Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Mortal Empires Campaign Map Reveal

Comments

• CragsclawCragsclaw Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 112

Cragsclaw said:

Xihu said:

The only thing that makes me skeptical of this is that the ME map reveal shows the Nagashizzar province with borders and mountains slightly faded out, almost like CA was hinting at Nagash for ME.

My whole speculation on Chaos Dwarves, Ogres, and Realms of Chaos is nothing more than wishful thinking based on that reveal, but I do think that Nagashizzar will appear in ME at least. It would give the Tomb Kings a true enemy to face against as well.

In game 1 you could already make out parts of southlands and fragments east of the mountains. That is because, as the datamined map identified, a version of the entire three game map is already present in the game engine/data. So that no indicator that factions that do not fit into the playable map area will be expansions in the current game 2

Especially as no DLC yet has added playable map area, only lords and units.
    Wood Elves made Athel Loren playable, before it had been impassable Terra Incognita

I was thinking more of expanding rather then tweaking what was there, but yeah in truth I had forgotten Athel Loren having not been accessible pre wood elves.
  • Wargol5Wargol5 Registered Users Posts: 1,362
    Xihu said:

Did anyone else notice that the province where Nagashizzar is located has borders already made? I'm certain that it will not be playable on release of ME on Oct 26th, but the fact that there are already borders/mountains assigned hints to me that Nagash will be a DLC faction/LL for ME. This also means that there are already provinces designated/created within the Dark Lands...

What if all of the Darklands will be released as DLC as part of the ME/TWW2 map? Chaos Dwarfs and Ogres are both MORTAL afterall.

If the Darklands and Chaos Dwarfs/Ogres are released for game 2, then what will make up game 3? There wouldn't be enough land/factions to make it enjoyable. Well, CA has hinted that they named the combined map for game 2 "Mortal Empires" because there will be immortal factions that will make up game 3 - aka Daemons of Chaos. This is a Total War game, and part of the Total War experience in campaign is to build up your own cities/towns to create you soldiers from. Daemons exist in the Warp, and they would not build settlements in the Mortal Realm - They're goal is to destroy civilization afterall. This leads me to think that game 3 will be titled "TWW3: The Great Game" named after the eternal competition that the Chaos Gods have with one another, and that the actual game map will not exist in the mortal realm, but that CA will actually create an entirely new map which will encompass the 4 main Chaos Realms (see attached image).

Personally, I'm starting to think that the Darklands will actually be part of TWW2: Mortal Empires, this is further reinforced by the Nagashizzar province shown on this ME map reveal. TWW3: The Great Game will pit the 4 Chaos Gods against each other for domination of the Warp. They might even have a feature where you need to influence the mortal world through agent characters, setting up Chaos Cults in designated areas of your choice. The Chaos cults/agents would be instrumental in creating some form of portal to allow the Daemons of Chaos armies (which will be created in the Chaos Realms map, and which were, up until the portal's completion, fighting with the other Gods' armies in the Warp) to actually invade the mortal world.

This is probably WAY to ambitious, but seeing Nagashizzar has me speculating. It could simply mean that CA has already designated provinces for the Darklands in game 3, it could mean that Nagashizzar will be released in ME to counter the Tomb Kings, but the rest of the Darklands will be reserved for game 3... but the fact that CA explicitly chose "MORTAL EMPIRES" as their title for the combined map of TWW2 does lead me to think that they will have all of the Darklands for this game, and game 3 will include a map for the Realms of Chaos.

I don't think its a good idea to make a map for the realms of chaos since mortals armies won't survive long in there.
    It's already hard enough to survive in the chaos wastes...
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIRegistered Users Posts: 7,165
    RoC has as good a chance, or even less, than Cathay, Ind, and Nippon.

Nothing in WHFB could survive the Warp without being actively protected by a god, a Slann, or some crazy powerful High Elf mage. Even then, it would be for just a short time. In 40k they can only survive while a Gellar Field is active, and nothing in WHFB is as capable as a Gellar Field.
    Thrones of Britannia: 69/100
    Warhammer II: 73/100
    Warhammer: 79/100
    Attila: 70/100 [Age of Charlemagne: 72/100]
    Rome II: 49/100
    Shogun II: 93/100 [Fall of the Samurai: 95/100]
    Napoleon: 58/100
    Empire: 53/100
    Medieval II: 90/100 [Kingdoms: 90/100]
    Rome I: 88/100
    Medieval I: 92/100
    Shogun I: 84/100
  • Cactus2Cactus2 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 97
    In WHFB "Realms of Chaos" means the landscape surrounding the northern polar gate. In 40k terms it's more like a demon world than the Warp.

