Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Miragliano and Kislev Racial Capitals

MerciiMercii Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 946
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
Apologies if this has already been posted elsewhere but I was excited to notice:

Apparently Miragliano and Kislev in ME are 10 slot buildings like other main racial capitals, not 8 slot like normal province capitals.

Also the 17 Regions required for Long Campaign all appear to be faction's main settlements or current legendary Lord starts....except for Khemri, Lamia, KISLEV and MIRAGLIANO.....hmmm.
MercytheMad on Youtube

Comments

• Nitros14Nitros14 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,317
    Does that mean we're getting Neferata, in Lahmia: City of Vampires?
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,701
    Nitros14 said:

Does that mean we're getting Neferata, in Lahmia: City of Vampires?

Lahmia should actually be under controle of Queen Khalida iirc
    The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,998
    it has been notice before.

Don't know if anything will come of it, but as soon they announced DoW, kislev will be sure (even more then now ;) )
    And Lahmia would point to cross over dlc, which would please me greatly.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,885

Should it? She is the Queen of Lybaras and afaik is Lahmia a ruined "dead" city (so even more dead and ruined then the other cities in the land of the dead) after they burned it down and forced the Vampires out all that time ago.

If I remember right from the datamine, the province consists of the settlements Lybaras, Mahrak and Lahmia.

If Lahmia is the capital it might be Khalidas " [soon to be] home". Or the fabled Silver Host may take place there and Khalida might start elsewhere. Kinda like the K8P race for Queek, Belegar & Skarsnik.

Have not watched the youtube videos for ME, so do not know if they already found the Silver Host on the map there. But in case of Khalida we probably will only know where she resides when the Tomb King DLC draws near. When or even *if* we get a life sign for Neferata, that is a whole other story. Since the Warhammer world drowns in von Carsteins :(

-----Red Dox

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,701
    Red_Dox said:

Should it? She is the Queen of Lybaras and afaik is Lahmia a ruined "dead" city (so even more dead and ruined then the other cities in the land of the dead) after they burned it down and forced the Vampires out all that time ago.

If I remember right from the datamine, the province consists of the settlements Lybaras, Mahrak and Lahmia.

If Lahmia is the capital it might be Khalidas " [soon to be] home". Or the fabled Silver Host may take place there and Khalida might start elsewhere. Kinda like the K8P race for Queek, Belegar & Skarsnik.

Have not watched the youtube videos for ME, so do not know if they already found the Silver Host on the map there. But in case of Khalida we probably will only know where she resides when the Tomb King DLC draws near. When or even *if* we get a life sign for Neferata, that is a whole other story. Since the Warhammer world drowns in von Carsteins :(

-----Red Dox

dammit... it's getting too late you're right
    The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
    Red_Dox said:

-----Red Dox

Well there are some hints for her:
    Khalida herself seem a pretty safe bet for TK, 4 LL's and such.
    There is also the old truth, that CA loves VC very very much and there are not many Van Carstein left to add... not going obscure.

Cross over or ME dlc seems pretty logical to me and if it comes then VC most certainly will also get some love.

Making Lahmia so prominent is a bit curious move isn't it? And the other canidates, Kislev and Tilea/DoW got hints for a long time now...
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,643
    edited October 2017
    I'm wary about Dogs of War.

I know this Rogue Army thing is like a test drive...

But for MP DoW will be a nightmare. Either it will A) be impossible to properly balance and be an endless shifting mess, or B.) it will get min/maxed and there will only ever be ONE DoW build to rule them all.

Both scenarios suck.

Thankfully, I don't MP, but O M G I can see the whining threads a-coming.
  • TeachMeHowSenpaiTeachMeHowSenpai Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 313
    Skavenblight and Hellpit are also on that list if I remeber correcly. And we'll get Skavenblight for sure with Ikit Claw and Clan Skyre. We will probably also get Clan Moulder in Hellpit aswell, though if it will be with Throt or Thanquol I am not sure.

Khemri and Lahmia will tie in with the Tomb Kings ofcourse.

