Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

So sad

FranzSaxonFranzSaxon Posts: 67Registered Users
edited October 8 in General Discussion
So sad, all the warhammer junkies are getting their love while us historical lovers have to wait...don't get me wrong I've loved WH since 15 but im really a historian at heart and i appreciate the new fantasy thing but im really hurting for historical. nobody's even on these attila forums or threads anymore its so depressing.

Comments

• CaractacusMagnusCaractacusMagnus Senior Member Posts: 318Registered Users
    It can come across almost like the historical fans have been discarded to be honest, the lack of news, the conspicuous absence of any of the 30th anniversary love, it's easy to feel like the history games and their fans have become some sort of footnote...

...I don't think it's really the case at all, though. They've got a bunch of history projects on as they've told us. Probably just slight communication fail from CA.

CA, why don't you call home once in a while? We've been worried sick. :p
  • HrafnHrafn Posts: 105Registered Users
    I can't wait for them to move on from this Warhammer crap. Pretty disgusted to see people falling over themselves to buy Warhammer "2" also.

IMO looks like people paying to buy the same game twice.

Consider me a Total War bittervet. Started with original Shogun, and not a fan of their new marketing model.
  • WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Posts: 1,685Registered Users
    If releasing a new game with a new map and all new units on the same engine doesn't count as a real sequel then almost no Total War games do, either.
    I'm always this grumpy, so it is nothing personal.
  • AkrotiriAkrotiri Senior Member Hellenic RepublicPosts: 811Registered Users
    edited October 10
    Hrafn said:

I can't wait for them to move on from this Warhammer crap. Pretty disgusted to see people falling over themselves to buy Warhammer "2" also.

IMO looks like people paying to buy the same game twice.

Consider me a Total War bittervet. Started with original Shogun, and not a fan of their new marketing model.

I couldn't agree with you more. I have TW:Warhammer 1 but just couldn't get into it, so I passed on purchasing WH2.

The only thing I'm hoping for is that the next historical title isn't dumbed down and missing every feature that made TW:Attila the best game CA ever developed imho. If all or most of the campaign features are missing in the next historical title then I will stop buying their games and find another PC genre to get into. I'll be sad though since I have been a CA customer since Rome1 and have every historical title.

I hope CA has realizes that their real fans are the historical ones , the Warhammer fans are clearly not going to stick around and will abandon CA en masse once the fantasy title has run its course.
    "Hence we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks"
    -Winston Churchill , after the Greek victory against fascist Italy during WW2.
    explorechios.gr
  • HrafnHrafn Posts: 105Registered Users
    Warlocke said:

If releasing a new game with a new map and all new units on the same engine doesn't count as a real sequel then almost no Total War games do, either.

No, that you were never sold an entire game the first time is what it is.
    Hrafn said:

Warlocke said:

No, that you were never sold an entire game the first time is what it is.
    That is absurd. The amount of variation in models, skeletons and animations in the launch of the first TWW by far eclipsed anything in their previous games. To have expected all of that plus the additional content added in game 2 is unreasonable.
  • FranzSaxonFranzSaxon Posts: 67Registered Users
    Thanks for keeping the thread alive, I do hope also we get a work OFF ATTILA for our historical and not a work off this warhammer style. what im expecting and hoping is this is only a fantasy style sub design and works for WH but obv will not be ok with us via a next historical. All we want is some drop in news. The last news was 3 months ago. And it was zero detail
    The reduction of campaign features (politics, settlement infrastructure, etc...) is to match the Warhammer setting. I'm pretty confident that in those regards, the next historical title will more resemble Attila. Hopefully we will get information soon.
  • Sughdian WarriorSughdian Warrior Senior Member Posts: 140Registered Users
    Ah... and here I find my like-minded colleagues, lamenting the poor state of affairs, like I am.
  • nodulousnodulous Senior Member Posts: 805Registered Users
    Yep. I think I've worn a hole in AOC and been reduced to playing as the Sassanids for something different to do.

Ah... and here I find my like-minded colleagues, lamenting the poor state of affairs, like I am.

We are here my friend. Soon hopefully we will be happily surprised..
    nodulous said:

Yep. I think I've worn a hole in AOC and been reduced to playing as the Sassanids for something different to do.

Lmao so this. This.