Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Best Lizardmen Army Composition?

cardinal170cardinal170 Posts: 9Registered Users
So recently I have finally started to explore the world of multiplayer battles, and holy cow I'm so awful! I love the lizardmen and I will continue to play them all the time but I find myself struggling to create a good army setup with them espcially with the amount of funds given. I mostly struggle against high elves's archers. I would like to know the best army setup for Lizardmen, and how to typically deal with the high elves's archers with them. I usually play with Large funds or medium.

Comments

• Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Posts: 960Registered Users
    HE archers sre terribke vs LM monsters so i would suggest a maz on steg and 2 more stegs to ramp thru his army rest a mix of cameleon skinks and sarus warriors
  • ZerglesZergles Member Posts: 1,175Registered Users
    The Bastilladons with the lasers on their backs are pretty much the best thing ever. You can get two or even three, and use them to soak up ranged fire by running them out ahead of your army and forcing the enemy to come to you, just use cold blooded to keep them healed up while they poke high value units. Then have a mid tier infantry line with some skinks for more mass to your front line.

Kroq-Gar on his special mount and a Vetaran on his Carnosaur for leadership.

That is what I see a lot of peopke use. And it is really good against both sets of Elves since eagle/reaper bolt throwers can't out DPS the Bastilladons.

Against Skaven though, you need to do something different. You need Cold One riders and good skrimishing. Or else Warp Lightning cannons will poop on all your monsters.

So

Elves= More Monsters

Skaven= Less monsters, more mobility and better infantry.

• glosskilosglosskilos Posts: 196Registered Users
    Use skink cohorts on the flanks. Theyre fast and really good at running around the enemy flanks to pressure missile units. I like to throw in kroxigors with them to make the flank attack much more dangerous.
  • seienchinseienchin Senior Member Posts: 4,188Registered Users
    Kroq-Gar + that healing bastilodon almost defeated my Skaven setups. That is a really powerful combination. Took both my warp cannons all battle long to finally kill him.
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Posts: 652Registered Users
    Mazdamundi on Stegadon, + Healing Bastilidon, + 2 heros mounted on Carnosaurs should give you PLENTY of healing to get you into range of their archers. All 4 of those units should be able to tear though their formations to get into their back line.

The Carnosaurs can also be used to 'goon squad' against monsters or mounted lords the High Elf player brings, since the High Elf player will probably be bringing a Noble or a Star Dragon or something to try and snipe your lord, mounted carnosaurs give you a bodyguard/counter to that kind of thing.

Rest of the army is up to you, how you like to balance your cold ones, skinks, saurus has a lot of viable different flavor combinations. Or if you're feeling cheesy, you can just round it out with additional bastilidons :-) But that's more for lulz than actually bringing a good build. Sometimes my inner Jurassic Park gets the better of me :-)
  • ZerglesZergles Member Posts: 1,175Registered Users
    Whenever people bring Mazamundi I get happy. You can focus him down as Skaven, way too easily. And Elves keep him moving and healing which seems like a waste.

He's good. But I think right now Kroq is the way to go since he can use his mobility to get in and out of combat and missile/artillary fire.
    Zergles said:

Whenever people bring Mazamundi I get happy. You can focus him down as Skaven, way too easily. And Elves keep him moving and healing which seems like a waste.

He's good. But I think right now Kroq is the way to go since he can use his mobility to get in and out of combat and missile/artillary fire.

He can still get focused down though, especially by dark riders with repeater crossbows. Ive had trouble countering them in in hands of skilled players, ive tried a lot of different things. I think im just gonna bring kroq gar or old blood on foot against dark elves next time
  • Drak234Drak234 Posts: 30Registered Users

Zergles said:

He can still get focused down though, especially by dark riders with repeater crossbows. Ive had trouble countering them in in hands of skilled players, ive tried a lot of different things. I think im just gonna bring kroq gar or old blood on foot against dark elves next time
    I wonder how he would do on foot. Always see him on grymloq so it never crossed my mind. Should be pretty good though but no ability to move through units.
    Drak234 said:

Zergles said:

I wonder how he would do on foot. Always see him on grymloq so it never crossed my mind. Should be pretty good though but no ability to move through units.
    The oldblood is better on foot i think. He has a pretty good buff ability called horn of khygor, like a mini waaaagh. Ive been using him against both elf factions, and i havent lost with the build yet. On the other hand, when i bring kroq gar on grymloq i lose most games against elf players
  • KayosivKayosiv Senior Member Posts: 1,795Registered Users
    It doesn't help that high have an essentailly entire army of spears and dark elves don't bring much large for his carnosaur to fight.
  • GeneralConfusionGeneralConfusion Posts: 261Registered Users
    Kroxigors seem pretty useful against the High Elves; they can actually rip up Spearmen pretty effectively, because their animations cause a ton of knockback which limits the number of attacks infantry get and they have so much armor that Spearmen don't hurt them too much even with the AL bonus. Against Dark Elves they suffer worse because Darkshards kill them in a big hurry, but HE Archers and Lothern Sea Guard do damage only slowly and so can be run down and scattered pretty effectively by a couple of Kroxigor units; if you charge in some Skinks or Saurus first the Spearmen lose their bracing once they're engaged, and then the Kroxigors can crash right through the lines to go after the archers.

Kroxigors seem pretty useful against the High Elves; they can actually rip up Spearmen pretty effectively, because their animations cause a ton of knockback which limits the number of attacks infantry get and they have so much armor that Spearmen don't hurt them too much even with the AL bonus. Against Dark Elves they suffer worse because Darkshards kill them in a big hurry, but HE Archers and Lothern Sea Guard do damage only slowly and so can be run down and scattered pretty effectively by a couple of Kroxigor units; if you charge in some Skinks or Saurus first the Spearmen lose their bracing once they're engaged, and then the Kroxigors can crash right through the lines to go after the archers.

Agreed i use them a lot against elves. They also hard counter white lions and swordmasters, just watch out for phoenix guard. Theyre not bad against dark elves either if you bring a bunch of priority targets for their missiles to shoot theyll likely be too busy to focus fire the kroxigors before they get into melee.