I agree that it's a silly idea for the third campaign setting.
  • kmansp38kmansp38 Registered Users Posts: 204
    This map looks kinda dissapointing- the new world looks like it was just squished in. Most of the new world is barely there. And look at the southern desert area- nothing is there. Hoping it's bigger/more expanded than this picture leads on.
    i7 9700K
    Nvidia 2070 Super 8GB
    16 GB Ram
    Samsung M.2 1GB
    Windows 10
  • SivenSiven Registered Users Posts: 133
    edited October 2017
    Just watched Lionhearts video on Mortal Empires map.

And having now seen the changes to Southlands and Lustria...it really disappoints me.

Southlands and Lustria have been rotated, squished, moved all over the place.....they look butchered from the WH2 map :(

I knew there would be changes, but didnt think the changes would be so massive.

Just look at the map changes to Krok-gar and Mazdamundi start positions.

Edit: After actually looking at my old Warhammer world maps (googled them too) the changes to Southlands and Lustria actually look correct, so the WH2 map is wrong to me now lol. Still shame about Ulthuan position, Naggaroth squishing and cutting off the south though.
    Post edited by Siven on
  • kmansp38kmansp38 Registered Users Posts: 204
    Siven said:

And having now seen the changes to Southlands and Lustria...it really disappoints me.

Southlands and Lustria have been rotated, squished, moved all over the place.....they look butchered from the WH2 map :(

kinda dissapointing. :( I was really looking forward to this expanded map, but it does kinda look like they went the cheap rout- just squished in the new world. Ugh.
    i7 9700K
    Nvidia 2070 Super 8GB
    16 GB Ram
    Samsung M.2 1GB
    Windows 10
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,804

From Heir of Carthage.

Relates to the previous LL talk

Middenland and Mousillon were ported over to Warhammer 2 so if Boris and Red Duke won't be finished why bother putting their Factions into Custom/Multiplayer for the second game?
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• UrgatUrgat Registered Users Posts: 996
    So, now that, as expected, we didn't get the underempire, people are switching to the chaos realm? You never learn, do you :p

Middenland and Mousillon were ported over to Warhammer 2 so if Boris and Red Duke won't be finished why bother putting their Factions into Custom/Multiplayer for the second game?

Because they are available in Warhammer I MP as factions and therefore have to be playable in Warhammer II MP.
    MrJade said:

Because they are available in Warhammer I MP as factions and therefore have to be playable in Warhammer II MP.
    Does bring the question on why the game 2 second factions aren't on MP/Custom battle then.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

MrJade said:

Does bring the question on why the game 2 second factions aren't on MP/Custom battle then.
    Their lords are just in the main factions. CA could have done the same but simply 1:1 porting is less work. Morathi is a part of Malekith's faction. They could have done the same with the Red Duke or Toris Bodbringer but a port is easier I'm sure.
  • DarthgolfDarthgolf Registered Users Posts: 23
    Siven said:

I know that feel. :(

It really destroy my hype. Now I wonder in TW3 we will get the same.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 9,860
    edited October 2017
    Having seen a video of the new map I'm actually feeling it looks a lot better than what I thought. Sea looks bigger than what I actually thought, as well as the landmass. While it is sad to lose the tips of Lustria and the Southlands they both still manage to look interesting.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • SivenSiven Registered Users Posts: 133
    After actually looking at my old Warhammer world maps (googled them too) the changes to Southlands and Lustria actually look correct, so the WH2 map is wrong to me now lol.

Still shame about Ulthuan position, Naggaroth squishing and cutting off the south though.

I'm actually now more interested in playing ME than WH2 campaign.....guess having a relatively accurate map is important to my enjoyment of the game considering how long i played the tabletop as a kid and young teen.
  • GrafEchoGrafEcho Registered Users Posts: 35
    I have been waiting with my friend since game release to play coop empire campaign.
    We tried with mods but game ruining crashes. Every single update I wait for it. Maybe Old
    Friend update? no, maybe the final patch for old world? no, surely mortal empires they even
    said some old lords might get moved? no.

To those of you I say this, every other faction can co-op. Imagine if you waited so long and
    hoping every time for something so simple to be implemented and every time you are disappointed.
    GrafEcho said:

I have been waiting with my friend since game release to play coop empire campaign.
    We tried with mods but game ruining crashes. Every single update I wait for it. Maybe Old
    Friend update? no, maybe the final patch for old world? no, surely mortal empires they even
    said some old lords might get moved? no.

To those of you I say this, every other faction can co-op. Imagine if you waited so long and
    hoping every time for something so simple to be implemented and every time you are disappointed.

Should be complaining that CA never finished Boris the Leader of Middenland since the game has classed him as a Legendary Lord since Beastmen DLC.

• SpinoSpino Registered Users Posts: 18
    edited October 2017
    Darthgolf said:

Siven said:

I know that feel. :(

It really destroy my hype. Now I wonder in TW3 we will get the same.
    Well the outcome will probably be the same for WH3 as it was for WH2. The WH3 campaign will probably include the Dragon Isles and a good portion of the Mountains of Mourn, areas that appear to be non-existent (Dragon Isles) and greatly mitigated (Mountains of Mourn) based on the darkened areas of the ME map and the leaked Russian datamine map.

