Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What is Mortal Empires?

Comments

• PirocinetaPirocineta Registered Users Posts: 130

Only Boris can save us from the incarnation of evil.
  • gholingholin Member Registered Users Posts: 1,240
    edited October 2017
    Calm down? Calm down, you say Whelan? About Boris? NEVER! We will never calm down until we can lead the grand armies of Ulric and holy Middenland against the foul foes festering in these lands.

We want Boris! We want Boris! Middenland! Middenheim! Give us, give us, give us!

CA may have created a riot on the forum...

Seriously though. We will pay you for Knights Panther, White Wolf, the Cult of Ulric, and the sainted Boris Todbringer! Make it so, Mr. Whelan! Let them know we demand Boris!
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,378
    RikRiorik said:

Now it feels like CA is actively giving Empire fans the finger.

Only in so far as CA not be able to do anything without it immediately being taken as a virtual confirmation that they are working on someone or others' pet hopey project.

When CA releases hard solid info on something you can be excused for thinking it's coming. Otherwise one is just potentially trolling oneself for no good reason setting oneself up for disappointment if one managed to troll oneself hard enough.
    If Boris wouldn't have been in the video, this wouldn't have happened, period.
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,378
    FOR THE EMPIRE! FOR SIGMAR! BY ULRICS WRATH!
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • ElectorCountElectorCount Registered Users Posts: 80

FOR THE EMPIRE! FOR SIGMAR! BY ULRICS WRATH!
    SUMMON THE ELECTOR COUNTS!
    "Give me an enemy I may meet with strong steel and stout oak in my hands, not a dagger in the night and an accounting-book."

—Boris Todbringer, Elector of Middenheim[7a]

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,696
    Red_Dox said:

CA_Whelan said:

Boris is available in multiplayer/custom battles, that's why he's included in the video. Calm down guys!

Empire 3
    Dwarfs 4
    O&G 4
    VC 5
    Brets 3
    WE 2
    WoC 3
    BoC 3
    Norsca 2
    =29
    =27

+
    HE 2
    DE 2
    Skaven 2
    Lizards 2
    =35

So far so good.

But if "Boris" as MP Lord should be included....
    +Boris
    +Red Duke
    +Sarthorael
    =38?

------Red Dox

I assume they mean 35 playable on the Mortal Empires campaign so those other three wouldn't go into that number.
    SiWI: "no they just hate you and I don't blame them."
  • urbanmechurbanmech Registered Users Posts: 1,239

Red_Dox said:

CA_Whelan said:

Boris is available in multiplayer/custom battles, that's why he's included in the video. Calm down guys!

Empire 3
    Dwarfs 4
    O&G 4
    VC 5
    Brets 3
    WE 2
    WoC 3
    BoC 3
    Norsca 2
    =29
    =27

+
    HE 2
    DE 2
    Skaven 2
    Lizards 2
    =35

So far so good.

+Boris
    +Red Duke
    +Sarthorael
    =38?

------Red Dox

I assume they mean 35 playable on the Mortal Empires campaign so those other three wouldn't go into that number.
    They did mean that, they just had a bit of a botch with Boris appearing alongside that LL counter showing the campaign playable LLs, despite being multiplayer battles exclusive. If Boris appeared anywhere else on the trailer or didn't appear at all, it wouldn't have caused the reactions that it is generating now.

"Oh Todbringer was still just meant to be a multiplayer LL? Well, that's understandable, at least he wasn't at the part where the narration literally talks about the campaign playable Legendary Lords".
  • BiesBies Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,462
    gholin said:

Calm down? Calm down, you say Whelan? About Boris? NEVER! We will never calm down until we can lead the grand armies of Ulric and holy Middenland against the foul foes festering in these lands.

We want Boris! We want Boris! Middenland! Middenheim! Give us, give us, give us!

CA may have created a riot on the forum...

Seriously though. We will pay you for Knights Panther, White Wolf, the Cult of Ulric, and the sainted Boris Todbringer! Make it so, Mr. Whelan! Let them know we demand Boris!

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• GameTimeGameTime Registered Users Posts: 37
    Came here to see if any cool news seeing as I can't watch the video yet, I got 3 pages of an empire dude.

Anything else in that video?
    GameTime said:

Came here to see if any cool news seeing as I can't watch the video yet, I got 3 pages of an empire dude.

no, nothing... atleast nothing new

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • GameTimeGameTime Registered Users Posts: 37
    Bleh, thanks anyway :)
    edited October 2017

Only Boris can save us from the incarnation of evil.

Boris pbrotects

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • HarconnHarconn Registered Users Posts: 943
    Boris for campaign, plz.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________

My German Youtube-Channel - Let's Plays (Strategy, RPG, Indie,...): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChwblqvwr8XxKP0GzCcUb8Q
  • TheGhostOfProman16TheGhostOfProman16 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,749
    CA hates Empire/High Elves confirmed
    Died during the great YOYO wars
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,473

Red_Dox said:

CA_Whelan said:

Empire 3
    Dwarfs 4
    O&G 4
    VC 5
    Brets 3
    WE 2
    WoC 3
    BoC 3
    Norsca 2
    =29
    =27

+
    HE 2
    DE 2
    Skaven 2
    Lizards 2
    =35

So far so good.

