Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: WARHAMMER II - Development Update

14567810»

Comments

• sieahsieah Posts: 497Registered Users
    edited December 2017
    My reaction (from 2:22)
  • AwesomeLionAwesomeLion Member Posts: 1,120Registered Users
    Red_Dox said:

Pretty sure it's not Tomb Kings =3 Just a regular Lord Pack ^^

Pretty sure it can't get any more cryptic then Tomb Kings.

------Red Dox
    OMTK! (Oh My Tomb Kings). I kept reading Campaign Pack as Lord Pack for some reason so I did not get why everyone was saying it was Tomb Kings - now I'm onboard xD
    CA_Whelan said:

PaulH said:

@CA_Whelan

When are we likely to hear about the Experiment?

Pretty damn soon. And I'm not even talking soon™, I'm just talking soon.
    Already says "this week" in the blog so it's going to be today or tomorrow so luckily not enough time for this announcement to get out of hand with community hype =)
    Total War: Warhammer <3
  • TotalBorehammerTotalBorehammer Posts: 865Registered Users
    Ardralis said:

dge1 said:

(Post copied over fro a couple of other very simiar threads.)

Going to have to jump in here. Didn't want to as I don't swim well and the river of tears is in flood tide.

Folks, a gentle reminder about personal comments and insuations on or about the characteristics of other members if their opinion happens to be different from yours:

1) Respect:]
    1.1 Please do not disrespect any other forum users, including volunteer moderators or CA staff
    1.2a Please do not practice negative behaviour: personal attacks/bashing/baiting/spamming, etc.
    1.2b Please do not use taunting/trolling (behaviour with the deliberate goal of being controversial or offensive)

2) False Information and illegal content:
    2.1 You will not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, is material of a sexual matter, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise unlawful.

5) TotalWar.com Forum Behaviour:
    5.1a Post threads only in the appropriate forums (read sub-forum descriptions for help)
    5.1b Before posting a new thread ensure it does not already exist

5.5 Commentary on 'industry-wide policies', 'comparative game company business models', and like subjects are discouraged. These tend to devolve into R&R, bashing and flaming posts that do nothing to improve player access to developers; disseminate game ideas; create balance discussions; or other serious benefits that can result from the exchange of ideas amongst developers and players. There are other places where one may debate about the business-end of the discussion pool, but that is not here, thus threads and posts of this nature will usually be removed

This stuff has been around for awhile, and everyone agreed to follow the FT&C when they signed on. Let's start paying attention, or there will be repercussions.

Bottom line - don't respond in kind.

dge1

Classy stuff Mod, posting the forum rules about respect and insults while launching an insult at the whole playerbase for having the audacity to complain about a product they paid real money for not working as intended!. And yes I take it as a Insult.

Some players are disgruntled and why would they not be, they paid money for a product that's clearly not working as intended and instead of reasonable time expectations for a fix they are been told they will have to wait 6 months for content that should have been ready to go at launch.

It's about time the games industry coped on to themselves with there arrogance, if this was any other type of product it would be mass refund time!

Yes, this particular mod has a good track record for the most one-sided moderating I have ever seen on a forum. People who are positive about the game can insult people and rpeort other people's posts with impunity, whereas people who are negative about the game get posts deleted or put into the "need to be approved" queue. It's pretty bad.
    CA have a Facebook page... use the comments section of their posts and express your thoughts on ME poor quality/delays etc https://www.facebook.com/CreativeAssembly/ :)
  • Lexen_RapierLexen_Rapier Junior Member Posts: 262Registered Users
    edited December 2017
    In reference to the original blog article (I appreciate this is the 10th page of comments I'll be adding too).

This sort of thing is exactly what I anticipated - the job of porting content from the old game to the new game turned out to be a lot more complex than was anticipated - and therefore lead to a massive delay (compounded by months being spent on the wrong solution apparently).

The blog post accurately reflects my position (I played Norsca in Warhammer 1 before 2 came out - which I assumed was the point of it being released for Warhammer 1).

I'm disappointed that we didn't get more information on other things though - I already knew we'd get tomb kings and Norsca at some point.

I want to know if CA has come round to realising they do need to make rites for old world races (to make them cooler) and to release updated campaign mechanics to bring them up to the cool standard of Norsca and the TWW2 factions.
  • meyer-harald1989@gmx.de[email protected] Posts: 10Registered Users
    The reprisal update was for all old factions, isn't it? But why the Beastmen didn't get any of it.
  • ron1404nlron1404nl Junior Member Posts: 215Registered Users
    it is good to see that CA is stating that there are issues in the open on a forum but at the end of the day as a costumer it is still unacceptable. I've learned my lesson i will never pre order a CA again after this and Rome 2.
  • LudboneLudbone Posts: 1,158Registered Users
    Best thread ever :D
    Beastmen: where is the love?

• AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Posts: 4,401Registered Users
    drakausa said:

WoW! There are some pretty, well, ugly comments in here. As a new player for Warhammer Fantasy games I am somewhat taken aback. My biggest problem with WH2 is micro-management of the battles. The rather fast increase in different units (different I love - quantity I dread) makes this a rather steep learning curve and a lot of frustration before we start getting the hang of it. I was annoyed with having to go back and purchase WH1 and then purchase those races from DLCs as well. But I like this game so much I bought all but the Wood Elves and Beastmen DLCs (can't exactly afford them as of now) and happily got the free ones. As for delays, haha, try being a member of Star Citizen - in my fourth year of waiting for the release.

As an addendum, I am eagerly looking forward to the TOMB KINGS DLC. Before Christmas please? Also, devoutly hope it includes Araby. I even bought the Tomb Kings Army book to learn something about the race. The diverse lords (and Ladies) and wide diversity of units; fascinating lore and possibilities of play against the other factions further north is just making me cross my fingers. I will, painfully, learn how to micro the armies - I am steadily watching the youtube videos of the streamers to help learn anything I can (boy are they good!). Unfortunately you don't get much practice in game from start before it gets complicated. So I decided to start with the beginning games of most ME races, one after another, to get the smaller battles and learn my craft.

I feel the anger I see from some others is more a matter of frustration from experienced players who also love the game. This seems almost certain from the statements in the complaints. My complaint is that I am 72 years old and I am in a race between the RL grim reaper and delays in this game so such delays are more keenly felt and patience is a little harder (LOL). CA you have a good game and I am looking forward to the future. It was (and is) worth the money and you have earned it.

Welcome ti the community :)

Its normally more friendly, there was justa bit of frustration lately :)

• CrazyeightCrazyeight Posts: 336Registered Users
  • SchorschSchorsch Posts: 94Registered Users
    if CA would really do everything they can to bring norsca to ME and fix the bugs....it would not take 6 month to do it..... think about it....
    i know CA do what they can....sure....
    it`s good to read that many of you enjoy the game and the "support" in it`s current state but others don`t and they have the right to complain.
    and now enjoy your "free content" (you paid for it... just saying....)
  • MerwanorMerwanor Member Posts: 420Registered Users
    This is what happens when a developer overshoots with projects. Such as releasing a new campaign for Rome 2 seems so pointless to me, and such a waste of resources that should have been spent to complete promised content for their current releases.

I enjoyed Warhammer 2 a lot during the first week after launch, but the longer I played I did notice that it felt like Warhammer 2 was rushed out with too many copy pasted assets, bugs and general issues.

And when Mortal Empires finally launched I expected something more than what it is and it all just felt unfinished and rushed. And because of this I have stopped playing the game as I am waiting for it to feel like a complete product. Warhammer 1 felt like a finished product that kept being improved with DLC and patches, and I have clocked in over 300 hours into it. But Warhammer 2 feels like it is still in beta, and I got fed up with it after just about 60 hours.

And now with these news makes this much more apparent to me that Warhammer 2 should have stayed in development longer. And I fear for Warhammer 3 and I doubt I will pre-order it as I did with Warhammer 2. Why pay full price when the complete game is not really done until half a year after?

I will commend CA for being honest at least, that shows some integrity. But I don't like the fact that they are going to make so many different things. Most devs that overshoots like this, just creates copy pasted iterations of new games every year, and I would hate for the TW series to become like that.

Never half-ass two things, whole ass one thing.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,753Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited December 2017
    Posts deleted. PM's have been sent to the parties making the deleted comments.

A number of folks, not just those delete post authors, need to revisit and reread the Forum Terms & Conditions under which they are allowed to post on this forum.

Here's the link:

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
    dge1 said:

A number of folks, not just those delete post authors, need to revisit and reread the Forum Terms & Conditions under which they are allowed to post on this forum.

Here's the link:

I actually went I read it

Im probably obe of the few :)

Kranox said:

dge1 said:

Here's the link:

Kranox said:

dge1 said:

Here's the link:

I actually suprised myself that I read it

And btw Crazyeight do you do youtube videos there is a channel with you name so I was wondering

• Gollum123Gollum123 Posts: 44Registered Users
    I see everywhere that TW Warhammer 2 is unfinished, what? ME is a game on it's own in my eyes, TWW2 is very good the Vortex campaign is awesome and stuff BUT the ME campaign feel unfinished indeed. Personnally i thik that CA, giving the money and feddbacks for the first game, were a bit too "optimistic" about their ambitions for the other TWW titles, and the reality just knocked their doorstep. The reality is that it is the first time i see such a concepts, and the first times are not without mistakes and misleadings. I can forgive them as they were honest and i would have pre ordered TWW2 with or without Norsca anyway. However if they do the same type of mistakes again it will be a ****storm in the comment section....
    Kranox said:

Kranox said:

dge1 said:

Here's the link:

I actually suprised myself that I read it

And btw Crazyeight do you do youtube videos there is a channel with you name so I was wondering
    Yes. But it's probably going to stop shortly. Feel free to enjoy the rest of it.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,753Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Off topic side conversation posts containing personal insults and bashing comments or commentary about other members have been deleted.

