Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Mortal Empires interview w/ Ian Roxburgh

Comments

• VonhellstingVonhellsting Registered Users Posts: 645
    edited October 2017
    I hope the new TWW2 dlc races get to play the vortex and aren't locked into the Mortal empires part only , like the TWW1 races are.

Also please please increase movement range for Mortal Empires....
    Post edited by Vonhellsting on
  • Mohawk_RoshiMohawk_Roshi Registered Users Posts: 1,763

"( Crynsos fixed this a while ago anyway)"

"Fixed"... Gelt and Volkmar and Ghorst should not lead their own factions (you could argue the same about Grombrindal... he helps dawi and doesn't take over ruling holds)

You clearly don't play Crynsos Yes Gelt can lead Nuln alongside Elspeth von Draken but Volkmar doesn't lead a faction he is still in Altdorf Ghorst still serves Mannfred in Sylvania and Grombindal while being moved to Kraka Drak is not the leader of that faction sooooo come informed next time. If you combine Crynsos with Cataph and MixXxu you end up with a fully functioning Empire where each Count is unique Kraka Drak is a completely individual faction and TEB are actually fully formed into what they should have been a while ago.
    A WIZARD SHOULD KNOW BETTER!
  • FrontlinerDeltaFrontlinerDelta Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,549
    Little disappointed we'll be missing the southern half of the Southlands, mostly because it's absolutely gorgeous, but I think I agree with CA in that I want a big campaign map but I also want it to be fun, not a complete slog. So I'm fine with the focus being on the Old World with parts of the New World.

I hope they do think about putting Pastures near Queek's new starting position or it's going to be hell...
  • rad13rad13 Member Registered Users Posts: 630
    edited October 2017
    Having finished a campaign as Tyrion, where the only other continent I even set foot onto was nagaroth and even then that was to just take a couple of provinces...

And being 160 turns into a Kroq campaign where I haven't even gotten off the southlands...

The game 2 map as-is is insanely large. Like, crazy stupidly large. It makes sense for game 2; as the 8 factions and start-pos spread across 4 races and 4 continents will all play very differently with variation in terrain and the AI races encountered

But man I am so glad that they have cut the space down to make ME playable.

Now being a dark elf raider in a black ark is going to be possible to raid the dwarves and Kislev (if they survive); or as Norsca I can get to those fabled rich lands of lustria

If it was actually map 1 + map 2 as they are (pretending they are on the same scale), I don't think I'd bother with those ideas and campaigns.
  • LordCommanderLordCommander Registered Users Posts: 1,319

Still amused by the fact that certain people complain about swearwords but not about the game being about massacring people, raiding, stealing, rape, warmongering, political assassinations, mass-poisoning, genocide and worshiping occult deities. I guess all of that is OK as long as you don't use four-letter words while doing it.

Post#3847:

'God CA can't you keep your language in check!? There's no need for curse words'

Post#3848:

'CA WHERE'S MY BLOOD PACK I NEED DECAPITATIONS!!'
  • GeldorGeldor Registered Users Posts: 1,115
    Jeckl said:

Snappera said:

Jeckl said:

No one is asking (as far as I could see) for the rites to be added to game 1. We just want them in THIS game, the one they are making right now.

Rites (and secondary resource) are great parts of game 2. I (and I assume others) would like this to be added to the races of game 1.

To clarify, I was referring to the Mortal Empires campaign. The reasoning is the same. Remember, Mortal Empires is Free-LC, not a paid for expansion.

When I said 'old world campaign' I meant the old world part of the ME campaign. That will effectively play the same as in game 1 with the new factions providing the difference.
    Then your statement makes no sense. ME has some factions with the rites (which are a big boon) and some with out. That is not balance.

Well they had to make a new map for it, so I don't see they they AREN'T working on adding rites and secondary currencies to the old world, yes it's more work, but it would increase sales, however they did not say 'it will come in time' they basically said that won't happen at all. Why aren't the Empire, Vampires, Dwarfs and Orcs getting Rites? (the beastmen have a rite-lite thing with their moon phases)

So again, what do I gain by playing it? Why not play the two seperate games where things are balanced?
    How do you know it's not going to be balanced because of rites? You can do the same thing via building traits, lord and hero traits etc. I think rites are interesting and would provide something new for the old factions, so it would have been good if they could have implemented them, but I can't see why rites make WH2 factions inherently OP.

