Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Unable to launch Warhammer II? - Public Beta now available

Comments

• Moneyman6000Moneyman6000 Posts: 4Registered Users
    edited December 2017
    Yo, this seriously works. Go to scripts in your appdata folder. Delete the preferences and PUT THIS FILE IN THERE INSTEAD. You change yoru settings when you get in game back to fullscreen or whatever you want.

This was suggested on this forum, but it got buried. I dug deep for it. Try it out and if it works for you please say so. More attention this gets the better.

DO NOT uncheck "windowed mode" or you will have to do this all over again. Change everything else, but run it in windowed mode.
  • MichuX1MichuX1 Posts: 14Registered Users
    It doesn't work for me sadly :/
  • inchwiseinchwise Posts: 1Registered Users
    Hi all,

I was suffering from this issue, the logging beta worked for me, but I tried updating to the main version again in the latest patch (hoping the logging beta fix was packaged with it) and the main version is still not working for me.

I guess I can play logging in the meantime, but my friends are playing multiplayer on the main version, so I really want to play with them again.

Is there any news on when this fix might be rolled out to the main version of the game?
  • Moneyman6000Moneyman6000 Posts: 4Registered Users
    MichuX1 said:

It doesn't work for me sadly :/

Walk me through what happens? You open steam, open the launcher, hit play and then nothing?
  • MichuX1MichuX1 Posts: 14Registered Users
    It is like that. I open steam, open the launcher, hit play, then there is loading screen. Game stop working at loading screen and there is no other option than close it.

I have to say that earlier the game was fine, i spent over 40 hours and there wasn't any problems but one time game crash on campaing map and now i cant go further than loading screen.

Thanks for your help.
  • Pingu28Pingu28 Posts: 52Registered Users
    Hi CA,

Just another update from me. It is coming up on six weeks since my game broke and will go no further than the loading screen. I have received no assistance from any CA representative nor have I been offered any indication as to when a fix will be available or even if one is being worked on.

Thanks so much for your time,

Pingu
  • DAHEIGDAHEIG Posts: 2Registered Users
    Hello there. Just got the game today (on physical CD). Installed it and tried to run it but have only got complete crashes. Every time I try to run Total War Warhammer II I click on play from the Total War start screen, it goes to a black screen with the mouse icon as a spinning blue wheel, after about ten seconds I get a crash report. I see nothing apart from the black screen. I've tried running offline, adding to firewall exceptions, turning off steam overlay, and deleting the total war warhammer II folder from the C:/Users/Username/AppData/Roaming/TheCreativeAssembly folder. I've now run it in the logging beta and not managed to run it.
    Logs attached.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated - I really want to be able to play this game!
  • DAHEIGDAHEIG Posts: 2Registered Users
    @Moneyman6000 Your suggestion worked. Thank you so much. Everyone else - give that a go.
  • superunkn0wnsuperunkn0wn Posts: 1Registered Users
    Tried your beta but didn't work out. Here's a thing: if i immediatly push the play button the game start but as soon as i try to load a campaign the game crash again. I'am having this problem since 4-3 days when windows tried to install some new updates but maybe it's not the problem idk
  • Baron_VilhelmBaron_Vilhelm Posts: 9Registered Users
    game wont start. get black screen of death last 3 weeks. just thinks about it after clicking launch in steam and then it does nothing and crashes.
    what I have tried, uninstalling, then re installing.
    deleting script and log file.
    changing it to logging beta
    all do nothing
    all by my self, dont wanna be
    all by my self
  • tataus2011tataus2011 Posts: 6Registered Users
    - WARHAMMER AND WARHAMMER II, both launchesr broken, just after the beta finished

- I suspect some dlls have been deleted at the end of the beta.
    - (some kind of "uninstall" ???)

Cause Im having a few running issues since the end of the beta
    Pingu28 said:

Hi CA,

Just another update from me. It is coming up on six weeks since my game broke and will go no further than the loading screen. I have received no assistance from any CA representative nor have I been offered any indication as to when a fix will be available or even if one is being worked on.

Thanks so much for your time,

Pingu

Coming up on two months since my game broke. No fix in sight.
    CA support online points u to rubbish FAQ and then here. its a joke why wont some one who represents the company look into the issue and help.
    TW and CA still no help or comment, even just to say we are trying.
  • PolloGrandePolloGrande Posts: 1Registered Users
    This game has only worked for me twice since launch. Keeps on freezing on the title screen. Here is the launch log and DxDiag.

Total War team, could I please have your postal address for a written formal complaint.
    Hello CA,

My game has now been broken for exactly two months. Needless to say, I am not pleased. I think I have actually tried every single fix suggested on this forum and none of them have made any difference. Every time I try to load the game I get the loading screen then a 'WH TW II has stopped working, windows will close the programme error' message.

I am a loyal CA customer, and I own most of the TW series, including both Romes, Attila and WH TW 1. I was also intending to purchase some of the DLCs for WH TW II when they arrived. I understand people have different specs on their computers so these issues can take some time to fix, but two months is too much.

Regards,

Pingu
  • NyurgaNyurga Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited January 2018
    Since the Laboratory update my game is completely unplayable. Every time i started, it freeze or crash. I even cannot use my loads, and also cant start a new campaign, or custom battle. Reinstalled twice, but nothing....
  • eToreTor Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited January 2018
    Black screen then crashes when I hit play button - just bought the game - tried Beta Logging - no difference tried preferences.txt - no difference.

Any chance that tect support can help?

John.
    customer service here is ****, since this is the page that TW and CA direct you to if you are having issues. get ur house in order. I will more than happily send u an invoice for a new computer
    Pingu28 said:

Hello CA,

My game has now been broken for exactly two months. Needless to say, I am not pleased. I think I have actually tried every single fix suggested on this forum and none of them have made any difference. Every time I try to load the game I get the loading screen then a 'WH TW II has stopped working, windows will close the programme error' message.

I am a loyal CA customer, and I own most of the TW series, including both Romes, Attila and WH TW 1. I was also intending to purchase some of the DLCs for WH TW II when they arrived. I understand people have different specs on their computers so these issues can take some time to fix, but two months is too much.

Regards,

Pingu

Another two weeks and no sign of any support or a fix ...
  • StandardGingeStandardGinge Posts: 2Registered Users
    My Game stopped working on the 24th of December 2017, i have tried every method suggested in this forum and think by now i must have uninstalled and re-installed the game about 5 times and steam, all my other games deleted in the effort to try and fix Warhammer 2. I even tweeted at CA and they told me to tweet at total war and since then I've had no response . its getting frustrating as Warhammer 2 up until 24th of December was my my favourite game but now its just become a headache. PLease CA at least show a presence in this thread so we know what is going on because the zero communication is making the frustration worse.
  • BulyginBulygin Posts: 4Registered Users
    Hello, Creative Assembly!
    I cannot launch Warhammer 2.
    See attached launcher_log.txt and DxDiag.txt
  • CirueloCiruelo Posts: 107Registered Users
    MichuX1 said:
    Thanks man that worked for me too

• tfwoods3tfwoods3 Posts: 843Registered Users
    Disabling my AVG anti virus during launch fixed my issue
This discussion has been closed.