Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

An Update on our Upcoming Historical Releases

Comments

• BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 34,793Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    A few personal slanging comments removed. Please discuss the topic and not each other.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • mw51630mw51630 Member Posts: 1,593Registered Users
    jamreal18 said:

For which game is this picture?

Look at the soldiers uniforms...

I find those two soldiers' hats/caps almost confusing. It reminds me much more of WW1/WW2, but that bearded fellow they are talking to isn't that...
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIPosts: 7,133Registered Users
    It's got to be post-Roman, and that's the confusing part. They are clearly non-Japanese, and I can't think of a European/Asian war that would take place with the dude in the middle fitting it, it's clearly a pre-1700s robe.

Are we really getting a Medieval II expansion?
    Thrones of Britannia: 69/100
    Warhammer II: 73/100
    Warhammer: 79/100
    Attila: 70/100 [Age of Charlemagne: 72/100]
    Rome II: 49/100
    Shogun II: 93/100 [Fall of the Samurai: 95/100]
    Napoleon: 58/100
    Empire: 53/100
    Medieval II: 90/100 [Kingdoms: 90/100]
    Rome I: 88/100
    Medieval I: 92/100
    Shogun I: 84/100
    SiWI said:

could it be ..... rose wars?

One of my favorite historical wars. But what game could it be for? Not Attila or Rome II or Shogun II. I cannot believe that we will get one for Medieval II, but what else fits?

Also, how does the Crow banter fit it.
  • SbygneusSbygneus Posts: 744Registered Users
    edited November 2017
    These are Polish/Hungarian hairstyle. Shaved sides and longer on top. They have slashed sleeves and steel cuirasses. And the guy entering the tent is John Hunyadi who led a Polish/Hungarian coallition against Turks! I think its Medieval II expansion!

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,156Registered Users
    Sbygneus said:

These are Polish/Hungarian hairstyle. Shaved sides and longer on top. They have slashed sleeves and steel cuirasses. And the guy entering the tent is John Hunyadi who led a Polish/Hungarian coallition against Turks! I think its Medieval II expansion!

http://wappenwiki.org/images/thumb/2/25/Corvinus_Janos.svg/220px-Corvinus_Janos.svg.png

But the graphics of Medieval 2 is outdated already...
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 9,072Registered Users
    MrJade said:

SiWI said:

could it be ..... rose wars?

One of my favorite historical wars. But what game could it be for? Not Attila or Rome II or Shogun II. I cannot believe that we will get one for Medieval II, but what else fits?

Also, how does the Crow banter fit it.
    well...

FotS did bring rifles to Shogun 2....

then this maybe brings muskets in the saga game?
    Or the big rome 2 DLC?
    edited November 2017
    These are Polish/Hungarian hairstyle. Shaved sides and longer on top. They have slashed sleeves and steel cuirasses. And the guy entering the tent is John Hunyadi who led a Polish/Hungarian coallition against Turks!

And Hunyadi's coat of arms:

• wildmugatowildmugato Senior Member Posts: 465Registered Users
    Suliot said:

Nice to hear from the historical teams again. Can't wait to see what they've got in store for us!

What? You mean there are teams that do this? OMG I thought CA was a Warhammer games only club. I forgot all about what made them..

Back to the basics and lets get back to Historical Total War games again. Thank God !
    ========================================== The Wild Mugato ==========================================

TOTAL WAR / Thrones of Britannia / Warhammer 1 & 2 / Attila /
    Rome 1 & 2 / Rome - Alexander / Empire / Napoleon / Shogun 1 & 2 / Medieval 1 & 2 / Medieval Barbarians /
    All games listed have all DLC's & Packs that were offered /

====================================================================================
  • LaytonBhoyLaytonBhoy Junior Member Posts: 139Registered Users
    I've gotta say, I am super-psyched for this.

Can't wait to see what the historical teams have got in store.

I still say if the historical title isn't Glasgow: Total War something will have gone wrong somewhere :)
  • MorkMork Posts: 184Registered Users
    Rose wars might be a possibility.

Or the reformation era 1500-1600.

Or the 30 years war.

Or the Anglo-Scottish wars,
  • SuliotSuliot Senior Member Posts: 609Registered Users
    It's the viking invasion guys, he was talking about the Raven banner of the vikings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raven_banner
    Suliot said:

It's the viking invasion guys, he was talking about the Raven banner of the vikings.

Maybe. I still don't think Attila qualifies as "one of the older games..."
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 9,072Registered Users
    Mork said:

Rose wars might be a possibility.

Or the reformation era 1500-1600.

Or the 30 years war.

Or the Anglo-Scottish wars,

I said rose wars because of the Ireland teaser.
    Don't know many era where Ireland would be that important.
    Remember there are two historical total war titles in the making.

1 DLC

1 stand alone game.

Viking invasion might be another interesting period, from 793 onwards.

MrJade said:

Suliot said:

Maybe. I still don't think Attila qualifies as "one of the older games..."
    Viking Invasion is going to be the Saga title, the DLC is probably coming for Rome II.

There is no expansion pack coming for Medieval 2, that would be ridiculous.
    Mork said:

Remember there are two historical total war titles in the making.