Miragliano and Kislev I'm confident will come sooner or later. Since I don't really see any reason why both Skavenblight AND Miragliano should be in the Vicotry Condition if those 17 cities is mostly just to make people explore the whole map. Why then two of the cities next to each other(Hellpit and Kislev is also not far from eachother)? So kinda get the feeling that these those 17 cities are the different factions racial capital. Though the lack of Norsca and Araby city is noted.
    My Campaigns
    Older Games (Shogun 2, Rome II, Attila)
    Shogun 2: Campaigns Completed
    Takeda Clan
    Hattori Clan - Normal

Rome II: Campaigns Completed
    Epirus - Normal
    Selucid - Normal/Very Hard
    Macedon - Hard
    Rome(Junia) - Hard
    Pergamon - Legendary
    Sparta - Lengedary
    Ardiaei - Legendary
    (WoS)Boiotian League - Very Hard

Rome(Cornelia) - Hard

Attila: Campaigns Completed
    The Geats - Normal (Minor)
    The Tanukhids - Normal (Minor)
    (AoC)Kingdom of the Lombards - Hard (Short)
    (AoC)Westphelia - Hard (Short)
    Ebdanians - Hard(-) (Minor)
    Warhammer I
    Warhammer I: Campaigns Completed
    Greenskins - Normal (Long)
    The Empire - Hard (Long)
    Vampire Counts - Hard (Short), Very Hard (Short)
    Crooked Moon - Normal (Long)
    The Bloody Handz - Very Hard (Short)
    Beastmen - Very Hard (Short)
    (EfaE)Beastmen - Very Hard (Short)
    Warriors of Chaos - Very Hard (Short)
    Wood Elves - Very Hard
    (SotR)Argwylon - Very Hard
    Clan Angrund - Very Hard (Short)
    Bretonnia - Legendary
    Wintertooth - Hard (The Crow)
    Warhammer II:
    Vortex Campaigs Completed:
    Hexoatl - Hard
    Followers of Nagash - Very Hard
    Lothern - Very Hard
    Naggarond - Very Hard
    The Dreadfleet - Very Hard
    Har Ganeth - Legendary
    Clan Skryre - Very Hard
    Clan Eshin - Very Hard
    Yvresse - Very Hard
    Khemri - Very Hard
    Last Defenders - Very Hard
    Huntsmarshal's Expedition - Very Hard
    Slaughterhorn Tribe - Very Hard
    Order of Loremasters - Very Hard
    Exiles of Nehek - Very Hard
    Vampire Coast - Very Hard

Mortal Empires Campaigns Completed:
    Court of Lybaras - Very Hard (Long)
    Beastmen (Malagor) - Very Hard (Short)
    Nagarythe - Very Hard (Long)

Three Kingdoms:
    Sun Jian (Wu) - Normal
    Ma Teng (Liang) - Hard
    Yuan Shu (Zhong) - Hard (Coop w/ Yuan Shao)

Eight Princes:
    Sima Jiong - Hard (Regent)
  • ArstellandaArstellanda Registered Users Posts: 341
    Well, I sound like a broken record lately...

But Tilea/Estalia really are one of the very few that actually would fit in the 2nd Game. They're much more interconnected with the races in from TW:W2 in the first place, as well as actually having territory in the New World, something that nobody else other than Norsca has when it comes to human factions. Hopefully though they're not just a DoW thing ONLY, and are actually a fully functioning faction.
    Miragliano is worth investigating as Wood Elves. That might be why it's mentioned.
  • IokkoIokko Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,193
    CA pls gib Tilea
    Stating opinions as if they're facts in your signature and adding "Change my mind" doesn't make them facts, change my mind.
  • MerciiMercii Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 946
    edited October 2017
    I guess hints for Kislev and Tilea is nothing new, but it got met excited again anyway.

I agree they are pretty likely for game two, as I assume there will be 3-4 dlc races for game 2 and without them all we have is Tomb Kings.

Guessing Lahmia is NOT Lahmian vampires as some people already pointed out, I would lile to see a Lahmian faction or other bloodlines one day though.

