Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Crash on AI Faction Turn / Mortal Empires

CalorCalor Posts: 15Registered Users
V: 1.1.0
Build:

Running Mods
(should have no impact on the variables which caused the crash but is needed in order to be able to load the savegame) :
Tyrion and Teclis Mount Dragons (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1162099764&searchtext=)
Cataph's Southern Realms (TEB) 2.0 (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1158737832)

Detailed description:
In my Mortal Empire Campaign as Tyrion / High Elves as soon as the "Bloody Handz" are the acting AI after hitting the "End Turn Button" the game freezes.
I haven't met them yet so I have no diplomatic contact with them.

Reproduction Steps:
- Load Save
- hit "End Turn"
- wait until it's the "Bloody Handz" Turn

Details of any solutions that have already been attempted:

Reload of the Game
Restart of the PC

Thanks in advance for your help and time :)

Comments

• Black_DukeBlack_Duke Posts: 1Registered Users
    I have run into almost exactly the same problem, but the game freezes when Barak Varr is taking their turn, on turn 48.
  • ColinBencroffColinBencroff Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited October 2017
    I'm playing currently with Malekith and I crash everytime in Morathi's turn (turn 68). I tried to reload a previous game, and again I crashed in Morathi's turn (this time, turn 66). Edit: Some people said a long time ago this happens when AI try to recruit agents and there isn't enough space to spawn it (due to AI not moving their agents and them being near the city). I saw Morathi's capital with an agent very close to it, so maybe this is actually the problem.
    Post edited by ColinBencroff on
  • DakkaDonDakkaDon Junior Member Posts: 14Registered Users
    Exact same problem on turn 44 as Malekith with Clan Skyre's turn. Not a mod problem, this diversity means it's almost certainly an issue with the AI trying to do something that trips the game up. Good money on agents being the issue. No solution found to date.
  • LewisofMacedonLewisofMacedon Posts: 1Registered Users
    I'm having this issue with Clan Skryre on turn 26. Even loading an earlier save did not fix this issue once it reached turn 26.
  • sgtSkiratasgtSkirata Posts: 2Registered Users
    This happened to me playing as Empire. On turn 63 the game freezes and crashes when it is the Greeskins turn.
  • CA_NateCA_Nate Creative Assembly Posts: 1,036Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    Hi Everyone,

In regards to crashes or game freezing during a turn would you be able to provide us with the following pieces of information below:

1. A game save file for just before this occurring
    2. Your DXdiag and also preferences script
    3. Alongside all this after a crash, a crash report may of been generated

Below is a link to how you can find these files and post them to the forums

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/201808/guide-to-posting-in-campaign-battle#latest

To find the possible crash file this might be located in the appdata folder and crash report folder.

Kind Regards,

CA_Nate
    Forum Terms & Conditions

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    Let me know if you need a full modlist, or if that info is contained somewhere in the log.

Know its happened to people who are playing modless so please don't assume I've just broken the game and am looking for someone to blame :D

Moved past that campaign so the specific autosave that broke things has gone, but it happens on turn 44 which may be that save I just sent.
    Apologies, your awesome new save system compartmentalises autosaves! I forgot, here's the exact one it breaks on (clan Skyre).

Also attached the info I forgot in the above post.
  • AleireonAleireon Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited November 2017
    Hello,

I have also been suffering the same problem as Malekith, when the lizardmen try to chat it then crashes.
    Has anyone found any solutions at all yet ?

Version 1.1.0
  • GingerFrenzyGingerFrenzy Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited November 2017
    Will there be any update on this from CA? Just had this occur for me last night for the first time in Mortal Empires. Playing as Mazdamundi and an AI I'm at war with will try to ask for peace but it crashes before the diplomacy window opens. Disabled all mods that I can while still being able to load the save, same issue. Only mod running that does anything with diplomacy is "Easier Trade" which shouldn't matter as its about turn 120 ish and there hasn't been any issues before this

Attached save is right before the crash, hope a fix can be found as I don't want to write off this campaign.