And balanced in what respect? You think you have no chance against the AI because of rites playing a WH1 faction? Or in a head-on campaign? Both seems kind of unlikely.
  • bennymclbennymcl Senior Member Montreal, CanadaRegistered Users Posts: 2,797
    No Rites
    No improvement of old race specific mechanics like boring Book of Grudges and Empire Offices

Disappoint. CA, you can do better.
  • JecklJeckl Registered Users Posts: 376
    Geldor said:

Jeckl said:

Snappera said:

Jeckl said:

No one is asking (as far as I could see) for the rites to be added to game 1. We just want them in THIS game, the one they are making right now.

Rites (and secondary resource) are great parts of game 2. I (and I assume others) would like this to be added to the races of game 1.

To clarify, I was referring to the Mortal Empires campaign. The reasoning is the same. Remember, Mortal Empires is Free-LC, not a paid for expansion.

When I said 'old world campaign' I meant the old world part of the ME campaign. That will effectively play the same as in game 1 with the new factions providing the difference.
    Then your statement makes no sense. ME has some factions with the rites (which are a big boon) and some with out. That is not balance.

Well they had to make a new map for it, so I don't see they they AREN'T working on adding rites and secondary currencies to the old world, yes it's more work, but it would increase sales, however they did not say 'it will come in time' they basically said that won't happen at all. Why aren't the Empire, Vampires, Dwarfs and Orcs getting Rites? (the beastmen have a rite-lite thing with their moon phases)

So again, what do I gain by playing it? Why not play the two seperate games where things are balanced?
    How do you know it's not going to be balanced because of rites? You can do the same thing via building traits, lord and hero traits etc. I think rites are interesting and would provide something new for the old factions, so it would have been good if they could have implemented them, but I can't see why rites make WH2 factions inherently OP.

And balanced in what respect? You think you have no chance against the AI because of rites playing a WH1 faction? Or in a head-on campaign? Both seems kind of unlikely.
    I think it's unbalanced because the rites are very powerful.

This is an advantage that the old races don't have.

This isn't something you build up though, you do the thing they need to unlock them, then you have them.

I don't think they are totally OP, but it does provide a significant advantage for the new races.

Also they provide a nice addition an flavour for the races.

Further more I consider that Morathi's Chaos Corruption must be changed.
  • bennymclbennymcl Senior Member Montreal, CanadaRegistered Users Posts: 2,797
    Jeckl said:

Geldor said:

Jeckl said:

Snappera said:

Jeckl said:

I think it's unbalanced because the rites are very powerful.

This is an advantage that the old races don't have.

This isn't something you build up though, you do the thing they need to unlock them, then you have them.

I don't think they are totally OP, but it does provide a significant advantage for the new races.

Also they provide a nice addition an flavour for the races.

yep

Each race has at least 2 that can be used on a semi regular USEFUL basis... The Lizardmen for example gets the beast army and the recruitment overcharge adding chevs to the new units, etc.

Every race should have these semi frequent buffs ... it's definitely going to be unbalanced haha
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,190
    rad13 said:

Having finished a campaign as Tyrion, where the only other continent I even set foot onto was nagaroth and even then that was to just take a couple of provinces...

And being 160 turns into a Kroq campaign where I haven't even gotten off the southlands...

The game 2 map as-is is insanely large. Like, crazy stupidly large. It makes sense for game 2; as the 8 factions and start-pos spread across 4 races and 4 continents will all play very differently with variation in terrain and the AI races encountered

But man I am so glad that they have cut the space down to make ME playable.

Now being a dark elf raider in a black ark is going to be possible to raid the dwarves and Kislev (if they survive); or as Norsca I can get to those fabled rich lands of lustria

If it was actually map 1 + map 2 as they are (pretending they are on the same scale), I don't think I'd bother with those ideas and campaigns.

I feel like that's your own fault though. Currently as Lothern on turn 120 I have territory in Ulthuan from the Straits of Lothern counter-clockwise to Naggarythe and Saphery and Avelorn too, and soon once I confed with Ellyrion who control the rest I will have all of Ulthuan under my control. At the same time I currently have 2 armies in Lustria fighting against Clan Pestillens and taking the resources there and another 2 armies in Naggaroth(Tyrion in The Black Coast and Alastar in the Grey Guardians) challenging Malekith. It is very much in the hands of the player whether and when you go to other continents or not.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,335
    Jeckl said:

Jeckl said:

In short I like the OWR, why should I play Mortal Empires if they are going to not get anything new and by much weaker compared to the new races?

