Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Adorbs

Turn Limit

McclaudMcclaud Junior MemberPosts: 2Registered Users
edited September 2010 in Rome: Total War
Hi everyone.

I've played Rome Total War a few times before and it's a good game.

Anyway, does anyone know what the turn limit is before the game ends, and is there a way to increase it indefinitely?

Thanks.
Post edited by Mcclaud on

Comments

• Billy RuffianBilly Ruffian Moderator UKPosts: 26,096Registered Users, Moderators
    edited September 2010
    I think you'll find that the victory objective has to be accomplished in 284 years (568 turns?), but once you have achieved the objective you can continue playing for as long as you like.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • HardwaremasterHardwaremaster Senior Member In 3dsmax Los Angeles CaliforniaPosts: 6,390Registered Users, Tech Moderators
    edited September 2010
    The game definantly give you plenty of time, but in case you needed more the game goes on forever after that.
    Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
    "True redundancy is when you are writing a description to describe the word that describes the description you used to describe it." - Christopher Purches

My PC: (2x 980GTX 4GB) (32GB DDR4 2133mhz) (I7 5980K OC 4.5Ghz) (512GB SSDs + 2TB storage drives)

"How on earth is a video game supposed to help you "feel the smell of ash"? Maybe CA could package some up with your disc." -Mackles
  • McclaudMcclaud Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited September 2010
    Ah ok. Thanks.

I know the game gives me plenty of time, but I'm one of these people who build an empire, and even though there's no way to expand further, I still want to keep it.
  • ClumsyNinjaClumsyNinja Member Posts: 83Registered Users
    edited September 2010
    If you complete the Victory of 70% regions conquered or whatever the long campaign is and you carry on to get 100% does the game acknowledge this in any way?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 7,175
    edited September 2010
    If you get to 2010 please post a screenshot :-)
  • azndomin8tionazndomin8tion Senior Member Posts: 603Registered Users
    edited September 2010
    What if you're at v1.0? You have to save the game and not open the victory message to continue playing (everyone knows that) But what happens when you reach 14AD? Is there a choice to keep playing in 1.0 or is that an upgrade that came in with later versions like the continue playing after victory thing?
    Here have a tpyo XD

Promoting my own bunny - everyone copy THIS bunny into their sig to stop Clover's bunny from taking over the world!
    (0)_(0)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")