Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Suggestion: Add a proper Trigger for Malekiths, Teclis' and Tyrions "Special" Quest Items

TheGuardianOfMetal#3661TheGuardianOfMetal#3661 Registered Users Posts: 14,701
As we know now, Malekith, Tyrion and Teclis have Quest Items which quests are not started when they reach a certain level.

For Malekith that's the Armour of Midnight, for Tyrion the Heart of Averlorn and for Teclis the Moon Staff and the Scroll of Hoeth

Yet the Quests for these Items seem to appear just as randomly as every other quest... I completed a Tyrion campaign and didn't get the Quest for the Heart of Averlorn. Now I'm in a Malekith campaign and already gained all his "real" quest Items, yet i didn't get the Quest for the Armour ofMidnight.

Please CA, couple these Quests onto a specific trigger. For example: The Lord has unlocked all of his other Quest Items, or that the player has completed Ritual Number X. Or you have completed the special building in the Lords starting province. Something that can guarantee us that we'd atleast get the Quest for the Item.
The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
Post edited by CA_Will#2514 on

Comments

• furtissim#2177furtissim#2177 Registered Users Posts: 427
    There are specific triggers for each quest I think. We just don't know what those triggers are, which triggers me a lot (hehe).

In my experience, reaching turn 70 in a Tyrion campaign whilst having at least one Gate left to be conquered AND not having another quest active that asks you to conquer a Gate are some of the requirements/triggers. I don't know whether having the other 2 proper legendary quest items is a must or not (in all my campaigns I got them before).
  • TheGuardianOfMetal#3661TheGuardianOfMetal#3661 Registered Users Posts: 14,701
    furtissim said:

There are specific triggers for each quest I think. We just don't know what those triggers are, which triggers me a lot (hehe).

In my experience, reaching turn 70 in a Tyrion campaign whilst having at least one Gate left to be conquered AND not having another quest active that asks you to conquer a Gate are some of the requirements/triggers. I don't know whether having the other 2 proper legendary quest items is a must or not (in all my campaigns I got them before).

I think when I reached Turn 70 in my Tyrion campaign I had atleast 3/4 of the Gates left... no Quests
    The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • Kayosiv#7489Kayosiv#7489 Registered Users Posts: 2,875
    Played through a 182 turn Tyrion campaign and never saw it. Very disappointed.
    Space Frontier is a sci-fi themed board game I've designed for 2-4 players. Please take a look and enjoy our free Print-and-Play at FreezeDriedGames.com

If you have any questions about tactics or mechanics in Total War Warhammer multiplayer, feel free to PM me.
  • Overlord87#6613Overlord87#6613 Registered Users Posts: 1,027
    As these items are part of the iconic gear of these LLs, the quests for them should be available to players under specific conditions that must be always possible to satisfy for the player. That is to say, something like "own X settlement" is fine. Something like "do that by turn Y" is not.
  • furtissim#2177furtissim#2177 Registered Users Posts: 427
    Yes, this is very disappointing.