Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: WARHAMMER II - Development Update

Comments

• AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Posts: 4,372Registered Users
    42konyo said:

Incredibly thankful for the devs being so open about what they're doing and what exactly went wrong, this is exactly the kind of communication I was hoping to see, huge thanks to all the people that added something to that blog post.

That being said, I still don't see any mention of a fullblown patch coming anytime soon, and with the bugs that are plaguing the game now (biggest ones being units forgetting attack orders, broken battle difficulty buffs/debuffs and AI blobbing all over the place) I feel that this already should warrant a hotfix.

Still glad we got a fleshed out status update though, and although not seeing Norsca untill may is a bit sour knowing why it's taking so long and having a rough estimate of when it and other things arrive is enough to put those issues to rest for me.

The reprisla update will also do bug fixes

• JadawinKhanidiJadawinKhanidi Posts: 883Registered Users
    Great blog post, honest and sincere.

I don't care much about Norsca anyway. Just one faction out of so many. Bug fixes and improvements are more important because they affect every part of the game.
    Krabbz said:

CA_Whelan said:

Where is 30th anniversary regiments of renown..??

The 30th regiments will come along with Norsca
    That's a joke...

TW:WH2 is a fail.
    I haven't played the ME campaign considering how bad and shallow it is compared to what you promised. And I barely played the Vortex campaign since the only thing I want is ME.
    And now I learn that I won't be playing it until at least May...

No more preorder, no more instabuy DLC. I'll get it cheaper with unofficial sellers.
    I'm done supporting this ****.
    Wjat are you talking about? Srly ?

People are overreacting so much its crazy...

Arly its one faction that is delayed, ME is out and Reprisal will arrive in a week or so the only thing that is missing is norcsa and Ror... srly that not a lot if only this makes you sad and frustrated you must have a sad life

Bug fixes are comming its ONLY Norsca

1 SINGLE RACE

• TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 7,684Registered Users

Great blog post, honest and sincere.

I don't care much about Norsca anyway. Just one faction out of so many. Bug fixes and improvements are more important because they affect every part of the game.

Better to have a a working campaign with a dozen races than a bugbreaking campaign with 13.

Bugs are what needs fixing atm
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
    Rustedyba said:

So CA you are leaving broken game till May and try to sell other games instead. THANK YOU !

.. the game is not broken till may calm down pls... there is an update un a week and stuff will be patch only norsca is missing

• ReeksReeks Posts: 1,937Registered Users
    For the love of god could you please consider "IGNORING ORDERS" "BLOBBING" bugs as EXTREME cases and get them hot fixed? I could live with not getting any new content for the next half year if these two issues gets fixed asap, its just so damn game breaking.

Ps: Thanks for the honest communication btw, that was sorely needed.
  • CrazyeightCrazyeight Posts: 336Registered Users
    Kranox said:

Krabbz said:

CA_Whelan said:

Where is 30th anniversary regiments of renown..??

The 30th regiments will come along with Norsca
    That's a joke...

TW:WH2 is a fail.
    I haven't played the ME campaign considering how bad and shallow it is compared to what you promised. And I barely played the Vortex campaign since the only thing I want is ME.
    And now I learn that I won't be playing it until at least May...

No more preorder, no more instabuy DLC. I'll get it cheaper with unofficial sellers.
    I'm done supporting this ****.
    Wjat are you talking about? Srly ?

People are overreacting so much its crazy...

Arly its one faction that is delayed, ME is out and Reprisal will arrive in a week or so the only thing that is missing is norcsa and Ror... srly that not a lot if only this makes you sad and frustrated you must have a sad life

Bug fixes are comming its ONLY Norsca

1 SINGLE RACE
    Delayed? You read the correct blogpost right? But my payment for the game wasn´t "delayed"... so if you´re fine with that, your problem... but accept that there are some guys having problems with that.
  • CrazyeightCrazyeight Posts: 336Registered Users
    Kranox said:

Rustedyba said:

So CA you are leaving broken game till May and try to sell other games instead. THANK YOU !

.. the game is not broken till may calm down pls... there is an update un a week and stuff will be patch only norsca is missing
    You forgot the RoR... you may play only campain, but the MP is actually a disaster.
  • GrafEchoGrafEcho Posts: 33Registered Users
    Complete communication with your benefactors - the people who purchase your games, is needed in a more timely fashion in future. It is your duty to maintain open channels with us, regardless of your misgivings about this community. It is our job to give you hassle, it causes you to strive and struggle - to make the best games possible.
  • LordTorquemadoLordTorquemado Posts: 1,132Registered Users
    edited December 2017
    Am I the only who hates the new roster of Norsca? Too monsters in there, I always thougth in norscan armies as many barbarians aspiring to become Chaos Warriors with some mammoths here and there and some werewolves and monsters as special or singular unis, but I never thougth in norscan armies like a spam of cyclops and werewolves. I hope when Norsca comes, not all norscan factions comes with the new roster, and some of them keep the actual roster.

