Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Wood elf, High elf and Dark elf Confederation...

Comments

• JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 967

That was written in the book so it should be. That's how GW wrote it. I'm also sure that the End time is a **** time line. But it is what it is. When you read the 8th and the 9th that's how it is. SO STICK IT UP.

Not true, CA already deviates from the End Times quite a lot.

Your idea is a **** one. There. I said it. It shouldn't even be remotely possible.

They are different RACES (read: not sub-factions of each other) for a reason in TWWH.
  • TheCrimsonNightTheCrimsonNight Registered Users Posts: 72
    @JungleElf Ofc they are gonna deviate. If they didn't they are just copying GW work. Furthermore, they are the same Species. Did they just live in different areas and have different ideals. But there root is the same. You can't call a dog; if it's cat.

Go chop some wood jungle elf. There I said it.
  • ErminazErminaz Senior Member Las Vegas, Nevada, USARegistered Users Posts: 5,559
    edited November 2017

@JungleElf Ofc they are gonna deviate. If they didn't they are just copying GW work. Furthermore, they are the same Species. Did they just live in different areas and have different ideals. But there root is the same. You can't call a dog; if it's cat.

There is more to it than just being the same species, they have completely different cultures, you can't throw people together from very different ideologies and expect them all agree to be lead by the same person and to all get along without contention or out right hostility. Also the Wood Elves have been changed in some ways by the forest IIRC.

Do you also believe that Bretonnia should be able to confederate with Norsca? They are the same species after all.
    Tacitus Quotes:
    Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium; atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
    They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.
    The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government.

I found Rome a city of filth covered marble and left it a pile of rubble. - Me
    edited November 2017

Same species, yes, but still other in-game playable races. Like Bretonnia and The Empire or Norsca: All human, still different. Heck, even the Warriors of Chaos are basically 70% 'human'.

All these armybook-factions should be unique and their own thing. They're also vastly different lore-wise which makes working together in one army almost impossible.

There are limitations. Less is more sometimes. All three factions are unique, but still Elves. Should they confederate? Hell no.

Dark Elves have done horrible **** to the High Elves. Disgusting things like cold-blooded murder, slaughter and the most heinous of torment. They also have deviating ideologies. Why in Asuryan's name would the Asur confederate with Druchii? Or vice-versa? Or with the seemingly indifferent and almost apathetic Asrai.

End-Times fanwank, stop it. People hate it for a VERY good reason.
  • HazardMaksHazardMaks Registered Users Posts: 154
    Just mod it so you can recruit specific Wood Elven units from the "Occupied Oak Of Ages" as either the DEs or the HEs. That's what I did as the Dark Elves!

Not interested in the High Elves to do it though, always wanted my Waystalkers, Treekin, Wild Riders alongside my Executioners, Black Guards, Dreadknights, and Shades with greatswords. All led by Malekith. ;)
  • HexiHexi Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    HAhahahhahaha

No.
    There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt
    Erminaz said:

There is more to it than just being the same species, they have completely different cultures, you can't throw people together from very different ideologies and expect them all agree to be lead by the same person and to all get along without contention or out right hostility. Also the Wood Elves have been changed in some ways by the forest IIRC.

Do you also believe that Bretonnia should be able to confederate with Norsca? They are the same species after all.
    True. But You forgot to mention the End time Scenario. Either we work together or we both get wiped out. All in all Wood elf are actually a good race. They both worship the some of the gods. Bretonnia and Norsca have different Gods. The Brets worship sigmar ...or so Norsca Khorne or the chaos god. Thats the difference.
  • IntertriarriiaeIntertriarriiae Registered Users Posts: 385
    "Lore-wise it should"

Yes, united in death and raised as zombies!

But please no end times fiasco in my warhammer
    Just tossing in my 2 heresies every once in a while.
    edited November 2017

Erminaz said:

True. But You forgot to mention the End time Scenario. Either we work together or we both get wiped out. All in all Wood elf are actually a good race. They both worship the some of the gods. Bretonnia and Norsca have different Gods. The Brets worship sigmar ...or so Norsca Khorne or the chaos god. Thats the difference.
    Chaos is always a threat, yet the High Elves have NEVER banded together with Dark Elves. Occasionally with Wood Elves, yes, but no love was shared between these forces.

Heck, I think Druchii are almost more hated by the Asur than Daemons or other minions of Chaos (keyword is almost, not fully).
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,543
    JungleElf said:

Erminaz said:

Chaos is always a threat, yet the High Elves have NEVER banded together with Dark Elves.

