Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Mortal Empires: Chaos Invasion hotfix beta

CA_WhelanCA_Whelan Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff, Community Team Posts: 681
edited November 2017 in General Discussion
Hi everyone,

We've had lots of feedback Mortal Empires since we launched on the 26th. The main issue that's been in that feedback is the Chaos invasion mechanics. So, we've released a new public testing environment for some changes we're planning to make to the way Chaos invade in Mortal Empires!

To access that fix just follow these steps:
-Open your Steam Library pane
-Locate the entry for Total War: WARHAMMER II
-Right click the entry, then click properties -> betas
-In the Betas dropdown menu, select mortal_empires_pte
-The game will now update with the beta hotfix.

The patch notes are available here: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires-pte-patch-notes

And if you have any further feedback on the Chaos invasions we've put together a sub-section on the forums for you to post your comments: https://forums.totalwar.com/categories/PTE

Happy Chaos crushing!
Post edited by CA_Whelan on
«1345

Comments

  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 10,340
    Good!
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • Sharazad87Sharazad87 Registered Users Posts: 282
    Sweeet downloading now :)
    "Yes-yes! Kill!-Kill!"

  • StephinceStephince Registered Users Posts: 2,743
    Missing the link to the patch notes.
  • CA_WhelanCA_Whelan Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff, Community Team Posts: 681
    Stephince said:

    Missing the link to the patch notes.

    Check again, website was just caching
  • octavian1127octavian1127 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,278
    no link for patch notes
    |Sith|Octavian
  • StephinceStephince Registered Users Posts: 2,743
    Sneakily edited in
  • CA_WhelanCA_Whelan Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff, Community Team Posts: 681
    Stephince said:

    Sneakily edited in

    Me? Sneaky? Noooo
  • BlaeysBlaeys Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,091
    Is this save game compatible or do I need to start a new campaign before the changes kick in?

    Wouldn't want to provide feedback if I'm playing a game where some of the changes may not have applied.
  • XalekXalek Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 330
    CA_Whelan said:

    Stephince said:

    Sneakily edited in

    Me? Sneaky? Noooo
    Sneaky like a skaven >.>



  • StephinceStephince Registered Users Posts: 2,743
    In short, it appears that all of the sensible feedback/changes have been implemented which is good.

    The question remains as to how the game was released with its original apocalyptic version of doom?
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 38,876
    Blaeys said:

    Is this save game compatible or do I need to start a new campaign before the changes kick in?

    Wouldn't want to provide feedback if I'm playing a game where some of the changes may not have applied.

    You should start a fresh campaign. See here https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/206809/feedback-instructions-mortal-empires-pte-build-5003-1218154#latest

    "He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

    |Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

    Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

    "We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • StephinceStephince Registered Users Posts: 2,743
    edited November 2017
    Downloading as we speak!
  • SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Registered Users Posts: 1,790
    Good to hear abit the fix!
    Weekend and I have on call duty... What better time to play Warhammer?^^

    ....Where is Boris?

    (Sorry I had to^^)
  • StephinceStephince Registered Users Posts: 2,743
    Tempted to try it anyway since I'm only on turn 65 with a 5 city Dwarf erm 'Empire'. Yes, I like to turtle!
  • AngmirAngmir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    edited November 2017
    @CA_Whelan - could you please mkae some estimation of how long you plan to run this patch in beta mode ?

    If no breaking problems are detected - can we expect it beeing released as ofitial patch in a week time ? Or more than that ?

    PS. Thanks for quick hotfix.
  • Sharazad87Sharazad87 Registered Users Posts: 282
    That all depends on the quality of feedback from the playtesters.

    "Yes-yes! Kill!-Kill!"

  • TheGhostOfProman16TheGhostOfProman16 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,749
    Im actually ready to start a new campaign anyways so this comes out at a good time
    Died during the great YOYO wars
  • endurendur Registered Users Posts: 3,923

    Blaeys said:

    Is this save game compatible or do I need to start a new campaign before the changes kick in?

    Wouldn't want to provide feedback if I'm playing a game where some of the changes may not have applied.

    You should start a fresh campaign. See here https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/206809/feedback-instructions-mortal-empires-pte-build-5003-1218154#latest
    If you haven't had the chaos invasion yet, do you really need to start a new campaign? Or should all the new changes take effect?


