Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Get ready for Total War Saga: THRONES OF BRITANNIA.

Harley_GrinHarley_Grin Posts: 102Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff, Community Team
edited November 2017 in General Discussion
It is 878 AD, and the Viking Invasion of Britain is over. The Norse warlords are firmly established, but the ambitious kings of England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales have aspirations of their own – not least the great King Alfred of Wessex...
Watch the full trailer here:

Add Total War Saga: THRONES OF BRITANNIA to your Steam wishlist now: http://store.steampowered.com/app/712100/Total_War_Saga_Thrones_of_Britannia/

Questions? Why not check out the FAQ first: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/thrones-britannia-faq
Associate Brand Manager

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Comments

• SuliotSuliot Senior Member Posts: 685Registered Users
    Can't wait for more details!
  • Lord_HenkusLord_Henkus Posts: 1,472Registered Users
    edited November 2017
    Very nice (Savage) trailer! I really like the art direction of this game and the music sounds very promising. Can't wait to hear some more news!

P.S. The Banner that is being used on this website is being directed to the Rome 2: Empire Undivided store page, not Total War Sage: Britannia
    How negative I may sound, game is stil 11 out of 10

Also, please slow down combat!

• Thanos_ballThanos_ball Posts: 30Registered Users

can the game be opened from the attila menu? like fall of samourai with shogun2
  • sander9702sander9702 Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited November 2017

OMG IT'S BASICALLY MEDIEVAL III GUYS. (Only 200 years off)

• Jack_Lusted_CAJack_Lusted_CA Creative Assembly Brighton, UKPosts: 1,346Registered Users, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff

can the game be opened from the attila menu? like fall of samourai with shogun2

Thrones of Britannia is a completely standalone title.
    Game Director - Thrones of Britannia

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • StrachysStrachys Senior Member Posts: 249Registered Users
    Hopefully this will be markedly different from the Britannia campaign of ME2: Kingdoms, otherwise what is the point?
  • MelodiousMelodious Posts: 33Registered Users
    FAQ says we will get gameplay around Spring so I'm guessing a summer or perhaps an autumn release. Quite a while to wait yet but happy we've got our announcement. It's a period that interests me and I can't wait to see how this goes.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 10,031Registered Users
    This looks like it could be fun. :open_mouth:

I hope even though you're using the Attila engine your art team discovered more colours than grey and brown. ;)
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • CnConradCnConrad Senior Member Posts: 3,130Registered Users
    O good! It's not the mobile game.

You guys need to work on the naming convention, I'm an avid fan and I had to read the FAQ to remember that total war: sagas and total war: battles were different games.

One question and this will mean buy at launch vs buy on steam sale. Will there be family trees?
  • AkrotiriAkrotiri Senior Member Hellenic RepublicPosts: 873Registered Users
    edited November 2017
    Great work CA and thank you!! Keep pumping out historical Titles.

We want more DLC for Rome 2 and Attila too!!
    "Hence we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks"
    -Winston Churchill , after the Greek victory against fascist Italy during WW2.
    explorechios.gr
  • CnConradCnConrad Senior Member Posts: 3,130Registered Users

I hope even though you're using the Attila engine your art team discovered more colours than grey and brown. ;)

Well this is set in Britain I'm pretty sure those are the only two colors on that island.
    See
  • Harley_GrinHarley_Grin Posts: 102Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff, Community Team
    CnConrad said:

Well this is set in Britain I'm pretty sure those are the only two colors on that island.
    See
    We live our lives in a palette of greys and browns in England.
    But I promise that's not all that's in this game.
    Associate Brand Manager

• GamgeeGamgee Senior Member Posts: 1,710Registered Users
    edited November 2017
    Lori_CA said:

CnConrad said:

See
    We live our lives in a palette of greys and browns in England.
    But I promise that's not all that's in this game.
    Eh where I live in Canada about half the year is grey and snow. And if it's a rainy year may as well just be grey all year round. Granted we do have the forests to break things up.

I'm looking forward to TW Saga a lot. I didn't like warhammer 2 at all.

Edit
    AAAAnd it uses Attila engine. Hype killed faster than the dodo. Attila has such terrible performance.
  • LeverkinLeverkin Posts: 38Registered Users
    Really exciting news. I have no doubt that this will be something great.

But please do tell us about system requirements as soon as you can. Many people had trouble running ATTILA smoothly, so it would also be good to specify in what way will you change ATTILA's codebase to optimize the upcoming title.

• Pi2rEpsilonPi2rEpsilon Posts: 168Registered Users
    Any trailer including even an abbreviated version of the revenge of the Lodbrogssons that doesn't include a plaintive "Grynte ville grisene, hvis de kendte galtens nød" (or a variant thereof, possibly subtitled or localized) gets a thumbs down. :tongue:
  • Ice_creamIce_cream Posts: 719Registered Users

Grey and brown fit perfectly the mood of Attila.