Edit: Obviously Im way more excited about the possibilty of Kislev and Tilea than Lahmia though.
    MercytheMad on Youtube
  • Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Registered Users Posts: 4,310
    Khalida will likely start in Lybaras and her first "mission" will be to take control of her own province. If they ever implement Neferata it should be in the Silver Pinnacle since she abandoned Lahmia many moons ago. Having her start right next to Khalida would be unwise since that is too important a rivalry to be resolved within the first 20 turns.

I don't have great hopes for cross-game DLC, however. By that I mean DLC that only works if you own both games or DLC that makes game 1 factions playable on the Vortex map. IMO it'd be a very underhanded practice since it requires you to pay twice to use it.
    Itharus said:

I'm wary about Dogs of War.

I know this Rogue Army thing is like a test drive...

But for MP DoW will be a nightmare. Either it will A) be impossible to properly balance and be an endless shifting mess, or B.) it will get min/maxed and there will only ever be ONE DoW build to rule them all.

Both scenarios suck.

Thankfully, I don't MP, but O M G I can see the whining threads a-coming.

I've said it before, MP should be a secondary priority at all times. The game is first and foremost a single player campaign experience and the vast majority of players don't partake in MP. Catering the game to MP players would alienate the bulk of their player base so I wouldn't be too concerned on that front.
    I don't disagree. MP is the least of my concerns... but those players are there, they are very vocal, and they are little marketing vessels. Their word of mouth and the videos they post have a disproportionate impact on publicity. I dunno why that's how it is... but it's just how it is.

So ya gotta keep them happy, too.
  • Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,788
    is Nagashizzar in Mortal Empires? Or its being saved for Part 3?
  • urbanmechurbanmech Registered Users Posts: 1,239
    Nagashizzar/Cripple Peak's outline is on the map above the Devil's Backbone province (Lahmia, Lybaras and Mahrak) and to the east of the Desolation of Nagash province, but it's not an actual Province or Settlement. Probably saved for Game 3 due to its proximity to the Dark Lands or (more unlikely) it will "activate" when the Tomb Kings arrive.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,803

Red_Dox said:

-----Red Dox

dammit... it's getting too late you're right
    He pretty much always is in matters of lore.
    SiWI: "no they just hate you and I don't blame them."
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 15,835
    Neferata has attempted to send folks to Lahmia in the past.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • Lord_HenkusLord_Henkus Registered Users Posts: 1,758
    Itharus said:

I don't disagree. MP is the least of my concerns... but those players are there, they are very vocal, and they are little marketing vessels. Their word of mouth and the videos they post have a disproportionate impact on publicity. I dunno why that's how it is... but it's just how it is.

A thousand times this.
    How negative I may sound, game is stil 11 out of 10

Also, please slow down combat!

• DMFan79DMFan79 ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 407
    Itharus said:

Human race needs to compete. That's why so many people only enjoy playing versus other people.

We single-players are considered cave-nerds... and are the minority.
  • Nitros14Nitros14 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,317
    DMFan79 said:

Itharus said:

Human race needs to compete. That's why so many people only enjoy playing versus other people.

We single-players are considered cave-nerds... and are the minority.
    That is definitely not true. CA has mentioned only 4% of Total War players play multiplayer for even one game.
    SiWI said:

Red_Dox said:

-----Red Dox

Cross over or ME dlc seems pretty logical to me and if it comes then VC most certainly will also get some love.

Making Lahmia so prominent is a bit curious move isn't it? And the other canidates, Kislev and Tilea/DoW got hints for a long time now...
    Cross Over might seem logical for Mortal Empires, yes. But there is still the question how it effects the game#2 DLC schedule and if it works for game#1. In theory every game#2 DLC has to work "on its own" for the game it is designed for. So Neferata as a game#1 VC character for example does not really fit in. Since TK become DLC, there would also be the "No DLC for DLC2 meme going on which would forbid a rival DLC with Khalida VS Neferata. A simple FLC release probably is the best move, but then people might cringe and cry why CA wastes time for game#1 chars instead of pushing the game#2 core race agenda ^^ We have to wait and see how CA goes forward from this point.
    We could of course put it TK on the game#1 map. So the idea of that DLC being a "crossover" been sold for both game (even if needed only once, like Blood & Gore) is possible. But then we are at an impass regarding game balance. From what we picked up, they might rechange parts of the Old World races/capitals/etc. for ME, but not for game#1 itself (like Dragon breath for example). So Tomb Kings would need "double balance" observation if they are thrown unto game#1 map and game#2 map + ME map, since both games use different variables for their gaming style. I kinda doubt we will see that kind of investment.

