Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Mortal Empires interview w/ Ian Roxburgh

1234568

Comments

  • GeldorGeldor Registered Users Posts: 1,115
    TRex said:

    Stephince said:

    Seems slightly odd that to win ME as Empire an invasion of Ulthuan is necessary. I'm sure they have more important things to bash.

    Yes. There'll be no possibility of me invading Ulthuan with the Empire. Under no circumstances will i be killing Elves, unless they are the nasty Dark Elves. Is that racist?
    This indeed seems to be a strange requirement. A DE settlement, some place in the Southlands or Lustria would have made more sense (and if they get those too - then just sticking to those would have made more sense).

    I hope HE factions don’t also get a victory condition to invade the Empire.

    On a positive note: I really like Teclis new starting position, still in an interesting place, but a bit closer to Ulthuan, so that you can also interact with those factions if you want.
  • bennymclbennymcl Senior Member Montreal, CanadaRegistered Users Posts: 2,797
    edited October 2017

    bennymcl said:

    dge1 said:

    Let's all get back on the thread topic. Thanks.

    Like how disappointing it is they didn't add rites or any fresh mechanics to the old races ? :tongue:
    I disagree that the grudges mechanic is lacklustre though. I really like it and don't think it needs a revamp.

    Edit: The only thing I'd change is a bigger reward and more punishment.
    That's kind of what I'm getting at though. The old mechanics are fine. But just those by themselves is a bit shallow imo. Empire, Dwarfs and Greenskins are all victims of this shallowness.

    Chaos and beastmen could also have arguments made for them ...

    Ever since Wood Elves. It was glaringly obvious the old factions were less than special. VC is probably the most interesting of the originals and even they, again in my opinion, are a little flat.
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 9,077
    TRex said:

    Stephince said:

    Seems slightly odd that to win ME as Empire an invasion of Ulthuan is necessary. I'm sure they have more important things to bash.

    Yes. There'll be no possibility of me invading Ulthuan with the Empire. Under no circumstances will i be killing Elves, unless they are the nasty Dark Elves. Is that racist?
    Link?

    It is terrible if you have to wipe out the HEs as empire.

    Like making a WW2 game and to win as USA you have to take out Britain.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • StephinceStephince Registered Users Posts: 2,722
    It was mentioned in the PC gamer video linked waaaaay back on the first page. It is of course possible they have that detail wrong of course.
  • GeldorGeldor Registered Users Posts: 1,115

    TRex said:

    Stephince said:

    Seems slightly odd that to win ME as Empire an invasion of Ulthuan is necessary. I'm sure they have more important things to bash.

    Yes. There'll be no possibility of me invading Ulthuan with the Empire. Under no circumstances will i be killing Elves, unless they are the nasty Dark Elves. Is that racist?
    Link?

    It is terrible if you have to wipe out the HEs as empire.

    Like making a WW2 game and to win as USA you have to take out Britain.
    They didn’t say wipe out thought, more like one region or settlement. I still find it strange. Just doesn’t really fit with the lore and they can provide other targets to make the campaign interesting and interact with new factions.
  • Busa1227Busa1227 Registered Users Posts: 3,118
    You don't need to conquest a region to win, we are also able to establish a military alliance, so an alliance between Empire and HE would be enough.

  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 9,077
    Busa1227 said:

    You don't need to conquest a region to win, we are also able to establish a military alliance, so an alliance between Empire and HE would be enough.

    That sounds better!
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • carnotauruscarnotaurus Registered Users Posts: 294
    bennymcl said:

    dge1 said:

    Let's all get back on the thread topic. Thanks.

    Like how disappointing it is they didn't add rites or any fresh mechanics to the old races ? :tongue:
    The old races are geting some new things like buildings and at lets for the empire new Techs from those Buildings.
  • Mohawk_RoshiMohawk_Roshi Registered Users Posts: 1,763
    Busa1227 said:

    You don't need to conquest a region to win, we are also able to establish a military alliance, so an alliance between Empire and HE would be enough.

    This is true but I've already imagine a post chaos empire going real dark >:)
    A WIZARD SHOULD KNOW BETTER!
  • HarconnHarconn Registered Users Posts: 937
    A forced war between HE and Empire would make no sense at all, in contrary, I would be very displeased. It's like Gondor has to kill all hobbits in a LotR setting. But if this can be solved by diplomacy I'm fine with it. At least if AI can handle it properly.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________

    My German Youtube-Channel - Let's Plays (Strategy, RPG, Indie,...): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChwblqvwr8XxKP0GzCcUb8Q
  • Mohawk_RoshiMohawk_Roshi Registered Users Posts: 1,763
    Harconn said:

    A forced war between HE and Empire would make no sense at all, in contrary, I would be very displeased. It's like Gondor has to kill all hobbits in a LotR setting. But if this can be solved by diplomacy I'm fine with it. At least if AI can handle it properly.

    But if hobbits get credit for saving Middle Earth then what legitimacy is there in Crown of Gondor?!

    #coverup
    #burningshire
    A WIZARD SHOULD KNOW BETTER!
  • PaulHPaulH Registered Users Posts: 1,394
    On the whole I'm looking forward to the Mortal Empires campaign! But I think it is a shame that Albion and Sartosa are cut, and that none of the TWW1 races are getting rites.
  • bennymclbennymcl Senior Member Montreal, CanadaRegistered Users Posts: 2,797

    bennymcl said:

    dge1 said:

    Let's all get back on the thread topic. Thanks.

    Like how disappointing it is they didn't add rites or any fresh mechanics to the old races ? :tongue:
    The old races are geting some new things like buildings and at lets for the empire new Techs from those Buildings.
    buildings!? No way. Let me express my excitement

    "yay"

    Done. What's next? Buildings do next to nothing. Race specific mechanics are where the changes need to be made.
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,071
    Geldor said:

    TRex said:

    Stephince said:

    Seems slightly odd that to win ME as Empire an invasion of Ulthuan is necessary. I'm sure they have more important things to bash.

    Yes. There'll be no possibility of me invading Ulthuan with the Empire. Under no circumstances will i be killing Elves, unless they are the nasty Dark Elves. Is that racist?
    This indeed seems to be a strange requirement. A DE settlement, some place in the Southlands or Lustria would have made more sense (and if they get those too - then just sticking to those would have made more sense).

    I hope HE factions don’t also get a victory condition to invade the Empire.
    It's looks like CA made another diplomatic relations nonsense similar to the Fay Enchantress fighting with the Wood Elves from the start, and likely even worse.
  • carnotauruscarnotaurus Registered Users Posts: 294
    bennymcl said:

    bennymcl said:

    dge1 said:

    Let's all get back on the thread topic. Thanks.

    Like how disappointing it is they didn't add rites or any fresh mechanics to the old races ? :tongue:
    The old races are geting some new things like buildings and at lets for the empire new Techs from those Buildings.
    buildings!? No way. Let me express my excitement

    "yay"

    Done. What's next? Buildings do next to nothing. Race specific mechanics are where the changes need to be made.
    Wasn't there was something about a amethyst wizard somewher i cant really remember clearly.
  • Derfel82Derfel82 Registered Users Posts: 122
    I don't mind if some province gets cut, the map will be huge anyway.

    I was sad about rites, but SFO said they will give them to old world races, so i hope for good ^^
    And i hope CA will move some old LL to new locations soon...

    Too bad old races mechanics seem untouched... Influence would a nice add for empire, VC, Beastmen and Chaos would work with a secondary currency (i.e. dark power for summons + gold for buildings and recruits), and something else for O&G and Dwarfs .

    I hoped a overhaul for older races would had come with Old World Edition, and was displeaced when it didn't, so with this interview i have even less faith in CA. I still hope they will prove me wrong...

    Anyway.. Lets not forget all LL will have new level Cap @40, so at least we will see new abilities or reworked threes
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 1,752
    If they have cut the bottom half of the Southlands from the map, without technical reason to do so, that would be unfortunate.
  • SteppelordSteppelord Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,264
    Hmm im not happy at all with teclis moving there. He should just go to ulthuan, who cares if its easier.
  • bennymclbennymcl Senior Member Montreal, CanadaRegistered Users Posts: 2,797
    Surge_2 said:

    If they have cut the bottom half of the Southlands from the map, without technical reason to do so, that would be unfortunate.

    Mainly because, I believe, most races from the old world don't have much reason to exist in the lower southlands. There would pretty much only be Skaven and Lizardmen (maybe a human settlement or two?). Which means they would be using a ton of space for not many of the present races in the game.

    They need to focus the playing area around where the majority of the LLs will be.

    Even without the southlands, the vertical height of the map will be crazy...
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,071

    Hmm im not happy at all with teclis moving there. He should just go to ulthuan, who cares if its easier.

