Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Mortal Empires interview w/ Ian Roxburgh

Comments

• TheHolyPilgrimTheHolyPilgrim Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 453
    Grace_CA said:

As Eurogamer have stated, 26th October is one of the dates that we're looking at for release, but so far nothing is definite and we will let you know when it is.

If it was definite, I'd just tell you at this point, but honestly we're still not 100% sure and it may be that but it also may not.

No worries on my end! I'd rather wait another week for an optimum game experience than get a broken mess two weeks early.
  • TotalBorehammerTotalBorehammer Registered Users Posts: 941
    Mattzo said:

Norsca will be in eventually.

lol @ eventually, how comforting.

Why would they not be in at the start of ME? It was sold as a pre-order bonus for WTW2!
    CA have a Facebook page... use the comments section of their posts and express your thoughts on ME poor quality/delays etc https://www.facebook.com/CreativeAssembly/ :)
    Richdog said:

Interesting call on using that kind of language in a document that was released through an official channel.

So Norsca just straight up wont be in ME? I wish you would address that.

Eh? How could a faction released as paid DLC only a mere couple of months ago not be in ME? That makes no logical sense.
    They said that Norsca wouldn't be ready (balanced) by the time of the ME release. Which is fine, given the amount of other races that they have to balance and playtest. They will definitely be arriving soon afterwards, though (I guess about two-three weeks)
  • BrunelliImperoBrunelliImpero Registered Users Posts: 134
    Return of the Dawitide.
    Now stronger than ever.
  • MattzoMattzo Member United KingdomRegistered Users Posts: 1,433
    Richdog said:

Mattzo said:

Norsca will be in eventually.

lol @ eventually, how comforting.

Why would they not be in at the start of ME? It was sold as a pre-order bonus for WTW2!
    Different development cycles. Vortex + ME were started before Norsca was developed, so they'll be patched in at a later date. CA already confirmed this in an earlier blog.
    "Everything in war is simple. But the simplest thing is difficult."
  • OrontesOrontes Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 464
    So, the Russian Data Mined Map is basically the Mortal Empires map. This is pretty underwhelming when comparing the scope to the Vortex Map.

No Legendary Lord moves for the Old World factions: also disappointing (even with verbiage about this being on a wish list of theirs).

• SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Registered Users Posts: 1,217
    edited October 2017
    Okay, I know I am being salty here but this interview didn't provide anything really new with the exception that the old LL won't get new starting positions.

I can't stand this "soon" "very soon" statements any more, at least give us a vague release date or tell us when we get finally the blood dlc...

Warhammer 2 with only the 4 factions and no blood patch is somewhat watered down for me. I know this is mostly my own fault since I don't play elves but I still can't find myself to play WH2 any more.

You are doing a great job CA but the waiting with no real Infos is a bit annoying.
    I don't want to offend you, this is just how I feel. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Edit:
    Nevermind. I just read the Info from Grace, at least now we have a date to look at. Still no Infos reagrding DLC...
  • StephinceStephince Registered Users Posts: 2,722
    Seems slightly odd that to win ME as Empire an invasion of Ulthuan is necessary. I'm sure they have more important things to bash.

The map news is sad but no great surprise.

As with everything, let's see what what it is before rushing to judgment.

Speaking of rushing, Oct 26th confirmed then ;)

Okay, I know I am being salty here but this interview didn't provide anything really new with the exception that the old LL won't get new starting positions.

I can't stand this "soon" "very soon" statements any more, at least give us a vague release date or tell us when we get finally the blood dlc...

Warhammer 2 with only the 4 factions and no blood patch is somewhat watered down for me. I know this is mostly my own fault since I don't play elves but I still can't find myself to play WH2 any more.

You are doing a great job CA but the waiting with no real Infos is a bit annoying.

They're just waiting until they have their dates set in stone.

Kind of a damned if they do, damned if they don't situation here.

On one hand, they could just stay quiet, but people will start getting rowdy and annoyed, demanding information on the release date of the ME campaign, what the map will look like, if LL's will be moved around, etc. Doing that will get us another "An Old Friend" thread in a hurry, and nobody here wants that.

On the other hand, if they did tell us a date and they were wrong, people would be up in arms, calling CA a bunch of liars, cheats, and other not-so-pretty words. This forum, and more importantly CA's employees, would be better off without that mess.