And about the post, it is perfectly understandable, even if we don't like it. And I really appreaciate the fact of they have given us a explanation, which is more than we are used to. I think if they are transparent in their communication, we can undersand all.

And I would like to say that I find too big problems in the game right now: some graphics bug in quest battles: CTD in the start of it sometimes, and the imposibility of pussing some buttons of the bottom bar and abilities and magic spells. That really measures the experience.
    The other problem is the talents and technology of the TWW1 races are not in pair with the TWW2 races. Some absurd technologies give +12% Weapon Damage to the Reiksguard and Greatswords, giving a pathetic +2 Weapon Damage, while the technologies of the TWW2 give Weapon Strength, giving a significant bonus to the units. Some abilities like Frenzy should be revamped too to give Weapon Strength, not Weapon Damage.

EDIT: It seems the button bug only appears in the new quest battles, so maybe it is something about the fact you start the battle in the same time of the speech in the TWW2 battles, and not after the speech.

The button bug, which avoids the player to push buttons like Guard Mode or Skirmish Mode:

"You stumble about in darkness. There is no light here, no mercy. Naggarond has claimed the souls of better heroes than you."
  • TalmoreanTalmorean Posts: 1,430Registered Users
    Thanks for the transparency CA. May is a bit off but oh well, plenty of factions to play.

To everyone bitching:

After the complete cluster **** that was EA's battlefront 2 loot box SNAFU, EVERY developer and publisher is going to be extra careful right now. Better to go slow and take the time. This is exactly what most gamers want. A more polished, smoother running product.

To @CA_Whelan

If I may be so bold, if CA were to butter us up with some FLC goodies to pass the time until may, I am sure it would raise our Diplomacy rating with you guys. Just sayin ;)
  • LudboneLudbone Posts: 1,143Registered Users
    Bah...I've already Norsca in Warhammer 1. I can wait for Warhammer 2 Norsca without problems...yeah, May is far...but, again, I can play with Norsca in Warhammer 1.

Now...let's speak about Lord Packs, FLC and "cryptic" Tomb Dudes...eheheh :* <3
    Beastmen: where is the love?

• LudboneLudbone Posts: 1,143Registered Users

Will there be new content between January and May?

Also thanks for all the info and what is going on.

1 billion $ question
    Beastmen: where is the love?

• IcysmoothIcysmooth Posts: 97Registered Users
    edited December 2017
    bydlo said:

>norska in a half an year from the release
    siiiiiiip.
    B R A V O
    R
    A
    V
    O
    CA never cease to stir the **** up.

So first the fudge up the preorder for WH1 with Chaos, now they basically fudged up the preorder for WH2 with Norsca being unplayable for *likely* A YEAR AFTER RELEASE :dizzy: :D

Thats EPIC!!!

Since Norsca was supposed to be relased a month or two after WH2 release, than end of year, than January, now MAY... can we just for safety sake call it ETA 2019 and leave it there???
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 6,506Registered Users
    Fair enough. Always nice to be kept up to speed. While disappointed with ME so far you have yet to let down in the long run as evidenced by Total War Warhammer 1 being one of my favourite games ever.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • RustedybaRustedyba Posts: 76Registered Users
    edited December 2017
    Kranox said:

Rustedyba said:

ME is broken. Have you reached to Chaos Invasion moment? Current mechanics is on poor mod level. There are also problems reversed battle difficult setting (leadership bonus), blobing etc.

I also find Vortex campaign as addition to ME and ME is not playable for me. During December we won't get any important patch. So I am done with this game till TK arrive with maybe some important bugfixes.

Resprisal update is weak and it doesn't bring much to the game (even not all factions got upgrade). It looks like cut part from bigger update.
  • PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Posts: 438Registered Users
    Red_Dox said:

Pretty sure it's not Tomb Kings =3 Just a regular Lord Pack ^^

Pretty sure it can't get any more cryptic then Tomb Kings.

------Red Dox
    Neferata (?)
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Dragon/Deamon slayer, Doomseeker, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Rune Golem, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Silver Pinacle, Karag Dum, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

Those all missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!
  • LangolierLangolier Junior Member Posts: 374Registered Users
    Thanks for sharing the info and I just like everyone else would really like to see Norsca as soon as possible because the north is so damn annoyingly boring right now...but hey things are what they are.

Also pretty sure I spotted a Black Adder quote in the blog text as well:

Captain Blackadder: You see, Baldrick, in order to prevent war two great super-armies developed. Us, the Russians and the French on one side, Germany and Austro-Hungary on the other. The idea being that each army would act as the other's deterrent. That way, there could never be a war.

