Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Playing all races

Zaknafein8Zaknafein8 Registered Users Posts: 2
Hello everyone,
i bought warhammer total war 2 and i red that in order to play with all races at once i need to have warhammer 1. So what's with the first dlc that is coming out? Should i buy total warhammer 1 and ALSO the dlc ( when it will be available)?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• bli-nk#6314bli-nk#6314 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,957
    You can play four races with 7 different starting locations just from Warhammer 2. The first major content release is free to owners of both Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2 which is the combined map Mortal Empires campaign where the Warhammer 1 races- five included with base game and 4 as DLC are available to play in multi and single player.

If you don't want to buy Warhammer 1 then the next DLC for Warhammer 2 is more likely Tomb Kings though as yet not officially confirmed by CA and there will not be a larger combined map for you to play on unless you buy the first game.
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society.” Mark Twain
  • RenegadeKnightRenegadeKnight Registered Users Posts: 161
    When mortal empires is released it will have a combined campaign with the game 1 and game 2 factions, as well as allow online play between the 2. You need both games to play mortal empires. Mortal empires should be out in a month or so.

game one factions
    -empire
    -dwarfs
    -vampire counts
    -greenskins
    -brettonia

game one dlc factions( you purchase them separately)
    -chaos
    -wood elves
    -beastmen
    -norsca

game one also has unit packs
    -grim and the grave for empire and vampire count units
    -king and the warlord for dwarf and greenskin units.

last off for game one there is a blood and gore pack. The blood and gore pack will also cover game 2.

game 2 factions are
    -high elves
    -dark elves
    -skaven
    -lizardmen

to get everything for mortal empires will cost 195 usd on steam. If you do plan on getting everything you might want to try to find a deal.

As for game 2 dlc, tomb kings is all but confirmed since there starting region is on the map. Any other faction is just speculation right now.
  • Zaknafein8Zaknafein8 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Thanks for the replying, I wa interested in playing with all faction both multiplayer and single player. So I'll have to but the first one and the first dlc.