V1.1.1
    Build : 5078.1221711
  • Caball3roCaball3ro Posts: 3Registered Users
    hi
    I just had the same problem yesterday,

Turn 56, playing as the Empire, on the blue vipers turn. Please tell us this is going to be fixed, and/or you have seen the cause of this problem !!
    I would like to mention that I have mods installed, not overhauls but just some to enhance the game. I don't think they might the cause of the bug.

BTW this is a list of the mods I use:

[Mortal Empires] Tabletop banners and emblems
    Walls for all settlements of all major races
    Sebidee's Unit Resize
    Sebidee's Realistic Flight
    Provincial Roads
    No Light Beams
    Lizardmen Colour Variation
    Less Blood, Less Gore! - II
    Improved Arrow Trails
    Immersive Battle Banners
    Home Region Movement Bonus
    GCCM2: Custom Assets
    GCCM: Mortal Empires (King's Glade)
    Dryrain's Reskin Overhaul I (TWW 1 Factions) (+2 +3)
    Cultural Settlement Skins
    Crynsos' Faction Unlocker+
    Community Modding Framework
    Building Progression Icons II
    Better Campaign Camera
    Better Camera Mod

Any info/help will be appreciated
    Any info on this? I read more and more people having the same problem in different sites
  • ReynardColeReynardCole Posts: 3Registered Users
    DakkaDon said:

Exact same problem on turn 44 as Malekith with Clan Skyre's turn. Not a mod problem, this diversity means it's almost certainly an issue with the AI trying to do something that trips the game up. Good money on agents being the issue. No solution found to date.

Hi all,

As stated this seems an on-going issue, one I had myself. Hit turn 144, crash at Blue Viper turn, good news is I seem to have solved it as I am on turn 150 now. I am not an expert but I will list the things I did and maybe it will be helpful.

I have some mods installed and tried switching each off one at a time to no avail, searched the web tried a few quick fix's people had suggested again to no avail.

I then noticed the point raised about agents, I have a lower agent cap mod fitted, so I disabled that and then installed an even lower agent cap mod (limiting to 2 agents) in the hope that the Blue Vipers would no longer have agents to recruit. It seems to have worked for me. One other thing I noticed is that the Blue Vipers are no longer in game so I assume they have been wiped out on turn 144, maybe they were trying to spawn an agent at their last settlement on top of the sieging army? Still as I said I am no expert, hope this helps in some way.

DakkaDon said:

Hi all,

As stated this seems an on-going issue, one I had myself. Hit turn 144, crash at Blue Viper turn, good news is I seem to have solved it as I am on turn 150 now. I am not an expert but I will list the things I did and maybe it will be helpful.

I have some mods installed and tried switching each off one at a time to no avail, searched the web tried a few quick fix's people had suggested again to no avail.

I then noticed the point raised about agents, I have a lower agent cap mod fitted, so I disabled that and then installed an even lower agent cap mod (limiting to 2 agents) in the hope that the Blue Vipers would no longer have agents to recruit. It seems to have worked for me. One other thing I noticed is that the Blue Vipers are no longer in game so I assume they have been wiped out on turn 144, maybe they were trying to spawn an agent at their last settlement on top of the sieging army? Still as I said I am no expert, hope this helps in some way.
    LOL, alas turn 174 and again goes down. This time I took the last settlement of a faction, could see last 2 unit army and game crashed after it moved for no apparent reason. Managed to get past this by not taking the settlement until I had killed the army, did this, ended turn then game crashed on the turn of a rebel faction that I have no contact with:) Good grief, alas it is sadly at the point that it is not worth putting any further time into this game until someone can sort it, fingers crossed as I love this game:(

P.S First crash again was on a Greenskin faction turn, if that means anything:)
    :neutral:

Sad to hear that.
    I stopped playing until I hear someone from CA to inform us about this issue :(
  • HauwieHauwie Posts: 4Registered Users
    I'm crashing all over the place. These last months I started at least 7 campaigns and all of them crashed at some point. A few wouldn't load anymore and some crashed during AI turns. I really love this game, but it is simply unplayable. CA, do something please.
    Really annoying.