    True, I hoped that at least for the Mortal Empires CA would move Teclis back home.
  • StephinceStephince Registered Users Posts: 2,722
    The guy obviously likes a holiday
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 13,978
    edited October 2017
    Tayvar said:

    Hmm im not happy at all with teclis moving there. He should just go to ulthuan, who cares if its easier.

    True, I hoped that at least for the Mortal Empires CA would move Teclis back home.
    Basically same start position as Tyrion. Boring.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,026
    Canuovea said:

    Tayvar said:

    Hmm im not happy at all with teclis moving there. He should just go to ulthuan, who cares if its easier.

    True, I hoped that at least for the Mortal Empires CA would move Teclis back home.
    Basically same start position as Tyrion. Boring.
    also:

    we assume at least 1 more HE LL, very likely 2.

    And at least 1 of those 2, if not both, will start in Ulthuan.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • HorskiHorski Registered Users Posts: 38
    SiWI said:

    Canuovea said:

    Tayvar said:

    Hmm im not happy at all with teclis moving there. He should just go to ulthuan, who cares if its easier.

    True, I hoped that at least for the Mortal Empires CA would move Teclis back home.
    Basically same start position as Tyrion. Boring.
    also:

    we assume at least 1 more HE LL, very likely 2.

    And at least 1 of those 2, if not both, will start in Ulthuan.
    This!

    Alarielle is pretty likely as a make war not love related LL and she would be in Ulthuan.
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Registered Users Posts: 1,107
    Are there actually some HE LL who could start outside of Ulthuan and not just because "The game demands it"?
    "In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No faction shall escape my sight.
    Let those who think deniers are right
    Beware my power--Faction Lantern's light!"

    Everythime a faction/race is excluded from the trilogy, these games become smaller. RIP Araby and others.
  • Szymonides0203Szymonides0203 Registered Users Posts: 8
    Hoping for hotseat :(
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,026
    Horski said:

    SiWI said:

    Canuovea said:

    Tayvar said:

    Hmm im not happy at all with teclis moving there. He should just go to ulthuan, who cares if its easier.

    True, I hoped that at least for the Mortal Empires CA would move Teclis back home.
    Basically same start position as Tyrion. Boring.
    also:

    we assume at least 1 more HE LL, very likely 2.

    And at least 1 of those 2, if not both, will start in Ulthuan.
    This!

    Alarielle is pretty likely as a make war not love related LL and she would be in Ulthuan.
    I would have said yes to this before release...
    at least that she is likely to be FLC.

    But now...

    Her faction can't trade...

    HE without trade? Good luck with that...
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 9,077
    SiWI said:

    Horski said:

    SiWI said:

    Canuovea said:

    Tayvar said:

    Hmm im not happy at all with teclis moving there. He should just go to ulthuan, who cares if its easier.

    True, I hoped that at least for the Mortal Empires CA would move Teclis back home.
    Basically same start position as Tyrion. Boring.
    also:

    we assume at least 1 more HE LL, very likely 2.

    And at least 1 of those 2, if not both, will start in Ulthuan.
    This!

    Alarielle is pretty likely as a make war not love related LL and she would be in Ulthuan.
    I would have said yes to this before release...
    at least that she is likely to be FLC.

    But now...

    Her faction can't trade...

    HE without trade? Good luck with that...
    Both her and Finubar are unlikely due to the choices you get as influence.

    They are spoken about and told by either Teclics or Tyrion what to do.

    It would be some serious schizofrenia if they were LLs. Which is a shame. Finubar would have made a great LL.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,667



    It would be some serious schizofrenia if they were LLs. Which is a shame. Finubar would have made a great LL.

    would he? He's a "lore only" character, and for both, Ghorst (who atleast had a bit of TT light) and Alberic there had been some complaints against using these no-names
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN! TOTAL WAR TROY FOR ONE YEAR EXCLUSIVELY ON THE EPIC GAMES STORE!"

    The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

    Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

    Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • AltarielAltariel Registered Users Posts: 148
    Izariel said:

    Can you tell us if when we conquer a settlement it will change appearance to the conquering race? Some people do not like it, but for me I love it and really am hoping it is in Mortal Empires. Do you have an answer on this?

    Teclis is my favorite LL, and I hate the thought that as I expand I will only have 1 city that even looks elven...

    I really want this
Sign In or Register to comment.