Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What is Mortal Empires?

Comments

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,399
    edited October 2017

mate... you gave me a horrible idea!

#RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • StephinceStephince Registered Users Posts: 2,772
    Do we have a release time yet?

#wheresboris?
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,291

CA hates Empire/High Elves confirmed

"The noble high elves, proud defenders of ulthuan" while showing the high elves getting killed with ease. 35 fully playable legendary lords, while showing Boris who is sadly not one of them.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,399
    edited October 2017
    Tayvar said:

CA hates Empire/High Elves confirmed

"The noble high elves, proud defenders of ulthuan" while showing the high elves getting killed with ease. 35 fully playable legendary lords, while showing Boris who is sadly not one of them.
    And some sadistic CA Workers who find that stuff very funny are sitting in a corner and cackle!
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • GradenGraden Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 714
    We want Boris CA! We want Boris! We want Boris! We want Boris!

WE WANT BORIS! GIVE US BORIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

No seriously. PLEASE let us finally play as Middenland for the love of Ulric.
  • GrafEchoGrafEcho Registered Users Posts: 35
    Really, how hard would it be to implement Boris. It's all done already
    dammit. We need an alternative start pos for empire so they aren't the
    only damned faction that can't coop campaign.
  • XihuXihu Registered Users Posts: 27
    Nazred said:

The thing is a lot of us don't want Gelt or Volkmar moved out of Altdorf. So the possibility of having Boris Toddbringer as the new empire sub-faction was like the saviour we could use.

It's kind of a slap in the face to showcase him as one of the LL on the campaign map to only say that it was just because he is included in custom/multiplayer battle which we already knew. Instead of moving Balthasar or Volkmar just give us Boris as so many on this forum want. Why is this so hard?

This is spot on. Release Middenland as a second Imperial factions. Give it a unique style with a few elite Ulric-centric units / Knights Panther (i think that's what they're called) and it should be good to go. The Imperial offices might need to be changed somewhat, but its worth it for the community.
    edited October 2017
    GrafEcho said:

He'd still need: The Talisman of Ulric and Quest Battle speeches

Unique Offices (Midden Marshall instead of Reiksmarshal, Ar-Ulric instead of Arch-Lector and High Wizard of the Wizards’ and Alchemists’ Guild instead of Patriarch

Warrior Priest of Ulric instead of Warrior Priest of Sigmar

Ar-Ulric Emil Valgeir as additional LL

Hammer-axe of Skoll - The symbol of office of the Ar-Ulric, the Hammer-axe has been wielded by every Ar-Ulric since the time of Sigmar.[1a]

Wolfplate Armor - An enchanted suit of armor adorned with the symbols of the Winter God that protects its wearer against fire.[1a]

Teutogen Guard, Knights of the White Wolf, Knights Panther, Wolf-Kin (iirc Ulrican Flagelants)

This should be the Middenland list from Storm of Chaos:
    https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwjmx6XLm4rXAhWJ1hoKHUOrCuAQFggnMAA&url=http://rosters.mysteria.cz/ostatni/download/SoC%20-%20Army%20of%20Middenland.pdf&usg=AOvVaw2q8i-5S1kHRd1LKkKXcydR

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
    GrafEcho said:

To be honest I am surprised that Boris is still not (officially) a choice for the campaign.
    People have been asking for Boris and Middenland for damn ages, almost two years I think? Plenty of threads regarding this matter, and in the end we got nothing.

Which is surprising because CA usually gives what most of the fans want. And I believe today, beyond a doubt, we proved once more how much we want Todbringer. Just make him playable CA, I am not asking for unique Ulrican units, at least not from the start. I'll be more than happy if you just give us Boris. I love Middenland.
    edited October 2017
    Graden said:

GrafEcho said:

To be honest I am surprised that Boris is still not (officially) a choice for the campaign.
    People have been asking for Boris and Middenland for damn ages, almost two years I think? Plenty of threads regarding this matter, and in the end we got nothing.

Which is surprising because CA usually gives what most of the fans want. And I believe today, beyond a doubt, we proved once more how much we want Todbringer. Just make him playable CA, I am not asking for unique Ulrican units, at least not from the start. I'll be more than happy if you just give us Boris. I love Middenland.
    WH 1 had been released May 2016

For the second part: The Fans wanted Vlad von Carstein... the Fans got Vlad von Carstein... the Fans wanted Vlad to lead his faction... Vlad leads his own faction...

But Vladdy is a Vampire, not the Empire...

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • KGpoopyKGpoopy Registered Users Posts: 2,009
    Last time I played this game involving Boris he had was killed by Khaszrack One Eye. Boris is dead.

#RIPBorisTodbringer
  • TorfinniusTorfinnius Registered Users Posts: 35
  • gholingholin Member Registered Users Posts: 1,240
    I'd buy all of that and more, if only CA would bring Middenland to our DLC door!

Let this thread continue to be a warcry for Boris Todbringer, forgotten and lost son of the Empire in Total War Warhammer!

Only Boris Todbringer can calm us down. Only glorious Middenland can complete the Empire!

Whelan, if you're listening, you know what we want. let them know! Let all of them know! For to unfurl the banner of Middenland, to unleash the Knights of the White Wolf and the noble Knights Panther, to give praise to Ulric, will only end in money for you, and happiness for us!
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,559
    Just watched vid... yikes... did an intern grab Boris instead of Franz on accident or something? LOL, what a ****....
    KGpoopy said:

Last time I played this game involving Boris he had was killed by Khaszrack One Eye. Boris is dead.

#RIPBorisTodbringer

NO! NO! THAT'S NOT TRUE! THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE! NOOOOOOOO! NOOOOOOOO!

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • PLHenryPLHenry Registered Users Posts: 1,442
    Why desire such a dullard of a character? Vote for Marius Leitdorf! The most entertaining Elector Count of all time!
    edited October 2017

WH 1 had been released May 2016

For the second part: The Fans wanted Vlad von Carstein... the Fans got Vlad von Carstein... the Fans wanted Vlad to lead his faction... Vlad leads his own faction...

But Vladdy is a Vampire, not the Empire...

I also wanted Vlad, I was super happy when we got him, especially when he got to lead his own faction. But I also wanted Boris, way more than Vlad. Me and many others. And we got ****. Seriously, I hope they don't move Gelt or Volkmar, they belong to Altdorf. It would be a cheap move to sell us new starting positions for the Empire.

Just give us Boris damnit. I had almost forgotten how much I wanted this to happen, but after we Todbringer fans got the middle finger after today's video, I will not rest until Boris is here.
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,896
    PaulH said:

Why desire such a dullard of a character? Vote for Marius Leitdorf! The most entertaining Elector Count of all time!

If Marius was given a unique model by a DLC while also being playable on Custom and Multiplayer Battles we'd be doing the same for him but CA haven't and given they went for a new race instead of giving the Empire a new Lord and Starting position we're settling for second best with what we have left.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,482
    "Not one of the 35 playable LL".

Lol.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

• SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,770

PaulH said:

If Marius was given a unique model by a DLC while also being playable on Custom and Multiplayer Battles we'd be doing the same for him but CA haven't and given they went for a new race instead of giving the Empire a new Lord and Starting position we're settling for second best with what we have left.
    but marius also could come as LP material anyway, if CA does Crossover dlc/game 1 dlc.

He perfectly fits the main criteria CA seems to have for LL:

named lord choice of the 8th edition
    would provide another start position.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,896
    SiWI said:

PaulH said:

but marius also could come as LP material anyway, if CA does Crossover dlc/game 1 dlc.

He perfectly fits the main criteria CA seems to have for LL:

named lord choice of the 8th edition
    would provide another start position.
    Oh I do agree but the problem is with CA and the state of the Empire as a race on Campaign.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

CA, just look at what you did! LOOK!

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,559
    Why does this always default to this or that?

Demand Boris AND Marius.

Quit trying to ruin it for each other. I mean... geez! Why have just chocolate when you can have a chocolate-vanilla swirl?

Ya'all are as bad as Ogre fans not wanting Hobgoblin Khanate.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,482
    Itharus said:

Demand Boris AND Marius.

Quit trying to ruin it for each other. I mean... geez! Why have just chocolate when you can have a chocolate-vanilla swirl?

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but...

Only like 5.5 people care about Hobgoblins.

81jt2dj75iky.png

• eomateomat Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,059
    I need my Boris with Ulrican units. Markus Wulfhart would be great too when they release Norsca for ME. Those Mammoths need to be hunted.
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,788
    I don't have the time to read through 5 pages of OMG TODBRINGER but all I'll say is this: If Boris won't come with atleast Knights of the White Wolf, and preferably Teutogen Guard, Knights Panther, and dare I say at the risk of sounding too greedy Wolf-kin, I'd rather not have him at all.
    Krunch said:

I don't have the time to read through 5 pages of OMG TODBRINGER but all I'll say is this: If Boris won't come with atleast Knights of the White Wolf, and preferably Teutogen Guard, Knights Panther, and dare I say at the risk of sounding too greedy Wolf-kin, I'd rather not have him at all.

Don't forget Warrior Priests of Ulric (and Emil Valgeir)

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • XihuXihu Registered Users Posts: 27
    Krunch said:

You should have taken the time to read at least 1 page... Todbringer is only for custom battles/multiplayer battles at this time.
  • obippoobippo Member Registered Users Posts: 2,544

Itharus said:

Demand Boris AND Marius.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but...

Only like 5.5 people care about Hobgoblins.

and all of these 5.5 people are @boyfights
    Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,991
    edited October 2017
    Guys, turn on your t.v. quickly...

Sorry, this is the official thread...
    Anyways, just want to share the news.