And No, I do not see them "making Lahmia prominent". Lahmia had it's fixed place on the worldmap as a binding part between Old World & Nehekhara since forever. I coud place Lahmia already on the game#1 campaign map

which made the game#2 campaign map with leaving that part of the border out a bit curious, but it was clear that for the combo map the had to bring that back (for TK DLC as well as for the proper Worlds Edge Mountain surrounding area). now with datamine saying it will become a capital, is not that surprising since Lahmia was one of the more influential cities of his time. In the end, just the same treatment they gave Kislev (as the capital of a nation who still might come way later) and Mirgliano. granted, the last one is a bit more curious sicne it should be kinda the same as the other Principialities but here the CA mapmaking is the defining factor. Since Tilea is not splintered as it should be, it is fine to have Miragliano as the prime capital of that region.

The only curious move so far was throwing the Silver Host somewhere on the map. But since game#2 featured a lot of factions indicating something but looking like placeholders (like the Necrarch & Strigoi ones) it is also not that far fetched to utilize the Silver Host for now. And as far as place holders go, after the Vlad & Isabella shennanigas I can't shake the feeling that we see Konrad von Carstein showing up on the Vampire Coast or in Lahmia first before Neferata might show up *sigh*

------Red Dox
  • Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Registered Users Posts: 4,310

Itharus said:

A thousand times this.
    I'm confused, you agree with his position on MP or you agree that CA should cater their product for the MP community?
    Red_Dox said:

SiWI said:

Red_Dox said:

-----Red Dox

Cross Over might seem logical for Mortal Empires, yes. But there is still the question how it effects the game#2 DLC schedule and if it works for game#1. In theory every game#2 DLC has to work "on its own" for the game it is designed for. So Neferata as a game#1 VC character for example does not really fit in.
    Well there is always the "magic" of moving LL#s around the map (her taking over the VCoast, but yes in principal this could be problem.
    Since TK become DLC, there would also be the "No DLC for DLC2 meme going on which would forbid a rival DLC with Khalida VS Neferata.

Well I would assume that, since we get 4 LL's for TK, Khalida wouldn't come in a LP anyway, but with the race DLC.

A simple FLC release probably is the best move, but then people might cringe and cry why CA wastes time for game#1 chars instead of pushing the game#2 core race agenda ^^ We have to wait and see how CA goes forward from this point.

True, I'm somewhat hopeful that the FLC array seems to hint at relative alot of DLC's and specially LP's.
    So I'm hoping for every race in game 2, getting a LP with its game 2 rival and 1 Lp with getting a LP with a game 1 race.
    +the FLC LL's

We could of course put it TK on the game#1 map. So the idea of that DLC being a "crossover" been sold for both game (even if needed only once, like Blood & Gore) is possible. But then we are at an impass regarding game balance. From what we picked up, they might rechange parts of the Old World races/capitals/etc. for ME, but not for game#1 itself (like Dragon breath for example). So Tomb Kings would need "double balance" observation if they are thrown unto game#1 map and game#2 map + ME map, since both games use different variables for their gaming style. I kinda doubt we will see that kind of investment.

I honestly kinda assume that, if they re-balance the game 1 races for ME, they will translate this to game 1 at some point.
    And No, I do not see them "making Lahmia prominent".

They demand you to conquer it, next to cities like Altdorf and the other race capitals.
    And gave it more building slots.
    For me that makes it more prominent then the vast majority of other provinces capitals.