Not get anything new? Aside from rites and the 2nd currency which only serves a purpose for those rites and rituals. They are getting dragon breath attacks, new buildings, increased settlement sizes for capitals, rogue armies, treasure hunts, switched to the new RO system, chokepoint battles. Seriously, they are getting several updates, but no of course they are not getting rites so they are not getting “any” updates.
    No, that's the ritual currency. I am talking about influence, Slaves, food, etc.

Rouge armies are not something new for the OW, we already had beastmen and savage orcs

Only one faction has Dragons.

Who is getting new buildings?

Yeah the new RO system, which means the dwarfs and Norcsa will rule the world and if I (say as the Empire) want my empire back I have to attack the Dwarfs, meaning no way to ally with them, oh yeah soooo much fun.

They are getting updates, but those updates are crap and make the game worse, with no expansion of the factions from where they were a year ago.

First off, Lizardmen don’t have a 2nd currency either and wood elves have Amber already.
    Second, rogue armies of mixed units is new for the old world.
    Third, Wood Elves, Greenskins, VC, Norsca, and Chaos all have units getting the new dragon breath ability though I’m sure not all are called dragon breath like for the terrorgheist.
    Fourth, all races are getting increased building slots in their capitals (though probably not hordes) and multiple settlements are getting new unique buildings. You can find a number of these in the data mine, but I wouldn’t guarantee those. They have said though there would be a number of unique buildings for factions and settlements, the data mine might hold them all.

Finally, the old world is also getting several new settlements like Skavenblight and hellpit though that just updates the old world not specifically the old world races. I myself preferred the old RO system, but the new version is an okay compromise for those who wanted complete sandbox.

As for rites, I’d prefer them in the old world races too, but not having them doesn’t bug me as I haven’t found the, too useful so far, but I haven’t played as each race yet.
    Later
  • TRexTRex Registered Users Posts: 358
    Talmorean said:

95% of the Youtubers that REVIEW Total War Games and give CA/Sega tons of publicity use the F-Bomb and beyond on a regular basis. It's not a big deal.

If the word **** offends you, you don't get out much.

lets focus on the game, not the 2 four letter words.

Hmmm, yeah, but perhaps if one has young and impressionable children who they are trying hard to educate to speak nicely, it's possible to pass off a youtube cuss as an individual person swearing. In an official capacity, should they really be using phrases like that? It appears to endorse fairly unpleasant language. I didn't like any of those phrases personally. Even if i do enjoy the occasional expletive myself.

• gholingholin Member Registered Users Posts: 1,144

Still amused by the fact that certain people complain about swearwords but not about the game being about massacring people, raiding, stealing, rape, warmongering, political assassinations, mass-poisoning, genocide and worshiping occult deities. I guess all of that is OK as long as you don't use four-letter words while doing it.

Post#3847:

'God CA can't you keep your language in check!? There's no need for curse words'

Post#3848:

You know, we all have tolerance thresholds. Some people can handle nudity, other people can't. Same with swearing and violence And some of our tolerances don't make as much sense. For instance, I can tolerate war gore, but not horror gore. I can also handle gore from the hospital since my mom worked there and I got desensitized. Should all be the same right? Wrong! Horror gore disturbs me to no end. I can watch a dude's guts spill out in Saving Private Ryan, but I can't handle Saw. This is why some people are against swearing, and are fine with violence. And also, who said they bought the blood pack? maybe they didn't do that either.

Anyway, my point is, it's not really good of anyone here to make fun of others for not having tolerance for one thing or another, because something bothers each of us more than it bothers another. Also, some people may not like their children hearing things here even if kids are exposed elsewhere. The forum supports these people in its rules, but this interview did not.

I will say it again. The interview itself was against forum rules and was shared on review sites. My only beef with it is it used swearing in environments that are typically clean, and the interview lacks some professionalism and intelligence as a result.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 25,209
    @gholin

So you're OK with massacring innocent civilians and sacrificing them to evil gods, but not with swearing? Y'know, people make fun of that "threshold" because it's completely off.