Folks, everyone has a right to have an opinion on a thread topic, and post it on that thread, as long s it complies with the guidelines Creative Assembly set up in the Forum Terms & Conditions. Counter opinion posts must also cmply with those same guidelines. Nowhere is it permitted to insult or denigrate that opinion through personal invective aand insult.

There have been a number of warnings given in this thread. If the comments can't stay within the T&C bounds the warnings and infractions can and will result.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • ArkebuseArkebuse Posts: 3Registered Users
    I understand that there's been a messup of Norsca and I can wait, although may is very far away. Transparency is appreciated though I wonder really, how long it's actually taken to implement the Foundation Update revised skill trees for the OW LL's. And the biggest gripe; the so, so many bugs still out there. No mention of that? Instead they release this laboratory game mode as a way to side track our attention and keep the community's sheep happy.

Couldn't care less about that, I just want to see the work under the hood being polished. Screw your game modes and diversions with the TK (although of course that's welcomed though i could wait several more months for that). Priority on bug fixing and a smooth game, CA. Too bad there seems to be crawling with boot-licking confirmation bias on this forum and in the total war subreddit.
  • ArecBalrinArecBalrin Posts: 1,477Registered Users

I wonder what the rage will be like when people realise CA's 'open and honest' dev-post actually only told half the truth.

It is very easy to be honest if you're deflating something you know later is going to blow up.

What’s the point of claiming they are lying if you have no evidence of it? You have no proof they are lying in this blog.
    The post you are quoting makes no mention of any lies. You can be dishonest without lying. I am pointing out that much information is missing from the dev-post, if you know it to be otherwise, what is YOUR evidence?
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIPosts: 7,162Registered Users

The post you are quoting makes no mention of any lies. You can be dishonest without lying. I am pointing out that much information is missing from the dev-post, if you know it to be otherwise, what is YOUR evidence?

What is your evidence there is missing information? The positive, the assertive side, has the burden of proof. What information is missing?
    Thrones of Britannia: 69/100
    Warhammer II: 73/100
    Warhammer: 79/100
    Attila: 70/100 [Age of Charlemagne: 72/100]
    Rome II: 49/100
    Shogun II: 93/100 [Fall of the Samurai: 95/100]
    Napoleon: 58/100
    Empire: 53/100
    Medieval II: 90/100 [Kingdoms: 90/100]
    Rome I: 88/100
    Medieval I: 92/100
    Shogun I: 84/100
    MrJade said:

What is your evidence there is missing information? The positive, the assertive side, has the burden of proof. What information is missing?
    I've made a post elsewhere detailing it, apologies for the length: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/2015262#Comment_2015262

In summary: the devs did the usual trick of giving us just enough information to jump to our own conclusions which are not likely to be accurate or helpful. Just as with the 'fastest-selling' gambit, it has people believing 'CA said X' when CA did no such thing.

People think CA explained what went wrong and how they'd avoid it in future, they didn't. People think CA admitted to it as soon as it became apparent, there's no sign of it though; we have no idea when they knew or how long they may have stalled. CA do not construct their PR in this way by accident; they are perfectly clear when they choose to be. The rest of the time, they fudge.
  • DavidtheDukeDavidtheDuke Senior Member Posts: 2,170Registered Users

MrJade said:

I've made a post elsewhere detailing it, apologies for the length: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/2015262#Comment_2015262

In summary: the devs did the usual trick of giving us just enough information to jump to our own conclusions which are not likely to be accurate or helpful. Just as with the 'fastest-selling' gambit, it has people believing 'CA said X' when CA did no such thing.

People think CA explained what went wrong and how they'd avoid it in future, they didn't. People think CA admitted to it as soon as it became apparent, there's no sign of it though; we have no idea when they knew or how long they may have stalled. CA do not construct their PR in this way by accident; they are perfectly clear when they choose to be. The rest of the time, they fudge.
    Between this and stuff like this:

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/2027392/#Comment_2027392

My enthusiasm to pretty much preorder everything TWW related is very deflated. SFO and/or other mods fixes these kind of small issues (small in the sense of how easy they are to fix, not how they affect campaigns, which 30% difference in upkeep is really big) pretty quickly and handily. I was willing to tolerate this arrangement since it's just how CA likes to move slowly along, for whatever reason (red tape, laziness, or a combination I don't know and can never know).

