Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Is this the end of the Empire? Or Just the beginning...

CA_WhelanCA_Whelan Posts: 681Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff, Community Team
edited November 2017 in General Discussion

Post edited by CA_Whelan on

Comments

• FuttoFutto Senior Member Posts: 170Registered Users
    So, a new Total war Rome 2 expansion?

I have mixed feelings with that
  • Datt_MaxDatt_Max Posts: 1Registered Users
    If the new game, would take place in the antic that would be awsome
  • IgorrozasIgorrozas Junior Member Posts: 41Registered Users
    Very curious. Looking forward to know whats are we going to see.
  • paulovoskypaulovosky Posts: 1Registered Users
    You guys should work on a Mongol Total War.
    The Mongol Empire interacted with so many nations across Europe, Middle East and Asia... It would be a grandious game. Imagine a siege battle of Mongol Troops, with help of Venetian Trebuchets, and Persian Horses, besiegeing a super fortified Chinese city.
    It would also have a lot of politics involved, since infightinhg was the main reason the Mongol Empire fell..
  • sertoserto Junior Member Posts: 5Registered Users
  • HForHavocHForHavoc Junior Member Posts: 18Registered Users
    I don't think it'd be him. They say "Empire" in the tagline, so assuming it'll be post Caesar, pre Attila.

Third Century Crisis?
    Gaming Dad, two kids. Interruptions Expected.
  • ALQatalyALQataly Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    Think about Native America Total War, China Total War, Africa Total War, India Total War!!!
  • TheGhostOfProman16TheGhostOfProman16 Senior Member Posts: 1,749Registered Users
    Please tell me you guys are fixing spaghetti lines with this update
    Died during the great YOYO wars
  • twwatchertwwatcher Posts: 2,292Registered Users
    serto said:

Beware of the crow
    Marcus Valerius Corvus
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Valerius_Corvus

That quote is for the Saga standalone expansion, first up is a DLC campaign pack for Rome 2 - it will come with an update to the base game.
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 2,677Registered Users
    edited November 2017
    HForHavoc said:

I don't think it'd be him. They say "Empire" in the tagline, so assuming it'll be post Caesar, pre Attila.

Third Century Crisis?

Third Century Crisis might play too similarly to Imperator Augustus. Maybe the Successor Conflicts after Alexander's death?

I'm more excited about the prospect of the base game getting a general update; some bug fixes, balancing, a little spit-and-polish? It could definitely use it. A Family Tree and overhauled Senate/Political system would be sweet.

Either way, I'm excited to see what we get.

Please tell me you guys are fixing spaghetti lines with this update

Gods, I hope so...
  • mcar110mcar110 Member United KingdomPosts: 429Registered Users
    I’d be very happy if it was a campaign based on Constantine the Great. It would be a great way to bridge the gap between Rome II and Attila
  • Tmarti24Tmarti24 Junior Member Posts: 6Registered Users
    I think this is brilliant. There are still tons of people playing Rome, more than enough to justify continued support.

The announcement of Medieval 3 is forthcoming, and this expansion of Rome can serve as a solid conclusion to Rome, while at the same time serving as the bridge to the start of the Medieval period.

I'm in!
  • DreadedNorwegianDreadedNorwegian Senior Member Posts: 1,176Registered Users
    This is gonna be! good
    Enig og tro til Dovre faller!
  • LoneMercLoneMerc Senior Member Posts: 1,058Registered Users
    edited November 2017
    Saw this and my Willy moved, I like what I see is hinted but would also love to see fixes and enhancements to go along with it for TWR2.

It is a lovely thing to live with great courage and to die leaving an everlasting fame,
    Macedonians!... Why do you retreat?!... Do you want to live forever?!
    In the name of Zeus!... ATTACK!

Rig: i7 3770k OC @ 4.5G, GTX780TI 3Gig, 16 Gig Ram, 120SSD, 1TB HD
    Rome 2: Nvidia Experience Optimization used. All settings VHigh to Ultra with Unit Size: Ultra
    Rome 2: In Game Benchmark @ FPS: Low 52, Average 76.6, High 129
  • Nyanko73Nyanko73 Junior Member Posts: 1,351Registered Users
    I don't own Rome 2. So I will be waiting for the Tomb Kings instead.

Team Yennefer

"A blinding flash materialised into a transparent sphere, and inside it loomed a shape, assuming contours and shapes at frightening speed. Dandelion recognised it at once. He knew those wild, black curls and the obsidian star on a velvet ribbon. What he didn’t know and had never seen before was the face. It was a face of rage and fury, the face of the goddess of vengeance, destruction and death." - Time of contempt
  • FrankouzFrankouz Posts: 1Registered Users
    Really curious to see what it's going to be !
    Many historians agree to consider the definitive end of the Roman Empire as the fall of Constantinople... in 1453 ! So I wouldn't bet on this period but it might be about the expansion of Seldjoukids Turks and the slow decline of Byzantine Empire, after the Belisarius period, which would make some sense. But if it's all about Rome, this is not relevant...
    Given all the Rome II DLC's released these past years, I really don't see which moment/flashpoint of Western Roman Empire history could be exploited ...
  • acroguePatrickacroguePatrick Posts: 332Registered Users
    edited November 2017
    I would like to see CA delivering that huge Carthage city map they showed. Not the dumbed down version, the full epic version - in that Gamespot video.

That'll make me go back to RII.

I want more expansions of cities - not medium sized battles.

