Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

"Failed to find Steam"

LeckisLeckis Junior MemberPosts: 16Registered Users
edited December 2011 in Total War Eras Support Forum
I have Rome: Total War Gold Edition on Steam, I have reinstalled it several times but I still get this Application Error whenever I try to start BI or RTW: "Failed to find Steam". I have searched on google and tried to figure out how to make it work. I am trying to play vanilla RTW and that's not possible, when I download an RTW mod and I change the "launch options" to run that mod in properties of RTW on Steam then I am able to run that mod and it all works. But if I then remove the launch options (which is supposed to be empty when you want to play without mods) then I get the "Failed to find Steam" error.

I have verified integrity of game cache several times aswell, without anything happening.

I've been thinking of the option to install a very small mod with minimal changes but so far I've been unfortunate and only found mods that don't need a new "launch options" but uses the old .exe, then I encounter the same problem. I have tried Extended greek mod but it changes too much (I prefer vanilla over it) and with that mod it worked because I had to change the launch options to fit that mod.
Post edited by Leckis on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.