Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

The Desert Nomadic Temple-Overhaul

MarcusIuniusBrutusMarcusIuniusBrutus Senior MemberGermanyPosts: 1,328Registered Users
Hi,

this is one of my mods, a building mod for the Grand Campaign.

It adds to every desert nomadic faction their own temples, which spread the desert nomadic culture. I have also added a provincial capital building level 2 - 4, which spread the desert nomadic culture.

It always disturbed me, that the desert nomadic factions don´t have their own temples, which spread their culture, so you always have public order problems.

So i searched in the workshop and found this beautiful mod from scottfree001:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=257826041

Please take a look at his good mods.

This mod was one of the few mods, that added factionspecific temples to the desert nomads. It inspired me to learn more and more about the religious beliefs of the Berbers, the Meroites, the Axumites, the Blemmyes and the Arabs and so i finally decided to create this mod.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gaetuli:

Temple of Baal Hamon
Temple of Tanit

Masaesyli:

Temple of Baal Hamon
Temple of Tanit

Garamantes:

Temple of Baal Hamon
Temple of Isis

Nasamones:

Temple of Zeus Ammon
Temple of Isis

Meroe:

Temple of Isis
Temple of Amani ( the egyptian god Amun)
Temple of Apedemak (the lionheaded god of war)

Blemmyes:

Temple of Isis
Temple of Mandulis ( the nubian sun god)

Axum:

Temple of Athtar ( south arabian / aethiopian god of thunder, rain, flowing water and fertility )
Temple of Almaqah ( moon deity and god of fertile land)

Himyar:

Temple of Athtar ( south arabian / aethiopian god of thunder, rain, flowing water and fertility )
Temple of Shams ( himyarite national goddess, goddess of sun)

Saba:

Temple of Almaqah ( moon deity and god of fertile land, national god of Saba)

Ma´in:

Temple of Wadd ( moon deity and minaean national god)

Nabatea:

Temple of Dhu'l - Shara ( nabatean chief god )
Temple of Al-'Uzza ( goddess of power, earth and the underworld )

Quidri:

Temple of Atarsamayn (the radiant morningstar)
Temple of Ruda ( goddess of rain)

Gerrhaea:

Zoroastrian Temple
Temple of Shamash (old babylonian sun god)

Mascat:

Zoroastrian Temple
Temple of Bahar (south arabian god of the ocean)

All factions have the sun shrine as basic religious building and the Royal Sanctuaries as common temple chain.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would thank CA for the base game and Scottfree001 for his inspiring mod.

I hope you enjoy and have a look at my other mods:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7.../?appid=214950

Screenshots:

Steam-Download:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1094635234