Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What is Mortal Empires?

CA_WhelanCA_Whelan Posts: 681Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff, Community Team
Some stats and facts to sate your appetite on the build up to Mortal Empires!

Comments

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 8,930Registered Users
    edited October 2017

0:21

BORIS, WHILE MENTIONING LLS! FOR MIDDENLAND! FOR ULRIC!

"As long as the fire of the Great Temple lasts, Middenheim and Middenland will never fall."

—Boris Todbringer, Elector of Middenheim[1a]

Boris Todbringer, known by his full title as Elector Count Boris Todbringer, Graf of Middenheim, Grand Duke of Middenland, Prince of Carroburg, Protector of the Drakwald, Warden of the Middle Mountains, Beloved of Ulric,[8a]
    Every wrong is recorded! Every slight against us! Page after Page, etched in blood! Clan Gunnison! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman!

Yes! to Boris Todbringer as playable, subfaction leading Legendary Lord with Starting Position Middenheim instead for the Empire! NO to the lazy way of moving Gelt and Volkmar who both belong to Reikland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • Derfel82Derfel82 Posts: 121Registered Users
    @CA_Whelan please, don't be cruel.... you can't show Todbringer right in the exact moment you talk about legendary lords..... ;_;
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,207Registered Users
    @CA_Whelan That is Boris Todbringer right?
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 5,194Registered Users
    Tis gonna be a ball!
    Lord of the Undermountain
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Posts: 2,113Registered Users
  • ReeksReeks Posts: 1,384Registered Users
    The Boris hype just got very real!
  • OMGitsJoemoOMGitsJoemo Posts: 96Registered Users
    edited October 2017
    BORIS **** TODBRINGER!

PLS CA WE NEED HIM
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 8,930Registered Users
    CA, you wouldn't want to disappoint these guys... would you? WOULD YOU?!?

Every wrong is recorded! Every slight against us! Page after Page, etched in blood! Clan Gunnison! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman!

Yes! to Boris Todbringer as playable, subfaction leading Legendary Lord with Starting Position Middenheim instead for the Empire! NO to the lazy way of moving Gelt and Volkmar who both belong to Reikland!

• BlaeysBlaeys Junior Member Posts: 710Registered Users
    I wouldn't read too much into Boris showing up alongside legendary lords in this video. Oftentimes, these videos are developed by people outside the development team who are just looking for a good visual - not an accurate representation of what is going to be in the game. My guess is his inclusion wasn't meant to indicate anything other than a designer thinking he looked good in that shot.

It is likely we will get him eventually (hopefully), but I wouldn't expect him Thursday.
  • LestaTLestaT Senior Member Posts: 2,939Registered Users
    Well, he is playable in MP already.
  • NopeacejustwarNopeacejustwar Posts: 659Registered Users
    What is mortal empires?

Not finished.....

Sorry couldn’t resist. I’ll see myself out.

• baronblackbaronblack Posts: 3,052Registered Users
    I made a thread about this in the past. Seems I was right if they release Boris and Red Duke for ME.
  • CA_WhelanCA_Whelan Posts: 681Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff, Community Team
    Boris is available in multiplayer/custom battles, that's why he's included in the video. Calm down guys!
  • BiesBies Junior Member Posts: 1,446Registered Users
    edited October 2017
    Now we know what special task team was doing after norsca ^^
    CA_Whelan said:

Boris is available in multiplayer/custom battles, that's why he's included in the video. Calm down guys!

Lies !! It cannot be / hype train just left station =P
    Khaela Furdiekh Mensha Farmiekh Khaine!

edited October 2017
    Blaeys said:

I wouldn't read too much into Boris showing up alongside legendary lords in this video. Oftentimes, these videos are developed by people outside the development team who are just looking for a good visual - not an accurate representation of what is going to be in the game. My guess is his inclusion wasn't meant to indicate anything other than a designer thinking he looked good in that shot.

It is likely we will get him eventually (hopefully), but I wouldn't expect him Thursday.

