Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Unable to launch Warhammer II? - Public Beta now available

123457»

Comments

• Pingu28Pingu28 Posts: 52Registered Users
    Hi CA,

Very soon it will be three months with a broken game and no fix or even adirect response from CA employee and an apology for being sold a product that does not work ...

Best wishes,

Pingu
  • TheCatTheCat Junior Member Posts: 10Registered Users
    Hi CA,

Very soon it will be three months with a broken game and no fix or even adirect response from CA employee and an apology for being sold a product that does not work ...

Best wishes,

Pingu

There's only one way to force them to solve this issue. Not buying another Total War until they show some dedication to solve this issue.
  • KalyafiKalyafi Posts: 1Registered Users
    CA team - just bought the game and when I try to start it, it says "running" for a second and then nothing; the launcher doesn't even start. Tried starting through the launcher by opening up another TW game. No result. Tried verifying game files but no improvement.

Has this been resolved yet or is there a fix I can try?

Thank you
    TheCat said:

Hi CA,

Best wishes,

Pingu

There's only one way to force them to solve this issue. Not buying another Total War until they show some dedication to solve this issue.

I certainly don't intend to, although I don't think that will force their hand in anyway.
  • adj04adj04 Posts: 3Registered Users
    adj04 said:

My laptop with windows 10 and NVIDEA 870m also crashed during start up of the game.
    Tried all the given suggestions on the forum but no succes.
    With the script from CA I was able to open the game in windowed mode, but after changing graphics it crashed again.

In a post from JADEN 1 about GRAPHIC OPTIMIZATION, I found the solution for me.
    To find the compatibility in steam right click steam desktop icon and select properties, then click compatibility, then run program in compatibility for windows 7

I deleted the script from CA and with Steam in windows 7 compatibility it works like a charm!

Hopefully this works for other people as wel

• TheCatTheCat Junior Member Posts: 10Registered Users
    I found a simple solution that works for me.

Open steam. In the upper left corner click om steam. Open settings. Go to downloads. On the bottom there is a button called 'clear download cache'. Press that button. You need to restart steam . Your username and password will also be cleared . Start the game. Should be working now.
  • thetrueromanthetrueroman Posts: 1Registered Users
    CA,
    Having the exact same issue, followed steps and logging beta is not working! Here are my files!

Hi CA,

My game has now been broken for over three months. I have been posting here ever since. I have given you my files twice. You have never even responded to me directly, not even to apologise and say 'we're working on it.'

Kind regards

Pingu
  • lorisdslorisds Posts: 1Registered Users
    hi,
    these my files.
    CTD after hitting play on the launcher, crash before the screen logo with a windows pop up message "Programm not working anymore" or something like that and thats it
    Pingu28 said:

Hi CA,

My game has now been broken for over three months. I have been posting here ever since. I have given you my files twice. You have never even responded to me directly, not even to apologise and say 'we're working on it.'

Kind regards

Pingu

Three months and a week and not a peep from CA! I am not going to go away CA. You at least owe me an apology for a broken game that defies all attempts to fix it and for ignoring me for more than three months.

Regards,

Pingu
  • LakosPolanLakosPolan Posts: 3Registered Users
    Here's what fixed it to me

opt in into Login beta
    restart steam
    run the game as administrator with warhammer2.exe, trying to turn the game on in any other way keeps crashing the launcher.
  • LakosPolanLakosPolan Posts: 3Registered Users
    OK now I actually found the issue

It was the MSI afterburner with Riva tuner statistic server in beta version, that caused my launcher to crash. The game instantly runs normally with those two programs turned off.
    Hi CA,

After more than three months, and with no help or even basic contact from you, my game is currently working. For how long I do not know. It may crash again. The issue seems to have been solved by repeated lobotomies.

I want to say thanks to all the posters who helpfully posted their fixes. That's a great thing to do. It really helps.

Cheers,

Pingu
    edited February 2018
    Here is the link to the sega page with instructions for the lobotomy which eventually fixed my game (for now).

It did not work for me first time, and I reinstalled the game, and reinstalled steam multiple times before my third lobotomy of the game worked. Be sure to delete the appdata folder as well as the warhammer 2 folder.

Best wishes,

Pingu
This discussion has been closed.