Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Mortal Empires Campaign Map Reveal

Comments

• HarconnHarconn Registered Users Posts: 943
    Well, at least this was the fastet fix ever provided by CA. ;)

To the map: Now I want to see all subfactions, too.^^
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________

My German Youtube-Channel - Let's Plays (Strategy, RPG, Indie,...): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChwblqvwr8XxKP0GzCcUb8Q
  • BapodBapod Registered Users Posts: 15
    edited October 2017
    CA_Whelan said:

Bapod said:

Whoever made the legend clearly has no interest or knowledge of the game, pretty shocking to have that many errors, map looks whopper though!

Pretty easy mistake, they make loads of assets every day. I didn't pick up on it until after posting as well. Nobody's perfect :sweat_smile:
    Yeah I edited my post as soon as it was fixed but not quick enough! Just finished my first campaign in Warhammer 2 and it was honestly the best Total War campaign I have ever had and I have been playing since Shogun 1. Great job with the interaction with the community too by the way
  • eomateomat Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,980
    Even Queek and Skrolk are wrong. Someone rush this out
  • TigTig Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 836
    Oof. I kind of wonder if the map won’t be overwhelmingly big... Only one way to find out!! Thanks, CA!
    The Indomitable Gaul 2.0. Brought to you by Total War Access.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 9,860
    edited October 2017
    Didn't know the Lord of the End Times was a druggie. He's doing at least a little 'e'.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    edited October 2017
    @CA_Whelan Gianthome Oblast? I think they are mountains? The Gianthome Mountains, right?
  • Skarsnik_De_EmperorSkarsnik_De_Emperor Registered Users Posts: 1,802
    The more empty the space is, the more likely there will be dlc / flc faction in the future.

Besides, TK, Araby, Game 2 main factions dlc (someone mentioned above).

Boris, Amazons, Kislev are all possibly added :)
  • MelodiousMelodious Registered Users Posts: 35
    edited October 2017
    *nevermind*
  • DancarlottaDancarlotta Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 191
    Can’t wait to see @Lord_Xelos comment
    Warpstone addicted ratmen are not brave, but dey furry.
  • NereNere Registered Users Posts: 56
    Guys where is Hellpit supposed to be? I know it was datamined.
  • PLHenryPLHenry Registered Users Posts: 1,406
  • TotalBorehammerTotalBorehammer Registered Users Posts: 954
    edited October 2017
    So can someone please explain to me why there was such an outcry about the ME map? Look pretty great to me in terms of size and proportion? The weaker section to play looks like the South East of the map, but I think when all of the races are added for this game it should be pretty damn epic.

LL placement could be tweaked in future I think, maybe mods can fix that.

Very interested to see if Game 3 will re-shape the map further or simply tack on parts to this one.
    CA have a Facebook page... use the comments section of their posts and express your thoughts on ME poor quality/delays etc https://www.facebook.com/CreativeAssembly/ :)
  • ArayelArayel Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 328
    Just looks like someone squashed the left side of the map in it so distorted. Really horrible looking map for a Warhammer fan. Also utterly disappointing that they didn't move any of the original Lords to more interesting locations, it's not like the community has been asking for it since the release of game 1 or anything.

Was really looking forward to this from the original announcement but now not sure if I'll do anything more than a single Queek campaign on it.
  • BrakierBrakier Registered Users Posts: 1,534
    @CA_Whelan thank you whelan for this, the map looks very nice, i feel the hype growing to new highest! no naugthy pun inteded.

• BrizthomBrizthom Registered Users Posts: 682
    Richdog said:

So can someone please explain to me why there was such an outcry about the ME map? Look pretty great to me in terms of size and proportion? The weaker section to play looks like the South East of the map, but I think when all of the races are added for this game it should be pretty damn epic.

Certain people have been hyping themselves up to have an internet meltdown once the map was released for the better part of 12 months.
  • SnotfaceSnotface Member Registered Users Posts: 753
    :o who to play as first????

So many options.
    Wyvern's is good fer one thing, eatin' smashin' smellin' and flyin.'
  • BereaverBereaver Registered Users Posts: 770
    Araby is not as square as i thought! Great map, I love you CA <3
  • LestaTLestaT Senior Member Kuala LumpurRegistered Users Posts: 3,318
    Snotface said:

So many options.

