Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Tomb Princess

uriakuriak Registered Users Posts: 3,421
After the Ironbreaker I decided to explore a yet not featured faction.

Hence my Tomb princess.

I knew there weren't princesses in the army list, but I was surprised to find no bow or ranged weapon available to the characters. Since the pharaohs were so often depicted as raining arrows from their chariot, I went for this.

I think I'l go with an arabian artwork next, but I'm still looking for an idea ^^

Comments

• ZilongZilong Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 501
    Hadn't considered it before, but seeing as how badass High Queen Khalida is, I could see the appeal and use for a generic version of what she does.
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,180
    edited October 2017
    I could see Tomb Queens being a ranged lord option. I dont think we will get tomb princes though. Too much overlap with Tomb Heralds. Arguably better but CA seems to only use hero versions of lords if there is no better option for a melee focussed hero available. No hero version of chieftans for Norsca, no chieftain for Skaven, no master for Delfs etc.

EDIT: Also Khalida is a melee duelist lord not a ranged lord, despite her association with Asp.
  • SecuterSecuter Senior Member Denmark, Aarhus.Registered Users Posts: 2,333
    edited October 2017
    Aren't the tomb kings much like the VC in regard of lacking ranged units? Because if that is the case, then I don't see the use of 1 ranged hero / lord while the rest of the army is in melee only.
  • IzzyStradlinIzzyStradlin Senior Member Karaz BrynRegistered Users Posts: 11,174
    Kill for a Tomb Queen with flail, though.
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"
    The Queen of Mysteries, on the Book of Grudges.

Her voice was as rustling silk. "In the darkness I dreamt of you, cousin."
    "Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein

Warhammer Lore, by Sotek!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH4nPsl2ctS365aEfFBwxbg

For ease of memory, if we're not talking about cavalry, everything the High Elves have is better than everything the Dark Elves have.

Izzy's More-Loreful Stats Mod

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1279441247&searchtext=
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 13,959
    Secuter said:

Aren't the tomb kings much like the VC in regard of lacking ranged units? Because if that is the case, then I don't see the use of 1 ranged hero / lord while the rest of the army is in melee only.

Nope, Tomb Kings have ranged units.

I understand they aren't good ranged units, for the most part, but they have them.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • Lord_NathanaelLord_Nathanael Registered Users Posts: 1,496
    Secuter said:

nope, infact thats one of the main differences, tomb kings are a fixed amount of "souls" that can "possess" the dead bodies of their realm, VC reanimate dead bodies and mind controll them , which is why they move like automatons, the skelletons atleast.
    tomb kings thus have archers and artillery and fight better, but have less numbers
    vampires have vast numbers of automatons, some wights, and lotsa monsters, but nothing intelligent enough to form regiments of archers

feel free to point out my errors, I'd like to improve my english
  • baronblackbaronblack Registered Users Posts: 3,218
    Also, Ushabti have a terrifying Bow Weapon Variant, that can blow anything with its arrows
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,055
    Well historical pharaohs didn't used magic as far as I know, and magic is also type of range skill.
  • Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Registered Users Posts: 4,105
    edited October 2017
    Krunch said:

I could see Tomb Queens being a ranged lord option. I dont think we will get tomb princes though. Too much overlap with Tomb Heralds. Arguably better but CA seems to only use hero versions of lords if there is no better option for a melee focussed hero available. No hero version of chieftans for Norsca, no chieftain for Skaven, no master for Delfs etc.

Well there is the High Elf noble, where they could have used a Lothern Seahealm, Handmaiden, or demoted the Anointed, but you're right, that seems to be the trend CA is going for. It'll probably be Tomb Heralds which is a bit of a shame because Tomb Princes were fairly powerful in the TT; they had a statline comparable to a cheap lord in other factions. I wish they would go back to doing 4 heroes per faction like they did for Empire and Vampires.

