Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Mortal Empires won't launch on my Warhammer 2 game

sharperoysharperoy Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 5
Dear All,

I have the Warhammer 2 TW version installed on my steam account.

I downloaded the update today together with the Mortal Empires DLC and when I am trying to launch the Mortal Empires DLC I am getting a message saying 'In order to play the Mortal Empires campaign, you must have Total War Warhammer 2 in your Steam Library'. I have TW Warhammer 2 in my steam library. I have tried to install and reinstall the game, verify the game... I have also tried running this on a different PC on the same Steam account.

I am still getting the same message.

Can anyone kindly assist please?

Comments

• BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 39,735
    Do you have mods installed? Have you verified the game cache?

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • sharperoysharperoy Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5
    Hi BillyRuffian,

I do not have any mods installed.

Also, more than a game crash, it's more of a warning message (see attachment).
  • ara9753ara9753 Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited October 2017
    Hello sharperoy,

I have one question, have you got Warhammer I in your libary?

Why i asked you? I read that this DLC is for owners of both games (Warhammer I and II) to link them together.
  • mermaidmanmermaidman Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited October 2017
    I am having the same problem. Have installed mortal empires but not all factions are available for custom battle (no empire) and when I try to play the new campaign it says "claim free content" at the bottom.. Clicking it takes me to steam where it shows the option "Download Total War: WARHAMMER II - Mortal Empires" . Also Mortal Empires is shown under downloadable content at the home screen.

I am guessing, but hoping not, the answer is to uninstall everything and install again :(

Edit: Download has now kicked off again, bit confusing but hopefully will work after this

All works now, please disregard this post
  • sharperoysharperoy Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5
    edited October 2017
    Guys,

I have contacted Sega Support directly. They told me that we need both games (Warhammer 1 and 2) to play the DLC.

What I found a bit funny is that on the Mortal Empires DLC there is written
    "Downloadable Content
    This content requires the base game Total War: WARHAMMER II on Steam in order to play."

Also, the warning message on the game was saying that I needed Warhammer 2 in my library to be able to play it. Ironically, it had to say that I need both Warhammer 1 and 2 to play as I already had Warhammer 2.

Conclusion, we need to purchase both games to play it (my bank account will not like it).

• ValuialValuial Registered Users Posts: 15
    For those who own TWWR 1 and 2 in steam:
    Reboot your computer AFTER the 4 gig update, steam'll download ANOTHER update (~700 MB)... then you can play mortal empire campaign... they were not able to release a game with proper display port support so... screwing up on the update is no unachievable deed.
  • mermaidmanmermaidman Registered Users Posts: 2
    Valuial said:

For those who own TWWR 1 and 2 in steam:
    Reboot your computer AFTER the 4 gig update, steam'll download ANOTHER update (~700 MB)... then you can play mortal empire campaign... they were not able to release a game with proper display port support so... screwing up on the update is no unachievable deed.

Yup this is what happened to me
  • Shieldhero90Shieldhero90 Creative Assembly Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 1,036
    Hi Everyone,

If you are having an issue with launching Mortal Empires and it is stating you need Warhammer II to launch, I would like to let you know that this afternoon (GMT) that we will be deploying a hot fix for this issue.

Kind Regards,

CA_Nate
    Forum Terms & Conditions

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • Jmike504Jmike504 Registered Users Posts: 4
    So do we need both 1 and 2 in order to play mortal empires? Or is Warhammer 2 sufficent. I only have warhammer 2 and it says in the steam library that i have mortal empires installed, but when I go to the campaign screen to launch the new campaign, in the bottom right it says download new content to play. Im wondering if anyone can help me with this or if it will be addressed in the hotfix.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 39,735
    Jmike504 said:

So do we need both 1 and 2 in order to play mortal empires? Or is Warhammer 2 sufficent. I only have warhammer 2 and it says in the steam library that i have mortal empires installed, but when I go to the campaign screen to launch the new campaign, in the bottom right it says download new content to play. Im wondering if anyone can help me with this or if it will be addressed in the hotfix.

Read the second paragraph of the notes here https://www.totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires-patch-notes

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • TrivanDKTrivanDK Registered Users Posts: 1
    It just do not make sense - the FAQ writes

Mortal Empires requires ownership of both Total War: WARHAMMER and Total War: WARHAMMER II to play. Once downloaded, Mortal Empires will appear as a new playable campaign in the WARHAMMER II campaigns menu, alongside the Eye of the Vortex campaign.

But when you open your TW2 game, it say that the Mortal Combat is "FREE"- and "this update req' the full game of TW2 to play" ... here 2 times no mention about TW1

Also, lets say its right that you need both TW1 and TW2 - then it leave no option to buy Mortal Combat? - well other than paying 30EUR for TW1 which makes no sense at all

Sorry but I feel cheated into buying TW1.....
  • Ndio80Ndio80 Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2018
    Opprinnelig skrevet av retaxis:
    ok i may have worked out a fix to this by accident... I have the same problem.
    1. close and reopen steam.
    2. right click warhammer 2 from games list.
    3. goto dlc and uncheck mortal empires and recheck it.
    4. that started a "download" for me that didnt show on the warhammer 2 icon.

I'm now waiting for that download to complete then i'll let you know if that worked.

edit: download finished and mortal empires works for me now... goodluck everyone :).
  • MSalihijoAAMSalihijoAA Registered Users Posts: 1
    I have being have that problem but for longer.
    I redownloaded Total Warhammer 2and the DLC mortal empire for more than 20 time
  • SnikkelSnikkel Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2019
    What a nonsense.. Why would they let you buy the older version of the game just to play a DLC for the newer version.. Are there hacks around this? This is ridiculous.. I just payed for a game and cant play its content..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file