I would love to see the Politics thing they showed at Rezzed. More RPG campaign elements.

I would love to see a RII expansion focusing on the Roman-Parthian Wars.

Want nothing to do with RII and its declining period - we already have enough mods for that time period.

RII is perfect for so many campaign DLCs - CA should really make more DLCs based on this time period. We didn't get to see a Cleopatra DLC!!
  • RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Senior Member Posts: 2,343Registered Users
    Hey CA, do you think you could give Rome 2 its own forum again? It's been dead since you put it in the "eras" section
    Team Mercia

Team Picts

Team WRE
  • proknoiproknoi Posts: 0Registered Users
    I think CA should make another Medieval Total War game before everything else. But specifically pertaining to Rome Total War. I think the game's time line should be around 430 BC to probably around 1300 AD. The time line is far to expansive for one big campaign. There should be a big expanse to towns and cities to capture within each province. 4 or 5 instead of 3 or 4. Politics should play a bigger role and built off of previous games. Similar but different. Expanding the roles or number of different agents. (I would love to see the inclusion of mini movies when agents carry out the tasks like in Shogun 2 Total War and Medieval 2 Total War. It adds player's emotions to the game when they fail/succeed.) Lots of different units though-out each prologue chapter, campaign, or dlc.

I would like to see some units that can convert to other units as time passes in the main campaign. I would also like to see different armors and weapons change as armorers and blacksmiths are expanded. Cloth to Leather, Leather to Chain Mail, Chain Mail to Plated Armor. Bronze weapons to Iron weapons, Iron to Steel.

So maybe something like the prologue chapters that covers the brief founding of Rome as a city State to a small Nation.

-The First Etruscan War 430 BCE

-The Latin War 340 BCE

-Wars against the Samnites 298 BCE

-The Pyrric Wars 280 BCE

-A big expansive last chapter for the Punnic Wars 260-140 BCE

The Main game time line should be from 50 BC to 400 AD.

Dlc's should cover Justinian's Reconquest of the Spanish Peninsula 565 AD

-Charlemagne's battles on the Italian peninsula leading to the creation of the Papal States, leading to the conquest of the Lombards and Franks 800 AD

-And finally the reunification of the East Roman Empire during the wars with the Crusader City States 1200 AD
  • RhyndirRhyndir Posts: 251Registered Users
    Get on all the fuel you can find, refill the boilers...we are going on the hype train....CHU CHU, HY HYYYYPE!
  • MonkeeyoMonkeeyo Senior Member Posts: 854Registered Users
    Hope they fix already existing bugs too
    Over the Alps perhaps!
    Team Athens
  • SivenSiven Posts: 126Registered Users
    edited November 2017
    Im really hoping for improved UI, traits and skill trees considering the massive improvements in those areas from recent games.

Also family tree and improved senate etc

Ooh maybe 8/10 building slots for capitals/important capitals too.

Dont really care what expansion is tbh, i'll play it anyway :D
  • GamgeeGamgee Senior Member Posts: 1,817Registered Users
    Hoping for Carthage rebalance. Their high end cav limit sucks. It needs to be per army damnit not 4 in the entire empire. So stupid. It kills Carthage since they depend on them so much against many factions.
    Gamgee said:

Hoping for Carthage rebalance. Their high end cav limit sucks. It needs to be per army damnit not 4 in the entire empire. So stupid. It kills Carthage since they depend on them so much against many factions.

Idk Carthage is one of my favorite factions because they depend on mercenaries. The 25% upkeep reduction plus the further upkeep reductions you get through tech really makes Carthage a really unique and interesting faction
    Team Mercia

Team Picts

Team WRE
  • GamgeeGamgee Senior Member Posts: 1,817Registered Users

Gamgee said:

Idk Carthage is one of my favorite factions because they depend on mercenaries. The 25% upkeep reduction plus the further upkeep reductions you get through tech really makes Carthage a really unique and interesting faction
    I know but their top cavalry IS mercenary I believe and is capped at 4 in the entire game for some reason. It's been some time since I played but it annoyed the hell out of me.
    Gamgee said:

Gamgee said:

I know but their top cavalry IS mercenary I believe and is capped at 4 in the entire game for some reason. It's been some time since I played but it annoyed the hell out of me.
    Oh ok. Well I can understand that
    Team Mercia

Team Picts

Team WRE
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 7,756Registered Users
    Nyanko73 said:

I don't own Rome 2. So I will be waiting for the Tomb Kings instead.

How do you not own Rome 2? Well, in a few weeks go get it and all the DLC when it's inevitably on the 66-75% off status.

I paid full price for most of it and 1575 hours later I'm gearing up to buy the next damned DLC.

I regret nothing.
  • Horus1996Horus1996 Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    from a previous post by Creative Assembly they said they will release the biggest expansion ever (bigger than fall of the samurai) with the same size like the map of japan from shogun 2 FoS.
    They also said they will release a big update to the base game that will make us fans talk about it for days?
    I hope this update changes many problems that plagued Rome 2 like it's confusing politics system, HUD problems, graphics, ... i'm excited to go back to Rome 2 so i'm already curious for the new expansion and it's BIG update
  • DreadedNorwegianDreadedNorwegian Senior Member Posts: 1,176Registered Users

Hey CA, do you think you could give Rome 2 its own forum again? It's been dead since you put it in the "eras" section

Yes Ca come on, bring it back as it`s own forum page!
    Enig og tro til Dovre faller!