Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CA incompetent or just dont care?

2»

Comments

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 7,244
    I spent 10 hours of my valuable time at work this week on something that was wrong. Turns out the instructions I was given were wrong. Mistakes happen to the best of us.

Norsca has been a mistake, but if we compare game 1 to game 2 then 2 is far more polished, and the better product. It's also getting regular patches. S'all good.
    Things that must be known:
    • The Ogres are a settled race, not a horde.
    • Demons should be 1 race, as per their army book
    • Total Warhammer 2 is superior to Total Warhammer 1
    • There is a big old stack of DLC / Large FLC coming after Norsca
    • The Ogres are going to eat your faction, and its throne.
  • Lord_XelosLord_Xelos Registered Users Posts: 1,806

I spent 10 hours of my valuable time at work this week on something that was wrong. Turns out the instructions I was given were wrong. Mistakes happen to the best of us.

Norsca has been a mistake, but if we compare game 1 to game 2 then 2 is far more polished, and the better product. It's also getting regular patches. S'all good.

More polished? What? There so many bugs I stopped counting...

Patched regularly? Only completely gamebreaking bugs are fixed (or not, considering units still stop shooting and move to melee range instead and stay there)...

Plus January > May emptiness doesn't count as regularly.

Patched regularly? Only completely gamebreaking bugs are fixed (or not, considering units still stop shooting and move to melee range instead and stay there)...

There's a patch in 6 days, there was a patch 2 weeks post launch, and another in between, there's going to be a patch in January with Tomb Kings, and we can expect fairly regular patches between January and May. So yes, it is patched regularly.

There are bugs, but all things are relative, compare the level of polish between the two, TWW2 has far more than TWW1 did at the same stage. It is a much more coherent, better product.
  • KGpoopyKGpoopy Registered Users Posts: 2,007
    Game 3 will surely be very successful. Even more so than WH2.
    I just have a feelin :wink:
    KGpoopy said:

Game 3 will surely be very successful. Even more so than WH2.
    I just have a feelin :wink:

It has Ogres, its success is a given.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 2,417

Bargrimm said:

Leaving Mortal Empires in this state for at least 6 Months isnt acceptable.

I don't think it will be in the current state for that long. There is a patch due with the Reprisal update soon, and likely to be another with the "cryptic" DLC in January. There may also be others between January and May that haven't been mentioned yet.
    You forgot one thing Billy. RoR for DLC factions. As far as balance is concerned, all DLC factions released so far are unplayable without RoR (UP as hell). I'm quite sure there wouldn't be so much fuss if it was just Norsca. But cutting out RoR (once again) from update and pushing it behind Norsca is in fact unacceptable!
    I agree that it completely sucks how long implementation is taking, but again, unplayable? They're at the same level of playability they were when released or before the 30th RoR. They are not unplayable by any stretch of the word. I don't even think they're that underpowered, but that's pretty subjective. Unplayable = unable to play. It's not that confusing of a word. Just say how much it sucks and how it should have been implemented already. Don't say stuff that just isn't true. Or you're in the same boat with CA saying Norsca would be on ME in 2017.
    RIP
    The game is unplayable without 30th RoR? I've played 400 hours without them, weird.
  • superfiendsuperfiend Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 920
    CA lit a candle. Some people thought it was too big, others too small. A few thought it burned too fast, others too slow. CA intentionally made it bright but some people like their candles to burn more dim. Some people didn't like the color of the flame and others thought the candle wax was delicious.

Everyone shared their opinions about the candle online. Not because anyone really cared what others thought - no, just because their opinion is important to them.
  • KranoxKranox Registered Users Posts: 1,717

Bargrimm said:

I don't think it will be in the current state for that long. There is a patch due with the Reprisal update soon, and likely to be another with the "cryptic" DLC in January. There may also be others between January and May that haven't been mentioned yet.
    You forgot one thing Billy. RoR for DLC factions. As far as balance is concerned, all DLC factions released so far are unplayable without RoR (UP as hell). I'm quite sure there wouldn't be so much fuss if it was just Norsca. But cutting out RoR (once again) from update and pushing it behind Norsca is in fact unacceptable!
    MP or Campaign that they are UP, because atm beatsmen and sood elves are some of the best warhammer 1 faction
  • KranoxKranox Registered Users Posts: 1,717

