodyguard. Always dutiful, but aware of his own needs and desires.
1)

Fond Of Gold> +1 morale for all units under this man's command. If it can be found, it can be liberated
1) Looting with a high amount of Koku acquired (possibly 10,000 or more)
2) After my Daimyo looted 6 times(high Koku looting)

Agents trait gained

Ninja

Delight In Killing>+3% to assassination success chance. Killing is one thing, but this killer drools as he works
1) Many assassinations

Brutal Streak>
1)5/6 star and almost exclusively an assassin.

Metsuke
Vicious> +1 to cunning when apprehending. I am a most fortunate man I enjoy hurting people to get at the truth
1) I was doing a lot of apprehending and bribing armies I'm not sure which triggered it?

Monk

Additions, verifications and corrections needed. please submit new traits gained so I can add them to the list.

If you have a general with a trait then please right click the general and hover over the green symbol and tell me what information it's showing.
Guides and other informative threads
S2, RotS, FotS Economic Quick Reference Guides
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=462317
Check out post #2 (S2) and post #9 (RotS) for other informative threads
The Sekigahara Campaign 2012 TWC Modding Awards Winner (Team Member)
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1841
Post edited by wealthyempire on

Comments