25 start positions.....
    LestaT said:

Snotface said:

So many options.

25 start positions.....
    faction unlocker + 100

• NeoYasNeoYas Registered Users Posts: 799
    edited October 2017
    This is very bad, so many regions where to play or to expand, so many races, so many legendary lords to choose and there is still content to come, and the worst I can conquer the old world with High Elves and show to the Empire who are the real empire, very bad...
    Post edited by NeoYas on

• HarconnHarconn Registered Users Posts: 943
    I will start with Tyrion. He's in the middle of the map and can do nearly anything.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________

My German Youtube-Channel - Let's Plays (Strategy, RPG, Indie,...): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChwblqvwr8XxKP0GzCcUb8Q
  • edictzeroedictzero Registered Users Posts: 10
    edited October 2017
    seems like DE will just get massive every game with nobody to contest them. I think an order lord should start up there like Gelt or a dwarf, or one of the Bretonnia factions. Maybe even Orion but have him start out with a friendly status that slowly starts to deteriorate.

Some of their lands were cut but I think a lot more should have been and kept more of the Southlands in instead. There are like 10 offbrand DE factions plus Morathi so it will be boring to play as a DE faction as well when you start out. They could also shrink Naggaroth even more by having Morathi start somewhere else, maybe in Lustria somewhere, which would give more variety to High elves who also have a lot of real estate compared to the wood elves for example.

They should have lowered the top of the map to cover most of Naggaroth and a little of Ulthuan as well to encourage clashes of civilizations.
    edictzero said:

seems like DE will just get massive every game with nobody to contest them. I think an order lord should start up there like Gelt or a dwarf, or one of the Bretonnia factions. Maybe even Orion but have him start out with a friendly status that slowly starts to deteriorate.

Some of their lands were cut but I think a lot more should have been and kept more of the Southlands in instead. There are like 10 offbrand DE factions plus Morathi so it will be boring to play as a DE faction as well when you start out. They should have lowered the top of the map to cover most of their lands and a little of the High Elves as well to encourage clashes of civilizations.

i hopefully if they want some more lords for the old races they can put them in the new world to make it all alittle more contest so some ai wont have an easy time to get strong.

• TotalBorehammerTotalBorehammer Registered Users Posts: 954
    edictzero said:

Some of their lands were cut but I think a lot more should have been and kept more of the Southlands in instead. There are like 10 offbrand DE factions plus Morathi so it will be boring to play as a DE faction as well when you start out. They should have lowered the top of the map to cover most of their lands and a little of the High Elves as well to encourage clashes of civilizations.

Is the campaign map editable in size and scale by modders or is that locked?
    CA have a Facebook page... use the comments section of their posts and express your thoughts on ME poor quality/delays etc https://www.facebook.com/CreativeAssembly/ :)
  • VincentNZVincentNZ Registered Users Posts: 953
    I have still a couple of questions though.

What about quests? Will you still get the quests for your legendary artifacts along with the battles, or will they just unlock or be obtained by simpler missions with no battles?

Will all game mechanics form WH1 and 2 be carried over? So Influence, Slaves, Monster Hunts etc..

• VladdyVladdy Registered Users Posts: 400
    edictzero said:

Maybe DE will get heavy Chaos Invasion.
  • TyrionLamperougeTyrionLamperouge Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 268
    Most southlands are not in the map.
    So it seems no new position for LL like Ungrim and Azhag maybe we will see them as a breand new feature for game 3 mega map that clearly it wont be the datamined (just 99.99% accuracy).
    In these 2 years C.A. never disappoint.
  • epic_159733334416fIMS2ngepic_159733334416fIMS2ng Registered Users Posts: 5
    Can't wait to conquer the pyramid of nagash as dwarf.
    Having a Runelord with his mount + Pyramid, my dwarf army will a standard magic resist of 50% ^.^
  • uriakuriak Registered Users Posts: 3,421
    For fixing the DE issue (or any part of the map without much opposition, the cool way would be to have the most resources being in the hotly contested zones. If one heartland province is worth 2 of the less dense areas it could work.

The 10 slots capitals, specific buildings and income resources are already providing this in parts, but it may not be enough. Still places like Marienburg are worth fighting for.
  • bofaasbofaas Registered Users Posts: 91
    So is Skavenblight a occupiable city/Provence because I don't see it's name where it should be?