Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Mortal Empires interview w/ Ian Roxburgh

12345679»

Comments

• StephinceStephince Registered Users Posts: 2,722
    I believe it will work as it does in TWWH2, so the answer is no.
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Registered Users Posts: 4,092
    Honestly not excited for this at all. Waiting for this is like waiting to be kicked in the teeth. I haven't seen anything worth getting hyped up about other than 4 more races and a horribly fun mess of balancing issues we all know is coming. Almost dreading this actually.
  • bennymclbennymcl Senior Member Montreal, CanadaRegistered Users Posts: 2,797

Honestly not excited for this at all. Waiting for this is like waiting to be kicked in the teeth. I haven't seen anything worth getting hyped up about other than 4 more races and a horribly fun mess of balancing issues we all know is coming. Almost dreading this actually.

Campaign balancing issues are fine. Essentially it just means different difficulty levels based on balance. It's nearly impossible to "balance" a campaign with so many races and such a large map.

I believe they have done a remarkable job with balancing thus far. I have high hopes for it.
  • itsonlymeitsonlyme Registered Users Posts: 225
    Anedon said:

Honestly I´m pretty disapointed by the "no new starting positions for Old World LL" because this has literly been one of the main wishes of the community from the beginning.
    And I don´t really buy the promise that this will happen eventually, maybe one or two but not many.
    Not to mention that should Araby come as dlc any hopes for a playable Empire/Bretonnia Subfaction outside of the old world would be destroyed (with the exeoption of the new world colonizes but they seem to be more Tilean/Estalian anyway.)

I'm pretty sure I'd read that they plan to add new starting positions after release. They just wanted to get the map out earlier. Who bloody cares about Araby??
  • MiniaArMiniaAr Registered Users Posts: 471
    edited October 2017
    Horski said:

SiWI said:

Canuovea said:

Tayvar said:

Hmm im not happy at all with teclis moving there. He should just go to ulthuan, who cares if its easier.

True, I hoped that at least for the Mortal Empires CA would move Teclis back home.
    Basically same start position as Tyrion. Boring.
    also:

we assume at least 1 more HE LL, very likely 2.

And at least 1 of those 2, if not both, will start in Ulthuan.
    This!

Alarielle is pretty likely as a make war not love related LL and she would be in Ulthuan.
    In the Vortex map, this isn't a total certainty. Indeed, the Everqueen is supposed to make a trip to the East and she could thus start in Tor Elasor while en route or on her way back from the trip.

In the Mortal Empires map, she'd probably start in Ulthuan, yes.

"Every tenth year, the court of the Everqueen goes forth upon a seaborne pilgrimage to the hidden Tower of the Sun south of the equator. The Queen alone can hold back the slow encroachment of the gravid orb Morrslieb that occurs with every eclipse. With her goes the Royal Fleet of Ulthuan, carrying an immense host of her finest troops, a score of Moon Dragons flying alongside. The Royal Warhost fights its way through the bizarre denizens of the Land of a Thousand Gods, battling against tribes of tiger-headed warriors, prides of winged lions and troops of six-armed monkey warriors who resent the Elves' intrusion into their domain. Upon reaching the Tower, the Everqueen gives up her own moonblood in a great ritual that ensures Morrslieb is held at bay for another decade."

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Tower_of_the_Sun
    source: Warhammer Fantasy: Rulebook (8th Edition)