Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: WARHAMMER II - Development Update

CA_WhelanCA_Whelan Posts: 681Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff, Community Team
"It’s been a very busy year at CA, what with WARHAMMER II’s launch, a string of announces for new historical games, and not forgetting Halo Wars 2 in February as well. In line with our long-term plans to make more games in parallel, we’ve also welcomed many new members to the CA family. It’s going to be another interesting year ahead..."

Read the thoughts of Brand Director Rob Bartholomew and Creative Director Mike Simpson on the months ahead and some clarification of the months before in this Development update on the Total War Blog ->

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/warhammer-ii-development-update

Comments

• ArsenicArsenic Posts: 4,732Registered Users
    Well, it certainly did answer a few questions.

Now everyone's going to be endlessly discussing the word "cryptic"..
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • NopeacejustwarNopeacejustwar Posts: 902Registered Users
    No Norsca till May *gasp*
    Wow! **** happens
  • ystyst Posts: 6,256Registered Users
    edited December 2017
    Nosca is the most short lived faction in total war history. Released barely 2months u got war 2 and immediately booted out of the equation.

Crazy how ppl r even more familiar in war2 races than nosca released in war 1.

Sigmar forbids, 2 months after their 2nd release we get some faction patch and they get deleted again lollllllllllllll
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
    Unit stats compare courtesy of Seal62 https://total-war-unit-compare.herokuapp.com/
  • YavorYavor Posts: 39Registered Users
    Keep up the good work, guys! You've done great so far! Heaven can wait, and so can Norsca! Happy Holidays!
  • TheHolyPilgrimTheHolyPilgrim Junior Member Posts: 453Registered Users
    edited December 2017
    As a fellow Software Dev that manages my own company's branches and builds, I fully understand the pain and hassle that you guys are going through.

Thank you, CA, for your openness and honesty. The communication is very much appreciated and I can't wait for the next content update to roll around.
  • SgtBDeepSgtBDeep Posts: 41Registered Users
    Yay news! Maybe this will quiet the forums down for a while.
  • WothanazWothanaz Posts: 81Registered Users
    Norsca Until May... That's disappointing to say the least. It seems all the manpower goes to everything except the half-delivered promise of ME.
    I'm worried that working on all these titles at the same time will make the TW franchise go down the toilet.
    I hope i'm wrong.
    Warhammer almost quoting Heraclitus:
    "Is not the only constant in the universe change? some day all this will be dust, and even the stars above us will flicker and grow dim. Your life is but a tiny candle in the darkness, and your death an afterthought shorn of meaning by its insignificance. Come, little one, and let me show you how your flame can burn bright..."
    -Vilitreska, Lord of the Flux
  • TheGhostOfProman16TheGhostOfProman16 Senior Member Posts: 1,749Registered Users
    Good blog I appreciate the sincerness and I understand the delay now.

My question is can we expect the ROR for Beastmen Wood Elves and Bretonnia before May??

Also "cryptic..." in January nice tease ;)
    Died during the great YOYO wars
  • NaaxxNaaxx Posts: 31Registered Users
    edited December 2017
    May for Norsca ..
    May for 30 year ROR ?
    Seems i went back to mid 2017.

No update about Old World race / mechanic / Improvement ?
    I guess i will just uninstall TWW2. and come back in 6month

I doubt that will make the forum quiet ...
    and i doubt that will help for futur "Pre-order" Dlc or game.

• GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 3,290Registered Users
    Well, sad news indeed, but thanks for the update!
  • BlaeysBlaeys Junior Member Posts: 807Registered Users
    Appreciate the transparency. I am willing to wait given how good the game is now.

One question - what about the 30th Anniversary Regiments of Renown? They aren't mentioned at all in this blog.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,393Registered Users
    Interesting.

A shame that the Norsca implantation takes so long or better say the redevelopment of Norsca.

I do have a couple of questions thou...
    We’re also bundling in a free, new (and highly experimental!) game mode which we’ve had in our back pocket for a while now. More news on this later in the week.

This sound like "the experiment" the FLC array is talking about.

Interestingly this would mean that the experiment either comes before the FLC LL or that we get more then this news about a new game mode.

BTW: the talk here is of "Campaign Pack" (isn't that the wrong word?), aka the TK, but there seems to be no word about any LP at all, mind you that they probably also suffer from problems.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • KandennKandenn Posts: 454Registered Users
    edited December 2017
    **** happens, thank you for the clarification and honesty. Merging branches can be a mess sometimes.

Keep up the good work !
  • LaytonBhoyLaytonBhoy Junior Member Posts: 166Registered Users
    A horrible post, in terms of what we wanted here regarding Norsca, who are an incredible faction.

But you know what? I am not going to get in a strop about it; these guys have given us an explanation that makes perfect sense, they've held their hands up, said they got it wrong and there ought to be zero argument on that score.

All you can ask is that the team communicates its intentions and keeps us abreast of developments.

I don't like it; I'd like a faster timeframe.

But we do HAVE a timeframe, and we have an explanation. Not an excuse. An explanation.

Gents, fair play to you.

