Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

An Update on our Upcoming Historical Releases

167891012»

Comments

• hitman_8182hitman_8182 Member Posts: 34Registered Users
    Empire 2, Medieval 3 are my favorite , especially Medieval 3 :)
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,209Registered Users
    edited December 2017
    Medieval period is my favourite after Rome.

Medieval have very nice cities, fortress, strongholds, castles, etc... Units also have very nice armours, ornaments, helmets, uniforms, weapons, etc... All factions are awesome because almost all of them are already civilized.

Everything about this time period is awesome...

Anyways, what will you feel if the next game is still being made in the current engine?

Medieval must be made in new game engine!

P.S.

Who among you have seen Knightfall?

It's awesome...
    Post edited by jamreal18 on
  • PrometheusPrometheus Senior Member Posts: 765Registered Users
    Medieval III please!
  • RebeccaRedRebeccaRed Member Posts: 35Registered Users
    I'm hoping and praying that the next Total War will be Total War: Victoria. So much potential for 19th Century Warfare. Can even add the American Civil War as an Expansion similar to Fall of the Samurai or as a Total War Saga. Then there's the Industrial Revolution, 19th Century is the biggest turning point in modern history, and would make for a great Total War experience with many Saga's/Expansion potential.

• alsaadialsaadi Posts: 18Registered Users
    Where is Islam, the Seljuk state, the Ayyubid state, the Mamluks, the Fatimid state, and the Ottoman state, which has 600 years of wisdom? Why is there no version of Total Games for the Muslims?

• alsaadialsaadi Posts: 18Registered Users
  • IntranetusaIntranetusa Junior Member Posts: 598Registered Users
    edited December 2017
    alsaadi said:

Where is Islam, the Seljuk state, the Ayyubid state, the Mamluks, the Fatimid state, and the Ottoman state, which has 600 years of wisdom? Why is there no version of Total Games for the Muslims?

What are you talking about? Have you played the earlier Total War games before? There have been plenty of Muslim factions in Total War games - including Medieval 1 Total War, Medieval 2 Total War, and Napoleon Total War.

Muslim factions such as Fatimid Egypt, Seljuk-Turks, Moors, Timurids, etc are in MTW 1 & 2. Muslim factions such as the Ottoman Turks are in Napoleon Total War.

If we want to talk about underrepresented religions, then there have actually been religions they have never done - they never have done a Total War game about nations with Buddhism, Taoism or Confucianism, which have 2500 years of "wisdom." They've never done a game about nations with Hinduism, which has 3000 years of "wisdom."

There have been plenty of nations with Islam, Christianity, and Paganism in TW games. Why are there no version of Total War games for Buddhists, Confucianists, Taoists, Hindus, etc? In terms of under-representation, then those should take priority right now.
  • D_RandalD_Randal Posts: 4Registered Users
    edited December 2017
    I'd say take a new time period, where one of the older titles left off.

My 2 picks would be:

Victorian Period
    Set after Napoleon (the Congress of Vienna to be exact) and up to WW1. A time of revolutions, colonialism and rapid advancement of industry and military technology. We start with flintlocks and smoothbore cannons to end with breech loaders, Mauser rifles, Winchesters, Maxims and railway guns. You could say it's an Empire deluxe version, set in a time when such drastic changes were commonplace. Plus, the old Napoleonic way of conducting warfare prevailed up to WW1, therefore the current system of units, cavalry and battle will still be true to the historical way of fighting. We already had a small preview in the form of Fall of the Samurai. This would take it a step further. It also allows the return of a wider world map in the scope of Mortal Empires or Empire. It is a great period for individual campaigns: the American Civil War, Boer Wars, Hungarian Revolution, Crimean War, Polish Uprisings, the Latin American Wars of Independence, Taiping Rebellion, Opium Wars, Zulu War, etc. All in all, a great choice.

Pike and Shot Period
    My plan B, if you will, would be set between Medieval 2 and Empire, the late Renaissance and Baroque period. The pike and shot formations are prevalent, it is a period when religious turmoil is rampaging across Europe and colonization is going strong. Tercios, Dutch and Swedish brigade tactics, as well as some unconventional ones, such as those from Poland or the Ottoman Empire. It is the hayday of mercenaries and mercenary armies, a time when they were at their greatest demand. Many great individual campaigns: the French Religious Wars, the 30 Years War, the Deluge, the English Civil War, etc.

Plus, it would be great to, one day, link all those games with the possibility of converting saves to newer titles, such as those from Medieval 2 to the Pike and Shot, then Empire, then Napoleon, etc.
    Post edited by D_Randal on
  • Akilles29Akilles29 Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited December 2017

If we want to talk about underrepresented religions, then there have actually been religions they have never done - they never have done a Total War game about nations with Buddhism, Taoism or Confucianism, which have 2500 years of "wisdom." They've never done a game about nations with Hinduism, which has 3000 years of "wisdom."