But Norsca can't be modded in, and we can't even get RoR in for 5 months because the actually competent guys who could get it all in are on other projects where you've yet to make money on, right?

Meh. I liked paying for TWW content because it was fairly good by CA standards and TW+Warhammer is the best TW combination yet. Between this lackluster ability to fix even simple issues and maintain a good version control and code parity has strained my tolerance to where I'm no longer just preordering anymore. The only thing that gets me excited much anymore w/ TWW is mods now. I hope the franchise is looking better by May or whatever whenever the top CA devs get back to stitching all this stuff together better.
    i6700k @ 4.0 ghz
    EVGA GTX1080ti FTW3 11GB
    1TB SSD w/ Windows 10 Pro 64bit
  • Gr_Ad_KinzGr_Ad_Kinz Senior Member Posts: 1,052Registered Users
    This is beyond disappointing. Pre-order Warhammer II for Norsca Faction, but you have to wait HALF A YEAR to play it in the game? That is a joke right? That is not a minor mistake at all.

It definitely makes me more hesitant on future purchases, and I own all all the DLC. I usually purchase day one of it releasing on Steam, but I am with holding buying Tomb Kings. I feel like their blog post really didn't answer anything, all it did was affirm peoples fears. "Wait half a year to place the faction you've already paid for, but hey! Don't fret! For another $20 you can buy a different race this month!" Leaves a bad taste.
    Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.
    Donald Trump

This is beyond disappointing. Pre-order Warhammer II for Norsca Faction, but you have to wait HALF A YEAR to play it in the game? That is a joke right? That is not a minor mistake at all.

It definitely makes me more hesitant on future purchases, and I own all all the DLC. I usually purchase day one of it releasing on Steam, but I am with holding buying Tomb Kings. I feel like their blog post really didn't answer anything, all it did was affirm peoples fears. "Wait half a year to place the faction you've already paid for, but hey! Don't fret! For another $20 you can buy a different race this month!" Leaves a bad taste.

Well you paid borsca for warhammer 1, the ME is a free bonus( and yeah its a nistake, but it doesnt mean, that they screwed once that everything else will have problem, its even the opposite, they learned from that so its gonna be even better, I understand why you are salty about that, but there is no reason to hate everything CA does for that, its a thousand time worst for them, since thdy need to entirely redo a faction they already did for completely free

• MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIPosts: 7,162Registered Users
    Kranox said:

Well you paid borsca for warhammer 1, the ME is a free bonus( and yeah its a nistake, but it doesnt mean, that they screwed once that everything else will have problem, its even the opposite, they learned from that so its gonna be even better, I understand why you are salty about that, but there is no reason to hate everything CA does for that, its a thousand time worst for them, since thdy need to entirely redo a faction they already did for completely free
    When I bought Norsca it said it would be in ME in 2017 on the Steam Store.
    Thrones of Britannia: 69/100
    Warhammer II: 73/100
    Warhammer: 79/100
    Attila: 70/100 [Age of Charlemagne: 72/100]
    Rome II: 49/100
    Shogun II: 93/100 [Fall of the Samurai: 95/100]
    Napoleon: 58/100
    Empire: 53/100
    Medieval II: 90/100 [Kingdoms: 90/100]
    Rome I: 88/100
    Medieval I: 92/100
    Shogun I: 84/100
    Further to that, the fact that the combined campaign is now being seen as a 'free bonus', partially because of CA's own recent marketing, is devastating to those of us who invested into the Warhammer trilogy only because of the announcement of a combined campaign before game 1 was released. It's not an 'extra' in our eyes; it's the main feature and CA seem to be ballsing it up.
  • coury97coury97 Junior Member Posts: 607Registered Users

Further to that, the fact that the combined campaign is now being seen as a 'free bonus', partially because of CA's own recent marketing, is devastating to those of us who invested into the Warhammer trilogy only because of the announcement of a combined campaign before game 1 was released. It's not an 'extra' in our eyes; it's the main feature and CA seem to be ballsing it up.

This, it's the current situation nonetheless.
  • LolTHELolLolTHELol Posts: 776Registered Users

So true. For me hype for the game 2 and any further DLC has just died due to this Norsca fiasco.

Moreover I really cannot understand how in the world that the Chaos doom stacks bug still did not get fixed. Playing as the Vampires becomes impossible after some time due to every chaos army just targeting my territory and sending armies non-stop, these armies completely ignore everyone else and come for me. I do not know who made this design decision and who has tested it, but after few months this bug still persists.
  • coury97coury97 Junior Member Posts: 607Registered Users
    @MasterElric If you asked for it in the proper terms and time, then good luck man.