Ultimately the ME/datamined map IS the foundation of the combined campaign map for WH3.
  • XihuXihu Registered Users Posts: 27
    Cragsclaw said:

Cragsclaw said:

Xihu said:

The only thing that makes me skeptical of this is that the ME map reveal shows the Nagashizzar province with borders and mountains slightly faded out, almost like CA was hinting at Nagash for ME.

My whole speculation on Chaos Dwarves, Ogres, and Realms of Chaos is nothing more than wishful thinking based on that reveal, but I do think that Nagashizzar will appear in ME at least. It would give the Tomb Kings a true enemy to face against as well.

In game 1 you could already make out parts of southlands and fragments east of the mountains. That is because, as the datamined map identified, a version of the entire three game map is already present in the game engine/data. So that no indicator that factions that do not fit into the playable map area will be expansions in the current game 2

Especially as no DLC yet has added playable map area, only lords and units.
    Wood Elves made Athel Loren playable, before it had been impassable Terra Incognita

I was thinking more of expanding rather then tweaking what was there, but yeah in truth I had forgotten Athel Loren having not been accessible pre wood elves.
    No, I think you're missing it. There are mountains and provincial borders shown that are faded. I'm not talking about the ones that existed in TWW1 (look a little East of those). These provincial borders did not exist on the TWW1 map.
  • HarconnHarconn Registered Users Posts: 943
    Wow, the ME campaign selection is pretts worse than the selection from game one,... just faces instead of races/factions. Don't know why CA did this.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________

My German Youtube-Channel - Let's Plays (Strategy, RPG, Indie,...): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChwblqvwr8XxKP0GzCcUb8Q
  • Lord_XelosLord_Xelos Registered Users Posts: 1,806
    Siven said:

Edit: After actually looking at my old Warhammer world maps (googled them too) the changes to Southlands and Lustria actually look correct, so the WH2 map is wrong to me now lol. Still shame about Ulthuan position, Naggaroth squishing and cutting off the south though.

In terms of shape ME map is more faithfull to the source than Vortex map. In terms of sizes and severely cut continents right through the middle it's the worst possible design ever though.
  • RYANS319RYANS319 Registered Users Posts: 175
    I’m torn with the map. On one side I understand having to shrink the size of Ulthuan and other areas but on the other hand I feel like they could have spread out the areas with a little more ocean. I’m still excited to play ME. An issue I have though, what happened with the future DLC factions. Where will the Liazardmen factions go? Where will the DE factions go? You already shrunk the land you could place them at.
  • mkaluzamkaluza Registered Users Posts: 115
    RYANS319 said:

I’m torn with the map. On one side I understand having to shrink the size of Ulthuan and other areas but on the other hand I feel like they could have spread out the areas with a little more ocean. I’m still excited to play ME. An issue I have though, what happened with the future DLC factions. Where will the Liazardmen factions go? Where will the DE factions go? You already shrunk the land you could place them at.

I doubt that there will be more factions placed in naggaroth and lustria.
    And while the southlands lost the tip in the south they gained land in the east.
    Is double as wide as in the Vortex Campain. Also there is enough place for the dlc factions by getting rid of the placeholder factions.
    THWH3 needs Monogods Factions and the Chaos Realms. Without it it's not Warhammer.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,375

0:23

BORIS, WHILE MENTIONING LLS! FOR MIDDENLAND! FOR ULRIC!
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!

#PrayForBorisBokha (don't you dare kill of one of the 2 bigname Kislev characters in Backstory... he's the Bear guy!)

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • GrafEchoGrafEcho Registered Users Posts: 35

0:23

BORIS, WHILE MENTIONING LLS! FOR MIDDENLAND! FOR ULRIC!

That is the biggest hint we have had so far. It would be nice it was included with the update.
  • VladdyVladdy Registered Users Posts: 400
    Not tomorrow, but today!
    We stand for BORIS! BORIS! BORIS!
  • PirocinetaPirocineta Registered Users Posts: 130
    Boris! Boris! Boris!
  • HorskiHorski Registered Users Posts: 38
    edited October 2017
    mkaluza said:

RYANS319 said:

I doubt that there will be more factions placed in naggaroth and lustria.
    And while the southlands lost the tip in the south they gained land in the east.
    Is double as wide as in the Vortex Campain. Also there is enough place for the dlc factions by getting rid of the placeholder factions.
    Har Ganeth will get crone Helebron, so that's an LL in naggaroth. Itza has 10 slots so hints at another Lizardmen LL in lustria. There is no way they will leave so much empty space untouched.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 9,860
    Hellebron comes when/if she is officially confirmed. Anything else is more or less fanciful speculation.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,541
    Whelan has already said that he isn't in ME and that he's only in custom and multiplayer and it wasn't a hint or anything.
    SiWI: "no they just hate you and I don't blame them."