Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Mortal Empires is unfair... because it feels rushed

SenegioSenegio Junior MemberPosts: 5Registered Users
I am playing with Mors Clan on Legendary difficulty and it's a joke.

After a hundred turns dealing with VC and Last Defenders, Chaos appeared. At turn 170 they were near my capital, rushing me without fighting other factions, as you can see here:





They owned 6 full stacks before destroying my capital and one army. After dealing with them I started to rebuild my capital, and didn't even finish when they came again (turn 220)





And again they didn't fight vs AI. They literally rushed me. A few turns later (240) Chaos main faction appeared near my capital. 5 full stacks: Archaon, Kholek, Sigvald, the eagle-like one and a random one. Are you kidding me? Here? And again without fighting AI?





But hey, turn 257:



Beaten. Enough? Nah, moar please (turn 263)



...

And what happens now? Another unbalanced-rushed thing:




Literally 3 factions (4 with me) own every settlement :#

That Chaos bug + unbalanced auto-resolve + bugs like that (capital siege with 4 level wall xD):



Make me think you should have waited one month before releasing Mortal Empires. It needs one or two patches :(

Comments

  • Macoa1066Macoa1066 Posts: 341Registered Users
    All of these problems have already been brought up by multiple people multiple times. Besides you are playing on legendary which is designed to only reward the most number crunching and optimal play.
    Updated 8/27/2017:
    Warhammer: 1400 hours
    Attila: 955 hours
    Rome II: 765 hours
    Medieval II: 570 hours
    Rome I: 160 hours
    Shogun II: 10 hours
  • durbaldurbal Posts: 66Registered Users
    Hotfix for Chaos should be released tomorrow.
  • SenegioSenegio Junior Member Posts: 5Registered Users
    Macoa1066 said:

    All of these problems have already been brought up by multiple people multiple times. Besides you are playing on legendary which is designed to only reward the most number crunching and optimal play.

    Chaos problem yes (but without screenshots, and I want to prove they are not exaggerating even a bit), but I didn't see anyone talking about the other problem: 3 factions owning everything
  • SherShahSuriSherShahSuri Junior Member Posts: 1,109Registered Users
    Sounds/Looks like you had a lot of fun holding on for the survival of your nation's life!
  • JavorJavor Posts: 910Registered Users
    Maybe post in any one of the many threads discussing this?
  • krunshkrunsh Senior Member Posts: 3,676Registered Users
    edited November 2017
    1. Game is now harder, lower your difficulty. Complaining about Legendary being too hard or "unfair" is weird. It is meant to be unfair.
    2. Hotfix for chaos is coming out soon.
    i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz
    Geforce gtx 970
    16gb ram

    Team Skaven
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Posts: 1,596Registered Users
    Senegio said:

    Macoa1066 said:

    All of these problems have already been brought up by multiple people multiple times. Besides you are playing on legendary which is designed to only reward the most number crunching and optimal play.

    Chaos problem yes (but without screenshots, and I want to prove they are not exaggerating even a bit), but I didn't see anyone talking about the other problem: 3 factions owning everything
    The Chaos thing, everyone accepts it. I got the Mod as soon as it was released, and my game is now fine.

    3 Factions owning everything...what exactly do you expect? lol
  • SenegioSenegio Junior Member Posts: 5Registered Users
    krunsh said:

    1. Game is now harder, lower your difficulty. Complaining about Legendary being too hard or "unfair" is weird. It is meant to be unfair.
    2. Hotfix for chaos is coming out soon.

    Hmmm, what? I am not complaining about Legendary difficulty :o I'm complaining about bugs and balance of Mortal Empires.
    Surge_2 said:

    Senegio said:

    Macoa1066 said:

    All of these problems have already been brought up by multiple people multiple times. Besides you are playing on legendary which is designed to only reward the most number crunching and optimal play.

    Chaos problem yes (but without screenshots, and I want to prove they are not exaggerating even a bit), but I didn't see anyone talking about the other problem: 3 factions owning everything
    The Chaos thing, everyone accepts it. I got the Mod as soon as it was released, and my game is now fine.

    3 Factions owning everything...what exactly do you expect? lol
    A more balanced game? At turn 250 I can only fight vs 3 factions. I can't think you are ok with that
  • MorkMork Posts: 239Registered Users
    Isn't Spanish a beautiful language

    Tierra des Los Muertos, Elfos silvanos, Hombres bestia

    Nice!
  • eichkatereichkater Posts: 17Registered Users
    The big issue I have with the game is that it does not become harder because the AI becomes more intelligent, it just becomes harder because it cheats more.

    The AI STILL does the same stupid crap it did in TW:WH1 like declaring war on you without having any inclination of conquering or even attacking you. I have the feeling that it got even more stupid. During my last campaign Chaos rushed me as well but not in force. They would send out a single army against a settlement with tier 3 walls and a full stack army inside while the doomstack was just waiting around. There is no logic in that. They would attack Lord Malekith (on lvl 40) and a high tier army with a single army. Auto resolve was 95% in my favor. There is no logic in that.