Turn 298 and it happened again, all 3 crashed have happened on Greenskin turns, 2 of them happened when last settlement taken and then their last army moves. 3 times on Greenskin turn, 2 I have seen the last settlement fall and then the game crashes on move of the last army, coincidence? Still messed up this time the save before this is at turn 256, I don't fancy going back and doing everything again :p

I am the same love this game but this is past making the effort anymore :'(
  • drwitchdrwitch Posts: 2Registered Users
    Dear CA_Nate,

sounds to me like the same issue here. Just load the save game and press "end turn".

Good luck on fixing the bug.

V1.1.1
    Build : 5078.1221711
  • DarkMessiah27DarkMessiah27 Posts: 1Registered Users
    I have the same problem playing as Tomb Kings. Crashes on one of the High Elf factions.

I'm not that far into the campaign yet, fortunately, but now I'm not sure if I want to invest any time in starting a different campaign if this bug can rear its ugly head at any point :S.

I've got three crash reports from trying it three times. Hope that helps.
  • DommelrbbDommelrbb Posts: 9Registered Users
    edited January 2018
    @CA_Nate

Thanks for helping so far.

Can you confirm if this is already an official bug and so we need to wait on a fix?

Edit: Assuming this is the same crash as in the Vortex campaign.
  • GediminasLMGediminasLM Junior Member Posts: 32Registered Users
    edited January 2018
    Yes, I'd like a confirmation too on when this is going to be fixed... If it's going to be fixed at all...

I don't want to start or continue any campaigns knowing that I will crash at some point...

I lost a good save game because of this stupid issue... I removed all game files and reinstalled the game (I was hoping it will fix the crashes) but forgot to upload my few days old Tyrion campaign to a cloud... Now I have to start again...
  • jtslugmaster08jtslugmaster08 Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited January 2018
    Playing currently as Lizardmen turn 70. Game crashes after ending turn on College of PyroTechnics.

I had multiple .stack and .mdmp files in my crash reports however all the .stack files had the exact same text. So I provided the most recent one for you.

I was running the game on dx11 and the build number is v1.3.0 6014.1273082

Hope this helps.

I am a little upset that I can't continue my progress unless I start a new game and from the sounds of other players it looks like im rolling the die as it could happen again at any time. As a programmer though I know its not easy so
    good luck squashing the bug! I hope I can play soon.

Also I hope they are still looking at this thread as most people who posted had an earlier version number (v1.1)
    Post edited by jtslugmaster08 on
  • Twc2268Twc2268 Posts: 1Registered Users
    any news on if they fixed this yet?
  • jacksun2000jacksun2000 Posts: 1Registered Users
    why is there no news on a fix? we paid good money for this game(s) and are not able to play it.
  • LiQuiD1389LiQuiD1389 Posts: 4Registered Users
    same crash here, no news from CA since november 2017...
  • NocereNocere Posts: 4Registered Users
    Wtf is this?! I paid for game which is unplayable and just wasted my time cause always at some point in campaign i cant play any more cause of stupid crash! And no F&#&# solution or answer from CA!
  • broxogarbroxogar Posts: 1Registered Users
    This is still happening in March 2018.

I note that something similar was happening with Total War: Warhammer and they fixed it. I can only assume that by incorporating the Warhammer factions into Total War: Warhammer II for Mortal Empires, that same bug has reappeared.

I hope they do something about this. I've been playing this franchise since the original Rome game, but game breaking bugs like this really ruin the whole experience and make me question whether buying the next game is worth it.
  • btadbtad Junior Member Posts: 9Registered Users
    Wait so ca can delete my post on here but you cant even tell us your looking into it or idk just fix it?
  • Blah123Blah123 Posts: 1Registered Users
    Happening to me, several runs in a row aswell :/ One on dwarves around turn 100-110 on a lizardmans faction (I think, not touched the save since...), one as Lothern turn 97 when it gets to clan skryres turn. This is getting absurd, CA.
  • cccr201cccr201 Posts: 7Registered Users
    Suddenly has just happened to me too. High Elves' campaign turn 64...
    I had to stop playing after having tried anything

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file