Yeah... i wouldn't be surprised if the guys making the Video found Boris in the Lord selection screen of the Empire or so and went "OK, He's an Empire LL, lets include him. He fits more with Tyrion etc. than Gelt or Volkmar"

But still BELOVED OF ULRIC OR RIOT!
    CA_Whelan said:

The answer we don't want

CA_Whelan said:

Grrr, release him from the multiplayer cage and we will grant the Team the Sigmar's Blessing!
  • SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Posts: 666Registered Users
    CA_Whelan said:

NEVER!
    Boris hype train here we come!

• Phoenix99Phoenix99 Senior Member Posts: 1,036Registered Users
    CA is trolling us, they like to troll their audience once in a while ;) Brois is available only in MP, at least in the foreseeable future (so until Norsca gets implemented and their next big DLC comes in)
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIPosts: 7,136Registered Users
    Anyone who said that CA wouldn't troll us was just proved wrong. See, while my Skaven prediction was wrong, the premise wasn't.
    Thrones of Britannia: 69/100
    Warhammer II: 73/100
    Warhammer: 79/100
    Attila: 70/100 [Age of Charlemagne: 72/100]
    Rome II: 49/100
    Shogun II: 93/100 [Fall of the Samurai: 95/100]
    Napoleon: 58/100
    Empire: 53/100
    Medieval II: 90/100 [Kingdoms: 90/100]
    Rome I: 88/100
    Medieval I: 92/100
    Shogun I: 84/100
  • Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior Member Posts: 1,936Registered Users
    Plz playable Boris and Red Duke! I need them!
  • Overlord87Overlord87 Posts: 780Registered Users
    The hype train has departed, and it has no brakes.
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Posts: 2,113Registered Users
    CA_Whelan said:

Empire 3
    Dwarfs 4
    O&G 4
    VC 5
    Brets 3
    WE 2
    WoC 3
    BoC 3
    Norsca 2
    =29
    =27

+
    HE 2
    DE 2
    Skaven 2
    Lizards 2
    =35

So far so good.

But if "Boris" as MP Lord should be included....
    +Boris
    +Red Duke
    +Sarthorael
    =38?

------Red Dox

• OMGitsJoemoOMGitsJoemo Posts: 96Registered Users
    CA_Whelan said:

I sad now :'(
    btw
    CA_Whelan said:

that reason is a bit like saying:

"Mongols, Timurids and Atztecs are usable in multiplayer/custom battles in Medieval II" After a video like the Mortal Empires video has been made, showing these three factions while talking about the number of playable factions

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,207Registered Users
    CA, there's a news...

• LestaTLestaT Senior Member Posts: 2,939Registered Users
    CA_Whelan said:

By default now or still need Beastmen DLC and completed the campaign?
  • PaulHPaulH Posts: 1,185Registered Users
    I agree, we need old one-eye as an LL, rather than ignoring lore by moving Volkmar or Balthasar Gelt to get a second imperial start position.

Though I'd still rather Mad Marius Leitdorf. They could give him an incredibly fun set of skills and campaign mechanics to do with his madness, we could have his horse in the advisor panel, we could declare wars on bees and fishmen, and cause bretonnia to launch crusades because we call their wifes ugly. That's the kind of campaign I want. :D
    PaulH said:

Though I'd still rather Mad Marius Leitdorf. They could give him an incredibly fun set of skills and campaign mechanics to do with his madness, we could have his horse in the advisor panel, we could declare wars on bees and fishmen, and cause bretonnia to launch crusades because we call their wifes ugly. That's the kind of campaign I want. :D

Why not both?

• TayvarTayvar Posts: 9,478Registered Users

What is mortal empires?

Not finished.....

Sorry couldn’t resist. I’ll see myself out.

Which means a lot of cuts for the new world's map and lack of updates for the old world's factions.
    4 Fully Independent Monogods Armies would be great for a Storyline about the Great Game in Total War: Warhammer 3.