Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Empire total war- getting any love?

LandgigLandgig Posts: 112Registered Users
Sorry if this is posted in the incorrect forum. Please relocate if so...

Empire total war has all the potential to be a even better game!!! Just curious if the game will receive any future content? Also why does it not support coop or H2H play?

Comments

• SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 6,967Registered Users
  • daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Posts: 13,763Registered Users
    edited November 9
    It was released in 2007, approaching the ten year mark. Quite a lot of changes have been made, probably including the technical knowledge of the game.
    According to what I heard long ago, when they closed down their Australian group, they practically lost the knowledge behind MTW2 as the people who actually made it were let go. I can only assume the same has happened with Empire- people come and go.
    Empire doesn't even have its own launcher, neither does it have Workshop support.

IMO if they want Empire to come back it needs to be a sequel, at least that way they can improve on things from scratch. Revisiting ETW now would be like trying to renovate a dilapidated house- sometimes it's just better to demolish and start over.
    How to install Steam games without downloading
    How to post DXDiag: Windows+R key, type "dxdiag" in the input box. Select Save All Information, and attach as [/code][code] in your post
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 12,998Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Agree with Daelin. Empire is the Grandfather of the current basic game builds. There have been a lot of program changes and feature changes or enhancements to how the base game works.

As much as I enjoy Empire, and I still play it from time to time, it has too many things in it that need to be fixed. Trying to add anything on top of that would probably finish breaking it.

I want another Guns & Powder game, but it will need to be a new one.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • TheGreatPamphletTheGreatPamphlet Posts: 21Registered Users
    daelin4 said:

It was released in 2007, approaching the ten year mark. Quite a lot of changes have been made, probably including the technical knowledge of the game.
    According to what I heard long ago, when they closed down their Australian group, they practically lost the knowledge behind MTW2 as the people who actually made it were let go. I can only assume the same has happened with Empire- people come and go.
    Empire doesn't even have its own launcher, neither does it have Workshop support.

IMO if they want Empire to come back it needs to be a sequel, at least that way they can improve on things from scratch. Revisiting ETW now would be like trying to renovate a dilapidated house- sometimes it's just better to demolish and start over.

It was released in 2009, not 2007. That being said, I agree that it's too old and too unpopular to be granted any update. Rome II wasn't chosen randomly, as it remains, despite its flaws, the historical game with the largest number of players, currently (in what concerns Steam).
  • Half_Life_ExpertHalf_Life_Expert Senior Member Oak Park, CA , USAPosts: 4,661Registered Users
    Yes, I fired up ETW a while ago and it is a bit old. Despite the many fixes it still isn't perfectly stable.

I would like to see Total War revisit the 18th Century again with newer engine and all the positive advancements TW has made
    "we have officially entered into pre-whinning about our games."- Cogre

I will always respect differing opinions on here, so long as they are presented maturely and in a civil manner

"No Battleplan ever survives contact with the enemy"- Helmuth Von Moltke the Elder

The WWI Thread: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/30914/why-a-world-war-i-themed-total-war/p1

I'm skipping TW: Warhammer