• BrakierBrakier Registered Users Posts: 1,528
    gholin said:

Post#3847:

Post#3848:

You know, we all have tolerance thresholds. Some people can handle nudity, other people can't. Same with swearing and violence And some of our tolerances don't make as much sense. For instance, I can tolerate war gore, but not horror gore. I can also handle gore from the hospital since my mom worked there and I got desensitized. Should all be the same right? Wrong! Horror gore disturbs me to no end. I can watch a dude's guts spill out in Saving Private Ryan, but I can't handle Saw. This is why some people are against swearing, and are fine with violence. And also, who said they bought the blood pack? maybe they didn't do that either.

Anyway, my point is, it's not really good of anyone here to make fun of others for not having tolerance for one thing or another, because something bothers each of us more than it bothers another. Also, some people may not like their children hearing things here even if kids are exposed elsewhere. The forum supports these people in its rules, but this interview did not.

I will say it again. The interview itself was against forum rules and was shared on review sites. My only beef with it is it used swearing in environments that are typically clean, and the interview lacks some professionalism and intelligence as a result.
    this is a very good post. well worth the time to read.

• TempestWolfTempestWolf Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 931
    One thing regarding the rites CA... what you have to understand is we do not care that the new factions have their own unique thing... we care that all factions are as complex and interesting as possible...
    We kill-slay all surface-things yes yes? Wait... no no... beard-things are not not surface-things... kill beard-things too... and surface things... yes yes.

I add this image of Ikit Claw to beak up the monotony that threads can fall into (except the screenshot one). I take no credit for it and the author seems to be watermarked on it.
  • MorkMork Registered Users Posts: 251

Mstewa30 said:

Is it the same number of factions or are they being merged?

FYI the game is rated Pegi 16:
    This rating is applied once the depiction of violence (or sexual activity) reaches a stage that looks the same as would be expected in real life. More extreme bad language, the concept of the use of tobacco and drugs and the depiction of criminal activities can be content of games that are rated 16.

Seriously, how can you moan about the bad language!? Get a **** grip

Just to clarify. The game may be rated PEGI 16 but the forum has a much lower age limit. Even under-13s can join the forum if they have parental consent.
    That explains a lot around here...
  • BrakierBrakier Registered Users Posts: 1,528
    edited October 2017
    @HoneyBun aa okey i didnt know it was like that in england, i think ive even heard our top politcal candiates swear in the open in sweden : d

there is even a video where the king of sweden swears : P its very much in our culture i guess.

i never ment for you to take it personal. it was not ment to be offensive in any way. im sorry if you felt attackt.

• thorlllthorlll Registered Users Posts: 27
    Good news only that the old world factions do not get Rites makes me sad, so many cool new things could have been done with them.

Jeckl said:

Jeckl said:

In short I like the OWR, why should I play Mortal Empires if they are going to not get anything new and by much weaker compared to the new races?

Not get anything new? Aside from rites and the 2nd currency which only serves a purpose for those rites and rituals. They are getting dragon breath attacks, new buildings, increased settlement sizes for capitals, rogue armies, treasure hunts, switched to the new RO system, chokepoint battles. Seriously, they are getting several updates, but no of course they are not getting rites so they are not getting “any” updates.
    No, that's the ritual currency. I am talking about influence, Slaves, food, etc.

Rouge armies are not something new for the OW, we already had beastmen and savage orcs

Yeah the new RO system, which means the dwarfs and Norcsa will rule the world and if I (say as the Empire) want my empire back I have to attack the Dwarfs, meaning no way to ally with them, oh yeah soooo much fun.

They are getting updates, but those updates are crap and make the game worse, with no expansion of the factions from where they were a year ago.

First off, Lizardmen don’t have a 2nd currency either and wood elves have Amber already.
    Third, Wood Elves, Greenskins, VC, Norsca, and Chaos all have units getting the new dragon breath ability though I’m sure not all are called dragon breath like for the terrorgheist.
    Fourth, all races are getting increased building slots in their capitals (though probably not hordes) and multiple settlements are getting new unique buildings. You can find a number of these in the data mine, but I wouldn’t guarantee those. They have said though there would be a number of unique buildings for factions and settlements, the data mine might hold them all.

Finally, the old world is also getting several new settlements like Skavenblight and hellpit though that just updates the old world not specifically the old world races. I myself preferred the old RO system, but the new version is an okay compromise for those who wanted complete sandbox.