Also, I think the Male/Female Melee/Ranged thing is only applying to the Elven factions. At least that's what we've seen so far.
    Canuovea said:

Secuter said:

I understand they aren't good ranged units, for the most part, but they have them.
    Face value they weren't very good, but they had a special rule that ignored all penalties to shooting. So it didn't matter if the shots were at long range, stand and shoot, enemy in cover, or whatever all the shots hit on a 5+. With Khalida in the unit, that improved to 4+ and poisoned.
    Build a Slayer Hero and make Miners, Rangers, and Irondrakes great again! Thorek Ironbrow 2020

• uriakuriak Registered Users Posts: 3,421
    @Krunch : Yes when I looked for references the only onew where Khalida and Neferata, and Khalida is indeed a melee lord despite her special archer rule. I really wanted to depict an archer though, so I went for this design.

I hope you like it :)
    edited October 2017
    Lothern Sea Helms and Handmaidens are hybrid while Nobles are pure melee. They clearly only go for the hero version of lords character if there isnt a pure melee option like the Skaven Assassin, Skin Wolf Were kin, Death Hag etc.
  • Carl_BarCarl_Bar Registered Users Posts: 500
    ben8vtedu said:

Face value they weren't very good, but they had a special rule that ignored all penalties to shooting. So it didn't matter if the shots were at long range, stand and shoot, enemy in cover, or whatever all the shots hit on a 5+. With Khalida in the unit, that improved to 4+ and poisoned.

6th you could give every model with a bow in the army poison if you wanted.

I'm really hoping she's one of the LL's, allways been a character i liked. Although in 6th she was a poor Character killer. Now monsters. They doubtless hated her, (i was never lucky enough to get to play with/against her alas, i started to drop out around that point).

• MortatoMortato Registered Users Posts: 158
    they could have an elf like mechanic, with different gendered lords have either a melee or ranged speciality
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 7,989

Secuter said:

nope, infact thats one of the main differences, tomb kings are a fixed amount of "souls" that can "possess" the dead bodies of their realm, VC reanimate dead bodies and mind controll them , which is why they move like automatons, the skelletons atleast.
    tomb kings thus have archers and artillery and fight better, but have less numbers
    vampires have vast numbers of automatons, some wights, and lotsa monsters, but nothing intelligent enough to form regiments of archers
    Wights probably could - they seem to retain more of their personality and skills than Nehekharan skeletons do. However, wights tend to be formed from the bodies and souls of elite warriors who believed that using ranged weapons was for commoners and cowards.
  • NazjaxNazjax Registered Users Posts: 796
    Canuovea said:

Secuter said:

Egyptian have insanes archers who die for the pharaon Glory ! And Nehakara should have archers options, because they are olds humans ressurected as undead, not only dead with Nothing in mind. They didnt losted their knowedge with the undeath.

Also the difference beetwin Vampires and Tombs Kings is, priest-lich of the TK are going to ressurect their own units, not others who die in battles. Tombs Kings are not a mass of stupid undead, they are disciplined and undying armies. If you want to compare, Tombs kings are a bit like necrons of 40k.
  • wingren013wingren013 Registered Users Posts: 1,003
    Canuovea said:

Secuter said:

They are actually supposed to be pretty good, uts just that the realitys of 8th made them suck.

Anyways I would have no issues with seeing female Tomb Kings. Neither Neferata nor Khalida were portrayed as anomalies in Khemrian society.

Also I'd rather see Tomb Princes over Tomb Heralds. Princes have actual mount options and Heralds are sort of designed around being battle standard bearers.
  • FifthOfSpaghettiFifthOfSpaghetti Registered Users Posts: 1,630
    But aren’t they skelly tons...? the one imaged is a mummy ya, but aren’t they all supposed to be skeletons? How are you gonna know the difference anyways? I suppose voice lines but, yknow... wouldn’t they all be incredibly raspy and dusty sounding too...
  • BrakierBrakier Registered Users Posts: 1,528
    awesome art.

Nazjax said:

Canuovea said:

Secuter said:

Egyptian have insanes archers who die for the pharaon Glory ! And Nehakara should have archers options, because they are olds humans ressurected as undead, not only dead with Nothing in mind. They didnt losted their knowedge with the undeath.
    Actually, the Nehekharan undead mostly did. It's specified that the skeletal Nehekharan undead basically only retain their battle training and their loyalty - the rest of their personality and memories are forgotten. Better preserved Nehekharan undead such as the partially mummified Tomb Guard and the fully mummified Tomb Princes and Kings retain more of their personality, but even the Tomb Kings often suffer problems with amnesia.

