Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Possible legendary Lord for Game 3 - Tamurkhan?

ConradToskanConradToskan Registered Users Posts: 349
„Know then, that this is the saga of Tamurkhan, Maggot Lord, Son of the Great Kurgan of old, Favoured of Nurgle - Warlord, tyrant, canker - worm and false king. Tamurkhan the Great, Tamurkhan the Fool, pawn of prophecy and bringer of slaughter." „Know then, that this is the saga of Tamurkhan, Maggot Lord, Son of the Great Kurgan of old, Favoured of Nurgle - Warlord, tyrant, canker - worm and false king. Tamurkhan the Great, Tamurkhan the Fool, pawn of prophecy and bringer of slaughter."

The start point of the Warhammer Total War campaign is set shortly after Karl Franz coronation and that's about the time when the legions of the Maggot Lord Tamurkhan marches towards the empire.

Tamurkhan (click here for his wiki page) himself is a quite nifty character, of whom I'm a great fan. That may be due to his most beautiful book of which you can find a video below:

I think he would be a great legendary lord for game 3, which is placed in the Realm of Chaos and the Dark Lands. His unholy crusade brings a lot of movement into the Dark Lands and on the (Im)mortal Empires map, he would be an early Chaos threat for the Empire and every other faction in the south (Dwarfs, Greenskins, Skaven, Borderprinces,...)

Maybe his Saga will even be the theme of Game 3, which would be especially awesome. Anyways, what are your thoughts about Tamurkhan? Him being from Forgeworld shouldn't be a problem as also other Forgeworld minis like the Mammoth or the Fimir made the jump.

Comments

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,701
    *looks at Elspeth von Draken*

on the other hand there are other alternatives for Nurgle Champions: Scion the Reaper or if we wanna go with an End Times model: Glottkin
    The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • wingren013wingren013 Registered Users Posts: 1,076
    Tamurkhan only exists in an alt history where Archaon fails to become Everchosen.
  • ConradToskanConradToskan Registered Users Posts: 349

Tamurkhan only exists in an alt history where Archaon fails to become Everchosen.

Really? I don' t think so... Tamurkhan is just set before Archaon becomes the Everchosen, or at least that's how I understood it.
    Do you have any proof for your claim?
  • Neolucifer2000Neolucifer2000 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 956

Really? I don' t think so... Tamurkhan is just set before Archaon becomes the Everchosen, or at least that's how I understood it.
    Do you have any proof for your claim?
    even if it is true, there is no reason for CA to not add him...i mean Vlad von carstein is dead as hell and there is no logic reason to be in the game yet CA added him with his boy mannfred as a buddy!

Demand more love for Empire and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Built-in RoR like Hochland Long Rifles and Knightly orders! Doombull, Wargor, Ghorgon, Jabberslythe, Tuskboar chariot and God-specific Gors! #MakeOldWorldGreatAgain
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 9,704
    I think that book could fit Game 3 EASY.
    Glory matters not.

• ConradToskanConradToskan Registered Users Posts: 349

Ok. What you are suggesting is wrong. I have the 8th edition WoC army book in my hands right now (I got it yesterday from ebay) and Tamurkhan appears in the timeline.

So there is nothing stopping CA from including him... it would be so epic.
  • AlchimistAlchimist Registered Users Posts: 345
    Tamurkhan: The Throne of Chaos, a Forge World book, brought a lot of new information alongside of new units and lords for the Chaos Dwarfs, the Ogre Kingdoms, and the Greenskins, races that are going to feature heavily in Warhammer 3, so Creative Assembly might also look at Tamurkhan himself and add him either to WoC or DoC.

Moreover the Maggot Lord could be a common threat that drives Warhammer 3’s campaign, as in his campaign he fights the supposed major races that are going to be in Warhammer 3, while also adding more diversity because otherwise the Dark Lands are basically an arena reserved to Chaos Dwarfs, Greenskins, Ogres, and Skaven, and in the “Mortal Empire” version of Warhammer 3 you can add Tomb Kings and Dwarfs to the party as they border the region.
  • DerpyRoxasDerpyRoxas Registered Users Posts: 3,348
    I think that for game 3 we are getting one Daemon LL that power up the daemons in the roster and one LL who is a Champion of the God and use Marked Warriors of Chaos in prefernce of Daemons. Just Like Wood Elves., they will have a major costs to recruit each other preferred unit. So Tamurkhan is a candidate of Nurgle Marked Warriors.
  • SherShahSuriSherShahSuri Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,109
    edited November 2017
    oh dear -.- another "evil" display of one of our very own great warlords and heroes... Khan Timur (or most offensively known in the west as Tamerlane) of the Timurid Khanate.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,642
    The only Khan I really want to see is Hobgobla :D
  • mw51630mw51630 Member Registered Users Posts: 2,165
    He's not a bad pick for Nurgle.
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,885

Ok. What you are suggesting is wrong. I have the 8th edition WoC army book in my hands right now (I got it yesterday from ebay) and Tamurkhan appears in the timeline.

So there is nothing stopping CA from including him... it would be so epic.
    Keep in mind
    • That Tamurkhan was the first of a planned four book series, everyone tailored to one dark God in an alternate timeline where the Empire should have been broken (early rumors spoke of Karl Franz dead and then an Elector War who would rule while Chaos invaded from different angles under 4 chosen Champions).
    • That Tamurkhan came out 2011 and WoC armybook 2012. It is unknown when GW pulled the plug for Fantasy Forges bookseries or if the Tamurkhan book already was changed to work as a standalone title. Warhammer Forge also were forced to stomp other projects around 2012, like the "Legends" attempt with Battle of Blackfirepass book, which at that time had cover, artwork and some Forgeworld miniatures.
    So GW adding Tamurkhan to the WoC timeline, maybe already knowing they stomp the whole edition with The (horrible) Endtimes at the end, is not really that "concrete" proof. And then there is of course GWs retcon history with for example most things happening in 6th Edition. Beginning of 7th edition we still had Storm of Chaos related lore bits flying around, which just get eradicated more and more with the edition forming up until at the end of 7th/beginning of 8th everything was retconned.

That said, Tamurkhan would be fitting for the Dark Lands. But I kinda believe we should get used to Festus for Nurgle. Starting positions, as game#2 last showed, can get kinda redundant.

-----Red Dox