1 DLC

1 stand alone game.

Viking invasion might be another interesting period, from 793 onwards.

There are 3 historical projects: DLC, Saga and new Historical title in an era we haven't seen before.
    Suliot said:

Viking Invasion is going to be the Saga title, the DLC is probably coming for Rome II.

There is no expansion pack coming for Medieval 2, that would be ridiculous.

Proof will be in the pudding soon enough. "...we’re hoping to announce relatively soon, so everyone will see a lot more then." That means the expansion has to be announced very soon.
  • TheGhostOfProman16TheGhostOfProman16 Senior Member Posts: 1,749Registered Users
    I consider Rome 2 and Attila old games now they came out a few years ago.

Also I've been getting random updates to Rome 2 on Steam the last few weeks and they weren't Steam workshop updates they were actual game updates.

Sooo CA is doing something with Rome 2
    Died during the great YOYO wars
    Sbygneus said:

Pretty good guess on every front, except Medieval II??? You crazy man that game is more likely to be adapted to the iPhone than get an expansion!

I would say your guess but adapted for Attila. Seems like too big a jump for Rome II to make.

Total War: Rise of the Ottomans
    edited November 2017
    I still think that Attila is too new to be considered an "older game", its the second newest title, and an Ottoman/Hungarian conflict makes no sense for Rome II. It also doesn't fit with Shogun II or Empire.

We are left with 3 options.
    1. I'm wrong about Attila not being an "older title" and its for Attila. I doubt this, obviously.
    2. They are making an expansion for Medieval II.
    3. We are totally off on what they are hinting.

Keep in mind too, this isn't the Saga game. It's not a standalone and won't be called Total War anything, it'll just be like Charlemagne, an expansion.
    edited November 2017
    So, updated guess

DLC for Rome 2

Boudiccas rebellion or the Roman invasion of Britain.

Total war saga

The Vikings 793 onwards, maybe using the Attila engine.

New total war game

1500-1700.
    MrJade said:

I still think that Attila is too new to be considered an "older game", its the second newest title, and an Ottoman/Hungarian conflict makes no sense for Rome II. It also doesn't fit with Shogun II or Empire.

1. I'm wrong about Attila not being an "older title" and its for Attila. I doubt this, obviously.

Keep in mind too, this isn't the Saga game. It's not a standalone and won't be called Total War anything, it'll just be like Charlemagne, an expansion.

There is no way they're making an expansion for Medieval II, that would be like Microsoft making an expansion for the first Halo. It's so friggin old!

I could see them just reusing Rome II mechanics even if the time period is totally different. But I'm sticking with Attila. The original Attila was launched in 2013, I think that counts as "old."
    Mork said:

So, updated guess

DLC for Rome 2

Boudiccas rebellion or the Roman invasion of Britain.

Total war saga

The Vikings 793 onwards, maybe using the Attila engine.

New total war game

1500-1700.

This, except for the Rome 2 DLC. I don't think it's going to be about Boadicea, the artwork they showed months ago featured a Germanic warrior with a Cherusci pattern on his shield. So the DLC will probably be about Arminius and the Germanic Rebellion of 9 AD.

And yeah if the artwork they showed today is indeed for the next major historical title, then it means it will be set in the Renaissance Era, not in China as previously expected.
    mw51630 said:

MrJade said:

There is no way they're making an expansion for Medieval II, that would be like Microsoft making an expansion for the first Halo. It's so friggin old!

I could see them just reusing Rome II mechanics even if the time period is totally different. But I'm sticking with Attila. The original Attila was launched in 2013, I think that counts as "old."
    You do realize older games are still getting expansions to this day, like Age of Mythology, Age of Empires II, Everquest, EVE Online, etc.? It's really not that far fetched. Age of Empires II has gotten 2 expansions 15+ years after release.
  • TheGhostOfProman16TheGhostOfProman16 Senior Member Posts: 1,749Registered Users
    edited November 2017
    Attila and Rome 2 is old and I think it's a safe bet

Buuuut If there's any black powder units in the game then Shogun 2 is also possible they are making a new map and Shogan is the newest game to implement black powder units and navies
    Died during the great YOYO wars
  • NeoYasNeoYas Posts: 480Registered Users
    My opinion; DLC for ROME II, TW SAGA for Attila, era? No idea.

MrJade said:

mw51630 said:

MrJade said:

You do realize older games are still getting expansions to this day, like Age of Mythology, Age of Empires II, Everquest, EVE Online, etc.? It's really not that far fetched. Age of Empires II has gotten 2 expansions 15+ years after release.
    Well for Age of Empire II, those are expansions for the remade game in HD. The game is getting remastered AGAIN, because it is such a classic game.

Medieval II has not had the same level as support as Age of Empires II.

The original Rome was just recently announced to be getting adjusted for use on an iPhone. Medieval II is barely a step up in quality compared to that game. It's honestly more likely CA would adjust Medieval II for the iPad than give it an expansion.

I mean, it's possible I'm wrong. But I'm probably not.
    Suliot said:

Maybe, but please, please not again Vikings! There are so many other....