There have been plenty of nations with Islam, Christianity, and Paganism in TW games. Why are there no version of Total War games for Buddhists, Confucianists, Taoists, Hindus, etc? In terms of under-representation, then those should take priority right now.

Guess you missed Empire and both Shoguns then.
  • IntranetusaIntranetusa Junior Member Posts: 598Registered Users
    edited December 2017
    Akilles29 said:

Guess you missed Empire and both Shoguns then.
    Oh snap, you're right. That crosses out Hinduism and Buddhism. I guess we're left with Confucianism and Taoism then as religions not represented in TW games. (not counting the Japanese hybrid religions that incorporated Taoism and Confucianism into Buddhism)
  • buutronbuutron Posts: 26Registered Users
    Not really interested in Empire 2 or a Pike and Shot game.

The Ultimate General series have already proved they could do that better than CA.

Medieval 3 all the way ;)
  • LunyblackmumbaLunyblackmumba Posts: 2Registered Users
    Honestly I'm pretty new to this but I have to go with a victoria-area leading towards the 1900s World War I not saying to get there but to start expanding to a global map like they did with Total War Empire it's a lot to load but I think nowadays it can handle it and it would be interesting to put all of that history into one Asia to North America to Europe I mean he'll you can leave and leave some countries out but to put most of them in at least the ones that were majorly involved in the Imperial area would be fantastic but that's just a hopeful person talking and I best voice texting all of this and by the way Naval Combat has to return it's just such a big deal but truly in the first world war it wasn't much but it's always good to have at leading up to experiment
  • alstlalstl Member Posts: 313Registered Users
    edited January 2018
    buutron said:

Not really interested in Empire 2 or a Pike and Shot game.

The Ultimate General series have already proved they could do that better than CA.

Medieval 3 all the way ;)

I don't own Ultimate General but I've seen youtube videos and it is not nearly as good as total war.

I'll buy the new Britain game which takes place in the 1800's just because I buy everything this company puts out but my preference is for the firearm era in both land and sea battles. Therefore I'd prefer a firearm era game.

I guessing after the new Britain game is released we will get more news on this new era game.
  • LunyblackmumbaLunyblackmumba Posts: 2Registered Users
    Just thinking about the use of armor mixed with infantry and then you can throw aircraft into it I know it's a little complex but if anyone can do it the people at creative assembly can
  • Psycho_VPsycho_V Registered User Posts: 503Registered Users
    edited January 2018

alsaadi said:

What are you talking about? Have you played the earlier Total War games before? There have been plenty of Muslim factions in Total War games - including Medieval 1 Total War, Medieval 2 Total War, and Napoleon Total War.

Muslim factions such as Fatimid Egypt, Seljuk-Turks, Moors, Timurids, etc are in MTW 1 & 2. Muslim factions such as the Ottoman Turks are in Napoleon Total War.

If we want to talk about underrepresented religions, then there have actually been religions they have never done - they never have done a Total War game about nations with Buddhism, Taoism or Confucianism.
    AND the elephant in the room, CA refuses / find convenient means of avoiding any Jewish / Hebrew state despite the nation of Israel dating back 3200 + years (Egyptian Merneptah- Son of Ramesses II-Stele 1207 BC) and having a significant impact on world history (regardless of one's politics).

my2bob

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for THEE!" - (John Donne, 1572 – 1631, Meditation 17)
  • totenvikingtotenviking Junior Member Posts: 9Registered Users
    Total War: ROME II - Empire Divided Lord of the world Tournament Emperor Aurelian http://rusleague.org/index.php https://discord.gg/4KhDU9A
  • rotariirotarii Posts: 2Registered Users
    Psycho_V said:

alsaadi said:

If we want to talk about underrepresented religions, then there have actually been religions they have never done - they never have done a Total War game about nations with Buddhism, Taoism or Confucianism.
    AND the elephant in the room, CA refuses / find convenient means of avoiding any Jewish / Hebrew state despite the nation of Israel dating back 3200 + years (Egyptian Merneptah- Son of Ramesses II-Stele 1207 BC) and having a significant impact on world history (regardless of one's politics).

my2bob

I would love a game that would take me through an Exodus of Israel! with prophets instead of priests and God in place of the pope/senate mechanics or something like that. campaign map plague systems, and wrath of God mechanics when missions are disobeyed. There is so much biblical history that can be thrown in there. Goliath. Samson. Epic wars. plagues of Egypt. I expect a Total War Saga: Exodus coming soon.