It is hard for me to undertand why so many people want all the games being colorful and they are against all that use monochromatic color or low saturation when it totally makes sense. I mean, the art direction in Attila way better than the one in Rome 2.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 10,031Registered Users
    Ice_cream said:

Grey and brown fit perfectly the mood of Attila.

It is hard for me to undertand why so many people want all the games being colorful and they are against all that use monochromatic color or low saturation when it totally makes sense. I mean, the art direction in Attila way better than the one in Rome 2.
    Attila's mood is boring that's why.

'Look at my unique army of browns guys with brown beards vs his army of grey guys with grey beards with a grey sky on a brown battle map.'
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • mcar110mcar110 Member United KingdomPosts: 422Registered Users
    Hey @Lori_CA, I noticed you mentioned in the FAQ that the Attila engine will be getting some changes to make the Saga game run as smoothly as possible. Will these (presumably performance) changes be implemented in Attila itself?
  • AstraeusAstraeus Member BrittonisPosts: 360Registered Users
    Thanks @CA I'll start re-watching Vikings on AmazonPrime in anticipation...

The guy on the left even resembles Floki. Ragnor's children and sneaky Wessex jnr makes for a good advancement on the Medieval theme.
  • DreadedNorwegianDreadedNorwegian Senior Member Posts: 1,176Registered Users
    So hyped!
    Enig og tro til Dovre faller!
  • Harley_GrinHarley_Grin Posts: 102Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff, Community Team
    mcar110 said:

Hey @Lori_CA, I noticed you mentioned in the FAQ that the Attila engine will be getting some changes to make the Saga game run as smoothly as possible. Will these (presumably performance) changes be implemented in Attila itself?

I don't believe we are planning on updating Attila at this current time but I will let you know if that changes.
    Associate Brand Manager

• AstraeusAstraeus Member BrittonisPosts: 360Registered Users
    Any name-drops for actors doing any of the characters?
  • MattzoMattzo Member United KingdomPosts: 1,433Registered Users
    I have never been more excited for a game, ever.

Ever since I first played the Britannia campaign in Medieval II I've wanted a similar campaign but set in the 800s.

As long as I can take Wessex and conquor England I'll be a happy man.

PS. I loved Attila, so no worries for me there!
    "Everything in war is simple. But the simplest thing is difficult."
  • DolorousEddDolorousEdd Junior Member Posts: 555Registered Users
    Will the voice assets be new? For diplomacy, generals and the units, I mean. I ask because in Age of Charlemagne they were reused and slightly edited, but they were all the same.
    Team Dwarfs
    Team Bretonnia
    Team Crooked Moon
    Team Cult of Pleasure
    Team Clan Pestilens
  • Jack_Lusted_CAJack_Lusted_CA Creative Assembly Brighton, UKPosts: 1,346Registered Users, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff

Will the voice assets be new? For diplomacy, generals and the units, I mean. I ask because in Age of Charlemagne they were reused and slightly edited, but they were all the same.

Yes it will have all new voice assets.
    Game Director - Thrones of Britannia

• DolorousEddDolorousEdd Junior Member Posts: 555Registered Users

Sweet! That was really the only thing I disliked in Age of Charlemagne, so my hype is now on the clouds.
    Team Dwarfs
    Team Bretonnia
    Team Crooked Moon
    Team Cult of Pleasure
    Team Clan Pestilens
  • RolloSmersonRolloSmerson GermanyPosts: 79Registered Users
    edited November 2017
    I'm very excited. I really like both Vikings and the Last Kingdom. Very excited about detailed map and game being narrative driven.

Three Question:

1) Smoother performance - does that mean Saga engine will be upgraded to 64 bit?
    2) When can we see some screenshots?
    3) Will it have awesome music like the Last Kingdom?

Can't wait for this Saga game.
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Posts: 3,822Registered Users

So you're saying I wont have to listen to "OWA HORSES LUV BLUD", or "We are Rome" from a faction that isn't Rome ever again? Thank god, it was so jarring in Age of Charlemagne to have that stuff.

Just curious, for the language is it going to be like Shogun and the guys will speak in their native language or just English with regional accents.

• Wolf1987Wolf1987 Senior Member Posts: 538Registered Users
    I have a very good question: Will you guys ever make a new game engine, or are we stuck with Empire TW's dying corps forever?
  • petertel123petertel123 Junior Member Posts: 737Registered Users
    Strachys said:

Hopefully this will be markedly different from the Britannia campaign of ME2: Kingdoms, otherwise what is the point?

It's set like 400 years apart, so that shouldn't be a problem. It will probably be more like the Viking Invasion expansion of the first Medieval Total War.
    Team Bretonnia
    Team Dark Elves