    I really would have appreciated a STRATEGY game. You dont need no strategy.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Posts: 1,596Registered Users
    Senegio said:

    krunsh said:

    1. Game is now harder, lower your difficulty. Complaining about Legendary being too hard or "unfair" is weird. It is meant to be unfair.
    2. Hotfix for chaos is coming out soon.

    Hmmm, what? I am not complaining about Legendary difficulty :o I'm complaining about bugs and balance of Mortal Empires.
    Surge_2 said:

    Senegio said:

    Macoa1066 said:

    All of these problems have already been brought up by multiple people multiple times. Besides you are playing on legendary which is designed to only reward the most number crunching and optimal play.

    Chaos problem yes (but without screenshots, and I want to prove they are not exaggerating even a bit), but I didn't see anyone talking about the other problem: 3 factions owning everything
    The Chaos thing, everyone accepts it. I got the Mod as soon as it was released, and my game is now fine.

    3 Factions owning everything...what exactly do you expect? lol
    A more balanced game? At turn 250 I can only fight vs 3 factions. I can't think you are ok with that
    .....

    Eventually, states would consolidate. There is nothing to prevent this, and so advantage snow balls. I'm almost at 200, and its not 3 factions, but there are certainly have's, vs have not's.

    Its a give, 100%, that eventually you run into a few huge blocks. Just a given.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,772Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited November 2017
    Interesting.


    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Posts: 1,596Registered Users
    There is also the RNG of it all. In my game I have all of the Northern New World, most of Ulthuan, (a Rogue Army has a few settlements I've chosen to allow) and in the South its a mix of me, 1 Lizardman outpost, ruins, Skaven, and Vampire's.

    In the Southlands from what I can tell we have all the Vampires, Clan Mors is still kicking around somewhere, Dwarves are down to TWO settlements and recently made peace with the Greenskins, and it looks like the Bret's down there died off, but thats just based on the Faction Scroll at the top.

    In the Old World its (again) Vampire Counts, VC himself, Chaos, Brets on their last legs, Empire on its last legs, and Chaos starting to limp around I guess, because at 2nd Rank (1 VC, 3 is me at DE) is..Wood Elves.

    And I'm starting to make inroads into the Ruins of Norsca myself with the last faction killed off by my hand.

    So in short.

    North New World, I united.

    South New World, very fractured with many rival factions including a Rogue Army that took a province or 2.

    Ulthuan, was united under Tyrion (even Confed with Teclis) but as the Witch King I could not allow that, and they are now dead and mine.

    Southlands, very fractured with multiple Vamps, Kroq is still around, and Clan Mors.

    Bad Lands, I'm guessing is Greenskins, the Dwarves are down to 2 settlements somewhere.

    Old World, mostly united under Wood Elves, or Vampires, but Moulder is still in the Banner!

    So yeah, snowball happens, but I'm at near 200 turns on VH, and its still very diverse (too many Vamps, give us Tomb Kings!)
  • GeldorGeldor Posts: 1,115Registered Users
    Hmm, 3 factions at turn 250 seems fine or? That's way into the late game and that's basically what we wanted with ME. Big empires clashing on a huge map. It would only be a problem if it was always the same 3 factions that you are up against in the end. But otherwise it's fine.

    I honestly don't think this is a problem.

    But, the Chaos invasion in it's current form makes it easier for the AI to build up such empires without you being able to do much about it of course. Because those invasions can cost you 100+ turns where you basically have to turtle. If that is solved you should be able to mess around more with other factions.

    And, I always feel that legendary is not good for to use in such examples. Everyone knows legendary is a mess, sadly it's the only way for CA at the moment to make the game more difficult. It's always a big problem on the forums, but in reality only a small part of the community plays on legendary.
  • gholingholin Member Posts: 1,105Registered Users
    It's very unfair. I haven't been able to play the game ever since its release. Crashes everywhere!
  • talonntalonn Junior Member Posts: 527Registered Users
    edited November 2017
    I know its against the lore, but I sometimes wish that Chaos is not a horde faction and can build its own settlement instead.

    I dont like Horde! There I said it
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,941Registered Users
    Because it's in its Beta stage hence why I'm not going to play it till Norsca arrives.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • luther84695luther84695 Member Posts: 465Registered Users
    3 factions owning everything is better than 1 faction owning everything which what you get in shogun 2. In shogun 2 legendary, usually Otomo will own everything if you don't start int the west and if you are too slow, it will own 80% of the map before realm divide.

    The alternative to 3 faction owning everything is that you are a superpower while AI is fractured among themselves fighting each other while you pick them off one by one. That will be too easy.

  • Surge_2Surge_2 Posts: 1,596Registered Users

    Because it's in its Beta stage hence why I'm not going to play it till Norsca arrives.

    Yeah this is going to help. Give the 2 early Norsca powerhouses even better units and Mammoths. lol

  • ChazdoitChazdoit Posts: 120Registered Users
    Mork said:

    Isn't Spanish a beautiful language

    Tierra des Los Muertos, Elfos silvanos, Hombres bestia

    Nice!

    Doesn't sound nearly as cool as in english
Sign In or Register to comment.