The missiles running closer is not a bug, its something that was made on purpose so they can find a good firering position

It has been said by the dev, I dont like it, but its no bug
  • gholingholin Member Registered Users Posts: 742

I also beg to differ that TWW2 is more polished. I never had probs with the first game, but this one has always had weird graphical issues (depending on battle lighting, auras around edge of units and weird shadow filtering all over the place) and when ME was released, I couldn't play the game for a month because of crashes. I'm only now able to play with reprisal beta.
    So, no. Not even close to polished like TWW1. I never had any problems there.

• gholingholin Member Registered Users Posts: 742
    edited December 2017

Bargrimm said:

This. So much this! I am not even going to touch Bretonnia, Wood Elves, Beastmen, or WoC until they add those in. I wish they'd focus on the 30th anniversary units first and get those to us quickly. Those can't be that hard now that they figured out how to fix Norsca.

Beastmen and WoC especially need those to remain viable and it feels like ME is just inferior to TWW1 without them.
  • AlJabberwockAlJabberwock Moderator USAModerators, Tech Moderators, Knights Posts: 7,701
    Moved to Rants and Raves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Every so often things happen that can’t be rationalized in a conventional way. People wanna know their government has a response. I am that response.”
    ― Kent Mansley (in "Iron Giant")

For most general problems, for which you have no idea of the culprit, your first port of call should be:
    https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us/categories/200307381-Total-War-Support

If you are aware of a bug or a specific issue for which you know the cause, post in the support section for the specific title on our forums. ~Al

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
  • BargrimmBargrimm Registered Users Posts: 229
    edited December 2017
    Kranox said:

Bargrimm said:

The OP is spot on. Waiting for Norsca isnt great but i can wait for it. The current state of ME with
    1. AI Dodging Artillery fire
    2. Horrible Autoresolve
    3. The complete dominance of some factions in the campaign and the complete passivity of others makes campaigns very repetetive and boring.
    4. WH1 Factions and espacially Legendary Lords are boring and weak compered to WH2 Factions.

Leaving Mortal Empires in this state for at least 6 Months isnt acceptable. CA made a very bad move with this decision because the interrest in WH2 except for a few die hard fans and the multiplayer faction will drop bigtime. Also this is very bad customer policy and will backfire on dlc sale and most likely on sales to WH3.

After the Rome 2 release disaster this is the second biggest shot in their own foot that they performed.

God, they are not letting this for 6 month... god does anyone think further than simply norsca may= ME sucks till may

Because this isnt the reality

Yes because the track record of CA is so flawless. Every bug or imbalance has been fixed asap in the next patch amiright?

Thats why wh1 has the horrible balance issues with dwarves ai vs orc ai since the release of the king and the warlord until today. without any fix.
    There has been dozens and dozens on post about this and they still dont care today.

So I will cheer CA when i see bugs /inbalances fixed and not before. We will see what of current problems with ME will get taken care of with the next patch.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 15,205
    While opinions on game play issues and associated elements are supported and welcome, personal attacks, innuendo and bickering insults are not.

I recommend another reading of the Forum Terms & Conditions, particularly Section 1, for a number of people.

Strongly recommend.

dge1
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • hurricane501hurricane501 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,834
    Why every time someone speaks up about CA being a disappointment the thread gets moved to rants and raves and nothing gets any better?

I mean do the mods get told by CA staff to do this? Delete posts DONT move a full thread... useless mods, i bet they dont even play the game :\
  • ThaneMurthor12ThaneMurthor12 Registered Users Posts: 392
    edited December 2017
    @hurricane501 is a bit paranoid I feel.
    Khazukan Kazakit-ha!

"In the centuries I have been the High King, our enemies have thought us weak, cowards hiding in the deepest, darkest places. Heh, fools! Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, etched in blood! Clan Gurnisson! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman! The Urks must pay, Let them come..."

"One wrong put right, yet the Great Book of Grudges...remains full..."

- High King Thorgrim Grudgebearer.

2»