So they're in the middle of the road here. They're trying to give us any info they can without getting details wrong. That way, we get the best of both words. We get new info and they get a happier forum. Win-win.
  • crazycrixcrazycrix Registered Users Posts: 706
    So datamined was accurate after all :neutral: I think my heart stopped for a moment :'( Farewell to Oreon and his bowmen, Zlatlan and its Lizies, Albion and its Druids, Sartosa and its pirates and elven colonies and its elves :smiley: At least Knight of Origo survived this massacre :smiley: (their city Firus was found in the datamined)

We Do Not Serve, We Rule!
    crazycrix said:

So datamined was accurate after all :neutral: I think my heart stopped for a moment :'( Farewell to Oreon and his bowmen, Zlatlan and its Lizies, Albion and its Druids, Sartosa and its pirates and elven colonies and its elves :smiley:At least Knight of Origo survived this massacre :smiley: (their city Firus was found in the datamined)

At least until the Great Caliphate of Araby blows in with a storm of sand, genies, and elephants!
  • LestaTLestaT Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,299
    Will there be blood by the time ME released?
  • crazycrixcrazycrix Registered Users Posts: 706

crazycrix said:

So datamined was accurate after all :neutral: I think my heart stopped for a moment :'( Farewell to Oreon and his bowmen, Zlatlan and its Lizies, Albion and its Druids, Sartosa and its pirates and elven colonies and its elves :smiley:At least Knight of Origo survived this massacre :smiley: (their city Firus was found in the datamined)

At least until the Great Caliphate of Araby blows in with a storm of sand, genies, and elephants!
    In Araby I hope :smiley: If Araby is added it's going to be fun to kick Crusaders asses out of Araby :smiley: I also must say that I really like Origo's color theme for their faction. Those red and white crusaders look awesome. Also bowmen were great, I hoped that Wood elves will keep their little presence outside of Oldworld

We Do Not Serve, We Rule!
  • SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Registered Users Posts: 1,217

They're just waiting until they have their dates set in stone.

Kind of a damned if they do, damned if they don't situation here.

On one hand, they could just stay quiet, but people will start getting rowdy and annoyed, demanding information on the release date of the ME campaign, what the map will look like, if LL's will be moved around, etc. Doing that will get us another "An Old Friend" thread in a hurry, and nobody here wants that.

On the other hand, if they did tell us a date and they were wrong, people would be up in arms, calling CA a bunch of liars, cheats, and other not-so-pretty words. This forum, and more importantly CA's employees, would be better off without that mess.

So they're in the middle of the road here. They're trying to give us any info they can without getting details wrong. That way, we get the best of both words. We get new info and they get a happier forum. Win-win.
    Yeah, you're right.
    It is just a bit disappointing at the moment since you are waiting, checking daily the news and then see that it will take at least 2 more weeks. Grace said it was not the final date but I don't believe they are releasing it earlier (more likely later...).
    Well, I will get over it in time.
    Now I will need to find a different entertainment until Mortal Empires is available.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 8,641
    I can sort of understand the map even though it lessens the overall feel off the world shutting down the openess of it and boxing it in again.

But no rites for Old World races? That's a mistake in my book. Why wouldn't you add something new to the races we've already played for hundreds and hundreds of hours? If Old World races don't get rites what exactly changes for them come Mortal Empires? Just play them again with a larger map? Feels like a missed opportunity. This was a perfect opportunity to add to the Old World races without creating something wholly unique to each and every one.

I think a lot of us just sort of assumed that you'd touch up the Old World races as well because 'why not?'.

Apart from that I am still looking forward to playing again on the new map with interaction between Old World and New World alike.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • LestaTLestaT Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,299
    HoneyBun said:

@CA_Whelan

I am sorry to be 'that guy' but the blog post is littered with expletives. It breaches your own forum rules, it's not big, it's not cool, it's not professional and as a parent it just makes me think less of you as a company.

Please just have an editor go through it.

Otherwise I think WH2 is an amazing game and look forward to ME.

