Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: WARHAMMER II - Development Update

Comments

• DEM0N_LLAMADEM0N_LLAMA Posts: 408Registered Users
    edited December 2017
    Will there be new content between January and May?

Also thanks for all the info and what is going on.
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Posts: 2,132Registered Users
    Well this friggin sux.
  • TheHolyPilgrimTheHolyPilgrim Junior Member Posts: 453Registered Users

Wonder what the new game mode this week will be. Coop campaign with 4 people? I can dream.

I would die of excitement. Race for Karak-Eight-Peaks, here we come!
  • RzeźbiarzRzeźbiarz Junior Member Posts: 123Registered Users

No Norsca till May you need to be kidding!!! So we will have anoyinng chariot spam till May? You guys are horrible in doing your job, I hope somebody paid with his head for it.

They messed up. They admitted it. They'll do better next time. No need to put their heads on a chopping block, mate.

We all share your frustration, but there will be plenty of stuff in the meantime. Just a bit longer.
    I appreciate honesty from blog but they would avoid it by being honest from beginning. I am frustrated not because I can't play Norsca, for them beeing playable I could wait. What bother me is that playing anything north from vaults(vamp, empire, Skarsnik, Brettonia) end up as fighting endless stack of chariots and Marouder horseman and das is game breaking for me. Mods aren't answer for the game that together with all DLC cost more then 200 euros! When I would make such a big mistake I would be fired. I expect that it cost somebody's head because that mistake influence whole Warhammer Total War future and could end up with less money to .CA what end up in shorter support from Sega and my dream game would never ever be complete.
  • SeladorianSeladorian Posts: 11Registered Users
    Thank you for the honest explanation. Resolving conflicts in a merge is one of my least favorite aspects of development, and I can't even imagine doing it on the scale you all deal with. Cheers!
  • KrabbzKrabbz FrancePosts: 372Registered Users
    edited December 2017
    CA_Whelan said:

Where is 30th anniversary regiments of renown..??

The 30th regiments will come along with Norsca
    That's a joke...

TW:WH2 is a fail.
    I haven't played the ME campaign considering how bad and shallow it is compared to what you promised. And I barely played the Vortex campaign since the only thing I want is ME.
    And now I learn that I won't be playing it until at least May...

No more preorder, no more instabuy DLC. I'll get it cheaper with unofficial sellers.
    I'm done supporting this ****.
  • baronblackbaronblack Posts: 3,202Registered Users
    I appreciate the honesty guys. Well done, next time predict these nasty greeny throggy things in your faction transportation for game 3 <3

However, how big would be Norsca update? The 30 Regiments and all the Foundation Update in its full glory won't be too much hard to implement?
  • DavidtheDukeDavidtheDuke Senior Member Posts: 2,170Registered Users
    Is there any chance maybe you guys could dump the Norsca data into the files in your next DLC update? This way modders could implement Norsca, maybe disable some of the campaign features if they're too buggy, and I at least have a passable AI norsca to fight against?

That's really what annoys me most about Norsca. Everytime I see their bland armies it's just a sore remind I won't see them until May.
    i6700k @ 4.0 ghz
    EVGA GTX1080ti FTW3 11GB
    1TB SSD w/ Windows 10 Pro 64bit
  • PetromirPetromir Senior Member Posts: 2,151Registered Users

Isn’t the Saga game due in Feb?
  • TheHolyPilgrimTheHolyPilgrim Junior Member Posts: 453Registered Users
    Krabbz said:

CA_Whelan said:

That's a joke...

I haven't played the ME campaign considering how bad and shallow it is compared to what you promised. And I barely played the Vortex campaign since the only thing I want is ME.

No more preorder, no more instabuy DLC. I'll get it cheaper with unofficial sellers.
    So, let me get this straight. You say that this series is a fail, but you're still gonna go buy it and play it and then probably complain about it some more even though you claim that you don't want to support it?

k.
  • NaaxxNaaxx Posts: 31Registered Users
    edited December 2017
    Krabbz said:

CA_Whelan said:

That's a joke...

Wait ... 6 month of Surtha Ek and his evil twin ?
    and we have these sentences "it’s perhaps getting harsher treatment than it deserves"
    and "we do feel it’s playable and enjoyable"

Yeah...
  • rekaffeinatedrekaffeinated Posts: 116Registered Users
    The explanation is much appreciated. It is certainly not the news I think anyone wanted to read today but it does hopefully answer a lot of questions that have been floating around.
  • johnheartjohnheart Posts: 55Registered Users
    Wow. Okay then, I guess I'll put a hold on this game then. For awhile... These problems usually occurs when you kinda jump the gun on making claims without even starting the process of it. Kinda disappointed as I wanted to start a true mortal empire campaign with Bretonnia's foundation update along with Norsca campaign. Still, at least we got answers and a possibly reasonable dates on what to expect in the future. I hope you guys focused more on the Mortal Empire campaign during development to not repeat this incident.
  • KhorneFlakesKhorneFlakes Posts: 3,373Registered Users
    edited December 2017
    The situation with norsca is understandable, **** happens all the time ,just hope the norsca launch is smooth :)

btw would have liked ror in dec-jan :( but oh well,it is what it is
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on

Balance Is A Lie

• baronblackbaronblack Posts: 3,202Registered Users
    Naaxx said:

Krabbz said:

CA_Whelan said:

That's a joke...

and we have these sentences "it’s perhaps getting harsher treatment than it deserves"

Yeah...
    You will miss Surtha Ek when you can't vs him as Settra anymore.
  • Lord_XelosLord_Xelos Posts: 1,806Registered Users
    edited December 2017
    This is the most honest speech from CA staff I've seen like ever.