+Boris
    +Red Duke
    +Sarthorael
    =38?

------Red Dox

Then he should not be shown along side seven other playable LLs (Tyrion, Morgianna, Durthu, Mannfred, Skrolk, Malekith & Khazrak) while the video at that exact moment advertised 35 playable LLs fighting over map dominance. When on the other hand the statement is that Boris is technicly a Lord, even if only in MP so he counts kinda, then the math is wrong since it should be 38 not 35.

-----Red Dox
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,696
    I don't care at all about Empire and still want a 2nd start pos confirmed.
    SiWI: "no they just hate you and I don't blame them."
  • LestaTLestaT Senior Member Kuala LumpurRegistered Users Posts: 3,318
    GameTime said:

Nothing Else Matter.
  • LestaTLestaT Senior Member Kuala LumpurRegistered Users Posts: 3,318
    Red_Dox said:

Red_Dox said:

CA_Whelan said:

Empire 3
    Dwarfs 4
    O&G 4
    VC 5
    Brets 3
    WE 2
    WoC 3
    BoC 3
    Norsca 2
    =29
    =27

+
    HE 2
    DE 2
    Skaven 2
    Lizards 2
    =35

So far so good.

+Boris
    +Red Duke
    +Sarthorael
    =38?

------Red Dox

Then he should not be shown along side seven other playable LLs (Tyrion, Morgianna, Durthu, Mannfred, Skrolk, Malekith & Khazrak) while the video at that exact moment advertised 35 playable LLs fighting over map dominance. When on the other hand the statement is that Boris is technicly a Lord, even if only in MP so he counts kinda, then the math is wrong since it should be 38 not 35.

-----Red Dox
    It's 35*, not 35 though somehow it's not that way in the video.

It was 35* in the original ME poster.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 10,240

RikRiorik said:

Now it feels like CA is actively giving Empire fans the finger.

Only in so far as CA not be able to do anything without it immediately being taken as a virtual confirmation that they are working on someone or others' pet hopey project.

When CA releases hard solid info on something you can be excused for thinking it's coming. Otherwise one is just potentially trolling oneself for no good reason setting oneself up for disappointment if one managed to troll oneself hard enough.
    If Boris wouldn't have been in the video, this wouldn't have happened, period.
    Meh. CA can hardly ever win and hindsight is 20/20. Clumsy yes. But only because so many slight hints are made almost certain confirmations.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,473
    edited October 2017
    LestaT said:

Red_Dox said:

Red_Dox said:

CA_Whelan said:

Empire 3
    Dwarfs 4
    O&G 4
    VC 5
    Brets 3
    WE 2
    WoC 3
    BoC 3
    Norsca 2
    =29
    =27

+
    HE 2
    DE 2
    Skaven 2
    Lizards 2
    =35

So far so good.

+Boris
    +Red Duke
    +Sarthorael
    =38?

------Red Dox

-----Red Dox
    It's 35*, not 35 though somehow it's not that way in the video.

It was 35* in the original ME poster.
    This poster?
    That can mean literally anything, starting with the two missing Norsca charakters up to the "We know Tomb Kings come as DLC and bring at least 2 new LLs". As a White Knight shield for this situation right here, it is worthless.
    We talk about this video, which clearly specifies 35. In voice and text. For this weeks patch. Which is also the same number we had in the blog entry some weeks ago and the same number you could add in your head by counting all playable LLs while leaving Norsca out and not count the three MP chars.

And the situation is still
    A)Boris is shopped into that video as an error (maybe should have switched with the later seen Franz) since he does not count for the advertised playable LLs or
    B)he is a MP Lord, so he counts. Which means the math is wrong or
    C)it was a intentional tease for "later" or
    D)it was a intentional cruel joke.

If purple comments insist on the MP statement that is imo not so clear what situation we have.
    Which could mean
    1.)after the worst kept secret with Skaven as fourth race, here we go again for playable Middenheim or
    2.)nobody wants to say "Mistakes were made".

>edit<
    Addendum for the 35* thing

-----Red Dox
    Post edited by Red_Dox on
    edited October 2017

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 5,690
    #Boris matters

"Yum Yum"
  • PirocinetaPirocineta Registered Users Posts: 130
    edited October 2017

"The eye of Boris is upon you"
    semicit.
    Post edited by Pirocineta on
  • Lord_NathanaelLord_Nathanael Registered Users Posts: 1,496
    #boristoo

feel free to point out my errors, I'd like to improve my english

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 31,850
  • mw51630mw51630 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,594
    #boris'lifematters
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,893
    We need a picture of Franz ordering people about with the Title "Finding Todbringer"
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?