As for rites, I’d prefer them in the old world races too, but not having them doesn’t bug me as I haven’t found the, too useful so far, but I haven’t played as each race yet.
    Lizardmen still have the bonus to edicts. Again the Wood Elfs are one race.

Will they? Greenskins don't have dragons (I also don't think their wyrvens have breath attacks on the TT)

So is the datamine all true?

These are not the Old Wrold Races.

I thought it was a decent idea. But honestly looking at the pic they had in the interview and some of my experiences in game 2. I really think it's not going to work, because the ai does not care if it is green or orange (which is why the Dwarfs can rule the Empire and the HE can take all the mountains) There needs to either be; harder penalties for orange (and red) or change the ai to go green unless it is really forced to change.
  • clarkhineclarkhine Registered Users Posts: 8
    While I understand CA's decision to cut bits of the map I'm a little disappointed. As a High Elf player I bought game 1 because it's a Total War game, because I wanted to support the trilogy and because I'm quite happy playing Wood Elves, Dwarfs and Empire as a stop gap.

However I've always been waiting for the High Elves as a faction, and game 2 and the Vortex map has not disappointed. I think the scope of the HE has been captured well and the large play area feels great. I'm not fussed by large oceans, though increased naval movement could be a good thing.

What irks with ME is that game 1 hasn't lost and territory, indeed its gain a few needed settlements, while game 2 has lost bits that really added to the feel of the HE and LM. I'm not saying this is true but it feels like it wasn't as important for the HE to have their global reach as it was say for the dwarfs to have every Little Rock hovel ;-) .To be clear I'm happy enough with ulthuan being reduced in size/numbers of settlements as it doesn't need to be as detailed as it was in the Vortex map. It's the loss of the southern seas and random islands that makes it feel likes it's lost character and moves towards a continental slugfest.

Will be fascinated to what the combined map after game 3 brings
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,667
    clarkhine said:

While I understand CA's decision to cut bits of the map I'm a little disappointed. As a High Elf player I bought game 1 because it's a Total War game, because I wanted to support the trilogy and because I'm quite happy playing Wood Elves, Dwarfs and Empire as a stop gap.

However I've always been waiting for the High Elves as a faction, and game 2 and the Vortex map has not disappointed. I think the scope of the HE has been captured well and the large play area feels great. I'm not fussed by large oceans, though increased naval movement could be a good thing.

What irks with ME is that game 1 hasn't lost and territory, indeed its gain a few needed settlements, while game 2 has lost bits that really added to the feel of the HE and LM. I'm not saying this is true but it feels like it wasn't as important for the HE to have their global reach as it was say for the dwarfs to have every Little Rock hovel ;-) .To be clear I'm happy enough with ulthuan being reduced in size/numbers of settlements as it doesn't need to be as detailed as it was in the Vortex map. It's the loss of the southern seas and random islands that makes it feel likes it's lost character and moves towards a continental slugfest.

maybe it has to do with the fact that the Old World is basically the most important setting of the WH World, with basically everything else being far less important... even Ulthuan...
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN! TOTAL WAR TROY FOR ONE YEAR EXCLUSIVELY ON THE EPIC GAMES STORE!"

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • iptihariptihar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7
    edited October 2017
    I wonder what if they just add the Tyranids as an Alien invasion force to invade the warhammer universe.
    Would any one object?. After all its a game. Create!!! The twin-tailed commit was a spaceship built by Skavens. It crashed on Earth with possible Tyranids eggs contained in the ship accidentally when skavens tried to explore a planet. That would be soooo coool
  • clarkhineclarkhine Registered Users Posts: 8

maybe it has to do with the fact that the Old World is basically the most important setting of the WH World, with basically everything else being far less important... even Ulthuan...

"Said with due sense of dry humour"

:-O Shocking! How could the Old World be more important than Ulthuan?! How could anything be more important than Ulthuan?! We keep the world safe ;-)

I can recognise that there are more races in the old world and therefore is has a wider appeal, especially to those whose favourite races are there, but for those whose favourite races aren't, it's mildly annoying. And the old world is an excellent setting, esp for something like Warhammer Quest, but for a gran strategy, I'd rather have more islands :-) but it's fine, rerun of the war of the beard it is.

Jeckl said:

Jeckl said:

Lizardmen still have the bonus to edicts. Again the Wood Elfs are one race.