Heck, I think Druchii are almost more hated than Daemons or other minions of Chaos (keyword is almost, not fully).
    On the other hand the Druchii banded together with Chaos against the High Elves
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN! TOTAL WAR TROY FOR ONE YEAR EXCLUSIVELY ON THE EPIC GAMES STORE!"

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • ErminazErminaz Senior Member Las Vegas, Nevada, USARegistered Users Posts: 5,559

Erminaz said:

You don't know much about the lore do you?
    Tacitus Quotes:
    Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium; atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
    They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace.

JungleElf said:

Same species, yes, but still other in-game playable races. Like Bretonnia and The Empire or Norsca: All human, still different. Heck, even the Warriors of Chaos are basically 70% 'human'.

All these armybook-factions should be unique and their own thing. They're also vastly different lore-wise which makes working together in one army almost impossible.

There are limitations. Less is more sometimes. All three factions are unique, but still Elves. Should they confederate? Hell no.

Dark Elves have done horrible **** to the High Elves. Disgusting things like cold-blooded murder, slaughter and the most heinous of torment. They also have deviating ideologies. Why in Asuryan's name would the Asur confederate with Druchii? Or vice-versa? Or with the seemingly indifferent and almost apathetic Asrai.

Fanwank? I was just considering the book itself. The army book itself was unique to its own thing. Lore-wise they did. Havent u seen the Eternal guards, lother seaguards and the dark elf one....? they both have the same equipment. Hence, its not impossible. Limitations, You kidding me. Chaos have the limitation. The Dark elf faction indeed have done bad things to HE but it was influenced entirely by Morathi.
    edited November 2017

JungleElf said:

Fanwank? I was just considering the book itself. The army book itself was unique to its own thing. Lore-wise they did. Havent u seen the Eternal guards, lother seaguards and the dark elf one....? they both have the same equipment. Hence, its not impossible. Limitations, You kidding me. Chaos have the limitation. The Dark elf faction indeed have done bad things to HE but it was influenced entirely by Morathi.
    Influenced entirely by Morathi?

Hahahahahahaha I'm done.

Malekith was a spiteful piece of crap, his mommy only fanned his fires.

@TheGuardianOfMetal Exactly. Although the Druchii don't want to see the world consumed by Chaos, they are occasionally still working with the Ruinous powers sometimes to screw their most hated foe.

Yet some people think Asur x Druchii will work. Laughable.
    I read the whole series. Do you?
    JungleElf said:

Erminaz said:

Chaos is always a threat, yet the High Elves have NEVER banded together with Dark Elves. Occasionally with Wood Elves, yes, but no love was shared between these forces.

Heck, I think Druchii are almost more hated by the Asur than Daemons or other minions of Chaos (keyword is almost, not fully).
    Teclis did! Prince Imrik of Caledor did! What are you saying?
    edited November 2017

JungleElf said:

Erminaz said:

Teclis did! Prince Imrik of Caledor did! What are you saying?
    I'm talking pre-End Times as I don't consider the End Times canon in the universe CA made. Neither do they.

The End Times were **** and really screwed over all the Asur fans as well as other fanbases.
    JungleElf said:

JungleElf said:

Hahahahahahaha I'm done.

During Tyrion's madness where his dauther got kidnap by the vampires. He was looking for teclis but teclis was with Malekith and try to consult him that he was the rightful heir to the phoenix king. Morathi knowing this will happen, she then went to tyrion and told that his brother teclis was conspiring against him.
    edited November 2017

JungleElf said:

JungleElf said:

Hahahahahahaha I'm done.

During Tyrion's madness where his dauther got kidnap by the vampires. He was looking for teclis but teclis was with Malekith and try to consult him that he was the rightful heir to the phoenix king. Morathi knowing this will happen, she then went to tyrion and told that his brother teclis was conspiring against him.
    You're still talking about the ludicrous End Times.

CA is not going to do the End Times, take that out of your head please.

EDIT: I'm talking about pre-End Times, trying to prove why the elf-chapters don't make any sense.
    edited November 2017

Yes I forced myself to read the entire End Times crap (I assume that is what you are talking about). There is much more lore than just that crap series. First of all Bretonnian do not worship Sigmar, they Worship the traditional human gods and the Nobles worship the Lady. You don't seem to have a very deep understanding of the Warhammer world outside of the End Times idiocy thus you don't understand how those books made very little sense.

That aside are you really going to say that every terrible thing done in Naggaroth was all the doing of Morathi and that Malekith had no say or hand in it? That Malekith never consorted with Daemons, never tortured and abused the High Elf people he got his hands on? That he was a good chap and is just blamed for the actions of others?
    Tacitus Quotes:

JungleElf said:

JungleElf said:

JungleElf said:

Hahahahahahaha I'm done.