Keep up the good work. And I mean that, very non sarcastically.
  • DavidtheDukeDavidtheDuke Senior Member Posts: 2,170Registered Users
    Honestly this is a good example of why we should expect the worst of whatever they say is coming for the final campaign map in game 3. If they say someone isn't in immediately, expect years, or never at all. Yay, chariot and marauder spam in ME for half a year official release.

Can't say I'm excited or want to buy anything for a long time. Meh.
    i6700k @ 4.0 ghz
    EVGA GTX1080ti FTW3 11GB
    1TB SSD w/ Windows 10 Pro 64bit
  • KhorneFlakesKhorneFlakes Posts: 3,373Registered Users
    Where is 30th anniversary regiments of renown..??

Balance Is A Lie

• PatriksevePatrikseve Member Posts: 1,659Registered Users
    While Norsca in may is what it is I understand how much you want to get that out and many want that content but if it takes that long to do it properly then do it let it take that time. Warhammer has for the most part been a very functional Total War with not so many technical issues in comparission to some others. And I rather it gets done right and secondly new content now in december with the added stuff then a new campaign pack in january maybe something between feb-march (well see I guess) and then Norsca and maybe a patch to go along that in may I think it will be ok. Most of us are in this for the long haul anyway to play with the content as its added alongside the three games and I have had so much fun with it over that time and will in the future to.

• froloffrolof Posts: 299Registered Users
    edited December 2017

No Norsca till May you need to be kidding!!! So we will have anoyinng chariot spam till May? You guys are horrible in doing your job, I hope somebody paid with his head for it.

They messed up. They admitted it. They'll do better next time. No need to put their heads on a chopping block, mate.

We all share your frustration, but there will be plenty of stuff in the meantime. Just a bit longer.
    What's funny is that that's exactly what they've told us Everytime. Needless to say it's getting tiresome.
  • 42konyo42konyo Posts: 775Registered Users
    Incredibly thankful for the devs being so open about what they're doing and what exactly went wrong, this is exactly the kind of communication I was hoping to see, huge thanks to all the people that added something to that blog post.

That being said, I still don't see any mention of a fullblown patch coming anytime soon, and with the bugs that are plaguing the game now (biggest ones being units forgetting attack orders, broken battle difficulty buffs/debuffs and AI blobbing all over the place) I feel that this already should warrant a hotfix.

Still glad we got a fleshed out status update though, and although not seeing Norsca untill may is a bit sour knowing why it's taking so long and having a rough estimate of when it and other things arrive is enough to put those issues to rest for me.
  • froloffrolof Posts: 299Registered Users
    Well, cryptic = Tomb kings obviously.
  • CA_WhelanCA_Whelan Posts: 681Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff, Community Team

The 30th regiments will come along with Norsca
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 7,924Registered Users
    edited December 2017
    So when is the fixes to the ai coming?

I am talking about Total Blob:Blobhammer above all else.

January?

Or with the experiment?

I can wait for new content and Norsca but the game is no fun when the AI doesnt fight ( AI just blobs)
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIPosts: 7,162Registered Users
    So it'll be as I said, Jan for TK, but May for Norsca? Wow.
    Thrones of Britannia: 69/100
    Warhammer II: 73/100
    Warhammer: 79/100
    Attila: 70/100 [Age of Charlemagne: 72/100]
    Rome II: 49/100
    Shogun II: 93/100 [Fall of the Samurai: 95/100]
    Napoleon: 58/100
    Empire: 53/100
    Medieval II: 90/100 [Kingdoms: 90/100]
    Rome I: 88/100
    Medieval I: 92/100
    Shogun I: 84/100
  • lucibuislucibuis Posts: 2,495Registered Users
    fix the branchwraith not having folloers bug please
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,393Registered Users
    CA_Whelan said:

In May then? Okay.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • SkarbandSkarband Member Posts: 552Registered Users
    edited December 2017
    The only problem I have is that, if I had to guess that the implementation of Norsca will slow the development of the other TW:W1 races and additions to them.

Still I am patient and will wait till January for the TK release. At least CA learned something from this and will make implementations for the 3rd game better hopefully.
  • TheHolyPilgrimTheHolyPilgrim Junior Member Posts: 453Registered Users
    frolof said:

No Norsca till May you need to be kidding!!! So we will have anoyinng chariot spam till May? You guys are horrible in doing your job, I hope somebody paid with his head for it.

They messed up. They admitted it. They'll do better next time. No need to put their heads on a chopping block, mate.

We all share your frustration, but there will be plenty of stuff in the meantime. Just a bit longer.
    What's funny is that that's exactly what they've told us Everytime. Needless to say it's getting tiresome.
    CA has been getting better. Are they perfect? No. But they are improving with each new update. They do listen to the community have have been taking great steps towards improving their products, which is a hell of a lot more than I can say about other companies. CA does make a misstep every now and then, but they always make an effort to recover.
  • RocketlegionRocketlegion Member Posts: 621Registered Users
    Wonder what the new game mode this week will be. Coop campaign with 4 people? I can dream.
  • KhorneFlakesKhorneFlakes Posts: 3,373Registered Users
    CA_Whelan said:

Balance Is A Lie