Will they? Greenskins don't have dragons (I also don't think their wyrvens have breath attacks on the TT)

So is the datamine all true?

These are not the Old Wrold Races.

I thought it was a decent idea. But honestly looking at the pic they had in the interview and some of my experiences in game 2. I really think it's not going to work, because the ai does not care if it is green or orange (which is why the Dwarfs can rule the Empire and the HE can take all the mountains) There needs to either be; harder penalties for orange (and red) or change the ai to go green unless it is really forced to change.
  • GeldorGeldor Registered Users Posts: 1,115

clarkhine said:

For someone who complains about every little thing not done for the Empire could show a little bit more empathy if someone else has similar issues with another race.

As a fellow HE fan I also find it a it sad that most of the empire feeling of the HE will be gone as all their colonies are cut from the game. Especially because in the Vortex camapaing they are a central part - and a defining feature of the HE. Especially if you play Teclis.

It’s not that big of a deal in the end, because I can always play the Vortex csmapaing- but if you’d go strictly by importance, the game would be less interesting. Luckily CA has not taken that approach.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 20,081
    Mega campaign that early? Darn, I won't even be finished my second campaign by then! Nice to know the bugs will be sorted before I play it though.

@gholin

So you're OK with massacring innocent civilians and sacrificing them to evil gods, but not with swearing? Y'know, people make fun of that "threshold" because it's completely off.

There's no contradiction, one's in the context of a game, the other is in the context of a forum, people are allowed to have different standards for different contexts, much like the standard at a funeral is different to the standard at a insane clown posse show.

What's interesting is why you care so much about this topic that you're trying to drag this one completely off topic, well, it would be, if the topic was about swearing and not the Mortal Empires campaign.
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!
  • DragantisDragantis PolandRegistered Users Posts: 217
    Any chance for blood today or at least hot fix?
    Blood for the Blood God!
    Among men, Lu Bu. Among horses, Red Hare.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 25,209

Mega campaign that early? Darn, I won't even be finished my second campaign by then! Nice to know the bugs will be sorted before I play it though.

@gholin

There's no contradiction, one's in the context of a game, the other is in the context of a forum, people are allowed to have different standards for different contexts, much like the standard at a funeral is different to the standard at a insane clown posse show.

What's interesting is why you care so much about this topic that you're trying to drag this one completely off topic, well, it would be, if the topic was about swearing and not the Mortal Empires campaign.
    In case you missed it, but this came from a supposed parent complaining about exposing her children to swears while not finding anything wrong about letting them play games whose goal inevitably include massacring lots of people.

I care so much because I hate and despise this sort of hypocritical virtue-signalling.

• SnapperaSnappera Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,250
    Jeckl said:

Snappera said:

Jeckl said:

No, my statement absolutely answered what you're saying in this quote. I'm saying it seems like they've balanced the new races on the campaign to the old races rather than developing new content for the old races. So rites and secondary currencies isn't something that will make the new races overpowered; rather, it's something they need to not be underpowered. Try playing as any game 2 faction, do you feel more or less powerful on the campaign map than in game 1? You feel about the same. Furthermore, the most powerful factions in the campaign are also either Dark Elves (ez pz Malekith is too easy, I'll admit that) or a game 1 faction.

As I highlighted, this is obviously the less expensive route for CA in comparison to making loads of new content for the old races. You don't have to like it, but you can see why they did it. It's cheaper to make the new fit the old than reinventing the old.

What do you gain by playing it? Well, if you pin everything on the old world races getting new campaign content that's not basically a port from game 2 (like extra building slots and skill tree changes which are coming to game 1 factions), then you get nothing from it. It appears no significant new content is being added to the old world races. No rune system for the Dwarfs either, in case you were wondering.

However, if instead you liked the old world races and want to play them in an expanded setting that includes the new world, ported campaign and battle features from warhammer 2 and completely rebalanced battles to suit warhammer 2. Then you'll enjoy yourself.

You certainly have a rite (see what I did there?) to say that CA haven't done enough. However it's pretty obvious why they did it.
    New Culture Pack - Total War Forums

Eternal Virginity: -2 provincial growth rate
    DLC Rage: 2x discontent from taxes
    PC Master Race Prices: -10% unit recruitment cost
    Inaccurate Historical Knowledge: Can recruit units from nearby factions
    Older Demographic: +25% Research Rate