Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What is Mortal Empires?

Comments

• SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Registered Users Posts: 2,194
    :D:D:D

I don't know what you expected CA but this is now an official Boris Todbringer Thread!
  • UrgatUrgat Registered Users Posts: 996
    edited October 2017
    CA_Whelan said:

Boris is available in multiplayer/custom battles, that's why he's included in the video. Calm down guys!

@CA_Whelan
    Come on, how could you not know this would 100% happen? And I'm sorry but it's kindda justified, this video is named "what is ME?", not "What are combined WH1*2 custom battles?". This is honestly a really bad move if you're not being facetious.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,388
    Gents, ye know... tomorrow in the stream... in the chat... the whole Time:

"Where's Boris?!"
    "We want Boris!"
    "Middenheim, please!"
    "Give us playable Boris and Middenland!"
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • DerpyRoxasDerpyRoxas Registered Users Posts: 3,343

"Where's Boris?!"
    "We want Boris!"
    "Middenheim, please!"

We will do it. For Ulric.
  • PLHenryPLHenry Registered Users Posts: 1,436

PaulH said:

Though I'd still rather Mad Marius Leitdorf. They could give him an incredibly fun set of skills and campaign mechanics to do with his madness, we could have his horse in the advisor panel, we could declare wars on bees and fishmen, and cause bretonnia to launch crusades because we call their wifes ugly. That's the kind of campaign I want. :D

Why not both?
    You use a convincing argument.
  • VladdyVladdy Registered Users Posts: 402
    We want BORIS!
    BORIS! BORIS! BORIS!

"Where's Boris?!"
    "We want Boris!"
    "Middenheim, please!"

We will do it. For Ulric.
    And if this doesn't help we will open thread after thread with "Why does CA hate Boris Todbringer?"!
  • Derfel82Derfel82 Registered Users Posts: 122
    So a middle finger, afterall....

So sad.....
  • LestaTLestaT Senior Member Kuala LumpurRegistered Users Posts: 3,318
    Should be 35* instead of 35.
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,286
    CA_Whelan said:

Boris is available in multiplayer/custom battles, that's why he's included in the video. Calm down guys!

Technically it's only for custom battles, because he is not starting lord for multiplayer campaigns.
  • CA_WhelanCA_Whelan Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff, Community Team Posts: 681
    Tayvar said:

CA_Whelan said:

Technically it's only for custom battles, because he is not starting lord for multiplayer campaigns.
    Multiplayer battles, not campaigns
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIRegistered Users Posts: 7,165
    @CA_Whelan isn't community manager fuuuuuuuuuuun?
    Thrones of Britannia: 69/100
    Warhammer II: 73/100
    Warhammer: 79/100
    Attila: 70/100 [Age of Charlemagne: 72/100]
    Rome II: 49/100
    Shogun II: 93/100 [Fall of the Samurai: 95/100]
    Napoleon: 58/100
    Empire: 53/100
    Medieval II: 90/100 [Kingdoms: 90/100]
    Rome I: 88/100
    Medieval I: 92/100
    Shogun I: 84/100
  • Derfel82Derfel82 Registered Users Posts: 122
    @CA_Whelan you could admit it was an imprudence by you guys, and could immagine the reactions...

Really, the main focus of the video was about the Campaign ..
  • DerpyRoxasDerpyRoxas Registered Users Posts: 3,343

Middenlander, show them our wolfy might all together!
    But not our Elector Count! Not today. He is playing cards with the Red Duke in multiplayer!
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,286
    Derfel82 said:

@CA_Whelan you could admit it was an imprudence by you guys, and could immagine the reactions...

Really, the main focus of the video was about the Campaign ..

Yes, showing Count Boris who is still not a full legendary lord, is triggering for a lot of players.
  • NazredNazred Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 974

The thing is a lot of us don't want Gelt or Volkmar moved out of Altdorf. So the possibility of having Boris Toddbringer as the new empire sub-faction was like the saviour we could use.

It's kind of a slap in the face to showcase him as one of the LL on the campaign map to only say that it was just because he is included in custom/multiplayer battle which we already knew. Instead of moving Balthasar or Volkmar just give us Boris as so many on this forum want. Why is this so hard?

• NameAlreadyExistsNameAlreadyExists Registered Users Posts: 168
    It's a nice marketing video, but i would have preferred to see just a simple faq that summarizes the known information and maybe give some answers, what to expect from mortal empires in the future.

Actually, there is so much speculation about cut's, balancing, etc. (especially on reddit), that a official faq rather than individual answers to certain posts would have been nice.
  • LordCommanderLordCommander Registered Users Posts: 2,190
    With Mortal empires can you actually lose as in the Vortex campaign i.e someone completes their vic conditions quicker?
    Just as a warning against making predictions- https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/290416/time-to-admit-there-will-be-no-new-dlc-for-twwh-2#latest

Anyone using the term 'iconic' incorrectly to pad out their dumb argument will be subject to immediate Bloodthirster summoning.
  • Neolucifer2000Neolucifer2000 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 956

0:21

BORIS, WHILE MENTIONING LLS! FOR MIDDENLAND! FOR ULRIC!

"As long as the fire of the Great Temple lasts, Middenheim and Middenland will never fall."

—Boris Todbringer, Elector of Middenheim[1a]

Boris Todbringer, known by his full title as Elector Count Boris Todbringer, Graf of Middenheim, Grand Duke of Middenland, Prince of Carroburg, Protector of the Drakwald, Warden of the Middle Mountains, Beloved of Ulric,[8a]
    I will fight and die for the true emperor of man...for the boris protects, unlike the pretender Karl franz

Demand more love for Empire and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Built-in RoR like Hochland Long Rifles and Knightly orders! Doombull, Wargor, Ghorgon, Jabberslythe, Tuskboar chariot and God-specific Gors! #MakeOldWorldGreatAgain
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,893

With Mortal empires can you actually lose as in the Vortex campaign i.e someone completes their vic conditions quicker?

probably not as it would hurt someones sandbox.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• mw51630mw51630 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,594
    My thread got closed on this, but in the facebook post it says Blood and Gore is coming alongside Mortal Empires this Thursday.
  • PLHenryPLHenry Registered Users Posts: 1,436
    Marius Leitdorf!
  • totalromefantotalromefan Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 529
    boris confirmed
  • rothamon81rothamon81 AustriaRegistered Users Posts: 147
    jamreal18 said:

CA, there's a news...

Nice hint there about the Empire denying skavens, I mean, rebel empire citizen ;)
  • ElectorCountElectorCount Registered Users Posts: 80
    edited October 2017
    Now it feels like CA is actively giving Empire fans the finger.
  • urbanmechurbanmech Registered Users Posts: 1,239

Well, they were obviously trolling the Asur fans early on. Who's to say they're not moving on to the original punching bag faction's fans?

Sir, please stop the off topic comments.
    This is a Boris Todbringer only thread.

Thank you.

;)
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,388
    I'll have Schwarzhelm deal with it!

#RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 10,243
    edited October 2017

Only in so far as CA not be able to do anything without it immediately being taken as a virtual confirmation that they are working on someone or others' pet hopey project.

When CA releases hard solid info on something you can be excused for thinking it's coming. Otherwise one is just potentially trolling oneself for no good reason setting oneself up for disappointment if one managed to troll oneself hard enough.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition