Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What is Mortal Empires?

12346»

Comments

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,388
    jamreal18 said:

Guys, turn on your t.v.

And when he's here, he'll strike with Ulrics wrath and Crush the Weak!
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • VladdyVladdy Registered Users Posts: 402
    jamreal18 said:

Guys, turn on your t.v. quickly...

Sorry, this is the official thread...
    Anyways, just want to share the news.

Boris is so important that no one saw the Fay Enchantress was hanged.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,388
    Vladdy said:

jamreal18 said:

That's what a watery hag gets for distributing swords from a pond!
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,286
    Vladdy said:

jamreal18 said:

Boris had hanged her for stealing a bretonnian dukedom and for getting an sub-faction before him.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,503
    Justifiable hanging, that.
  • MorbidlyAbeastMorbidlyAbeast Registered Users Posts: 191
    Super excited for more ME news and get home to watch this video and.....wtf Boris front and center for ME campaign?

If Middenland is not playable by the end of November I will be more disappointed by the inclusion of Boris in this video than him being excluded from play. Feels like really poor marketing by someone that knows so little about the product that something like this would even happen.
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,788
    Xihu said:

Krunch said:

I don't have the time to read through 5 pages of OMG TODBRINGER but all I'll say is this: If Boris won't come with atleast Knights of the White Wolf, and preferably Teutogen Guard, Knights Panther, and dare I say at the risk of sounding too greedy Wolf-kin, I'd rather not have him at all.

You should have taken the time to read at least 1 page... Todbringer is only for custom battles/multiplayer battles at this time.
    I saw that bit, I actually read the first 2 pages, just saying that even if this isn't CA being dicks and teasing us if it comes down to it and they do add Boris there won't be a point if there isn't atleast 1 unique unit coming with him.

Krunch said:

I don't have the time to read through 5 pages of OMG TODBRINGER but all I'll say is this: If Boris won't come with atleast Knights of the White Wolf, and preferably Teutogen Guard, Knights Panther, and dare I say at the risk of sounding too greedy Wolf-kin, I'd rather not have him at all.

Don't forget Warrior Priests of Ulric (and Emil Valgeir)
    Warrior Priests of Ulric would be awesome but lets not get greedy. Just asking for more than Teutogen Guard and Knights of the White Wolf is maybe a bit too much too expect immediately, let alone another LL.
  • Total War ftwTotal War ftw Member Registered Users Posts: 1,272
    Will this be patched at 12 Am or some time during the day?
  • XihuXihu Registered Users Posts: 27
    Krunch said:

Xihu said:

Krunch said:

You should have taken the time to read at least 1 page... Todbringer is only for custom battles/multiplayer battles at this time.
    I saw that bit, I actually read the first 2 pages, just saying that even if this isn't CA being dicks and teasing us if it comes down to it and they do add Boris there won't be a point if there isn't atleast 1 unique unit coming with him.

Krunch said:

Don't forget Warrior Priests of Ulric (and Emil Valgeir)
    Warrior Priests of Ulric would be awesome but lets not get greedy. Just asking for more than Teutogen Guard and Knights of the White Wolf is maybe a bit too much too expect immediately, let alone another LL.
    I see what you're saying now, and I agree with you on the new units. Fingers crossed!
  • knodo85knodo85 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,135

Vladdy said:

jamreal18 said:

That's what a watery hag gets for distributing swords from a pond!
    Which we all know is no basis for a legitimate government.
    edited October 2017
    I had one more idea for a Boris Todbringer Picture:

Post edited by TheGuardianOfMetal on

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • Otters007Otters007 Registered Users Posts: 1,223
    Just realised, you know what the Boris in all this art has that he doesn't have in the game?

A GREAT BIG BUSHY BEARD!!
  • Ben1990Ben1990 Registered Users Posts: 569
    CA_Whelan said:

Boris is available in multiplayer/custom battles, that's why he's included in the video. Calm down guys!

I understand this, yet the actual thing with people and Boris is that they don't want him simply as a reskin of a Lord unit with extra traits.

What people want with Boris is him becoming an actual Legendary Lord as much as the other Empire LL's.

Middenland is not like the rest of The Empire (darn, that's bad thinking here since all Empire Provinces differ from one another in many ways but it's more obvious with Middenland). It could be said that Middenland, if it were a playable faction with its own units and stuff, is a more offensive version of The Empire with emphasis on melee (that's how fluff shows them to be).

Middenland has regiments like the Knights Panther or Knights of The White Wolf, Warriors of Ulric, Carrouburg Greatswords, hammer-wielding Teutogen Guards, Hunting Hounds and Wolf-Kin. For Lords and Heroes they had Grand Masters of The Knights of The White Wolf, Senechals of The White Wolf (cheaper Grand Master) and Priests of Ulric (who also have a different set of prayers).

Special Characters include everyone's favorite Boris Todbringer and his pal High Priest Ar-Ulric Emil Valgeir (the Cult of Ulric's version of the Grand Theogonist of the Cult of Sigmar, and wielding the Hammer-Axe of Skolk).

And not to mention the very Cult of Ulric itself with its tenets and teachings. Essentially it's all about being courageous, manly, ferocious and honorable while at the same time showing scorn for weakness, cowardice, manipulations and underhanded methods (though Ulric allows for use of ambushes and camouflage as long as it won't turn into deceit and subterfuge which he hates like there is no tomorrow). Ulric is defacto the good counterpart of Khorne here.

Think of the potential as a DLC. Who wouldn't like to play as Middenland?

I could see it like this with the pros and cons:

Pros:
    -Access to a unique set of units and heroes.
    -Bonuses to melee-oriented units.
    -Unique building tree (so to additionally unlock said unique units).

Cons:
    -Increased price and upkeep for gunpowder units (the Cult of Ulric doesn't like gunpowder that much).

Also since Ulric is second to Sigmar in terms of worship, you could add something of a influence meter to both Sigmar and Ulric oriented Empire factions. The higher the influence, the more bonuses the factions gain for themselves.

What do you think?
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,893
    Ben1990 said:

CA_Whelan said:

Boris is available in multiplayer/custom battles, that's why he's included in the video. Calm down guys!

I understand this, yet the actual thing with people and Boris is that they don't want him simply as a reskin of a Lord unit with extra traits.

What people want with Boris is him becoming an actual Legendary Lord as much as the other Empire LL's.

Middenland is not like the rest of The Empire (darn, that's bad thinking here since all Empire Provinces differ from one another in many ways but it's more obvious with Middenland). It could be said that Middenland, if it were a playable faction with its own units and stuff, is a more offensive version of The Empire with emphasis on melee (that's how fluff shows them to be).

Middenland has regiments like the Knights Panther or Knights of The White Wolf, Warriors of Ulric, Carrouburg Greatswords, hammer-wielding Teutogen Guards, Hunting Hounds and Wolf-Kin. For Lords and Heroes they had Grand Masters of The Knights of The White Wolf, Senechals of The White Wolf (cheaper Grand Master) and Priests of Ulric (who also have a different set of prayers).

Special Characters include everyone's favorite Boris Todbringer and his pal High Priest Ar-Ulric Emil Valgeir (the Cult of Ulric's version of the Grand Theogonist of the Cult of Sigmar, and wielding the Hammer-Axe of Skolk).

And not to mention the very Cult of Ulric itself with its tenets and teachings. Essentially it's all about being courageous, manly, ferocious and honorable while at the same time showing scorn for weakness, cowardice, manipulations and underhanded methods (though Ulric allows for use of ambushes and camouflage as long as it won't turn into deceit and subterfuge which he hates like there is no tomorrow). Ulric is defacto the good counterpart of Khorne here.

Pros:

Cons:
    -Increased price and upkeep for gunpowder units (the Cult of Ulric doesn't like gunpowder that much).

Also since Ulric is second to Sigmar in terms of worship, you could add something of a influence meter to both Sigmar and Ulric oriented Empire factions. The higher the influence, the more bonuses the factions gain for themselves.

What do you think?
    Carroburg Greatswords is a Reikland unit.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

lockquote class="Quote" rel="Ben1990">
    CA_Whelan said:

Pros:

Cons:

What do you think?

The Carroburg Greatswords, a unit of Greatswords hailing from Reikland, are one of the most storied and famous regiments in the Empire.[1a]

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Carroburg_Greatswords

Middenland has the Teutogen Guard and the Brotherhood of the Axe (Teutogen Guard are Elite KOTWW, defending the Ar-Ulric and the Brotherhood of the Axe are Elite Teutogen Guard armed with Axes instead of Hammers)

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'

lockquote class="Quote" rel="Ben1990">

CA_Whelan said:

Pros:

Cons:

What do you think?

The Carroburg Greatswords, a unit of Greatswords hailing from Reikland, are one of the most storied and famous regiments in the Empire.[1a]

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Carroburg_Greatswords

Middenland has the Teutogen Guard and the Brotherhood of the Axe (Teutogen Guard are Elite KOTWW, defending the Ar-Ulric and the Brotherhood of the Axe are Elite Teutogen Guard armed with Axes instead of Hammers)

Man, I really hit it hard with those Carroburg Greatswords...
  • OMGitsJoemoOMGitsJoemo Registered Users Posts: 96
    Ben1990 said:

CA_Whelan said:

Pros:

Cons:

What do you think?
    This ^

Ben1990 said:

CA_Whelan said:

Pros:

Cons:

What do you think?
    Carroburg Greatswords is a Reikland unit.
    GAH. My bad.
  • boyfightsboyfights Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,023
    obippo said:

Itharus said:

Why does this always default to this or that?

Demand Boris AND Marius.

Quit trying to ruin it for each other. I mean... geez! Why have just chocolate when you can have a chocolate-vanilla swirl?

Ya'all are as bad as Ogre fans not wanting Hobgoblin Khanate.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but...

Only like 5.5 people care about Hobgoblins.

and all of these 5.5 people are @boyfights
    i am the 0.5 (canadians only count for half)

ps

boris sucks
    B)
    boyfights you are always here to confirmate every spark of originality
    or reason burns or acid bruises anyone,
    stop your gladiator love for agressions.
    By now we all know what's Mortal Empires:

It's the "WE WANT BORIS TODBRINGER!"-Show!

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • KGpoopyKGpoopy Registered Users Posts: 2,009
    I'm sure they are working on the next dlc, and the foundation update for ME.
  • GwydionGwydion Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,246
    It's Broken. That's what it is, and rushed.
    PLEASE CA!!! Chaos Warriors need a faction that is not horde only by the time the trilogy is finished! We beg of you!

Just Realized this topic has been viewed more, the topic of " Limiting Race Expansion/ Colonization Expansion" alone than more than half of the stickied things at the top of the forum... I hope you are too CA and I mean that in a positive way from a huge fan!

Please improve sieges! Add racial flavor and ACTUALLY make them "deeper rather than wide" copy and paste with different art needs to go!
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,503
    I once knew a guy named Boris Todd.

There's probably a conspiracy in there somewhere.
  • BrakierBrakier Registered Users Posts: 1,551
    I dont like you hanging my fay enchantress waifu