Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Unable to launch Warhammer II? - Public Beta now available

Comments

• ChimbetChimbet Posts: 2Registered Users
    Te beta works for me!! Bit un so afraid to install mortal empires. It is posible that the Game crash again when i install this free DLC??
  • MarraquetamonMarraquetamon Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    Doofy1997 said:

If i click on play, steam says it's starting but after that it's just synchronising and nothing happenes.

i wasn't even able to start it once

Same here.
    I try the betam nothing happens
  • SinsinaTSinsinaT Posts: 17Registered Users
    These are my two Documents I too have this issue, CA probably should release a fix patch for this issue since many people have this problem.
  • yin26yin26 Posts: 2Registered Users
    Beta works for me, but I also did the Fall Creators update for Windows 10 first. Not sure if that matters.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028685/windows-10-get-the-fall-creators-update

Sorry for folks who are still stuck, but thanks to CA for the beta.
  • SinsinaTSinsinaT Posts: 17Registered Users
    SinsinaT said:

These are my two Documents I too have this issue, CA probably should release a fix patch for this issue since many people have this problem.

no I am able to run the game with the 1.01 beta update but the mortal empire DLC is not in the game eventhough it is installed. Any solution?
  • Pingu28Pingu28 Posts: 52Registered Users
    edited November 2017
    Come on CA! The least you can do is give us all an update on your progress regarding this issue.

Some people have had their game broken for over a month. I've had this issue for over two weeks now.
  • AristodemusAristodemus Junior Member Posts: 9Registered Users
    For the past few weeks the game has been broken for me. When I'd hit 'play' on the Steam game menu beside Warhammer II would appear: RUNNING... SYNCING. Then nothing.

For a while, verifying my game cache helped. Usually would say there was a problem with 1-4 files, which would be reacquired, then I'd reboot my machine and the game would work.

If the game crashed, which is usually every time I play, I'd have to go through this entire process to get the game to work. Talk about frustrating.

Then a few days the verify game cache fix stopped working. Tried the beta. Tried replacing the preferences script. Nadda. RUNNING... SYNCING.... NOTHING.

Deleted the game yesterday and reinstalled it. Now it seems to be working fine. Hope it lasts.
  • TonberryTonberry Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    Hello, a few days ago, all my Total War games (Empire, Shogun 2, Attila and Warhammer 1-2) have been unable to work properly. For Empire and Shogun 2, the game seem to start, I heard the sound and the mouse cursor is showing but the game only show a small rectangle on the top left of my screen. Attila and Warhammer 1-2 simply don’t start at all and provoke an event 1000 in the event viewer with Warhammer2.exe being the problematic file.

Here’s what I did for each games :

· Restart Steam
    · Verify integrity of game file
    · Deactivate my firewall
    · Try offline mode
    · Delete the game folder located in AppData/Roaming/The Creative Assembly
    · Repair Total War WARHAMMER II\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010\DXSETUP.exe
    · Repair Total War WARHAMMER II\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2010\vcredist_x64.exe
    · Repair Total War WARHAMMER II\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2010\vcredist_x86.exe
    · Repair Total War WARHAMMER II\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2013\vcredist_x64.exe
    · Repair Total War WARHAMMER II\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2013\vcredist_x86.exe ·
    · Delete and re-install the game

I did manage to get Attila to start by replacing the launcher.exe file with the Attila.exe but that didn’t work for the others games.

I don’t have any mods installed.

Finally, I've try the beta on Warhammer 2 and still not working. Here's the files requested:

Thanks for your help.

• NioNio Posts: 1Registered Users
    Here are my two files and I don't use any mods (don't know if that's visible in the files :D).
    Hello CA,

I see you didn't feel like updating anyone of your progress regarding the issues starting the game many of us are having. That's a shame.

I'm updating you about the fact that my game has now been broken exactly three weeks.