Make sure your kids dont read the blog. As a parent, that's your task.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 5,640
    I don't want to seem like a modern Mary Whitehouse, but did someone forget to go through that interview and adjust a bit of the language?
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • HarconnHarconn Registered Users Posts: 937
    Just take your time, CA. I will wait until end of November if ME needs that long to polish. Just don't rush or screw things, it's the main thing for me and I like quality.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________

My German Youtube-Channel - Let's Plays (Strategy, RPG, Indie,...): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChwblqvwr8XxKP0GzCcUb8Q
  • BrakierBrakier Registered Users Posts: 1,528
    Harconn said:

Just take your time, CA. I will wait until end of November if ME needs that long to polish. Just don't rush or screw things, it's the main thing for me and I like quality.

if it goes over end of novemeber you gonna go crazy? :P

• TotalBorehammerTotalBorehammer Registered Users Posts: 941
    HoneyBun said:

@CA_Whelan

I am sorry to be 'that guy' but the blog post is littered with expletives. It breaches your own forum rules, it's not big, it's not cool, it's not professional and as a parent it just makes me think less of you as a company.

Please just have an editor go through it.

Otherwise I think WH2 is an amazing game and look forward to ME.

"As a parent"... yeah, like parents or their kids don't swear. Gotta love the Outrage Brigade. :D
    CA have a Facebook page... use the comments section of their posts and express your thoughts on ME poor quality/delays etc https://www.facebook.com/CreativeAssembly/ :)
  • IcysmoothIcysmooth Registered Users Posts: 100
    So the definitely fake datamine cause were only cutting some edges and islands off WH2 map is actually just a OLD reveal severely clipped map :'(

Sooooooo disappointing. And to add insult to injury there was next to nothing revealed about it prior to purchase.

I just knew that they were shortchanging us on the information precisely because ppl would be dissapointed.

Pretty Manipulative CA. Like **** on the level of Chaos DLC personally.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,748
    Richdog said:

"As a parent"... yeah, like parents or their kids don't swear. Gotta love the Outrage Brigade. :D

It's funny how your very first not bashing CA post was defending them putting swearing in an official statement.

Says it all really.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • AnedonAnedon Registered Users Posts: 148
    Honestly I´m pretty disapointed by the "no new starting positions for Old World LL" because this has literly been one of the main wishes of the community from the beginning.
    And I don´t really buy the promise that this will happen eventually, maybe one or two but not many.
    Not to mention that should Araby come as dlc any hopes for a playable Empire/Bretonnia Subfaction outside of the old world would be destroyed (with the exeoption of the new world colonizes but they seem to be more Tilean/Estalian anyway.)
  • DEM0N_LLAMADEM0N_LLAMA Registered Users Posts: 570
    I can understand no rites for the old world races at launch just like no new start positions. However no rites for old races at all is just stupid. Pretty disappointed in this news.
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 9,077
    Grace_CA said:

Want to know More...tal Empires?

No, we don't have a release date to share yet - but we do have answers to some of your hard-hitting questions, so click here to read:
    https://www.totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires-with-ian-roxburgh

As Eurogamer have stated, 26th October is one of the dates that we're looking at for release, but so far nothing is definite and we will let you know when it is.

If it was definite, I'd just tell you at this point, but honestly we're still not 100% sure and it may be that but it also may not.

Great answers in the interview!

I agree with all of his answers and visions to make the game the best possible entertainment!!
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • drewwestdrewwest Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 49
    edited October 2017
    Rites are such a decent addition. It just seems lazy to not give them to old world factions. The problem with the old world factions is they are less unique than their new world counterparts. Giving this feature to just the factions added in game two, is doing a huge disservice to the old world factions.

Furthermore, what the hell is gonna go in its place? Are the old world factions just having one less button to press in the bottom right of the screen -_-
  • Dpx79Dpx79 Registered Users Posts: 41
    Shame the old world factions aren't getting something like rites and upgraded mechanics. Also worried about the map size as it might feel too clustered with all the factions and to be added ll and factions but I'm not worried too much as they can still add larger maps etc as dlc later.
  • JavorJavor Registered Users Posts: 910
    edited October 2017
    Oh boy, I can't wait for the forum to be littered with people crying their outrage about no new rituals for the old world races.
  • WileycoyoteWileycoyote Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 185
    The rites to me make those races viable on the campaign map. Many of the old world races have certain advantages with clear disadvantages, I suppose they feel rites are a temporary advantage to offset disadvantages new races experience.

Im talking in circles now.
  • MrMecHMrMecH Registered Users Posts: 2,289
    edited October 2017
    Rites aren’t something Old World factions will be getting, they’re unique to the New World races and part of what makes them special and different to play.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!! :'(

Rites are the most interesting change in game2. Old races dont have its is the saddest thing.
    SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!