Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

How much will this game differ from previous TW titles in the same area/era?

GrantdemGrantdem MemberRegistered Users Posts: 121
Firstly, I'm definitely looking forward to this game and hopefully uniting Alba as the Picts.

The main point is this will be the 3rd TW game centred on the UK after Viking Invasion and Kingdoms: Brittania campaign, so what are the thoughts on changes, differences from these?

I'm assuming it will end up a mix of units from VI, with factions from Charlemagne.

Having played and loved both those games I'm excited for it. And excited to be back in a medieval setting.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Jack_Lusted_CAJack_Lusted_CA Creative Assembly Brighton, UKRegistered Users, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 1,384
    It is the first time we've covered this period in a standalone game, we're taking the opportunity to go into a lot of detail.
    Game Director - Three Kingdoms DLC

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • DreadedNorwegianDreadedNorwegian Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,177

It is the first time we've covered this period in a standalone game, we're taking the opportunity to go into a lot of detail.

Music to my ears :) So hyped!!
    Enig og tro til Dovre faller!
  • GrantdemGrantdem Member Registered Users Posts: 121
    Brilliant, hopefully we will have a nice large map with plenty of settlements and factions.
    10 will be playable, so could we see about 50 overall factions?
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIRegistered Users Posts: 7,165
    Attila was just a more focused and lessened time period remake of Barbarian Invasion, this looks to be a remake of Viking Invasion expansion from Medieval I.
    Thrones of Britannia: 69/100
    Warhammer II: 73/100
    Warhammer: 79/100
    Attila: 70/100 [Age of Charlemagne: 72/100]
    Rome II: 49/100
    Shogun II: 93/100 [Fall of the Samurai: 95/100]
    Napoleon: 58/100
    Empire: 53/100
    Medieval II: 90/100 [Kingdoms: 90/100]
    Rome I: 88/100
    Medieval I: 92/100
    Shogun I: 84/100
  • mmurray821mmurray821 Moderator Moderators Posts: 5,227
    I loved the Fall of the Samurai, so I am really looking forward to this.
    Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
    I've never seen the Icarus story as a lesson on the limitations of humans. I see it as a lesson about the limitations of wax as an adhesive.