  • StephinceStephince Registered Users Posts: 2,743
    I've patched and continued an existing campaign. Will report back. It won't be suitable for reporting feedback though, that would need to be a new game.
  • gogophergogopher Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 27
    so it says it extended the threshold for the invasion...can u pls be more specific (ie what imperium level or how many settlements /how many t5 settlements)...
  • SnigeSnige Registered Users Posts: 10
    As much as I appreciate these upcoming changes, I fear that the issues surrounding the chaos invasion will simply be moved around, and not actually be fixed.
    If all the chaos (and sub chaos) armies can target AI factions, I fear that they won't be able to stand a chance against the doomstacks of chaos. I've experienced this many times throughout my 600 hours of TWW:1 campaigning, inevitably making the player be the last defense of the world. Now this was not a big issue in TWW:1 because of map size. But in Mortal Empires, the map is much bigger, making you unable to impact everything no matter how hard you try. My worst case scenario is that if you play as fx. Mazdamundi, you'll beat back the waves of chaos hitting Lustria, but you wont be able to do anything against the main forces hitting the empire and its surrounding areas leaving nothing but ruins for you to recolonize and explore for 100 turns. The Mortal empires map is vast, and it should incentivize exploration, conquest and forging of alliances, but if the majority of the world is razed to the ground, you loose that incentive.
    I strongly hope that CA will be mindful of the strength of the Chaos forces when they can now; (and will) target the much less effective defenses and armies of the AI factions.
    One solution could be to give the player a short countdown of when the chaos forces hit - 5-8 turns warning. That gives the player time to at least move some armies in the direction of the Chaos Wastes. I want to fight the chaos armies and I want to defend the world from their wrath, but I don't want to play catch for 20 turns.
    TLDR: I hope we dont have to play a colonization sim for 100 turns after beating the chaos forces.
    Edit: threw in the link to the patch notes
  • SnapperaSnappera Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,258
    Hey @CA_Whelan, what's the spawn location for chaos now? Is it as before in ME (around the player) or is it from the north?

    This return to the Warhammer 1 Chaos design is much appreciated. Especially because it seems even better.
    New Culture Pack - Total War Forums

    Eternal Virginity: -2 provincial growth rate
    DLC Rage: 2x discontent from taxes
    PC Master Race Prices: -10% unit recruitment cost
    Inaccurate Historical Knowledge: Can recruit units from nearby factions
    Older Demographic: +25% Research Rate
  • HarconnHarconn Registered Users Posts: 942
    edited November 2017
    Snappera said:

    Hey @CA_Whelan, what's the spawn location for chaos now? Is it as before in ME (around the player) or is it from the north?

    This return to the Warhammer 1 Chaos design is much appreciated. Especially because it seems even better.

    I agree, Chaos Invasions should definately come from the north and not spawn randomly across the world/near the player.

    So far I like the hotfix, only one thing I miss: Better AI army compositions, especially for high tier AI armies (which Mods fix perfectly, but CA nonetheless should provide an answer itself). AH, and the turn-fast-forward-button you have to activate repeatedly every turn.

    EDIT: Oh, and one more: Adding unique quest items like Armour of Midnight, Heart of Averlorn, etc. correctly with quests, not just random.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________

    My German Youtube-Channel - Let's Plays (Strategy, RPG, Indie,...): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChwblqvwr8XxKP0GzCcUb8Q
  • ShebalosoShebaloso Registered Users Posts: 256
    Snige said:

    As much as I appreciate these upcoming changes, I fear that the issues surrounding the chaos invasion will simply be moved around, and not actually be fixed.
    If all the chaos (and sub chaos) armies can target AI factions, I fear that they won't be able to stand a chance against the doomstacks of chaos. I've experienced this many times throughout my 600 hours of TWW:1 campaigning, inevitably making the player be the last defense of the world. Now this was not a big issue in TWW:1 because of map size. But in Mortal Empires, the map is much bigger, making you unable to impact everything no matter how hard you try. My worst case scenario is that if you play as fx. Mazdamundi, you'll beat back the waves of chaos hitting Lustria, but you wont be able to do anything against the main forces hitting the empire and its surrounding areas leaving nothing but ruins for you to recolonize and explore for 100 turns. The Mortal empires map is vast, and it should incentivize exploration, conquest and forging of alliances, but if the majority of the world is razed to the ground, you loose that incentive.
    I strongly hope that CA will be mindful of the strength of the Chaos forces when they can now; (and will) target the much less effective defenses and armies of the AI factions.
    One solution could be to give the player a short countdown of when the chaos forces hit - 5-8 turns warning. That gives the player time to at least move some armies in the direction of the Chaos Wastes. I want to fight the chaos armies and I want to defend the world from their wrath, but I don't want to play catch for 20 turns.
    TLDR: I hope we dont have to play a colonization sim for 100 turns after beating the chaos forces.
    Edit: threw in the link to the patch notes