Private Baldrick: Except, this is sort of a war, isn't it?

Captain Blackadder: That's right. There was one tiny flaw in the plan.

Lieutenant George: O, what was that?

Captain Blackadder: It was ****.
    "Furthermore i believe that Carthage must be destroyed" - Cato the Elder
    "Furthermore I also believe that Chaos Dwarfs should have really big hats" - Langolier the middle aged
  • drsmokudrsmoku Posts: 14Registered Users
    This is soooo dissapointing :((

I could live with Norsca in May but RoR delayed as well??

What the hell...

And this is content which we already payed for as preorder L O L

P R E O R D E R bonus xD

Soooo now we get first DLC before preorder bonus xD

I think it’s time to change definition of preorder bonus to „something you get like one year after release and few payed DLC”

Well it would be quite funny if it wasn’t actualy sad :(

And lack of communication is another dissapointing point- Community Team faild this big time imo (don’t get me wrong I love those guys and gals but still).
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 3,102Registered Users
    Kranox said:

Rustedyba said:

Selling other games like..... Tomb Kings, for this game....... hmmmm
  • karge068karge068 Senior Member Posts: 1,213Registered Users
    Arsenic said:

Well, it certainly did answer a few questions.

Now everyone's going to be endlessly discussing the word "cryptic"..

Tomb Kings! Crypt-ic!
  • JastallJastall Junior Member Posts: 980Registered Users
    I appreciate the transparency and understand that technical issues are a thing, especially with a project as ambitious as ME. But more than half a year to implement Norsca -game 2's pre-order bonus no less- is not really acceptable. To say nothing of the fact that patches seem to arrive more slowly than for WH1.

In these conditions, I'll be very hesitant to buy new DLC for WH2 until Mortal Empires is a complete package. And I certainly hope CA learns from their mistakes in the future.
  • Add1ctedAdd1cted Senior Member Posts: 532Registered Users
    Whilst disappointing that it wont be until May that we'll get the pre order content integrated, I really appreciate the honesty of this blog. **** ups happen and I can respect owning up to the mistakes (and also now understand why it took so long for coms).

Does mean my baby will probably turn up before a fleshed out ME (due 17th April), maybe i'll be on paternity!
  • Insomnia1337Insomnia1337 Junior Member Posts: 40Registered Users
    Thank you for the transparency by mentioning stuff that shows that you care about the community and its opinion. The blog shows me that you have the same goal in mind to deliver a warhammer universe that could probably be the best tw title for years. The timing might be frustrating but on the same time it shows that you want to deliver a good and tested product.
    Of course the bugfixing should be done properly,... And if it takes time, it God damn takes time... Finito.
    Greetzi

Insomnia
  • SchorschSchorsch Posts: 94Registered Users
    may 2018? LEL
    it`s time to play another game and come back to tww when game 3 is out and ME is fixed....2020 maybe....
  • Tempus_fugitTempus_fugit Senior Member Posts: 1,268Registered Users
    Cool. Thanks for the honesty and detail.
    I can't wait to play tomb kings.
    There is no time but the present. – S:TW Hojo, R:TW Brutii/Germania/Alemanni(BI), Med2: Venice, S2: Oda, R2: Julia/Boii/Suebi/Lusitani, Attila: Geats/Garamantians, WH: All factions VH, Wood Elves on L. TWWH2: Lizardmen, Dark Elves, Skaven, Khalida, High Elves, Vampirates. ME: Khalida, Vampire Counts, Carcasonne
  • AxelradAxelrad Senior Member Posts: 632Registered Users
    Thanks for the update, CA. Things like this happen in game dev. I'm just happy to see you guys working on a stable solution instead of rushing out something fast but sloppy. People might be complaining now but it'll make for a better game in the long run.
  • GrotbaggGrotbagg Posts: 114Registered Users
    I dearly hope the january DLC is Tomb Kings!
    At least we can play Norsca in game one, that they wont come untill may is a dissapointment, but fixing the bugs in ME is alot more important, there are still alot of races to choose from! :smile:
  • karge068karge068 Senior Member Posts: 1,213Registered Users
    Disappointing, but well explained and with an apology, so I'm good.

Although I'm still not clear why ROR are taking so long.....
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Posts: 697Registered Users
    Not what I have hoped/expected but thank you all for the explanation.

Well, right now I am very glad, that I am currently more interested in TK as in Norsca.
    "In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No faction shall escape my sight.
    Let those who think deniers are right
    Beware my power--Faction Lantern's light!"

Everythime a faction/race is excluded from the trilogy, these games become smaller. RIP Araby and others.