Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Rat Race: An 88-Turn Skaven "Speedrun" AAR

ShoggyShoggy Posts: 3Registered Users
edited December 2017 in Community Content
I recently decided to see just how few turns it's possible to complete a World Conquest in. Through a mixture of cheese, tedious micromanaging, and even more cheese, I managed to pull it off in 88.

Here's the full write-up of the project. It was doozy.

https://imgur.com/gallery/rRziD

Comments

• funnessfunness Posts: 146Registered Users
    Wow good job!! alot of the armies you used looked like low tier armies mainly clan rats and slaves? is that correct?
  • ShoggyShoggy Posts: 3Registered Users
    Yep, later game I had a few stormvermin armies too, but it was generally faster to recruit 2/3 armies of clan and slave rats than to get a more expensive stack going.

This meant that most of the 88 battles I actually played were a tad frustrating, since microing that many low tier units is a huge pain.
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Posts: 3,786Registered Users
    Talk about a vermintide.
  • DarkLordDDarkLordD Posts: 1,434Registered Users
    edited January 10
    Haha ! Amazing experiment!

May I ask, how many armies did you have at the end of the game to complete this in just 88 turns !! ?? That truly is a grand invasion on world scale !! An invasion worthy of the horned rat himself !
    Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • ShoggyShoggy Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited January 12
    Most concurrent forces was 136, but around half that was rebel farming.

Call it ~70 offensive armies at "peak".

As a side note, the Very Hard Bretonnia run I'm typing up actually peaked at 270 forces (of which still only 60-70 were "offensive").

Post edited by Shoggy on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file