Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Leaked CA/SEGA Document

ProR2D2ProR2D2 Junior MemberPosts: 460Registered Users

"Flying units felt like cheating" -Alisdair Jarrold, CA Lead Battle designer (may 2016)

Comments

• FinishingLastFinishingLast Posts: 3,891Registered Users
    Okay.
    I am incredibly mad and angry at whatever someone insinuated could possibly, but not likely, happen in the WH series today and CA must answer for this with an explanation of why they might possibly, but didn't do this!!!
  • FifthOfSpaghettiFifthOfSpaghetti Posts: 1,625Registered Users
  • IndyprideIndypride Senior Member Posts: 1,649Registered Users
    edited October 2017
  • SephirexSephirex Right outside your windowPosts: 1,028Registered Users
    Did you not like the in-game cinematics, I'm guessing?
  • TheChocolateJesusTheChocolateJesus Senior Member Posts: 1,420Registered Users
    edited October 2017
    Funny.
    It's gotta be a Chocolate Jesus to keep me satisfied.
  • TalmoreanTalmorean Posts: 1,418Registered Users
  • SnapperaSnappera Senior Member Posts: 1,189Registered Users
    edited October 2017
    Why are they using Dollars?

Castle CA is in Horsham, United Kingdom.

REEEEE disingenuous and unstraight!
    New Culture Pack - Total War Forums

Eternal Virginity: -2 provincial growth rate
    DLC Rage: 2x discontent from taxes
    PC Master Race Prices: -10% unit recruitment cost
    Inaccurate Historical Knowledge: Can recruit units from nearby factions
    Older Demographic: +25% Research Rate
  • WakaWaka3000WakaWaka3000 Junior Member Posts: 446Registered Users
    To be fair, the cinematics were a step up from the first game.
  • IndyprideIndypride Senior Member Posts: 1,649Registered Users
    edited October 2017
    Talmorean said:

My GIFs werent working and it made me sad. I just wanted to be a memelord...
  • ArsenicArsenic Posts: 4,188Registered Users
    Indypride said:

?

I think he's insinuating that the in-game cinematics were rather thin gruel compared to the gorgeous trailers.

Don't disagree, but that's a hell of a lot of effort to go to in order to make a point..
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
    edited October 2017
    Indypride said:

Talmorean said:

My GIFs werent working and it made me sad. I just wanted to be a memelord...
    Are they GIFV format? I use 99% imgur gifs and some of them are GIFV, and those don't work.
  • Nitros14Nitros14 Junior Member Posts: 1,577Registered Users
    I actually really like the cinematic style in the Vortex campaign.
  • ArsenicArsenic Posts: 4,188Registered Users
    Nitros14 said:

They're nice.

But wouldn't you have preferred something like the trailers within the actual game? Seems a bit arse-about-face to me.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • rad13rad13 Member Posts: 592Registered Users
    Hilariously bad trolling. “Spenditures”

Lol
    Arsenic said:

Nitros14 said:

They're nice.

But wouldn't you have preferred something like the trailers within the actual game? Seems a bit arse-about-face to me.
    They cost too much money. I'd prefer the budget go toward game play, DLC, units etc...

The Art is gorgeous and the cinematics draw you into the story (At least the first time).
  • ProR2D2ProR2D2 Junior Member Posts: 460Registered Users
    edited October 2017
    Talmorean said:

Arsenic said:

Nitros14 said:

They're nice.

They cost too much money.
    0:40
    Post edited by ProR2D2 on
    "Flying units felt like cheating" -Alisdair Jarrold, CA Lead Battle designer (may 2016)
    Hell I'd cut out the cutscenes we have now even if it just meant a playable Mousillon.
    I am incredibly mad and angry at whatever someone insinuated could possibly, but not likely, happen in the WH series today and CA must answer for this with an explanation of why they might possibly, but didn't do this!!!
    edited October 2017
    All the trailers have been mostly in-engine footage. They can't cost that THAT much to do.
    Sephirex said:

All the trailers have been in-engine. They can't cost that THAT much to do.

Not the very first one showing off the Lizardmen, High Elves, and Dark Elves. That was CG. Everything else though has been in-game or the concept art style.
    edited October 2017

Sephirex said:

Not the very first one showing off the Lizardmen, High Elves, and Dark Elves. That was CG. Everything else though has been in-game or the concept art style.
    Sorry, I meant the advertisement trailers that CA is apparently spending so much more money on. The very first one was the opening game cinematic, so I don't really think that counts towards advertisement budget either.
    Sephirex said:

Sephirex said:

Sorry, I meant the advertisement trailers that CA is apparently spending so much more money on.
    Ah, gotcha.
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 10,279Registered Users
    Snappera said:

Why are they using Dollars?

Castle CA is in Horsham, United Kingdom.

REEEEE disingenuous and unstraight!

Yes but CA is in fact using the ultimate currency, that is called Charlemagnes. :)
    CGI Trailers are crazy expensive. Look up how much the SWTOR trailers cost...(And that was 2010-11)

In game Trailers are fun, but they require ingame assets, and for say hunting the crown of Lilaeth, there are no in game assets that apply.

The Stagnant art blended with the story telling feels very real with the fantasy atmosphere.

• Lord_XelosLord_Xelos Posts: 1,806Registered Users
    And now we know where money that was supposed to pay for better content was spent instead... Let's keep feeding marketing machine instead of... I don't know... creating superior products at better price?
    Psst..^

That wasn't a real document.
  • rad13rad13 Member Posts: 592Registered Users

And now we know where money that was supposed to pay for better content was spent instead... Let's keep feeding marketing machine instead of... I don't know... creating superior products at better price?

not sure who is the greater fool: the author of a transparently wrong troll document, or the person who believes it.
  • TheHolyPilgrimTheHolyPilgrim Junior Member Posts: 453Registered Users
    CA did a phenomenal job with that one dollar cuz those Ritual cut-scenes are gorgeous! <3

CA did a phenomenal job with that one dollar cuz those Ritual cut-scenes are gorgeous! <3 </p>

Live from the CA budgetary committee

• mmurray821mmurray821 Moderator Posts: 5,227Moderators
    Troll thread closed and sunk
    Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
    I've never seen the Icarus story as a lesson on the limitations of humans. I see it as a lesson about the limitations of wax as an adhesive.
This discussion has been closed.