There's a sliding scale in how much undead troops remember, with zombies being on the bottom, and characters that went straight from being living to being undead such as vampires and liche priests retained the most.
    p.s in my hurry to reply earlier, i forgot. Awesome image OP :).
  • Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,459
    Considering the fact CA is not adding Mage Lords, i wouldn't be surprised if they do this.

Still, i really want the Liche High Priests lords. Not only they are needed in table top to keep the army going, if we want to get Nagash in the future we need Lord Liche Priests, since Nagash uses Liche Priests to lead his Undead Legions.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,888
    Somehow I don't suspect a mummy would have a smooth face or plump breasts...
    Itharus said:

They can if they're made of metal...
    Itharus said:

It's a Death Mask.
    edited October 2017
    For that Matter when Khalida goes to war she's restored more or less to the same physical condition as when she's alive.

Considering the fact CA is not adding Mage Lords, i wouldn't be surprised if they do this.

Still, i really want the Liche High Priests lords. Not only they are needed in table top to keep the army going, if we want to get Nagash in the future we need Lord Liche Priests, since Nagash uses Liche Priests to lead his Undead Legions.

Wait Mage Lords are confirmed no more? :(.
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,055

Canuovea said:

Secuter said:

They are actually supposed to be pretty good, uts just that the realitys of 8th made them suck.

Anyways I would have no issues with seeing female Tomb Kings. Neither Neferata nor Khalida were portrayed as anomalies in Khemrian society.

Also I'd rather see Tomb Princes over Tomb Heralds. Princes have actual mount options and Heralds are sort of designed around being battle standard bearers.
    Even if Khemrian society not out right forbid military roles for women like the Empire and Bretonnia, it still don't means that it was common, just like modern societies it's not common. In Norsca it's technically possible as well, and there is Valkia, but it's not common enough to to justify generic female lords for Norsca. Because of natural reasons there are much more men who take part in those things then women. Generic female lords make more sense for elves then humans. Also Historical Ancient Egypt had female Pharaohs like Hatshepsut, but it was not that common. Also Hatshepsut needed to use a fake beard to strengthen her image in the egyptian society, and Neferata get an similar look in the End Times.
  • ZwirbaumZwirbaum Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 383
    Carl_Bar said:

Wait Mage Lords are confirmed no more? :(.
    Of course - Grey Seers and Slann Mage Priests are melee lords after all.
  • SaurianDruidSaurianDruid Registered Users Posts: 1,083
    Tayvar said:

Even if Khemrian society not out right forbid military roles for women like the Empire and Bretonnia, it still don't means that it was common, just like modern societies it's not common. In Norsca it's technically possible as well, and there is Valkia, but it's not common enough to to justify generic female lords for Norsca. Because of natural reasons there are much more men who take part in those things then women. Generic female lords make more sense for elves then humans. Also Historical Ancient Egypt had female Pharaohs like Hatshepsut, but it was not that common. Also Hatshepsut needed to use a fake beard to strengthen her image in the egyptian society, and Neferata get an similar look in the End Times.

Bare in mind that Nehekhara is a land of undead. Even if female warriors were rare when they were alive, and we don't really have lore that states they were as far as I can tell, the women who have since been raised as undead royalty and nobles no longer have any reason not to take up arms. They can't bare children, after all. Marriage is kind of pointless.

Thus female skeletons taking up a warrior vocation makes perfect sense. Being skilled in the art of war is the only way to really take and hold power in a society where everyone is immortal and don't experience the needs of the living.
  • Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Registered Users Posts: 4,105
    Krunch said:

Lothern Sea Helms and Handmaidens are hybrid while Nobles are pure melee. They clearly only go for the hero version of lords character if there isnt a pure melee option like the Skaven Assassin, Skin Wolf Were kin, Death Hag etc.

Just to play Devil's advocate, I'll point out the Waywatcher instead of the Glade Captain for Wood Elves. Their other two heroes are both casters. But otherwise, I do agree we'll probably get Tomb Heralds instead of Princes. It's interesting that this trend didn't start until after launch of the first game, otherwise we might have gotten Slayer Heroes for the Dwarfs instead of Thanes.
    Build a Slayer Hero and make Miners, Rangers, and Irondrakes great again! Thorek Ironbrow 2020

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file