    What would be the point of the chaos invasion then? They should raze everything. I truly don't see the problem with that leading to a whole continent razed to the ground because of them. Specially if you think Mazdamundi's job is to protect Karl Franz. If the Empire is United, they will probably survive. As would most of their enemies. I don't see the point of having a chaos invasion if there is no risk of the world truly ending with it.
  • DreichDreich Registered Users Posts: 36
    so since its just a beta this thing will be removed and addet a new patch for ME?
  • TotalBorehammerTotalBorehammer Registered Users Posts: 953
    edited November 2017
    "However, rather than hold back until our own testing is complete, we felt it more important to make the Chaos invasion changes we’ve been working on available to players as early as we could; both for your immediate enjoyment, and to gather community feedback about how the hotfix changes the game."

    Ahh guys, you do crack me up with spinning this BETA testing "for our immediate enjoyment". One day you may actually just say something like: "apologies for the poor quality of this release, and we would love it if you would agree to help us improve the game by testing it with us". But no of course, not, that would be too much like an admission of guilt. :D

    On the topic of the chaos invasion, is it not possible to just make the factions like they were in TWW1 and have one at the top of the new world (or wherever is best) and one in the old world so they could behave like normal factions and have two vectors of attack? Or have them in the chaos wastes but with certain factions scripted to go to the new world for that prong of the invasion?
    CA have a Facebook page... use the comments section of their posts and express your thoughts on ME poor quality/delays etc https://www.facebook.com/CreativeAssembly/ :)
  • StephinceStephince Registered Users Posts: 2,743
    Snige said:

    As much as I appreciate these upcoming changes, I fear that the issues surrounding the chaos invasion will simply be moved around, and not actually be fixed.
    If all the chaos (and sub chaos) armies can target AI factions, I fear that they won't be able to stand a chance against the doomstacks of chaos. I've experienced this many times throughout my 600 hours of TWW:1 campaigning, inevitably making the player be the last defense of the world. Now this was not a big issue in TWW:1 because of map size. But in Mortal Empires, the map is much bigger, making you unable to impact everything no matter how hard you try. My worst case scenario is that if you play as fx. Mazdamundi, you'll beat back the waves of chaos hitting Lustria, but you wont be able to do anything against the main forces hitting the empire and its surrounding areas leaving nothing but ruins for you to recolonize and explore for 100 turns. The Mortal empires map is vast, and it should incentivize exploration, conquest and forging of alliances, but if the majority of the world is razed to the ground, you loose that incentive.
    I strongly hope that CA will be mindful of the strength of the Chaos forces when they can now; (and will) target the much less effective defenses and armies of the AI factions.
    One solution could be to give the player a short countdown of when the chaos forces hit - 5-8 turns warning. That gives the player time to at least move some armies in the direction of the Chaos Wastes. I want to fight the chaos armies and I want to defend the world from their wrath, but I don't want to play catch for 20 turns.
    TLDR: I hope we dont have to play a colonization sim for 100 turns after beating the chaos forces.
    Edit: threw in the link to the patch notes

    Welcome to the sandbox!
  • beetlebuddybeetlebuddy Registered Users Posts: 137
    I must say I don't like at all it depending in the size of the players empire. What if you play to keep and hold a small empire and ride out the chaos invasion?
  • StephinceStephince Registered Users Posts: 2,743
    If you keep it small enough it will never trigger.
  • ThatRabidPotatoThatRabidPotato Member Registered Users Posts: 403
    Richdog said:

    "However, rather than hold back until our own testing is complete, we felt it more important to make the Chaos invasion changes we’ve been working on available to players as early as we could; both for your immediate enjoyment, and to gather community feedback about how the hotfix changes the game."

    Ahh guys, you do crack me up with spinning this BETA testing "for our immediate enjoyment". One day you may actually just say something like: "apologies for the poor quality of this release, and we would love it if you would agree to help us improve the game by testing it with us". But no of course, not, that would be too much like an admission of guilt. :D

    On the topic of the chaos invasion, is it not possible to just make the factions like they were in TWW1 and have one at the top of the new world (or wherever is best) and one in the old world so they could behave like normal factions and have two vectors of attack? Or have them in the chaos wastes but with certain factions scripted to go to the new world for that prong of the invasion?

    Please just go away until you have something not as s holey to contribute
Sign In or Register to comment.