Everything we talked about here is basically relate to END TIMES. I dont give a toss if they do it or not. I was just merely suggesting that possibility of confederation since they did it in the books.
    edited November 2017

JungleElf said:

JungleElf said:

JungleElf said:

Hahahahahahaha I'm done.

Everything we talked about here is basically relate to END TIMES. I dont give a toss if they do it or not. I was just merely suggesting that possibility of confederation since they did it in the books.
    And I and others are trying to tell you why you shouldn't even bother.
  • GreyRavenGreyRaven Registered Users Posts: 46

@GreyRaven the trouble with the rat race is that even when you win, you're still a rat .

And an elf is still an elf. Dark, high or wood they will always be stupid pointy ears, if they are united or not isn't a big deal for me, and if a united elven kingdom means more elves murdered in the trailers so just do it.
    Erminaz said:

Yes I forced myself to read the entire End Times crap (I assume that is what you are talking about). There is much more lore than just that crap series. First of all Bretonnian do not worship Sigmar, they Worship the traditional human gods and the Nobles worship the Lady. You don't seem to have a very deep understanding of the Warhammer world outside of the End Times idiocy thus you don't understand how those books made very little sense.

That aside are you really going to say that every terrible thing done in Naggaroth was all the doing of Morathi and that Malekith had no say or hand in it? That Malekith never consorted with Daemons, never tortured and abused the High Elf people he got his hands on? That he was a good chap and is just blamed for the actions of others?
    Ok that I forgot the whole part of Brettonia but if you do know what really did happen in the books then you should know by now. And No, Malekith is not the goody good guy you were pointing at me to him. Morathi worship the gods of chaos since she is quite verse in the black arts.

End Times Idiocy? You kidding me. Firstly, dont state that, since the whole point of confederating was to go against Chaos. You dont even know what high elfs faction joined Malekith at the end. If I were to say that I dont know much of the lore. I just forgot and misplace brettonians gods to empire.
  • Bel_IsarBel_Isar Registered Users Posts: 653

JungleElf said:

JungleElf said:

JungleElf said:

Hahahahahahaha I'm done.

It never made sense in those books in the first place. The Dark elves literaly have a yearly event, in wich the witch elves run rampage through the citys, murdering everyone they can get their hands on. How would the High Elves, who aren´t that many to beginn with, agree to that kind of ****?

"Sure, murder your way through Lothern, Mrs. Surely-not-in-any-kind-related-to-slaanesh-Witch Elv, since we´re united now again! Have Fun!"

Whats next? The Empire confederating Chaos, since the big bady grew up in Altdorf, just like Karl Franz?
    JungleElf said:

JungleElf said:

JungleElf said:

JungleElf said:

Hahahahahahaha I'm done.

How are you so sure that the CA wont do the END TIMES? Do you work for them?
    No, CA openly stated the warhammer series won't be end times related.

JungleElf said:

JungleElf said:

JungleElf said:

JungleElf said:

Hahahahahahaha I'm done.

They've said so.

All things in the campaigns also point towards this.

The Vortex Campaign is very unique and wouldn't fit into the End Times storyline.
    Bel_Isar said:

JungleElf said:

JungleElf said:

JungleElf said:

Hahahahahahaha I'm done.

It never made sense in those books in the first place. The Dark elves literaly have a yearly event, in wich the witch elves run rampage through the citys, murdering everyone they can get their hands on. How would the High Elves, who aren´t that many to beginn with, agree to that kind of ****?

"Sure, murderfuck your way through Lothern, Mrs. Surely-not-in-any-kind-related-to-slaanesh-Witch Elv, since we´re united now again! Have Fun!"

Whats next? The Empire confederating Chaos, since the big bady grew up in Altdorf, just like Karl Franz?
    Witch elves are a bloodlust whooores, As I said before early in the comment that not every dark elf would confederate just like in the books. Same with the High elves. Empire and Chaos confederating is way way wrong. that defeats the whole storyline of warhammer.
    JungleElf said:

JungleElf said:

JungleElf said:

JungleElf said:

JungleElf said:

Hahahahahahaha I'm done.

They've said so.

All things in the campaigns also point towards this.

The Vortex Campaign is very unique and wouldn't fit into the End Times storyline.
    There were no Athel loren on the Vortex Campaign. This topic was pointed at ME. Since it covers the New and the Old world. There is Trilogy. Time will tell. Or mod will do it.
    Dark elves, high elves and wood elves confederating destroys their whole storyline too