I'd like to say "good job for finally taking the responsibility for Your actions and apologizing" but there this question spinning in my head round and round "why so late"?
    Does it really take a total catastrophe to admit making mistakes, get real and apologize?
    Does this mean that if Norsca were to be released let's say in December we wouldn't deserve apology? Damn right we would!

As for matter of interest though - I must say Norsca in May is beyond disastrous. We payed for that (whether directly or indirectly - preordering) and being able to access content we payed for over a half year after it's been payed for deserves a serious compensation. And whoever says "it's already in WH1" obviously don't get the point - WH1 is dead, obsolete, done for. WH2 is really a WH1 v2.0 and going back to previous version is like playing StarCraft 1 over StarCraft 2 - pointless, unless You're a fanatic.

Having RoR for DLC factions we bought even earlier than Norsca (and which needed those RoR for obvious balance reasons) is even worse. That's a over-year-old content unplayable as far as balance is concerned.

In the end I'm disappointed, beyond measure. I might have been **** before but I still cared. Now I don't. And I expect not to be the only one, which will for certain be visible in Your future sales.
  • petertel123petertel123 Junior Member Posts: 737Registered Users
    Seems this game is gonna sit in my library for a long time before I boot it up again
    Team Bretonnia
    Team Dark Elves
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 9,797Registered Users
    Naaxx said:

Krabbz said:

CA_Whelan said:

That's a joke...

Yeah...
    6 months of Surtha Ek and his Evil Twin... how long was that in TW WH 1? over one Year...
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • RandomTagRandomTag Posts: 1,479Registered Users
    Don't be surprised to see TK DLC get review bombed.
  • RustedybaRustedyba Posts: 76Registered Users
    So CA you are leaving broken game till May and try to sell other games instead. THANK YOU !
  • ITA_Vae_VictisITA_Vae_Victis Senior Member ItalyPosts: 1,579Registered Users
    Arsenic said:

Now everyone's going to be endlessly discussing the word "cryptic"..

There's not much to discuss really: cryptic -> crypt -> tomb
  • NaaxxNaaxx Posts: 31Registered Users

Naaxx said:

Krabbz said:

CA_Whelan said:

That's a joke...

Yeah...
    6 months of Surtha Ek and his Evil Twin... how long was that in TW WH 1? over one Year...
    Maybe.. difference was the regional occupation. Just saying...
    but fortunatly there is mods
  • uriakuriak Posts: 3,421Registered Users
    Hey I know Norsca is a long time away, but if it's the chario spam that annoys you, you can use Norscan nerfs or AI army composition mods, in the meantime. -And yes, I know, they should fix this, independantly from the Norsca redo -, I'm talking from a practical viewpoint, here.

It's sad for the RoR, though, I didn't get to play WH1 before WH2 was out, and in the meantime I've modded it instead of playing. Well I still have plenty of content to try between january and may...
  • AwesomeLionAwesomeLion Member Posts: 1,102Registered Users
    @CA_Whelan Can you find out if there will be an DLC and FLC releases between the Lord Pack release in January and Norsca release in May? Would help to be up front about this.
    Total War: Warhammer <3
  • DEM0N_LLAMADEM0N_LLAMA Posts: 408Registered Users
    Petromir said:

for Warhammer II
  • lucibuislucibuis Posts: 2,493Registered Users
    CA_Whelan said:

but why???????
  • Grimgor_the_CAkeGrimgor_the_CAke Posts: 1,624Registered Users
    Be honest, I do not pretend I understand the IT problems. But... well... there are still many unfinished interesting campaigns in Game 1, Game 2 Vortex and ME as well as achievements for me.

Take your time, CA :)
  • Kazegami74Kazegami74 Posts: 91Registered Users
    5 months to implement Norsca and ROR ? That must be a joke. Yet Norsca was Warhammer II pre-order bonus !! It's not any random DLC from Warhammer 1. Honnestly, this is just disrespectful for the players.
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Posts: 2,336Registered Users
    Funny. I have layed off playing ME because missing Norsca/RoR/Update and now, where I have a date when I can play, my first thought is: "You friggin monsters! That's around the same time where Stellaris gets his big 2.0 change".

Ah well, at least now I know when Tomb Kings come next month, I could snuck in a ME testdrive if I wanted, without fearing that three weeks later something is released that crashes my turn 150 save file.

------Red Dox
  • PetromirPetromir Senior Member Posts: 2,151Registered Users

Petromir said:

for Warhammer II
    Because more branching code is what’s needed here...