The only curious move so far was throwing the Silver Host somewhere on the map. But since game#2 featured a lot of factions indicating something but looking like placeholders (like the Necrarch & Strigoi ones) it is also not that far fetched to utilize the Silver Host for now. And as far as place holders go, after the Vlad & Isabella shennanigas I can't shake the feeling that we see Konrad von Carstein showing up on the Vampire Coast or in Lahmia first before Neferata might show up *sigh*

------Red Dox

Konrad is the last one left isn't he?
    Possible that he comes, thou he would be a worse vlad, from my PoV.
    I honestly kinda assume that, if they re-balance the game 1 races for ME, they will translate this to game 1 at some point.

I don't know. The game is kinda finished as it is. Sure, they could reworkd all of it to Mortal Empire standards, which would help if they want to put other things into it later (like TEB or Kislev playable, maybe also TK & Arabay since the map would allow it), but that would be serious work effort and a bunch of charlemagnes.
    I think they will just move forward. So DLC for game#2 right now and Mortal Empires in between were it might benefit the overall plan while game#1 gets neglected as much as possible.

Konrad is the last one left isn't he?
    Possible that he comes, thou he would be a worse vlad, from my PoV.

Konrad would be the last von Carstein from the armybook guys with miniature/rules, yes. But Then there would still be others. Nyklas von Carstein aka Count Noctilus (Dreadfleet. Also mentioned already in some flavor text in game#1) for example. Or if they want to go Alberic there would still be more...
    http://i.imgur.com/5bSwdzZ.png
    http://i.imgur.com/PhdFV1b.png

I really really would love at least one LL for each bloodline instead the world still drowning in von Carsteins but so far...

-----Red Dox
    Red_Dox said:

I don't know. The game is kinda finished as it is. Sure, they could reworkd all of it to Mortal Empire standards, which would help if they want to put other things into it later (like TEB or Kislev playable, maybe also TK & Arabay since the map would allow it), but that would be serious work effort and a bunch of charlemagnes.
    I think they will just move forward. So DLC for game#2 right now and Mortal Empires in between were it might benefit the overall plan while game#1 gets neglected as much as possible.

Well I remain optimistic that if not game 1, then game 1 races, are not finished yet.

Konrad would be the last von Carstein from the armybook guys with miniature/rules, yes. But Then there would still be others. Nyklas von Carstein aka Count Noctilus (Dreadfleet. Also mentioned already in some flavor text in game#1) for example. Or if they want to go Alberic there would still be more...

Noctilus without naval warfare, makes little sense to me (same could be said about Vampire coast) and the others are so obscure that I don't see trumping a Neferate or the other "big" no carnsteins.

I really really would love at least one LL for each bloodline instead the world still drowning in von Carsteins but so far...

-----Red Dox
    Well that is kinda GW fault, who gave VC a new armybook, but only Carsteins as characters... a curious move on they part.
  • Skarsnik_De_EmperorSkarsnik_De_Emperor Registered Users Posts: 1,832
    @Red_Dox

How did you get so many details like those maps all the time? Did you work for GW? :D
  • ArstellandaArstellanda Registered Users Posts: 341
    Destin said:

Skavenblight and Hellpit are also on that list if I remeber correcly. And we'll get Skavenblight for sure with Ikit Claw and Clan Skyre. We will probably also get Clan Moulder in Hellpit aswell, though if it will be with Throt or Thanquol I am not sure.

Khemri and Lahmia will tie in with the Tomb Kings ofcourse.

Miragliano and Kislev I'm confident will come sooner or later. Since I don't really see any reason why both Skavenblight AND Miragliano should be in the Vicotry Condition if those 17 cities is mostly just to make people explore the whole map. Why then two of the cities next to each other(Hellpit and Kislev is also not far from eachother)? So kinda get the feeling that these those 17 cities are the different factions racial capital. Though the lack of Norsca and Araby city is noted.

Both are likely, it makes sense and it wouldn't be the first time playable factions are close to each other ready and ready to kill one another in all honesty.
  • Mohawk_RoshiMohawk_Roshi Registered Users Posts: 1,767
    Anyone think the experiment could be Kislev as a Mortal Empires exclusive? Like CA gauging where the community stands on adding content specifically for the Mortal Empires campaign and leaving Game 1 behind as a standalone?
    A WIZARD SHOULD KNOW BETTER!