Abundant thanks,

Pingu
  • mreeves449mreeves449 Posts: 9Registered Users
    yep, same problem....i can launch from the game icon, but no through the launcher and i like running mods. No launcher = no mods.

as a big fan of the game and overall franchise kind of disappointed....
  • TonberryTonberry Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited November 2017
    I revert to the previous version of Windows 10 and everything work fine now so it seem that the Windows update is the problem. Let's hope for a patch soon!
  • LomentinoLomentino Posts: 2Registered Users
    Same game broked aboue 3-4 weeks.. Its redicilous... When Warh 1 realised was no problems with warh 2 10001 problems.. CA What your problem ?
  • EliantEliant Posts: 1Registered Users
    Hello sorry for my bad english.
    I had same problem as you guys (only version 1.0 working). I saw some guy post that unpluging and pluging monitor helped him, it looked kinda troublesome so i trayed lowering my screen resolution from 1920x1080 (native) to 1024x768. Than lunched game and it worked..... no idea why. I got my game to normal resolution and same for screen, and it still lunched normaly. Hope it help.
    Eliant said:

I had same problem as you guys (only version 1.0 working). I saw some guy post that unpluging and pluging monitor helped him, it looked kinda troublesome so i trayed lowering my screen resolution from 1920x1080 (native) to 1024x768. Than lunched game and it worked..... no idea why. I got my game to normal resolution and same for screen, and it still lunched normaly. Hope it help.

Thanks for posting your fix but no it doesn't work for me.
  • CrotouCrotou Junior Member Posts: 52Registered Users
    Eliant said:

oÔ Thank you so much! It worked for me. lmao
  • gholingholin Member Posts: 1,092Registered Users
    It seems the reprisal beta has fixed my crashing. I hope that it continues into the reprisal release! Have people tried that here? See if it works now.
    Doesn't work for me. Still nothing.
  • gholingholin Member Posts: 1,092Registered Users
    Pingu28 said:

Doesn't work for me. Still nothing.

Crap :( I'm so sorry! I re-iterate that I hope CA addresses these issues and gives us some info ASAP. This isn't cool at all.
    Thanks to everyone for posting their fixes though. One of them might yet work for those of us still having issues.
  • Moses1807Moses1807 Posts: 2Registered Users
    What the? I had same issues as everyone else. Tried all suggestions and still no luck. A friend had a look at it and found that if he disabled the Realtek HD Audio device in Device Manager the game loads and plays just fine! What? The game plays but have no sound at all and if I enable the device after starting a game it freezes very quickly and then have to reboot the PC again. Hmm...what's going on here. An issue with the Realtek audio device/drivers is causing the game to freeze on the Warhammer II load screen and preventing the game from loading. Now what?
  • warpmasterdarren71warpmasterdarren71 Posts: 4Registered Users
    @Moses1807

You deserve extra cake at xmas my friend.Bingo game working again after
    I've just reinstalled steam. Still nothing. I think I will just ask for a refund. This is absurd. I have never had this problem with a game before or experienced such a lousy level of customer service.
  • nedlehnedleh Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited December 2017
    Here are my files. Hope you can find the problem.

UPDATE:

After taking @BillyRuffian ways to repair my files game now works. Thanks Billy.
    Post edited by nedleh on
  • dcsorn914dcsorn914 Posts: 2Registered Users
    Hello,

I have tried everything on these forums to obviously no avail. I really hope you can help me out here. The information you need is at the bottom, thanks.

• Moneyman6000Moneyman6000 Posts: 4Registered Users
    I've opted into the beta and the download stops at 81.6/88.2 and began "Pre allocating" again. Like, seriously? CA games are the only ones I EVER have issues with. Get with it.
  • Moneyman6000Moneyman6000 Posts: 4Registered Users
    Maybe if we bug EA enough they will respond. OH SHOOT I mean CA...or is there a difference?
  • TheodoriantheGreatTheodoriantheGreat Posts: 4Registered Users
    Mine has started working after i deleted steam and reinstalled...

I had tried that twice before and nothing, so confused why it has worked this time. Not that I am complaining!

Hopefully this gets resolved for everyone soon. If i figure out what was different during this install I will let the group know.
    Hello CA,

My game has now been broken a month. I have given you the files you requested so you could fix the problem. Do you feel inclined to offer me and your many other customers experiencing severe technical problems with your game an update regarding your progress fixing the issues we're having?

Thanks so much,

Pingu
  • MichuX1MichuX1 Posts: 14Registered Users
    It is over a month, my game doesn't work. Please at least answer us how long it could last like this?
This discussion has been closed.